23 Reviews for Hair by Sadiku

Hair Relaxer (1)
Haircuts (1)
Textured Styling (1)
23 Hair by Sadiku Reviews

Tinika really worked with me and my five bridesmaids to give us exactly what we wanted. One bridesmaid in particular was kinda unsure about her look and Tinika kept trying different styles until she was happy. She was also super accommodating when I emailed her literally the day before and asked if she would be able to add my flower girl to the schedule.

On the morning of the wedding she arrived promptly, and was so much fun to hang out with. We all chatted and had a good time, and in the end, everybody's hair looked gorgeous! Can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Arielle, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Tinika for my hair and my maid of honor hair on my wedding day and I could not have been happier with the result. From contacting her, to the trial, to the wedding day, she was SO easy to work with, listened to my suggestions and gave me her input as a professional and made all my dreams come true! I got SO many comments about my hair and I still have friends enquiring about her! Thanks so much Tinika. Love, your happiest bride :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/19/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, On-Site Hair

Tinika was amazing! She was very responsive leading up to the wedding and flexible the day of the wedding day time chanhes. For the wedding day, I got my hair installed by someone else, which I didn’t really like. Tinika worked hard to fix it to make it the way I inisioned my hair plus she did an amazing job on the style that we aligned on. I got so many compliments and I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Tanisha, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling

Tinika and her assistant did an amazing job on my wedding party's hair. We had a truly multicultural wedding party - Ethiopian, Vietnamese, African-American, Caucasian, and more! Tinika and her assistant seamlessly went from bridesmaid to bridesmaid and executed their desired looks perfectly. Everyone felt so confident with how they looked as we headed into the church ceremony. I was also really impressed by how easily Tinika was able to go with the flow - a few bridesmaids were late, which backed up the makeup process, and I also suddenly decided that I wanted the flower girls to have their hair done as well. Tinika adjusted her schedule accordingly to meet my expectations, without any sign of complaint. She was also really fun to be around - one of the best parts of my wedding day was hanging out with her, my makeup artist, and the bridesmaids as we listened to music and chatted about everything under the sun. She is very sweet and talented, and best of all, my very picky mother loved her hair and mine. I am so thankful that I found Tinika and would HIGHLY encourage other NYC brides to book her!

Profile Picture Tee, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I have a love hate relationship with my natural hair. I knew I wanted to wear my hair natural on my wedding day but I wasn’t completely sure how I wanted it. My planner recommended me to Tinika . I went to the bridal trial with a couple of pictures and she made me feel like I was at home. The first style she tried in my hair …I wanted it. I knew from the trial that I could trust her. Fast forward to the wedding day. Tinika did two of my bridesmaids’ hair as well. I was nervous because one bridesmaid had clip in hair and the other had a wig with a closure. I personally don’t like wigs with the closure but Tinika transformed my cousins (bridesmaids). Their hair came out beautiful!!! Seriously…. It was amazing. My mother did her own hair but then Tinika stepped in and touched her up. My hair was everything I could ever wanted. I had an updo with my natural hair and Tinika incorporated some flowers. The most talked about part of my wedding was my hair. All my guest wanted to know who did it, they were taking pictures of just my hair and told me they never seen anything like it. I was ecstatic! My favorite part about working with Tinika is she is so personable. She got along with my crazy family. It was truly the best day of my life. I would totally recommend Tinika. She is so versatile!!! We all had different hair textures and it came together like magic! Thank you Tinika!!!

Profile Picture Aja, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

She is fantastic. Consummate professional. Amazing stylist!!!! Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I came across Tinika via IG and was very impressed with her work. During my hair trial she was the epitome of professionalism and wisdom. We tried a variety of looks and settled on "the one". She gave me such good advice about my hair and suggestions on bridesmaids looks when I was like OMG I dunno what to do!!! The day of my wedding she truly made me feel like a princess. She works amazingly fast and is able to multitask and handle pressure with ease. She made sure my hair was absolutely perfect and even gave me some great suggestions on ways to keep my hair in place if needed during our reception. She also did my two bridesmaids, MOH and best friend for the day of. She is super talented and gifted at what she does. She is so patient worked well with my photographer and make up artist and I truly appreciated that she stuck around even after I got dressed to make sure I looked absolutely perfect. I still get comments about my bridal hair including those of my bridesmaids. We looks stunning and it's all because of Tinika. She worked completely by herself since we were a small group and while there was some drama going on as expected with any wedding she handled everything with ease! My hair stayed the exact same way as when she left the ENTIRE night. Don't look any further and just book her!! You will be sooo happy you did! Thank you again Tinika for everything!!!

