Hair Connoisseurs Salon & MediSpa Reviews

24 | Altamonte Springs, FL

24 Reviews for Hair Connoisseurs Salon & MediSpa

Tricia · Married on 10/22/2017

I had my hair and make-up trial this evening. At first, the updo wasn't exactly the way I wanted it, but the girl was very responsive and accommodating and verbally explained what she would differently on the day of my wedding to make it look the way I had envisioned. Then I moved over to the make-up artist. She was very sweet and asked me what I wanted, but I didn't have a photo or much of a description other than just what I usually do but a little more bold... the problem was that she had no way of knowing what I usually do. She did a decent job and took her time with me... but at the end I just was feeling anxious and confused because although she gave more "more bold", I felt like it didn't look like me. The owner/manager, Nikki, checked in on me several times during the hair and make-up trial and all of the ladies were super sweet and professional. Nikki had noticed that I wasn't thrilled and confident and she spoke with me alone. She offered me another trial with either the same artist or another one to see if I could feel better about my look. Another make-up artist and hair dresser, Liz, was willing to stay late and we clicked right away! She went to work on my make-up and immediately pulled off the look I was hoping for. In addition to that, as we discussed my hair and I searched on my phone for a photo of what I was hoping for, she pulled up a photo of a recent bride's hair on her phone and they were almost the same exact updo. She quickly pinned my hair up and I LOVED it! I booked Liz for my wedding day to do my hair and make-up as well as my bridal party. I am so excited (& relieved)! Nikki stayed for this second round and was encouraging and sweet the entire time. It was obvious that the staff at this salon truly cares about creating the vision the bride hopes for and making the bride feel beautiful and confident. I left the salon this evening feeling so light and energetic and excited thanks to these lovely ladies! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • Vilomar Wedding

Elisa · Married on 07/02/2017

Great service since management was changed. Previous management was harassing and pushy very similar to a car salesman even after you already made your deposit and agreed to services. New Management was amazing and Catering and showed that they really cared. A bride's look is the most important thing that day and they catered to everything I requested and were perfectly fine with making changes until it was perfect. They did an amazing job and I looked so great on my special day! Kutar and Monica were great! Best makeup and hair team ever!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Had my wedding last week, Sunday morning. When I went for my hair & makeup trial with Hair Connoisseurs 1 month before my wedding, I was freaking out because I couldn't find no one capable of recreating the style I wanted for my hair. I wanted a pinup theme wedding, and I am very, very picky. After my trial I booked with them. Was perfect! Exactly the way I wanted. . . 2 weeks before my bridesmaids decided they also wanted hair & makeup. Even with short notice they said yes, and on the wedding day they came with 3 hair stylists & 3 makeup artists and rocked 9 people. My hair was gorgeous! Thank you to all the team. You guys rock!

Sent on 11/15/2016

alisha · Married on 04/07/2016

I got married in august and I had hair connoisseurs do my hair and makeup! Before the day I got my bridesmaids together and had a SPA party with champagne with the beautiful view on the lake! We all loved every minute and we weren’t sorry we ran out of OJ! I'm SO happy my mother-in-law suggested them! On my wedding day, I had a great team for 10 of us all with different hair types and nationalities and I must say they didn’t blink an eye and were very well equipped to handle all the various looks my girls wanted! Take it from me as a former bridesmaid, there the only ones I’ve run into that can actually handle a big party like mine in a short amount of time . Thanks again yall for making me beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/15/2015

elizabeth · Married on 03/18/2016

I just had an amazing hair and makeup trial with hair connoisseurs! I had tried a few others and they were the first ones who really “got” what I was explaining I wanted! I should have gone to them first and not wasted my time with the others. Now I'm so excited for my wedding day! One less thing to worry about and I'm so excited to have found my glam team!!! I love my hair and makeup artists!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Amanda · Married on 03/11/2016

I just got married in August and I had the best team ever for hair and makeup! I did a free hair and makeup trial with them which was awesome I saved $100!!!! And they drove all the way to me on my wedding day. The makeup artist was wonderful she treated me like a princess!! And my hair stylist was so on target with the picture I gave her! I could even say that it was even better than the picture I gave

Sent on 10/09/2015

Joanne · Married on 10/31/2015

I just got married on halloween!!! My favorite holiday of the year and let me say my hair stylist and makeup artist were amazing!!! I cannot beleive how beautiful i looked! They made me feel so comfortable and everyone was so nice the owner was very sweet with me she was so attentive and kind but not only with me but with my whole party she was making sure everything was in order and i loved it! The girls were also very nice over all i had an amazing experience and i recommend you ladies if your looking for hair and makeup for your upcoming wedding deff call Hair Connoisseurs

