Hair By Emily Dami Reviews

41 | Norfolk, VA

41 Reviews for Hair By Emily Dami

• Katee

Katee · Married on 10/18/2020

Hair was everything I could have asked for

Emily and Danielle did an amazing job on my hair and all of my ladies hair. They were on time, quick, and worked with the space we had.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Robin Fleming · Married on 09/26/2020

Fantastic experience!

Emily was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. She and her team did a fantastic job creating a personalized look for the entire wedding party. Our hair looked and felt great all day long. This was the first time any of us had been in a wedding where no one's hair came loose or undone by the end of the day! Book Emily Dami now! You will not be sorry.

Sent on 10/08/2020

Alison · Married on 08/30/2020

Highly recommend!

Emily did an amazing job on my hair for my wedding day! I highly recommend her as the entire experience was wonderful!

Sent on 10/03/2020

Amber Lake · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Hair Stylist

If you’re scrolling through reviews to decide who you want to book as your hair stylist, stop right now and book Emily & her team! She’s amazing, professional, and very accommodating. Being a bride during COVID, dates and locations changed more than once, and she was so flexible through it all, even driving much further than initially anticipated. I chose 2 different styles to trial, but ended up going with a completely different style on my wedding day, and Emily absolutely killed it! I was so in love with my hair, and probably received more compliments on my hair than my dress lol! I can’t say enough good things about her entire team, who styled the hair of my 5 bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and myself in record time!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 08/01/2020

Smooth Experience

Emily was a pleasure to work with! Emily and her team were so gracious to come to Midlothian, VA when our wedding venue in Newport News had to cancel due to COVID. I had a large bridal party (1 bride, 1 MOB, 8 bridesmaids) and Emily and her team (2 assistants) were efficient and fun to work with! We finished up an hour before schedule. Throughout my experience with Emily (bridal trial - wedding day) I knew I was in good hands!

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie Araneo · Married on 04/01/2020

The BEST hair designer!

Emily is amazing!!! I got to her regularly for haircuts so it was a no brainer when my wedding came around! She did a fantastic job with up-do's and styling for myself and my bridesmaids. Look no further than Emily!!!

Sent on 02/01/2020

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Awe! You’re so sweet!! Thanks for choosing me for your wedding day and for writing a review Maggie!!!! ❤️ See you soon!

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful hair

Prior to meeting Emily, I was most nervous about the look of my hair for my wedding day, especially having ethnic hair. After my bridal trial with her, all my nerves went away! She listened so attentively and crafted the exact look I was hoping for. She has such a fun, easy going personality to make you feel like you’re hanging out with your best friend. The day of the wedding Emily, Danielle, and the rest of the crew worked efficiently do everyone’s hair, even an add-on the day of, and still be ahead of schedule. Everyone’s hair was absolutely beautiful! My bridal style was replicated and perfected to everything I could have dreamed. I am blown away with Emily’s work and I’m so lucky to have booked her for my hair services! Look no further than Emily for your wedding hair!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Jessica! I just love following your love story on social media and every time your wedding photos pop up I smile from ear To ear! I love your love and I’m so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of your day!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/26/2019

Wedding Hair

Emily and her team were AMAZING! Very professional and super fun to work with. She had one person doing curls/pre hair prep then Emily styled. It worked perfectly. She got 11 bridesmaids/moms ready within 3 hours, all with BEAUTIFUL hair. The hair lasted the whole ceremony and reception, even with the ceremony on a rather windy beach. Would definitely recommend to friends and family!!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! I’m so glad your hair stayed all night!!! We loved working with all of you!!!
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Miller · Married on 10/05/2019

The best!!

EMILY is simply the easiest person to work with! From me reaching out after finding her on wedding wire almost 2 years ago to her doing my engagement pictures to now wedding pictures I couldn’t be happier with her talent!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

I’ve loved getting to know you and being here for your wedding journey!!! Thank you so much for trusting me with such a special time in your life!
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 10/04/2019

Beautiful Work!

I loved working with Emily for so many reasons! From day one, she was super responsive. When I decided to do bridal portraits, she helped me juggle schedules so we could coordinate the trial run for the same day. She did an incredible job on my hair for both the bridal portraits and the wedding day. We decided to make some changes after the trial run, and I still can’t decide which style I preferred - they were both so beautifully done! Emily and her assistant, Miranda, did an amazing job on my bridesmaids’ and mother’s hair as well. They styled everyone’s hair to suit them perfectly. Emily gave us a little goodie bag for hair touch-ups before the ceremony, but we didn’t need it! My hair stayed up all day and never once felt uncomfortable. Amazing!!!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Kara!
    Thank you so much for choosing us! It was so great working with you and your pictures are stunning!!! ❤️ Enjoy the holidays!

