Haiku Gardens Weddings Reviews

146 | Kaneohe, HI

146 Reviews for Haiku Gardens Weddings

Victoria · Married on 07/13/2013

I can't even begin to explain how absolutely happy and completed I feel having had my ceremony at Haiku Gardens. This venue is the ideal romantic setting for anyone to say their vows on their magical wedding day. The view of the greenery and all of the lush tropical flowers and trees give such a calming feel that everything will turn out perfectly. Aside from the garden which can obviously sell itself, we had the wonderful opportunity to work with Tamara Suyetsugu! She is just such a spectacular wedding coordinator! From the very beginning Tamara, just into the excitement my husband and I shared about having a cheetah themed wedding, while the rest of our family thought we were crazy out of our minds.The day we booked the garden (first day we looked at it actually, which was exactly a year in advance, something you need to do because this place books fast!) Tamara took us down to the garden and already started to help us envision how our day would look. Including timing, seats, guest placement, decorations, literally everything that you can think of she discussed and assured us that she would do everything possible to make our cheetah themed wedding come true. Tamara constantly emailed me back and forth to check on how everything was moving along with vendors, planning, etc. She even went out of her way to research if anyone had cheetah sashes for my isle chairs, and unfortunately no one did, but instead she went out of her way to look up ideas through pinterest &other websites for different ideas to use as decorations! How's that? Above and beyond customer service, I tell you. Better than the help she gave for planning the wedding she just made everything exceptional extraordinarily perfect on the day of our wedding. By the time I had arrived everything had been set up, including the chairs, my decorations, flowers, archway piece, &best of all my bridal suite was air conditioned with water& tissues! I would recommend Tamara and Haiku to anyone, worth every penny!:)

Sent on 10/11/2013

Grant · Married on 06/15/2013

Haiku Gardens was the perfect place for our perfect wedding!! First of all the staff there was really nice and Tamara, our wedding planner, took care of everything for us. Every part of the wedding was stress free. The photographer that she set us up with was very easy to work with. The wedding bouquet was perfect. The food at the reception was phenomenal! The Coconut Macadamia Nut Encrusted Chicken was to die for!! The Kalbi was so soft and melts in your mouth!! The views of the garden and of the Koolau's from the restaurant is second to none. We would highly recommend having a wedding here. This was definitely the perfect place for our wedding! Thank you Tamara!!

Grant and Kat Oka

Sent on 06/21/2013

Aleshia · Married on 06/12/2013

We chose Haiku Gardens as our wedding venue and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding!! Not only is the location absolutely beautiful, it's also very private. Tamara was our wedding coordinator and she made the planning process so stress-free and easy!! We just showed up on the big day and everything was ready for us! I am so glad that we had our wedding here!!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Chad · Married on 06/01/2013

Our wedding was AMAZING! Tamara, the wedding coordinator, helped us make the wedding of our dreams come true! It is so beautiful to be in the secluded gardens to share our vows. The reception up in the restaurant was perfect. Our food buffet was great! The prime rib was awesome! We could not have asked for a better wedding & reception!

Mahalo, Mr. & Mrs. Thomas

Sent on 07/18/2013

Jesse · Married on 05/11/2013

My wife and I couldn't have been happier with how our wedding turned out. The venue is beautiful. The food was delicious. Tamara was very responsive and receptive to our questions and requests. Many thanks to her and the rest of the staff at Haiku Gardens for making our special day perfect.

Sent on 07/06/2013

Our wedding was just amazing! We decided to have a destination wedding at Haiku Gardens, with the idea in mind that we really wouldn’t know how things would be until our actual wedding day. Living in Boston, we knew that we only had so much control over planning a Hawaiian wedding! But the whole process was very organized and made simple with the help of Tamara from Haiku gardens. She was very quick with emails and would update me periodically with a spreadsheet on the choices we made on food, decorations, photographers, hair and make-up, flowers, music etc. She was very open to suggestions and gave me wonderful advice along the way. I was able to send her pictures during the planning process so she knew what I had in mind.

On the actual wedding day, I could not have wished for anything more! The day was beautiful, the gardens were so scenic that during the wedding my new husband and I would often look at the koolau mountain range surrounding the gardens and feel at awe of how gorgeous the setting was! We loved how the setting was private for us and our 45 guests. And the food, oh my goodness, the food was so good!!! I would definitely recommend the prime rib, and basically all of the pupus! My husband and I kept saying that we wished we were just able to sit and eat the whole time. :)

All of the staff at Haleiwa Joes were extremely friendly and made sure all of us were taken care of. I definitely appreciated that the restaurant overlooked the garden so that our guests would not have to travel far between ceremony and reception.