Sent on 11/03/2015

amber · Married on 09/19/2015

I got married in September, im finally coming around to brag on how wonderful my experience was! First i had a hair and makeup trial which was amazing!!! The girls were awesome, i loved how kind the face lady was with me she let me know what i could do to improve some annoying acne marks off my face with certain treatments and let me tell you girls listen to her!!! My acne scars are barley there this women knows what she is talkin about! Well on the day of my wedding i was a bit nervous but these girls made me feel so relaxed and calm they kept me in conversation to keep my mind off of things and im so grateful for that! They left me looking beautiful even made my husband cry when he saw me!!! I love you girls!!! Thank you so much hair connoisseurs

Sent on 11/03/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2015

Won a complimentary trial for hair and make-up after having to reschedule it three times due to family drama finally got to use it! Everything was awesome! I booked my hair and make-up right away. I was so stressed but they were so nice to work with me especially understanding when I explained what was happening. I made sure i let them know ahead of time and they were so nice in accommodating me. After three times I was so afraid they would cancel me. Thank you so much guys for my great thru with my less than perfect hair!

Sent on 06/18/2015

My five bridesmaids and I had full spa treatments. We ALL loved the service!! The lunch and wine made it even better! It's a great location, right on the lake. I'll definitely be back!! Thx guys!!

Sent on 04/26/2014

Lindsay · Married on 11/13/2010

Michi and the ladies from Hair Connoisseurs Salon were fantastic. I am still getting compliments on my hair which was done by Helen. She took my idea and made it better!
    I also had my makeup done and have very sensitive skin, the products that were used were light and looked stunning, I also opted for fake lashes which bothered me a little at first but were completely worth it in the end because ourpictures came out beautiful.
    The ladies traveled almost 2 hours to come to our hotel room at the Sirata Beach resort in St. Pete, FL and Michi sent 2 makeup artists and 1 hair dresser. They started at 10:00 and were finished in plenty of time for our 4:30 wedding with doing 7 sets of hair and makeup for my girls.
    I can't thank Hair Connoisseurs enough for making us all beautiful!

Sent on 11/24/2010

Lori · Married on 05/08/2010

Definitely recommend Hair Connoisseurs Salon & MediSpa to ANY bride. From my trial until the wedding day they made me feel like a princess. They thought of everything! The Salon Coordinator also scheduled me for my facials, massages and organized a Spa Party where we all got our nails ready for my wedding.
    I was nervous on my trial day, because I know I am very picky!! So when I showed the stylist the picture of the hair that I loved (curls, pinned up with some twists in the back, just perfect looking) I was prepared for the worst…But my stylist just smiled and told me with some adjustments make it my own look this picture would be perfect! This was my best experience ever! When she was done it looked better than the picture because it was made for me!!!! She pointed a few things out where she made changes and explained why. I didn’t know all the things that go into a wedding hair style!!!!. And on the wedding day, no surprises! They re-created my hair and make-up perfectly and the rest of my bridal party was beautiful!!! (I was still the center of attention though!)
    Now after the wedding I‘ve become a regular customer at Hair Connoisseurs Salon & MediSpa to get my hair done monthly and a facial where they surprise me with a special ($) for a different treatment from their menu!
    Thanks to everyone again for an unforgettable wedding!

Lori

Sent on 06/02/2010

aurora · Married on 01/30/2016

I just came back from having a facial and it was incredible. Not only did I get an in depth understanding of whats going on with my skin but I got this sweet lady named Valiere, I'm not that into facials but she gave me the best advice for my upcoming wedding, and I made a appointment with her again in two weeks im so excited!!!! I am so thrilled to trust her make it better so I can “glow” like she said! Her and the makeup artist are working together for me to look my best for my wedding! One less thing to worry about thank you hair connoisseurs!