Heather Roche · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing-definitely recommend! Flexible and professional

Both Emily and her assistant were phenomenal! They were able to provide valuable feedback in decisions on what to do with each hairstyle for the wedding. They worked with us, no matter what length of hair we have and everyone looked gorgeous. My hair stayed perfect all night and our bride looked so BEAUTIFUL! Thank you!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you, Heather! We feel so blessed to be a part of such a special day! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! It means so much! ❤️
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/01/2019

5 Stars!!!! Highly Recommend!!!

Emily is absolutely amazing!!! Since the day I messaged her, her communication is on point! Her professionalism, beautiful personality, and so much talent, made my wedding planning and wedding day a breeze! I had 5 bridesmaids along with me and she rocked all of us!! My hair looked like I walked out of a bridal magazine! She is so professional and fun! She listens to every word and request and gives you her professional opinion if something may look better. I HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding or any event. She is the best!!! Her prices are so reasonable for the quality you get. Thank you so so so much Emily and team!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you, Erin! It was our absolute pleasure to have worked with you and your party! We appreciate your kind words!

Rosemarie · Married on 06/15/2019

20 Stars!!!!!

Emily is amazing!!!! She is such a talented hairstylist and a very sweet lady. From the point of contact Emily was extremely professional and so accommodating.
    I have a very hectic work schedule, and it was hard to find a date for the trial. Emily was so patient and willing to work with me on time, she offered several days and even evening options so we would have enough time for the trial day before the wedding . She also hooked me up with an equally amazing makeup artist for the day. Now that is excellent customer service, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for her clients !!
    Emily was so very patient through two trial days, trying many styles, because I was so unsure of what I wanted, and ultimately she told me what she thought I was most comfortable with, and she was absolutely right!!
    The day of the wedding my style was gorgeous and I felt gorgeous, thanks to Emily !!! If you want the best hairstylist in Hampton Roads for your wedding day call Emily!!!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you had an amazing day with your daughter and that you felt beautiful!

Aleta · Married on 06/08/2019

Emily is the best!

Emily and her team are phenomenal. I booked Emily pretty far in advance, so the details weren’t ironed out, but she was very flexible in giving me time to figure out how many girls would need their hair done. Before I went in for my trial, I also asked if she could also cut and balayage my hair during the appointment, which she said was no problem. She hand-painted the balayage and it looks so perfect, exactly what I wanted. I showed her the style I wanted and she was able to adjust it to work with my thin hair. My hair doesn’t really hold a curl, so she tried a few different irons to make sure she knew which one would work best on the day of the wedding. At the end of the trial, it looked beautiful and held up all night! The day of the wedding, Emily and her team showed up right on time and got set up quickly so we could get started. All the girls’ hair looked amazing! Each of my bridesmaids were so happy with how their hair turned out, and that the styles held up so well. My mom, who has very frizzy, unruly, textured hair was hesitant to have someone style it, but I wanted her to be pampered that day. At my request, Emily’s team did such a great job gently convincing her to let them style it, and at the end she was so happy with how it looked. The girls were so friendly and sweet, while also being professional. We had 11 people get their hair done and they handled that no problem. I will definitely be going to Emily for my haircuts and coloring from now on. If you are looking for a hairstylist, I would absolutely recommend Emily!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Gilbert · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly Recommend!

Emily was so professional and easy to work with! She is so talented and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids and my mom complimented Emily’s talent and sweet personality. I highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thanks Jessica! We loved being there with you while everyone got ready! You looked stunning! Glad to see you again for your “chop” in the salon today! ❤️

Laura Brooks · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful hair that lasted all night!

Emily was perfect! She came early and prepped with two assistants for 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and me! She was attentive and really cared about each individual girl. Thank you emily!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you for having us as a part of your day! The venue was gorgeous and you were stunning!!! We enjoyed our time with you and your family!

Chelsea · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful wedding hair!

Emily was just lovely, a great stylist, very efficient and a good person! During the trial, we attempted half up and half down styles and I realized I wasn't a huge fan, so then we tested a low side up do and I loved it! Since I live in GA and the wedding was in VA, our trial was 6 months in advance and she took pictures and remembered exactly how I wanted it by the time the wedding day came! She also recommended my great makeup artist, Sol Whitlock. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! You’re a stunning bride! I’m so happy for you two! Thank you for having us be a part of your big day! ❤️
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 03/17/2019

Amazing Wedding Hair Stylist!

