Hair that Moves Reviews

65 | Berwick, ME

65 Reviews for Hair that Moves

1 User photo

Hair that Moves 1

Lena is so friendly and easy to communicate with. She was very helpful in deciding what updo looked right for me for my wedding day. We scheduled a trial and she gave me exactly the hairdo that we discussed!!!!!! She calmed my nerves and I had no worries for my wedding day!!! I absolutely loved my hair on the day of my wedding and so did everyone else. I received so many compliments!!! She also did such a great job on the bridesmaids and my mother's hair. She is very experienced and will give you exactly the hair style you ask for!!!! I am so glad I chose Lena to do the hair for my wedding. I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride!!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Lena has it all: talent, personality, great business sense, experience, skills, and she's hilarious.
    She executed my vision perfectly, and skillfully accommodated a few changes the day-of. She was also great with my mom and bridesmaids, giving them each a unique hairstyle that worked with their different dresses, personalities, hair types/colors, and style preferences. I danced like crazy at my wedding and my hair stayed put until I finally crashed at 3am.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

Lena is amazing!! Long review short: Lena was fantastic and a joy to work with. She is unbelievably kind, amazingly efficient, professional, and most importantly, will make you feel beautiful! As New England was a destination wedding for me - I only met Lena a few days before the wedding for my trial, but I barely had to tell Lena what I had in mind for hair and she NAILED it during the trial. And THEN she managed to make it even better on our wedding day! Besides that, she did an amazing job on each of bridesmaids and the moms. Lena planned out our schedule ahead of time and had time for any fixes or changes any girls wanted. Everyone could not say enough about how great their hair looked and how well it stayed ALL day and night!! My sister will be using her at her wedding this fall and I cannot wait to work with her again!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Brea · Married on 11/02/2013

Lena is amazing at what she does but beyond that just great to work with. Her attention to detail, the timeline and meeting everyones needs was professional on all levels. Not only did we all look fantastic but our hair stayed that way till the very last song! She knows how to make you look fabulous to the end of the night!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Laura · Married on 09/21/2013

Lena was an absolute joy to have doing hair on my wedding day. From our first meeting I knew that she would be a perfect match for my wedding style. At our trial she knew exactly what I was describing that I wanted for my wedding hair, and created a perfect trial that was even better than I could have imagined. On my wedding day, she was happy, calm, and relaxed while doing a wedding party of 10 bridesmaids, myself, and two mothers! She even stayed ahead of schedule! It was so wonderful having Lena with me on my wedding morning - she immediately felt like just one of the girls, talking easily to all of my bridesmaids and creating a wonderfully fun yet relaxing vibe on my wedding morning. All of the girls looked BEAUTIFUL! I can't tell you how many people remarked on how incredible all 10 of the bridesmaids looked and how stunning their hair was. I absolutely LOVED my wedding hair - Lena is so incredibly talented. I am so thankful that I had Lena along with me on my wedding day and have never felt more beautiful than I did that day, thanks to Lena. Book Lena as soon as you can! It will be one of the best decisions that you can make to guarantee feeling beautiful on your wedding day and enjoying the entire process!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2013

Lena did an amazing job for my wedding. I truly believe she listened to my ideas/concerns and made the process comfortable and easy. She was decisive when I couldn't be. We had a challenging MOB and she handled her like a pro, never allowing me to feel responsible for the random and difficult requests from my own mother. Getting ready was a breeze and I LOVED the outcome. My hair looked amazing as well as the girl's hair in my wedding party. Everything stayed in place and from what I could see, pictures will be great!!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Lena at Hair that Moves was AWESOME. Having had my hair done many times before for other people's weddings and having ALWAYS been very disappointed, I was not overly excited about hair. I also didn't really have any good ideas for my hairstyle. Prior to my appointment with Lena, I decided I wanted a French twist/bun combo. Lena created exactly what I asked for, but I ultimately decided to change the look for the real day. I didn't have time to meet with Lena again before the wedding, so she created the hair style the day of the wedding and it was completely gorgeous and exactly what I had wanted all along (without knowing it)! It also stayed put all day and night. She also did all my bridesmaid's hair and my mom's hair and everyone's looked amazing! Lots of different hair types and styles and Lena created 8 totally different looks that were all beautiful!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Kara · Married on 05/18/2013

Lena is amazing. She is truly an artist when it comes to hair. My hair looked exactly the way I wanted on my wedding day and I owe it all to Lena. She is so nice and accommodating and I would definitely recommend her for your wedding day hair! Thank you Lena!

