Hair that Moves Reviews

65 Reviews for Hair that Moves

1 User photo

Hair that Moves 1

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

Lena is FABULOUS!!! I used Lena for my wedding -- she did my hair and my bridesmaid's -- and she was absolutely wonderful, both leading up to the wedding and on the day of! My hair was one thing that I was super picky about during the planning process, mostly because I never wear my hair up and so wanted the up-do to look formal but also like me! Lena was so patient and accommodating as I worked through what hair style I wanted with her. She did 3 hair trials for me, testing out different looks each time until we found the perfect up-do. She offered suggestions as to what she thought would work well/look nice, but she also is very flexible and can do any hairstyle you show her. On the day of the wedding, Lena was early to the wedding site, set up quickly, and was ready to go! She is able to do lots of girls in a short amount of time, which was wonderful for someone like me who had a relatively large bridal party. All of my bridesmaids were also raving about their hairdos. One friend even got Lena's contact info to use her for her own upcoming wedding! All in all, Lena is an incredibly talented hair stylist, and she will be an excellent vendor for your wedding day or special occasion!! @Lena, thanks again for everything!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Sarah, you are sweet and thank you for these kind words. I am so happy that we were able to find the perfect hair style for you. I loved helping your bridesmaids- it was a great day!

Lucy · Married on 04/29/2017

Lena was fabulous! She did hair and makeup for the bridal party and the mothers of the bride and groom. I'm the groom's mom and didn't want a lot of makeup. Lena completely understood and respected my wish to look like me, but better. She was a special part of a special day.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Jocelyn · Married on 02/11/2017

When I was choosing vendors for my wedding, I didn't think about just how important the people who would be with me in the hours leading up to my first look would be -- so I got very lucky that I selected someone as amazing as Lena to do my hair! She is calm, humble, funny, and real and I was so grateful to be hanging out with her on my wedding day.

I have naturally curly hair and it was very important to me that my wedding hair work with those curls. Lena did an amazing job and truly created my dream updo. I looked like me, very natural, and my curls lasted all night -- through portraits OUTSIDE in a BLIZZARD, the ceremony, speeches, hugs, and dancing. It was amazing.

Lena was also incredible and flexible when it came to our schedule and working with five ladies with a variety of different sensitivities and styles. She made everyone feel special and important and everyone loved working with her.

THANK YOU, LENA!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Mary · Married on 12/31/2016

Hair that Moves was the best decision I ever made when planning my NYE wedding. I didn't have a simple theme in mind and tend to over analyze being in the event coordinating business myself, & Lena's talent, calm, efficient, & fun attitude made then entire process of doing everyone's hair seamless. With all different women in the world and how we like to look Lena's care and attention to each woman in my bridal party and life made 1000% difference in ALL of our nights. Thank you thank you Lena & Hair that Moves. You will not regret hiring these wonderful people who make you feel like all you have to do is show up and say what you want!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

MAry, you are the sweetest- so honored that you chose me to be a part of your night! what a great day you had and I KNOW you all had a great night!

Mallory · Married on 10/22/2016

First and foremost, let it be known that I am the epitome of a type-A personality (read "difficult to please"). If I did it all over again, Lena would still be standing there. Lena played an integral part in my big day not only as a stylist but as a confidant. There is a serene calmness about her which you don't anticipate needing until the day-of when all emotions are at their height. She is genuine; professional; and has a confidence that she exudes in her presence because - let's face it - she is downright damn good at what she does. Lena ensured that my hair was flawless and withstood the storm - and by storm, I mean winds, torrential downpour and one hell of an all-night dance party. She made sure that I felt comfortable with the result during my hair trial but also took the time to ensure my bridal party's hair was perfection (and did so all while calm, cool and collected due to calculated planning on her part for 8 plus 2 flower girls). Bonus? She even went above and beyond to incorporate an added extension/hairpiece after determining during our trial that would put my style over-the-top (in the fabulous way, of course). Look no further for a wedding day hair stylist if you've found Lena because trust me, being from Atlanta and planning my Kennebunkport wedding from afar, I reviewed every stylist that exists and didn't stop until I found Lena.

Thank you for being there for my wedding day Lena ... you are one very special woman and one badass stylist! ;)
    Mallory (Meggitt) Atkinson

Sent on 04/12/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

I am humbled by your kind words and honored to have been a part of your day. I had so much fun with you and your sweet family. I just loved all of your photos and truly enjoyed watching your magical night through the photos. thank you for having me!xo

Susie · Married on 09/24/2016

You have to book Lena! She did my sister's hair for her wedding 8 years ago so it was an easy decision for me to make when I looked into vendors for my wedding. My hair was out of this world gorgeous ---- better than I ever dreamed and my bridesmaids were also beautiful. Lena took my input and translated it beautifully. She is very relaxed and has a calming presence, which I appreciated! You can not go wrong with Lena!!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Hair that Moves's reply:

Susie thank you so much for your kind words. I was honored to be a part of your wedding day 8 years after your sisters! I loved helping you and your friends get ready for the big day and you were just stunning. I am so glad you loved your hair!

