78 Reviews for Pins To Pearls, LLC

Consultations (7)
Makeup (6)
Licensed (1)
Airbrush Makeup (1)

First of all let me just say, that I am pretty sure that like most women, we all are freaking out about our hair up to the day of the wedding! And that was me! And I was just the mother of the groom!haha Shanna, several times, reassured me that i was going to look great! Well, she certainly pulled it off! I have never had soo many compliments! My makeup and hair looked fantastic! I would suggest her to anyone! She is upbeat and fun which makes it even better!!

Profile Picture Belinda, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Having Pins to Pearls at my sisters wedding was fantastic!! Not having to go to the salon and rush back to wedding venue made the day run smoothly and stress free. Shanna is such a talent! Everyone looked beautiful and we all loved our hair. That day was very windy for the outdoor ceremony but Shanna made sure that our hair was pinned and hair sprayed enough that after the ceremony all of our hair still looked wonderful. I would highly recommend Pins to Pearls to any bride!

Profile Picture Jami, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna was absolutely amazing! She made sure that my hairstyle was perfect on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Kelsie, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
4.1

Pins to Pearls was the perfect one stop shop for our wedding hair/makeup needs. They came right to my remote venue and got down to business and their work was amazing. Some things I think this business can work on is communication, it took two weeks and ten emails and phone calls to set up a hair trial which at that point was really pushing it close to the wedding date. Also, the final invoice just kept getting messed up/ miscommunication which made me and the artists have to crunch numbers on the day of to figure out what we owed them. If I had to do it again, I would schedule to have them finish an hour+ before they actually need to be done.. my hair wasn't done on time which cut into the limited time we had with the photographer. Other than that I can't speak highly enough about their staff especially Jen; she is a perfectionist, professional , and personable. My veil fell out while putting on my dress and she came back to help fix it.

Profile Picture Maryn, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Shanna and her team were so amazing! They were so fun to work with, and so responsive to hair and makeup requests. They made my bridesmaids, the moms, and me look so amazing. Looking back at photos, I find myself wishing they could do my hair and makeup EVERY DAY! Shanna is so personable and was super flexible when I decided to add on hair services after my previous hair consultation with another stylist didn't got well. She is so great and I would 100% recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Kaylan, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Shanna made our special event so much fun! She's wonderful to work with, our hair was exactly what we wanted and she's fun to be around. We will definitely book her again the next time we're in the DC area!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna was great! I picked Shanna because of her great reviews, and I liked that she would come on-site to do hair at our venue. I also liked that she did not require you to do hair and makeup, since I was only interested in getting hair services. She did my hair for my wedding, as well as 2 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom. I had a trial with her before the wedding, and she took photos so she could recreate my hair on the day of the wedding. Shanna texted me the day of the wedding to let me know she was on her way, she got there early and was very flexible. Shanna is very talented and we were all very happy with our hair!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/1/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Pins and Pearls was extremely accommodating for my wedding. I was one month out from my wedding when a hair stylist backed out on me and my 5 bridesmaides. Seeing that time was a sensitive thing, I was only able to speak with them via facebook and phone, I didn't even have a trial because I simply had no time left. I sent pictures of the styles I wanted and they completely nailed it! We looked stunning for my wedding and I want to thank Pins to Pearls for making us all look so beautiful! I would highly recommend Pins to Pearls to future Brides! Thanks Again!!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair

Shanna and Jen were fabulous to work with! They were professional, easy going, and truly listened to what each girl wanted. Everyone in my wedding party & our moms felt confident and beautiful.

Profile Picture User7032941, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

This is the team you want on your wedding day! These girls are young, trendy, professional, and sweet as can be. They really make your vision come to life. Being part of a bridal party-it was relaxing to sit back and let them go to work. The bride and us maids got so many compliments on her special day!

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna and her team are relaxed, lovely to be with and above all talented! I was a picky bride from NYC slightly worried about finding great hair and makeup services on the Eastern Shore. These ladies are top notch. Everyone in my bridal party was thrilled with the results. Pricing is very reasonable.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Shanna and her team was great! I was very happy with my hair and makeup on our wedding day. I appreciated the option of a full hair and makeup trial a few months before our wedding. I really wanted 'natural-looking' makeup, not an overdone transformation, and Shanna was understanding and supportive of this. She and another stylist arrived at 5 am, which was especially awesome considering our hotel was about an hour away from her studio. Shanna is talented, easy to work with, and competitively priced - I'd definitely recommend her to other brides!

Profile Picture User7503644, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Hair for a Special Affair did a fabulous job for my wedding. The girls were very professional and made getting ready for the big day a fun experience. I would highly recommend Hair for a Special Affair for any wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Kristi, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Everyone was very pleased with their hair and makeup! We appreciate that Johnene and Jen were at the venue on time, and they were patient with the eight women they had to "make beautiful" for the wedding. We would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture User7296518, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna and her team were wonderful! Very responsive to emails and last minute changes. Our hair and makeup was flawless. My husband told me he didn't even notice my dress till dinner since he couldn't take his eyes off my face. Highly recommend them for any event, it was so much easier for hair and makeup to come to us!