Profile Picture Sandrine, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Trial, Updos/Styling, Hair

Amazing!!!!!!! Tinika did an an amazing job for my wedding an color! She also did my mothers hair and bridesmaid. She is very flexible with time... I needed her to come early then i had mentioned on my contract. She made me feel do comfortable on my wedding day and at her salon. Great personality! Highly recommended

Profile Picture Christina , 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

For a bride your hair and make-up are by far two of the most important things (next to your dress) in preparing for the next phase of a lifetime journey. My experience with Hair by Sadiku can only be described as phenomenal, outstanding, and mind-blowing! If I could give her more stars for professionalism and flexibility, I absolutely would. Another bride booked her for a wedding on the same day as my wedding and she called to refer me to others, I immediately panicked and started to unravel because I experienced so many other things were happening with my planning process. I asked is there any way that she would be able to have two brides in the same day...after working a few things out, she obliged and I am FOREVER grateful!! My hair was unbelievably gorgeous; I wore a mohawk! It was truly a work of art. Her energy and creativity is unmatched. She is a consummate professional! We did the prep work for my hair before the day of the wedding and she was beyond accommodating with my hectic schedule. There is truth to - You get what you pay for! With Hair by Sadiku you get so much more. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Jameelah, 11/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tinika is absolutely amazing. She did my hair for my wedding last Sunday as well as my MoH, MoB, MoG and a bridesmaid...and we all looked flawless all night. She's relaxed and professional, and works wonders with a variety of hair styles, lengths and textures. Perhaps most importantly, she truly bulletproofed all of our hair...we were looking as flawless at the afterparty as we had when we left the house! And best of all, she's a pleasure to be around!

Profile Picture Ariela, 10/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Updos/Styling

This review is long overdue! I was fortunate enough to have Tinika as my stylist for my August 2016 wedding. From our initial conversation to the time that she hugged me goodbye on my big day, Tinika was nothing but professional, creative and PATIENT! My Bridal-Brain was on 100 but still every call/text/e-mail was answered promptly and with kindess. She made me, my Mom, my Aunt and my bridesmaids and flower girls look and feel beautiful but most of all comfortable. Everyone had a look that was elegant and stylish but also reflected their individual personalities. I initially opted out of the wedding consultation but I am so glad that I changed my mind! During our session, Tinika listened to my desires and took time to understand my vision and then gave honest and constructive feedback. She took so many so many things into consideration when designing my wedding look -- my gown, weather, florals, accessories-- things that I never even thought about! And the end result was pure perfection! Despite the 90+ degree heat, my tribe and I looked fabulous the entire time. I cannot rave enough about Hair by Sadiku -- you just have to book her and experience the magic for yourself!

Profile Picture Carol, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Tinika was nothing short of amazing. At the trial she was made me feel comfortable and walked me through each hairstyle option after looking at my dress and asking about my vision. On the day of the wedding she arrived early and immediately got to work. Tinika worked her magic on all my girls (each had different hair textures) and made me look and feel like a million dollars. You will not go wrong if you hire her to do your big day. It was a relief to find someone who is professional but also able to execute hair artistry with such precision.

Profile Picture User6658846, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tinika is an amazing stylist! So very easy to work with from our first meeting. The girls all loved her and raved about their hair. They all looked amazing and I would highly recommend her for any event.

Profile Picture Denise, 10/16/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Tinika was amazing. From the moment we spoke on the phone it was like we knew each other for year. When I booked my trial, I was not sure what I wanted but tinika talked me through it and came up with a classic chic look that was stunning. On the day of the wedding she was supper professional and made me feel so special. Would I recommend her absolutely. Not only did she do my hair but she styled my braidsmaides as well. Tinika is a blessing and has 3 new regular clients . Happy customer here!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Salon, Hair Extensions, Hair Relaxer, Haircuts, Updos/Styling

This review is long overdue! Tinika is amazing at what she does. She initially met with me and gave me three trials for my consultation. I came to her after a really bad bridal trial. I was blown away by Tinika's professionalism and her knowledge of what looks good and what doesn't. She gave me a glamorous hairstyle that fit the theme to my wedding . My only regret was not booking her for the entire day. I would highly recommend Tinika to anyone who is looking for a stylist for any event! Her salon is intimate and very accessible in Midtown Manhattan.