Emily is a hair savant! I'm not exaggerating, she is incredible at what she does and I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking for a hair stylist in Norfolk especially for a wedding stylist. Emily has done my hair for two weddings - my own and my sister's. Both times my hair looked incredible and most importantly, it held up. Emily and her assistant, Danielle, are sweet, calm, and patient, qualities that make them great to have as a wedding glam team. They're able to do all type's of hair and do it well!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you Allison! It’s been great seeing you and your family in the salon since the wedding!! I love keeping in touch!

Briana Adhikusuma · Married on 03/11/2019

Skilled and professional hair stylist for weddings!

Emily whipped my hair up in a beautiful updo for bridal photos. The final result was exactly what I was looking for. She was also incredibly fast and made sure everything was secure so my hair didn't come down at all, even after dancing. Emily made sure I had an enjoyable experience and I hope to work with her again in the future! Highly recommend her for any of your needs!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

It was great working with you Briana! Your photos couldn’t be more perfect! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of something so special! ❤️
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 11/10/2018

Updo Queen

Love love loved working with Emily. Right from the start at the trial, I felt comfortable with her so I knew all the girls would too come wedding day and I was right. I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she nailed it. My hair stayed secure all night and looked amazing. And surprisingly, when I took all the pins out that night-- my hair still looked good and felt soft. I expected to be a frizzy, sticky medusa haha. But no, she's some sort of hair genie who can do intricate updos that somehow turn into silk smooth curls when the pins come out at night. I'm honestly thinking about switching the Emily for all my hair needs moving forward. Great experience, would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Ariel! Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with all of you! Can’t wait to see you again!! :)
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 09/30/2018

Emily and her assistant Danielle were incredible! They were quick and accommodating to some of my pickier and indecisive bridesmaids, were able to squeeze in an extra hairstyle last minute and the end results were stunning! They were on time, professional, fun and extremely talented. I don’t have photos from the photographer yet, but once I do, I’ll add them here. Thank you so much ladies!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you Savannah! We enjoyed our time with you! ❤️ Yes, definitely let us know when you have your beautiful photos! You’re the best!

H · Married on 09/02/2018

Emily was such a dream to work with! I loved my hair for my church ceremony and I'm so glad I found her. Emily was super helpful, accommodating, and responsive. She even let me come in a bit early so I can make it on time for my make up appointment. I gave her some hair design ideas, and she totally delivered on my vision. She was super meticulous and even redid braids multiple times to give them the correct texture and size. I also really appreciated that she continuously asked me my opinion through the process. I wasn't surprised at the end, and my hair was exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you so much! I was honored to do your hair for such a special tradition!
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/21/2018

Super talented and fun hair stylist!

Emily and her team did such a great job on my bridesmaid and my hair for my wedding day. I loved Emily so much that I now get my hair cut by her! The value of her services was phenomenal and we love our looks. She created a custom updo for my hair and it looked perfect all day and night, despite the rain, sweaty dancing, and elapsed time. I've recommended her to friends getting married and to you as well!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you for your review! I was so happy to do such a beautiful and fitting style on you for your wedding day! I love having you in the salon! Your haircut is so cute on you!

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2018

Emily did such an amazing job on my hair for my bridal shoot and my wedding. She was flexible to my needs and totally made my vision a reality. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married or has a special event they would like to look gorgeous for. I am currently on my honeymoon and don't have a ton of pictures of my hair to add to my review. But I can assure you it was beautiful all the way around!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Thank you Ashley! It was great working with you! You were a beautiful bride!

Mary-Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

Emily and crew were so amazing. They travelled across state to get to my location at 630am. We had 9 adults and 3 little ones to get all dolled up for the day. Emily got straight to work, set up materials, and consulted with each of my ladies to get an idea of what they were looking for. The results were stunning. Everyone looked amazing and so completely themselves. Even my little flower girls (who have never had their hair done professionally) were treated kindly and felt like princesses in Emily's hands. As for me... I was clueless about what I wanted my hair to look like. Due to my crazy schedule I wasnt able to make a trial happen. Emily helped me look through photos and even listened to my loving but opinionated best friend while she did my hair. In the end I was so in love with my style and it held in place for a 1pm ceremony through the reception which ended at 10pm. Highly recommended! Super professional, very talented, and lovely to work with.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Hair By Emily Dami's reply:

Mary-Kate! We loved traveling to you. You we're so beautiful on your day! It was great meeting you and your crew! Everyone was so sweet to us! Thank you for letting us be a part of your day!