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

I got married this past Saturday (9/17/16) and Lena was amazing. From the moment she arrived, she was professional, timely, and listened to all the needs and requests of the wedding party. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a hair stylist who is kind, flexible, patient and easy going! The day was perfect from start to finish and I feel lucky to have had such an amazing stylist ♥ I will definitely be using her in the future for other events and special occasions!

Thanks again Lena, everything was exactly how I pictured it!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

catey · Married on 09/04/2016

Lena was fantastic to work with! During my hair trial I couldn't really articulate what I wanted, and she took all of my disparate ideas and created exactly what I had in mind. My hair isn't particularly easy to work with, and she did SUCH a fantastic job. On my wedding day, she was on time, did such a great job with my hair and my bridesmaids' hair, and was so fun with us while we got ready. During the whole process, she was communicative and easy to coordinate with. I would 100% recommend her to anyone who is looking for a stress-free experience with phenomenal results!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Hair that Moves's reply:

Catey I was honored to be a part of your gorgeous day! I loved working with you and your friends and family to create their ideal looks. I am so glad that you loved your hair! thank you for sharing! xo

Carla · Married on 05/29/2016

Lena is fabulous! My sister used her for her wedding a couple years back and when I got engaged, I knew I had to book her! At both my sister's wedding and my own, not only was my hair absolutely gorgeous, but my up-do's were very secure. I was able to dance and jump around on the dance floor without ever feeling like my hair was coming loose - not something you want to have to worry about on your wedding day. She's also super sweet and great to work with. I live in Chicago and got married out in New Hampshire, but it was no problem communicating with Lena via email and phone, and she always responded very quickly. You want her for you wedding day or whatever special occasion you are getting your hair done for!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Lena from Hair that Moves is AMAZING! She is one of the sweetest vendors that I worked with for my wedding. She is calm, cool, and collected and extremely gifted at what she does. She did everything that I asked for but made my hair better than I could have imagined. I am so grateful to have found her and I am recommending her to all my newly engaged friends! She books up fast so make sure you book her out far in advance!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you so much for your kind words! I loved working with you as well and I was honored to be a part of your day!~

Jillian · Married on 09/26/2015

Hair That Moves... Lena was amazing! I could not imagine, even as the bride, my hair could look that good! She did a gorgeous up - do for myself and various up-do's, 1/2 &1/2's and styles for my bridesmaids and my mother. Everyone looked fantastic. Lena was very professional and efficient but at the same time was so relaxed and easy to talk to. She was exactly what we needed! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Hair that Moves's reply:

Jillian, thank you for this review. I had so much fun with you and your family and friends the day of your wedding. Thank you for trusting me with your hair needs on your big day!

Lena was amazing!! She did my hair and my giant bridal party (12 girls) with ease. She worked with me throughout the planning process and eased my nerves when coming up with the schedule for the day. She came bright and early in order to fit all of us in before we had to be ready. She is SO talented. Everyone's hair looked amazing and stayed in all day. Everyone looked so beautiful and I couldn't have been happier with everything. Lena is also the nicest person and was so fun to hang out with while getting ready. Book her asap!!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Hair that Moves's reply:

Thank you Marie! I loved working with you too! I am so glad that you had fun getting ready and that everyone's hair lasted all night! that is always music to my ears! I hope to see you again at all your friends and sisters weddings!

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

Lena was absolutely perfect! Organized, punctual, and even more importantly - made my hair look EXACTLY the way I had envisioned it would look on my wedding day! She also did an amazing job with my bridal party (6 girls) and my mom and mother-in-law - timing was on point (which is so important on the wedding day) and she just made it all seamless. Couldn't have imagined working with anyone other than Lena for my special day! I hands down recommend Lena!!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Kailey · Married on 08/07/2015

Lena was absolutely amazing on my wedding day. She is incredibly professional and a ton of fun to work with. My bridesmaids all had different styles they asked for and she made everyone look gorgeous. She came to the venue which made life so much easier, she showed up early and made sure we all knew when we were up next. I couldn't have asked for a more stress free process or a more wonderful hair stylist!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Hair that Moves's reply:

Thank you so much Kailey. I had a great time with you and your friends and I wish you all the best! xo

Tory · Married on 07/25/2015

Lena is AMAZING! She is a true professional and unbelievably talented. After reviewing many pinterest ideas, Lena worked with me to create the perfect hairstyle for my wedding. I've never felt more beautiful! Lena's demeanor on the day of my wedding could not have been better - she arrived on time, she set everything up quickly, and she was incredibly relaxed. She was the perfect person to help guide the morning and make sure everything ran smoothly. Lena is one of the best in the business, and I will be recommending her for year to come!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Hair that Moves's reply:

Thank you Tory! I had so much fun helping you with your wedding hair styles.
    I hope to see you again soon! xo