Profile Picture Krista, 9/25/16, 6 Reviews
3.5

My mom found Hair for a Special Affair and coordinated with Shanna for my wedding day. From what I was told it sounded like Shanna would be easily accessible for questions, etc, but I never could get her to respond to my emails. It took having my mom email her and, even then, she didn't answer the questions we had.
Another issue I had was that we were having lash application and, though HfaSA was scheduled to arrive mid-morning, I got a call over two hours early saying that they had mis-planned and that I needed to be up and ready for her to pop into the room for the lashes and then leave.

However, when Stephanie, our hairstylist, arrived she was absolutely phenomenal. She was incredibly personable and professional and my bridesmaids, mother and I all really enjoyed working with her. Everyone's hair was gorgeous and held up through the entire day. I definitely recommend working with her, if given the opportunity.

Profile Picture K, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Shanna was awesome! She arrived on time and ready to go. We had a few last minute changes, and Shanna easily accommodated everyone's requests. On top of how easy she was to work with, my hair and makeup was flawless and each of the girls looked beautiful! I would highly recommend Shanna and Hair for a Special Affair.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/23/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Shanna has nothing short of amazing on my wedding day. From my hair trial to the day of the wedding she made sure that there was not a detail that was left unfinished. The day of my wedding she showed up early and did not leave until everyone was happy with there hair, which they all were, She has a knack for her job and you can really tell by the product that she produces.. She made us all feel like royalty. Thank you Shanna for making my day amazing!

Profile Picture Catherine, 5/20/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Updos/Styling

Pins to Pearls/Hair for a Special Affair was very informative on helping me pick the best hair and make-up style I needed for may hair and skin. I was so pleased with the bridal trial that Shanna had done for me that I knew I had chosen my vendor and look for the big day. On the wedding day Shanna traveled to my house which was out of state and so much more relaxing than going to a salon to get pampered on my wedding day. Shanna was very patient with me on making sure my bobby pins were placed perfectly not to hurt my head, which is the worst on your big day. Overall you will not be disappointed in your hair and make-up done by Pins to Pearls/Hair for a Special Affair team.

Profile Picture Sabrina , 4/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Hair for a Special Affair were great! They got me in fairly last minute and then were so patient with my MANY changes to the itinerary of who and when wanted hair and makeup. At our trial, they were receptive to my mother's and my suggestions/comments, and day of, they arrived ready to go at the appropriate time, and even brought an extra set of hands (no extra travel fee) to ensure we were all done on time. Everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup, especially me! Thanks for making us beautiful!

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling
4.7

Shanna did a beautiful job on my hair and six bridesmaids' hair for my wedding. She showed up promptly at the hotel (despite an unexpected traffic detour) and was friendly and professional throughout the morning. Everyone says to schedule in extra time for getting ready because you will inevitably start running late due to hair/makeup, but Shanna finished up exactly on time according to the schedule she sent in advance. And she gave me a seriously gorgeous updo! The only tricky thing for me was communication--it took a couple emails and a voicemail message over the course of two weeks before I was able to get ahold of her to book a trial. There was also some confusion over who was actually going to be working with me--her sister did my trial and mentioned it would be her and maybe one other team member, but it was Shanna herself who showed up (which worked out great for me!). All in all though, her work is outstanding, and she was a wonderful presence the morning of my wedding. She was also a great value, and offered the most reasonable prices of the stylists I considered. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 9/19/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Updos/Styling

The team was great and my bridesmaids and bridal party looked beautiful! I had a large group to accommodate...about 13 people. The pricing was reasonable and in the range of what I had gotten from other vendors.

Profile Picture Suzie, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna and her team of professionals provided outstanding service to me and my bridal party on the day of my wedding. Shanna was a pleasure to work with during the entire wedding planning process. She was accommodating, professional, and incredibly talented. Most of all, she showed passion for what she does. Shanna and her team travelled to my bridal suite the day of, bringing all supplies with them. They completed a crowd of hair and makeup for 8 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and my sister-in-law. They did a fantastic job, listened to our preferences, and completed them to our satisfaction, in a timely manner. Shanna brings a calm about the situation and made me feel comfortable, special, and pampered. I highly recommend this service and am forever grateful to Shanna and her team for making me feel and look beautiful on my wedding day

Profile Picture Allison, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna does an incredible job preparing the whole wedding party for the special day. She ensured that there was enough time allocated and enough staff to complete the job and everyone looked absolutely wonderful on the big day!

Profile Picture Lucy, 8/1/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shanna did wonderful work for my wedding in 2015. She was quick and was so great at easing any nerves that I had. Hair and makeup stayed put all day, even in 90-degree heat!

Profile Picture User7959954, 2+ years ago, 1 Review