Hair and Make Up Diva Reviews

Hair and Make Up Diva 3
  • Emily

Emily Basilio · Married on 10/13/2019

Outdoor wedding

I met Mchelle at a bridal bazaar and she and her team did beautiful work for the brides on the runway. I gave her pictures of what I wanted and she did exactly what I had asked! She did great work on my hair and make up. She even taught me a few things that I didn't even know about makeup and styling hair. She is very easy to get along with and would recommend her!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Hair and Make Up Diva 4

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for giving me a great review. It was a pleasure working with you. I love enhancing a bride’s inner and natural beauty to shine through.
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/07/2019

Beautiful hair and makeup

There work speaks for itself. To do my 5 bridesmaids and myself it took from 10 till 2:40 so plan accordingly. There work is well worth it though! Beautiful 100%

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Hair and Make Up Diva 5

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole. We love making brides and the whole bridal party their most beautiful. You and your lovely bridesmaids were a pleasure to work with. Thank you again
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/18/2019

Michelle is wonderful!!

Michelle is absolutely wonderful! When searching for hair and make-up vendors, she was the only one who actually called me to follow up on my request. She was kind, personable, and professional from the start. She did a great job on my hair and make-up and was patient with my many changes and small tweaks that I wanted. She didn’t stop till the job was finished and took great care of my family and wedding party as well. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

You were a sweet and beautiful bride. It was a pleasure to work with you and your wedding party.

Kelsey C · Married on 04/26/2019

Exceptional!

Michelle did our wedding recently and she did a phenomenal job. Her and her partner were able to capture exactly what I wanted (without photos) for my wedding. I had myself, four bridesmaids, and two mothers and all of the hair and makeup was beyond gorgeous and exceptional! I asked to incorporate braids and she went above and beyond my expectations. She made us feel extremely comfortable and everything came out better than I ever could have imagined. She is an extremely talented hair and makeup artist and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing me to have a part in making you even more beautiful on your wedding day.

Brenda · Married on 07/07/2018

Michelle did an excellent job on my wife and I on our wedding day. She was able to see our vision and made us look amazing.

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Hair and Make Up Diva 6

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

Thank you. You were a beautiful couple to work with.

Janet · Married on 07/22/2017

What can I say. Michelle is awesome. She took a idea, a picture and a dream of what I wanted and made it come true. I presented a picture to Michelle of the mack up I wanted and the hair style; and she made it happen.

My mother, whom is really picky; witness Michelle doing my hair and make up and she too was very impressed.

Michelle made my wedding a dream, I am so blessed to have her in my corner and she did an amazing job.

Highly recommend.

Thank you Michelle so much.

Mrs. Janet Avery

Sent on 08/15/2017

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

Thank you so much...You were a beautiful bride and a pleasure to work with.
  • F

Felicia · Married on 07/19/2017

On our wedding day, my wife and I hired Michelle to do our hair and makeup. I have naturally curly hair and can be very difficult to style at times, especially if you don't have experience with curly hair. Michelle did an absolutely wonderful job on my hair and my makeup was to die for. Michelle also has a great personality and very sociable. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Jhann · Married on 07/10/2017

I have all type of hairstyles from natural to shaved to relaxed and now weave and I have NEVER been disappointed. I recently got a weave (for the first time ever) and I am in love! Ms. Michelle is so intuitive and now how to give me exactly what I want, while recommending what will look good for me, at such a reasonable price it's amazing. She's the reason I come back to San Diego because she's trustworthy, reliable, and oh so gifted! Ms. Michelle you have worked your magic again!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

You are always a pleasure to work with.

Sha · Married on 06/19/2017

On the wedding day itself, we were looking for a makeup and hair artist who is able to come and do my friend's hair (she is the bride) and makeup within a few hours. We looked on Yelp and Groupon and thankfully we found Michelle. At 8am on a Monday we called her and she said she could make it by 1pm. Before we even met, she was very accommodating and she was answering all the questions and concerns we have. We were so happy because she was going to be able to do it at the very last minute and at home. She was always helpful by saying, "If you have an idea what you want just text/call me." She came on time and got all her stuff ready for the bride. She was very efficient and she even did extra work like curling the clip-on hair extensions, etc. The bride received LOTS of compliments on her hair and makeup. She did an awesome job, if only we could attach pics! Overall, we were very happy with her work and we highly recommend her! THANK YOU MICHELLE!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Hair and Make Up Diva's reply:

It was my pleasure making the bride even more beautiful...
  • Savannah

Savannah Gilbert · Married on 07/08/2019

1.8
      1.0

Would not recommend as a hairstylist

I hired Michelle last month for the services of wedding hair for myself and one of my bridesmaids, also hair and make-up for my mother-in-law. Michelle did not perform the hair and makeup service for my mother-in-law, one of her teammates had performed this service (my review does not reflect hair/makeup service on my mother-in-law).

I had originally asked Michelle to come at 8 am, but she insisted that 10 am would be plenty of time for her and her team. After compromising her arrival time at 9:30 am she ended up having to rush in getting my hair done and we were still delayed on timing which calls into question her time management.

I had requested for Michelle to do an updo hairstyle with bangs in the front for my wedding hair. Michelle was not the most pleasant person to work with, she seemed easily annoyed when I asked her to style my hair exactly as pictured in a photo I gave her ahead of time and showed her before she styled my hair. However, after my feedback she styled my hair as requested which looked good. For my bridesmaid, she initially flipped instead of barrel curled her hair as the photo we showed her suggested. However, after I informed Michelle that her styling wasn't as pictured she corrected the styling on my bridesmaid which turned out well.

A few minutes after Michelle left and my wedding photographers were going to start taking photos, my hairstyle started to unravel. Unbeknownst to me, Michelle used bobby pins to hold up my updo which had several extensions in it. As a seasoned professional Michelle should have known that bobby pins was not a smart choice to hold up an updo hairstyle which had extensions. I called Michelle to return and fix my hair and she was unapologetic, abrasive and did not even offer a discount on her faulty services which wasted 20 minutes of my photography time!!! I would not recommend Michelle to any bride-to-be for wedding hair services. Her lack of care and consideration for me as a bride made an already stressful day even more stressful. Any bride should seek a more professional and courteous stylist.

Sent on 09/01/2019