Profile Picture christina, 9/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I'm a bride whose hairdresser was not available for my wedding day OMG right. However, God graciously gave me Tinika. She was recommended by my hair dresser and just fit right into my wedding so well. She was on time pleasant with all my guest and above all a true professional. My hair turned out above what I expected. If something was not quite right she was ready to adjust and did it fast. She is a A-list hair dresser and will fit into any bridal party. Looking at my wedding photos the other day I cried because she glammed me to the Gods!!!!

Profile Picture Janice, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tinika is one of the most amazing hairdressers I've ever worked with. She is incredibly talented and helped me create the hair of my dreams for my wedding day. She also did the hair for all of my bridesmaids and my flower girl. We let her be creative with the bridal party and the result was amazing! Each girl had a unique and fabulous style and loved their hair. She is professional, punctual, and caring. You cannot go wrong hiring her to help create your perfect day. Highly, highly recommend.

Profile Picture Ellie, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Tinika through my makeup artist, Stacie Ford. Tinika was the first and only hair stylist I contacted! She responded to my first email within a couple hours- a trend that continued throughout the planning process. I had a question, Tinika had an answer by the end of the day. She was also very honest about what styles were possible with my fine hair texture (she recommended clip in extensions, which I did end up getting), but also was super creative in making it look like I had a ton more hair than I did! While I know Tinika is more than capable of doing traditional bridal updos, I really believe her strength is in her creativity--she loves anything different and artsy. And she got my look perfectly: it was pulled together but still a little undone. My hair looked loosely pulled up and off to the side, but was actually super secure. My hair lasted all night: from the photos to the ceremony; from a totally bumping dance floor to the karaoke after party back at the hotel. I couldn't recommend her more--she also styled my mom and mom-in-law (who were not easy, as my mom is forever unhappy with her hair and my mom-in-law's is thinning from chemo treatments), and they both looked completely gorgeous. They received just as many compliments on their hair as I did!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 1/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend Tinika! Tinika did my hair for me and my bridesmaids for my wedding in NYC. She came recommended to me by my makeup artist Stacie Ford, and I’m happy to have found her! She also was an amazing value for how great she is! I have had a lot of bad experiences having my hair done in the past and I could not have been happier with how it turned out!

For my trial Tinika did a couple options based on pictures I brought and we came up with a couple styles that looked great. On the day of the wedding she was punctual to the hotel and worked with each of my bridesmaids to come up with a style they loved.

Tinika did a fantastic job on my hair! She managed to find the style that was how I always imagined it would be for my wedding without being able to describe it. Every time I look at my pictures I am still so happy with how my hair looked! It still looked perfect at the end of the night. Tinika is also such a wonderful person and was so great to work with! I would recommend her highly to everyone!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tinika is super talented and was a pleasure to work with. I got a million compliments on my hair. She was incredibly patient and professional and a wonderful calming presence. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User2483298, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend Tanika. She did hair for myself, 4 bridesmaids, flower girl. Everyone was happy!
Trial - did not rush, took her time and provided candid feedback
Communication - very fast response, easy to get in touch and always available for a a quick question. Provides clear, concise contract so there is no miscommunication about the wedding day plan or price. I much prefer this rather than an informal agreement over text/email. One less thing to worry about.
Efficient - I was a little worried about staying on schedule given the number of do's needed. Tanika stays focused, on time, and most importantly keeps it professional and maintains a calm environment.
Outcome - beautiful hair, not "over-done", natural looking. I would def recommend having Tanika stay for a 'touch-up' right before the reception.

My hair was the one thing I did not worry about. I was in good hands!

Profile Picture User5624353, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tinika did an amazing job with my hair. I loved, loved, loved how I felt and looked my wedding day.

Profile Picture Roberta, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews