Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

121 | Mount Kisco, NY

121 Reviews for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Marijela · Married on 07/14/2017

Thank you Hal Prince and specially DJ Steve for a fantastic night! Working with Hal Prince was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Everything was beyond our expectations!!! Music was fantastic. Special thank you to DJ Steve for creating the playlist that kept everyone dancing all night long and putting up with our Serbian music requests. Once again thank you Hal Prince for helping us make our dream come true!!!

Best,
    Marijela & Steven

Sent on 08/05/2017

Lori · Married on 06/24/2017

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! – all words to describe the incredible band Nightsong from Hal Prince Music and Entertainment. We felt we struck gold when the band started playing and we saw so many people getting up to dance. We had a pretty eclectic group of people that ranged in ages from 2 to 92 and from different parts of the country and the world. The band appealed to everyone so much so that there was no coaxing anyone to get up to dance.
    When we met Jill from Hal Prince we told her what type of music we like and some of which we didn’t. We gave her some songs we definitely wanted played. We didn’t make a lengthy list because Jill suggested to us that we leave it up to the band. She said they would know how to read the crowd. They really did read the crowd well.
    As our guests were leaving many said they enjoyed the band so much that they didn’t want the evening to end. It’s almost three weeks since the wedding and we still get messages from friends and family telling us how much they enjoyed the band.
    I thank Jill, the band and all of Hal Prince Music and Entertainment for making our wedding an absolute success.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2017

This was a fantastic choice! Steve,our dj, played great music that kept the dance floor full the whole night!! I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 06/12/2017

L · event on: 05/27/2017

Could not be happier with using Hal Prince Music and Entertainment for our granddaughter's Bat Mitzvah. Easy to work with; wonderful ideas and guidelines; flexible in working with other vendors (eg. Photographer, Manager for Venue of event).

Everyone from ages 2 years to 200 loved MC Paul and the crew. The music generated a lot of energy without being over the top. Jill was easy to work with and I would recommend this vendor to all.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Marcy · Married on 05/27/2017

I hired Jay Prince and his entire band for my daughter's wedding and it was the absolute best decision I made. This band beat any other band or DJ I have ever heard in my life and our guests couldn't agree more. They had EVERYONE on the dance floor all night. Only an experienced, passionate and successful band can do that. I feel like getting Jay's schedule so I can crash a wedding for another memorable night. Every single guest commented positively about the band. Without question Jay Prince made my daughter wedding a night to remember! Again... best decision ever!

Sent on 07/19/2017

geoff · Married on 05/27/2017

Jay and the band played our May 2017 wedding, and our friends and family have been raving about it ever since. Jay was super accommodating to all our music requests, and the band's ability to capture every request was spectacular! Having Jay play truly put our special event over the top, and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Leslie · event on: 05/20/2017

We were thrilled with Hal Prince Music and Entertainment at our annual gala. We have now had them perform at our gala two years in a row and they are professional, flexible and highly entertaining. They always get the crowd on the dance floor and make the event fun for everyone!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Debbie · event on: 04/01/2017

I can't say enough about Hal Prince Entertainment whom we hired for our daughter's recent bat-mitzvah party. We wanted this event of 150 guests of all ages to be fun for everyone. Jill, Jay and their team led by MC Mel and DJ Steve made this happen! They were incredibly receptive and responsive to our particular needs, came up with great ideas for enhancing the whole party experience, attended to all details, and were consistently energetic, flexible and positive. They are the ultimate professionals and a pleasure to work with. We loved everything about our party and are still getting positive feedback from our guests weeks later! Thank you Hal Prince!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Bonnie · event on: 11/26/2016

We recently used this company's service for our 50th birthday party. The band was absolutely amazing! The variety of songs, the sound and energy of the band kept the crowd dancing all night! Hal Prince Entertainment was also able to provide other services we were looking for to make our party complete. ( a terrific mentalist, a photo booth, a photographer) Our entire experience i dealing with them was an absolute pleasure!

Sent on 11/28/2016

lyssa · event on: 11/12/2016

Jay and Jill Prince are amazing to work with from start to finish! They guided us, gave us professional input, and were beyond enthusiastic and accessible. Hal Prince gave us an amazing LIVE music bar mitzvah party, and the band/DJ combo was simply perfect for our needs and wants. The dance floor was rocking all night, DJ Mel kept the place high energy, and the motivational dancers were pure fun and energy. We are still on Cloud 9 and couldn't be happier! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Roxane · event on: 11/12/2016

Just posted on fb:"Steve and Oscar of Hal Prince were THE most
    AMAZING DJ & MC at our daughter's Bat Mitzvah!! They were the pulse and the soul of our party!
    The owner, Jill, is extremely knowledgable and was the ultimate professional. She held our hand throughout the process! She is a true rock star in her industry
    The lovely front desk manager, Pat, is great at alleviating any of your concerns and extremely patient!! Hal Prince is the best ingredient for anyone thinking of having an event!!"