Lena and Jenn did an incredible job on all of our hair! When I went in for my trial I had an idea of what I wanted, but I needed some guidance. Lena immediately understood exactly what I was looking for, and I was completely blown away. My hair was perfect! The day of the wedding Lena and Jenn did a great job helping us all to stay on schedule (I had a lot of bridesmaids!) and did an excellent job with all of our hair. All of the ladies loved their hair, and we all fit together perfectly. When I took my hair out 12+ hours after getting it done not a single strand had come loose. All the photos are so outstanding!
    Lena was also a pleasure to work with during the planning process. She made everything easy and was available when I needed her. I would recommend her to anyone, and I hope to be in a wedding in the future with Lena doing my hair!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Lena is absolutely amazing! She recently did hair for my wedding and I could not have been happier with how everything turned out. My bridesmaids and mom looked amazing as well. We all received so many compliments during the evening about how great out hair looked. Not only does Lena create the most amazing hair styles, but she is also so warm and lovely to be around. She fit in so well with my friends and family and put us all at ease on a day that can be very stressful. Lena, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me look my best on my wedding day!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Lena (and Jen) did hair and make-up for myself, my flower girl and 6 bridesmaids for my wedding two weeks ago. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with her! I had probably a thousand questions before the day came and she was patient and always quick to respond. She was incredibly flexible and worked around my schedule. My hair and make-up came out better than I could have ever imagined and every bride should use her for their special day!! Whether you know what you want exactly or have no idea, she can do anything. Thank you so much Lena!!!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/24/2014

I have very fine, lifeless hair with many see-through (bald) areas, and of my biggest concerns about my wedding day was that my hair would not look very "special." Lena was able to completely transform my look--so much so that I think MOST of the compliments I received on our wedding day were in regards to my hair!! I felt completely confident and beautiful all day, and my bridesmaids looked stunning as well. My sister had another wedding to go to the next day, and Lena gave her a look that looked soft but also lasted through to the next evening. She completely understood the style we were going for and created it effortlessly and quickly. THANK YOU Lena!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Renée · Married on 10/04/2014

Lena Hartford made my daughter's wedding extra special, not only by her talent as a hair stylist but also by her wonderful and upbeat personality. She made my daughter look and feel extra special and she extended that to her entire wedding party. Her talents as a hair stylist are supreme and her ability to fit into the wedding day seamlessly was amazing. If you have the opportunity to have her at your special day-don't hesitate! Thank you Lena!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Crystal · Married on 10/03/2014

Lena is absolutely fantastic! She is such an amazing hair stylist. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and when I looked in the mirror when she was finished I was blown away! Not only was it the hairstyle I showed her it was better and everything I dreamed my wedding hair would be on my day. I can't thank Lena enough! She did an equally amazing job with my bridesmaids and flower girls hair. She is truly awesome!! Thank you Lena, you rock!!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Heather · Married on 08/23/2014

Where do I start?! To all the brides reading this.... stop your search for a hair stylist and book Lena at Hair that Moves! It will be one of the best decisions you make! Lena is not only a hair stylist but she specializes in weddings and that is essential to your search for a hair artist on your wedding day. She is unbelievably efficient, kind, professional, and most importantly, will make you feel beautiful!!! I barely had to tell Lena what I had in mind for hair and she NAILED it during the trial and on my wedding day. Another very important factor was the AMAZING experience all 9 of my bridesmaids had working with Lena. Each of their hair was as beautiful as the others. I had bridesmaids worried about their hair as they have had bad experiences in the past for updo's... they could not say enough about how great their hair looked and how well it stayed in tact ALL Day!!! Thank you LENA!

Sent on 09/09/2014

erin · Married on 08/09/2014

Lena was better than amazing for my wedding day! First, when we met for my trail a month out, I brought 4 different pictures of what I would want my hair to look like for my special day. Lena combined pictures to make the perfect up do and even added extra volume in my flat hair. On our wedding day, Lena came to our hotel room to create 7 hairstyles for the bridal party. So friendly, upbeat and excited to start working with us, it felt like Lena was just another friend coming to do our hair although it was only the second time meeting with her. She made all the girls feel relaxed, comfortable and confident that their hair would look perfect. Lena planned ahead of schedule and had time for any fixes or changes any girls wanted. Lena worked directly with my makeup artist, to create a time schedule for us 7 girls; that made it easier for me because it was another detail that I did not have to worry about. I highly recommend her for any event you are planning and especially your wedding! I received so many compliments during the reception about how great my hair looked. Lena was fantastic and a joy to work with!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Mina · Married on 07/20/2014

Lena was wonderful to work with- and was a very nice person on top of being a great hairstylist! And my hair was beautiful, as was that of my wedding party and my mom and mom-in-law's hair!! Stunning! She even found a little time to squeeze in a quick flat iron for an aunt of mine, who was staying with us- and made her hair look lovely too!

I described what I wanted, and Lena styled my updo exactly as I wanted, elegant - and sleek - and it stayed and looked beautiful all day and all night long.

I highly recommend Lena! ;-) xoxo Mina

Sent on 08/15/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/22/2014

Lena was awesome! The style at the trial wasn't quite what I wanted, but we communicated about it and resolved the issue. My hair turned out wonderful on the wedding day. I had so many compliments on it and people wanting to know who did my hair. She worked great with the children in my party, even the difficult ones. It was so great to work with her!

Thank you so much!