Sent on 10/01/2015

My wedding coordinator sent me to Hair Connoisseurs for my spa party for their beautiful lakefront location . We were treated to wine in crystal glasses & champagne with my caterer's food! All my bridesmaids even my picky mother in law was happy with all the services they provided -- hair / make up, mani /pedi, reflexology, facials, and esp. the awesome massages ! We was all able to take pictures with the beautiful background of the lake . One of the best parts was I didn't even have to worry about cleaning up. I will definitely be using Hair Connoisseurs for my hair and make up at my wedding and the best part --- they are traveling to me even though it is all the way in the other side of town. ! Thanks Hair Connoisseurs! I can't wait for my wedding I know I'm gonna be beautiful!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/09/2014

I walked in to Hair Connoisseurs , next door, after visiting my possible wedding venue Crystal Ball Room on the Lake. I had a picture of the hair design I wanted saved in my phone so I showed the hair stylist working and she told me she could do it. I was so excited because I went to several other salons and was told it couldn't be done. So of course I was skeptical after being told so many times it couldn't be done but the nice young lady reassured me & set me up for a trial. Well I just finished my trial and my hair came out just like the picture ,mind you, still a rough draft but that was so awesome since after 2 other trials that couldn't even get close . Now I finally have the confidence that on my day it will BE even better than the rough draft no one else could do! I booked them for my hair and all my bridesmaid hair too! What a weight off my mind!

Sent on 09/24/2014

I used Hair Connoisseurs Salon & MediSpa for our September wedding. I’ve had my hair done at the salon for about 2 years when I go engaged, so I naturally selected Helene and her team for my wedding hair and makeup needs. I wasn’t sure at first what I wanted to do with my hair as I am known to be a bit picky. However, during my trial (and really in the several hair appointments I had prior to my official trial) Helene was great in talking through options with me and sharing pictures from prior brides that had used the salon’s services. On the day of my official hair trial, after testing a couple of options, I finally decided on the chosen style. As the wedding grew closer and the dress and jewelry were finalized; I began to worry that my chosen hairstyle would not work well with the dress and accessories. On the day of the wedding, I advised Helene that I was worried about my choice. Without any concerns or issues, she worked with me to make changes to the originally selected hair style and come up with something that worked better for my overall look. My only disappointment was that the curls/waves in my hair did not hold up as well as I would have liked, but then again, I have always had that issue with my hair. I had a momentary moment of panic on the day of the wedding, when the makeup artist that appeared with Helene at my door, was not the one who did my trial and knew my style. Due to a family emergency, the original makeup artist I worked with was unable to be there. However, I was quickly relieved to learn that my selections were all recorded on a template and was excited to see how the alternate makeup artist was able to recreate my chosen look, down to the last detail.
    Overall, I was very pleased with the services provided by Helene and the team and will continue to be a regular at Hair Connoisseurs Salon & MediSpa.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Tanya · Married on 04/07/2010

Our wedding on the 7th of April was a great success. The weather was great, the location was spectacular and everyone really enjoyed it.
    And we were happy and in love, and this is still the case.
    When we finally got back in Belgium, because due to the ash cloud we couldn’t come back and we had to stay 5 days longer, everyone really liked my hair, make-up and the dress. Yes, some people were really fascinated by the make-up, because it was natural and not too much.
    We would like to thank you all for making this happen for me. You were all very kind, patient and helpful, and I will never forget the experience to go to the hairdresser in the USA!

With love
    Tanja and Mario
    Belgium

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • Lissette and Alexis

Lissette · Married on 09/05/2009

I highly recommend this salon...Helene, the hair stylist, her job was very elegant and modern and my invitees love my hair, so she did an excellent job. In addition, Ashley, the makeup stylist was very professional, explained, and answered all my questions in reference with my makeup, very knowledgeable of her job. Thank you guys for a great job well done!!!

Sent on 09/23/2009

Ramya · Married on 07/03/2016

3.5

I had my wedding hairstyle and make up done here along with all my bridesmaids as well as both moms. The were well equipped and very accommodating. They had enough staff on hand and opened the salon just for our party on a Sunday free of charge. At the last minute, we had to add 2 extra people to get their hair and make up done and they were able to fit them in and stay on schedule. They served us drinks and put up with babies running around! One of my bridesmaids did not like how her hair turned out and they were very nice about it and did it again to her liking. I loved how friendly they were. Their salon has a great view of the lake! I'm so glad I chose them for my wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2016
  • shawncdc

Shawn · Married on 06/26/2010

4.2
      3.5

Helene, Michi and the whole team were friendly and offered wonderful service. I had them all come out to our venue (Paradise Cove) for several hours of pampering for myself and my bridal party. Their team was affordable and helpful. I had chosen a hair style from a picture that didn't exactly match my current cut but Helene worked with me to create a hairstyle that fit me and offered all of the elements that I loved from the picture. Michi was wonderful to work with on the scheduling, trying to get a schedule for 8 women to have different services completed on a tight schedule was challenging but Michi was very patient & we were able to get everyone taken care of. The only down side was I had requested to have my nails done with a gel overlay so they would last longer. I think the nail tech brought the wrong gel as it was sticky all the way through the wedding and by the end of the night my make-up stuck to my nails - had to come off the next day. My bridesmaids who did not have the gel overlay had fantastic results though!