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • User3658816 · event on: 11/05/2016

Hal Prince Music has consistantly been fabulous at every event we have had. Our most recent Gala had a key board player during the cocktail reception and a full band at the dinner. If I could give them a higher rating than " 5" I would. The music was wonderful, they are completely professional and they are excellent at reading the crowd throughout the night and playing the perfect music. Jay is always pleasure to work with and the office is well run and responsive to any questions that come up.

I highly recommend Hal Prince Music.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Bonnie · event on: 10/29/2016

Could not have been happier!! Richard the DJ played exactly what we wanted and knew what to play when. Oscar the MC was amazing! He got the crowd moving and everyone had so much fun. He handled everything and let me know that I don't have to worry about anything and that I should just enjoy the day. He said he would take care of everything and he did! The dancer was great also. Everyone was very professional. One could tell that they have done this many times before and knew how to run a party. Will absolutely use them again when the boys have their bar mitzvahs.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Erin · event on: 10/15/2016

M & M Duo from Hal Prince music performed at our Milestone Birthday and Anniversary Party on Saturday night at Redeye Grill in New York City. It was my 40th Birthday, my husband's 60th Birthday and our 10th Anniversary so we wanted to have a special celebration to mark these milestones. I immediately turned to Hal Prince Music & Entertainment, because Jay Prince and his band performed at our wedding 10 years ago and were so fantastic -- meeting with us to come up with a song list, learning our first dance song and taking other special requests. Jay is so personable, upbeat, professional and talented that I had complete faith in him 10 years and he exceeded my expectations for our wedding. For this event, it was a smaller venue and we just needed a duo for cocktail hour music and entertainment during a sit-down dinner for 70 people. I turned to him for advice, and M & M Duo was the perfect recommendation. The female vocalist is fantastic and the male guitar player is talented and equally charismatic. They were there set-up early and agreed to stay late when the party ran over. They performed a perfect mix of old time rock and new popular songs including Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers and Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. M & M played an impromptu slow dance for me and my husband and let us use their microphones to do welcoming remarks/speeches. Several of my guests have sent me messages complimenting the music! I can not more highly recommend this duo or Jay Prince Band to anyone looking for amazing entertainment for their special event.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Tara · Married on 10/08/2016

The Jay Prince Band absolutely rocked our October 8, 2016 wedding! A live band was our nonnegotiable item for our wedding, so we did extensive research on who to select. We went to NYC showcases, met with bands, asked for recommendations, spent hours looking at videos and reviews online... we didn't make a decision lightly. When meeting with Jill and Jay in their Mt. Kisco office (also have an NYC office), they were extremely personable, professional and truly listened to what we wanted- verses simply trying to 'sell us' on the band. After meeting, we got only excellent recommendations from other couples who had used them, so we booked them! In the lead up to the wedding, Jay and his assistant Pat, answered all emails and questions promptly. My husband and I met with Jay to discuss the tempo we wanted for the night. Jay helped us come up with a good collection of old songs, new songs and traditional songs that would fit the 250 person crowd. We had songs for every generation! No one sat at our wedding, unless it was because their feet hurt from dancing. The highlight of the night was our first dance to the song 'Tennessee Whiskey.' The band learned the song for us and absolutely nailed it! It was even better than the original version! We have received countless compliments on the Jay Prince Band and they absolutely exceeded our already high expectations. If you want people dancing your entire wedding and talking about how much it rocked for years to come, the Jay Prince Band (from Hal Prince Entertainment) is worth every penny.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Abbi · Married on 09/18/2016

Jay and Hal Prince Music and Entertainment are INCREDIBLE!!! The dance floor at our wedding was jam-packed the entire night! The quality of their music is astounding and they play such a wide variety of songs and genres that this band is perfect for any and every occasion. In addition to being amazingly talented, Jay and his team are professional, organized, and a joy to work with. These guys are just a ton of fun, full of energy, and we could not have asked for a better band for our wedding. I would highly recommend Hal Prince Music and Entertainment!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 08/20/2016

DJ/MC Steve and the rest of the Hal Prince staff was great. Very responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding day and the actual wedding couldn't have gone smoother! We had our wedding on the beach and the DJ played music for us then and right after that (during cocktail hour) went into the reception room to set up. I have never seen so many people on a dance floor. The entrances for the wedding party were all customized with a different song and it made the wedding even more personalized. HAL PRINCE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT WAS WONDERFUL!