Sent on 06/29/2013

I booked Hair that Moves to do my hair and my bridal party’s hair for my February 2013 wedding. I have to say that after researching many hair dressers Lena is by far the best out there. When I went for my trial, I could tell right away that SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE’S DOING! She has such an eye for bridal hair. I felt very comfortable with her. She is professional and a lot of fun to work with. It was so worth it to have a stylist come to my house! The day of my wedding was so relaxed and fun. When changed what I wanted at the last minute, Lena was not fazed at all. Everyone was very pleased with their look and my 4 year old cousin was in her glory with all of the personal attention and her first updo. I got so many compliments on my hair. It lasted all night and it truly looked elegant and beautiful. Thank you so much for everything Lena…..YOU ARE AMAZING!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Alicia · Married on 12/08/2012

Lena at Hair that Moves is fantastic! She listened to all of my ideas as to how I envisioned my hair looking on our wedding day, and literally plucked the image out of my head and made my hair look exactly like that! She also gave me a fantastic blow out & makeup application for our Engagement Photos. My naturally curly/unruly hair looked photo ready all day!

She's also a great person in her own right. I was a nervous wreck this morning of our wedding and she calmed me down, joked around with me and made me feel a million times better. I only wish she was closer so that I could go to Lena with my every day hair needs!

Sent on 02/22/2013

Margaret · Married on 09/14/2013

I worked with Lena from Hair that Moves for my September 2013. Lena and her colleague, Jenn, handled hair and/or makeup for myself, four bridesmaids, two moms, one grandmother, and one sister. They were fantastic!

Lena was a joy to work with. She executed my hair and makeup exactly as I'd imagined, even incorporating a few minor changes from what we'd done at the trial. My hair stayed all night but didn't feel plastered to my head. My makeup looked flawless, even after sweating it out on the dance floor. Lena is excellent at listening to what you'd like and also giving advice on what she thinks will work best. She was also great with my mom who is not used to wearing much makeup.

Lena and Jenn were wonderful to have with us as we got ready on the morning of the wedding. Calm and friendly, they were a great addition to our day. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND working with Hair that Moves.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Kristin · Married on 07/02/2011

If i had a nickle for every time someone gushed over my hair on my wedding day, I'd be rich! Lena did an awesome job- and the darn thing stayed in ALL DAY LONG! It wasn't stiff and tacky, but gorgeously uplifted and natural looking. She listened to my ideas and looked at the photos I supplied her with during my trial run. She took photos of my hair during the trial run. She was completely prepared on my wedding day. She put me at ease while working on my hair, and gave me tips on how to keep my mane looking good all day long.

The best part? She comes to you the day of your wedding, which saves you the stress of running around to have your hair done! And she's a doll, too. Thanks Lena, for making me look beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Leah · Married on 06/11/2016

Lena was absolutely wonderful! I was looking for someone to come do my bridesmaids hair (I had 8 of them) and the mother of the groom because my cousin was going to take care of mine and my moms. She now only showed up on time at my house and had the first girl in the chair early to get the day started, she stuck to her schedule (30mins per girl!!!!) and we were all done on time!! Because of how fast she works (not giving up any quality with her speed) we were able to start our day later than any other wedding I've ever been in, it was wonderful, we had such a relaxed morning and were not pressed for time at all. She helped to make the getting ready part stress free and with that many girls and the mother of the groom you would have thought it was a challenge but she absolutely knows what shes doing, shes so professional and sweet and I highly recommend her to any bride who wants a laid back, stress free morning!! Thanks Lena!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you so much for your sweet words! It was a pleasure helping all of your ladies! I hope they all enjoyed the day as well! warm wishes to you

abigail · Married on 06/11/2011

Dear Lena,

I want to thank you for your wonderful work at my wedding. My hair was perfect and I received so many compliments on my hairstyles for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. You were able to create the exact looks that I wanted for my hair on both nights. For the wedding, my mother's and my bridesmaids' hairstyles also looked just as nice, and complimented my wedding day hair as well. I was impressed that everyone had a different style, but we all fit together with a relaxed, "beachy" look.

You were pleasant to work with and efficient with your time, which is so important when there are eight women getting their hair done in one morning. Thank you for everything and I hope to work with you again soon!

Best,

Abigail Putnam

Sent on 07/19/2011

0.2
      0.5
      0.5

Let me start by saying that I did not actually work with Lena, I only had e-mail correspondence with her. I inquired about her availability, and she responded with an incredibly rude e-mail about how she's been booked for that date for over a year and that she'd be surprised if I found anyone who was still available. It was still 5 months before my wedding! A simple "I'm already booked" would have been just fine. I think we dodged a bullet.

Sent on 04/20/2015