Sent on 07/22/2010

Heather · Married on 06/28/2015

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

I recently used Hair Connoisseurs services for my wedding at the end of June. They were recommended by wedding venue which happened to be 20 steps away from. I felt there were pros and cons to the service I received. During my trial the owner was very enthusiastic, at times overwhelmingly enthusiastic ,maybe I might say a little pushy. I was given prices for the services during that time and then 2 weeks until my wedding found out that a surcharge was added because my wedding was on a Sunday. A day they are normally closed. She told my mother I was informed of this at the trial appointment, but I am 1000000% sure I was not. The day of the wedding I felt they did a great job. They were there early with beverages prepared for everyone. My original makeup artist had a medical emergency, but the woman who did my makeup did a wonderful job. My hair and makeup turned out exactly how I envisioned myself for my wedding. My other family members who came with me looked gorgeous. My younger sister looked amazing!!! but was really frustrated with the makeup artist who did her makeup. She told her she didn't like a lot of makeup and the woman took forever with her and put on a lot more makeup then my sister was really comfortable wearing. I was done with my hair and makeup before she was even done with my sister and I was the bride! My sister also said she felt like she was being judge because she didn't like to wear makeup. She said when the artist would ask her questions she would make a little.. "hmm" sounds almost disapproval even. Besides that everything went amazing and they even gave us little touch up kits that I was extremely thankful for. The woman who did my mother and mother-in-law's hair was really talented and helped them pick out beautiful hairstyles that really complemented them. Overall I was happy with the service I received. I just want to say that I wish the surcharge was discussed at the initial trial meeting and to put a little less pressure.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Mellany · Married on 10/31/2015

3.2
      2.5

I loved my stylist Tanya and my makeup artist Janine they both did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. The only problem I had was the owner was very pushy. She tried to force me to book a time for hair, makeup and nails for my entire bridal party and family knowing I lived an hour in half away from her location. During my hair and makeup trials, she had me meet with the esthetician to talk about a facial. She did this every time I came in for something and it became extremely frustrating. The owner also needs to update her out of date paper system because she always tried to charge me for services I already paid for.. The services from this company are also very expensive. I felt there was a serious lack of professionalism on the owners behalf and she comes off cocky and rude.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/23/2015

1.6
      1.5
      2.0
      1.0

Before I got into any details, I want to start off by saying that this salon did make me look like a GORGEOUS bride and all of my bridesmaids looked incredible as well. As they say however beauty is pain and I really learned this working with them.

Let me first say, I was a very indecisive and nonconfrontational bride.I received a free hair and make up trial where the girl who did my hair did a nice job and the makeup girl Monica was incredible. However their facial lady.made me feel very uncomfortable about my skin (I have slight stress acne) and the owner kept shoving her products at me. I was nervous, but seeing the good job they did do I booked.

Fast forward to the wedding day. I had an extra girl need hair and makeup last second and they very nicely accommodated. That is where the nice part of the day ended.
    I work in the Hospitality industry full time and the biggest reason that despite the work they do I cannot in good faith recommend this company to you is because of their owner Helene. From the start she was pushy and somewhat rude, even during phone calls where I heard her talk down to one of the employees. I prayed she wouldn't come on my wedding day but she did and from the moment she walked into the room, the entire mood soured. Even on my wedding day she kept pushing products on my entire wedding party,even though we made it clear we were not interested. The way she treated everyone made me SO uncomfortable I had to leave the room and sit in the hallway To try to calm down. She was so condescending to me through the whole process and realistically was only nice to my mother ( who was holding the credit card). What really threw me over the edge was one of my bridesmAids wasn't too fond of the way her hair was done and the second she left the room,they started talking smack about her. Rude and unprofessional. Due to my personality I stayed quiet but the whole experience left me in tears.
    A serious lesson in customer service is needed.

Sent on 11/01/2015

0.4
      0.0
      0.5

Canceled appointments on us twice. People who attended my wedding said they were hard to deal with too!

She talked about how they have some stylists who aren't as good as others and "we just want to give you the best." So, I guess thanks for that but it was just a lousy excuse. They made so many excuses and never tried to make it right. They simply don't care that brides have a lot on their table and they have no problems jerking you around.

Pathetic customer service. I can't say avoid these people enough. If you talk to the office manager on the phone you'll know why! Hair Connoisseurs in Altamonte Springs was the only bad experience planning our entire wedding.

Sent on 06/12/2015