Sent on 09/08/2016

jill · Married on 08/06/2016

We could not have asked for a more professional band for our wedding !
    Jay Prince and his band kept our party going all
    Night and absolutely nailed every song !
    We are still fielding texts , emails and phone calls from our guests raving about the music !

Sent on 08/08/2016

Sandra · Married on 08/06/2016

Hal Prince Entertainment provided musicians, DJ, emcee and sound system for my wedding in August 2016--they exceeded all of my expectations!! All guests were raving at the quality of the entertainment and many asked for the information for referrals. The emcee went above and beyond the entire evening and there was a terrific saxophone player accompanying the DJ during the reception. For the ceremony and cocktail hour a talented pianist wooed our crowd. I can't recommend enough!!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Shanna · Married on 08/06/2016

When the question came up, band or DJ, it was no doubt in my mind we wanted a band! And no other band came to mind than the famous Nightsong group from Hal Prince Orchestra! The band was AMAZING! Bandleader Mike did the most amazing job or seamless switching between our first dances, and made sure the party was ROCKING! We have several swing dancers in the mix and they had a blast! Almost everyone was up on the dance floor, and when the sax player is in the middle dancing with yours truly, WHILE still playing is no easy feat. Guests could not stop gushing about the wonderful band! My brother wanted to play a special song for me, and the band had no issue handing over a guitar for him to sing and play such a sweet song. We were singing, laughing and dancing up until the very last minute! The band really, really made the night memorable! It was 10,000% worth hiring a band! I would recommend any of them in a heart beat! Are we sure we cannot give them higher than 5 stars?! These guys and girls were seriously an 11!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Carol · Married on 06/25/2016

Engaging the Hal Prince for my daughter’s wedding was a great choice. Not only did we get Jay Prince as our Band Leader but Jill Prince was also part of the team. As for the Jay and the Band, our guests are still talking about them. In addition to being up-beat and talented musicians, the sound quality was fantastic. I hate going to weddings, where you can’t hear. Somehow Jay manages to play at sound volumes that clearly inspire the crowd to get up and boogie but that is not so loud that people cannot converse. Jay and the Band can play anything you want to hear on your special day their set list is quite extensive. Our directive was that all the music had to popular and recognizable by our guests of all ages. Every song played was someone’s favorite song. Their covers are simply amazing. We went for the 12 piece band that included several singers and an incredible horn section. I wish I could listen and dance to such a great band every weekend. Jay is also a great emcee. He is charisma personified. Putting your affair in Jay’s hands is a good idea. He is fun and enthusiastic. That is also important during the planning aspect of your function. The process should be fun and not an ordeal. Jay made it a joyful time for us.

It was my good fortune to hook up with Jill Prince as well. Jill put together the visual embodiment of what we wanted for my daughter’s wedding. She suggested a lighting and décor package that I had not seen before. It drove home the message of summer and happiness that we wanted to convey. She arranged for fabulous furniture rentals, incredible lighting and a monogrammed white dance floor that made the room magical. She is familiar with a wide variety of venues and vendors. She is a pleasure to work with and our wedding would not have been as magnificent as it was without her!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Debbie · event on: 06/11/2016

Hal Prince Entetainment is truly the best!
    From the planning stages, to the party and beyond! At one point during the night I looked around and every single one of her friends were on the dance floor! That was a complete success!
    Thank you Hal Prince Entertainment!
    I can't wait to use you for our next event!

Sent on 06/13/2016
  • User6803254 · event on: 06/04/2016

Superb band. Place rocked and the crew was incredibly gracious and accommodating.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Stacy · event on: 05/21/2016

Jay Prince and the Hal Prince Band were BEYOND wonderful! So talented and sensitive to the crowd, the arc of the evening - they had folks aged 40 to 75 up and dancing from the moment they started playing, and the dance floor never cleared except for dinner service. Responsive, professional, talented BRAVO!!

Sent on 05/24/2016
  • User6684542 · event on: 05/07/2016

The Jay Prince band was AMAZING! Everyone is talking about it! They did a terrific job of playing a variety of music to appeal to everyone in the crowd; the dance floor was packed the entire evening.

Sent on 05/09/2016