I highly recommend Haiku Gardens to anyone looking for a private location in on Oahu and wants minimal planning for their wedding day! It was just a wonderful experience, very memorable, and we are so thankful to Tamara, the Haiku Gardens wedding vendors, and Colin at Haleiwa Joes for giving us such a happy wedding day that we will never forget! :)

Sent on 05/14/2013

Brittany · Married on 04/13/2013

Haiku Gardens is great! Got Married here on 4.13.13 and It was Beautiful. The Staff was very friendly. Everything went perfect. Was a very stress free wedding :) All my Guests had a great time and loved the food (reception at Haleiwa Joes). I loved how the wedding site and the reception was on the same property, it made it a lot easier. We worked with Tamara and she was great! All of the prices were very reasonable and everyone had a great time! They have every option you could think of, even a golf cart to escort people down the hill (we mostly got it for our grandparents who might have had a bit of trouble) . Overall awesome experience! I would recommend this Venue to anyone who is looking to have a smaller wedding in a beautiful setting! They have a few different choices for the ceremony to actually take place. We had our wedding in the open air chapel (you never know what the weather will be) which was super nice because they had the chairs already and we didn't need to worry about the rain, although it still felt like you are outside because it opens completely up. The reception was gorgeous looking over the garden and pond. It was perfect. Thanks again!!!

-Brittany and Zach Bowen

Sent on 04/23/2013

J · Married on 04/13/2013

We chose Haiku Gardens for many reasons; the location/parking, onolicious food and great service are only a few of the reasons. We can't thank them enough for all they have done for us. The wait staff and wedding coordinator were very accommodating and flexible. We highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a quiet outdoor ceremony with quality food for your reception that overlooks the Koolau mountains.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Gretchen · Married on 03/23/2013

Haiku Gardens is the perfect spot for a Hawaii wedding if you do not want to do a beach ceremony.

The setting is serene, filled with amazing green plants and tropical flowers as well as a small, intimate chapel perfect for 50 people. We chose to have the chapel chairs face the garden so everyone could view the gorgeous back drop while we gave our vows.

Everything Haiku Gardens has to offer is professional, well priced and the quality of the service is perfect. Many people who attended our ceremony said it was the best wedding they went to and the best food, which I definitely agree with!! The catch of the day was a buttery Opa and the Kalua Pork with cabbage was just the right amount of saltiness.

Further, Tamara, their head wedding coordinator and Jennifer, the manager of the restaurant were helpful at all times.

I highly recommend Haiku Gardens as they work within your budget and are not uptight or open to different options.

Great!!!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2013

Getting married at Haiku Gardens was definitely the best choice for us! It was amazingly beautiful, very intimate, and nicely casual for our guests. We chose a traditional Hawaiian ceremony, so we had a lei exchange, ring blessing, sand blending, and Hawaiian prayers done. Everything was perfect. The groom was nervous because he had no idea what to expect, but because everything was so perfectly planned ahead of time, the day went smoothly and he was impressed.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Emily · Married on 01/23/2013

What a fantastic venue! We were a bit apprehensive at first about planning a destination wedding, but it was just about as simple and uncomplicated as it could be. I compared it to ordering sushi--you select all the services you want. It can be as simple or elaborate as the bride and groom want. I wanted my planning to be minimal. Tamara did all the work, and all we had to do was show up and be beautiful. The venue was perfect, and all of our guests enjoyed every detail, down to the amazing food. We had an afternoon wedding with dinner served. Since the restaurant was just opening for dinner, we still pretty much had the run of the place. The location in and of itself is so beautiful that it kept decoration costs to a minimum. Also having the ability to do hair and makeup onsite kept all the logistical complications from coming up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we certainly made the right choice!

Sent on 01/31/2013

Donna · Married on 12/01/2012

We had our wedding here it was totally amazing! Robyn and Tamara our coordinators rocked,we didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything was taken cared of for us. What an amazing experience.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Todd · Married on 08/25/2012

Had a wonderful experience at Haiku Gardens at Haleiwa Joe's for our recent wedding (Aug 2012). Our coordinator Robyn was incredibly flexible, attentive, and knowledgeable. We felt that she was able to help us put structure to the dream that was to be our wedding day. Even when challenged by trying to work with us across six time zones, she seamlessly helped assemble our random thoughts into a wonderful event that we will always cherish. By the end of the planning and the end of the day she truly felt more like part of the family than just a wedding coordinator.

The venue itself seemed very magical to us and was perfect for the smaller intimate wedding we had planned. In my mind, it was a perfect alternative to a beach style wedding being immersed in the flora of Hawai'i. Opting for the Stone Heiau completed the unpretentious atmosphere that we sought, while integrating the feeling of Hawai'i.

I would not hesitate to recommend Haiku Gardens to family and friends looking for a unique yet intimate place for a marriage.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2012

Haiku Gardens was a wonderful place for our wedding. The staff was professional and helped avert many crisis - including moving the entire wedding 2 months for me when a sudden military deployment made our original date impossible. Robyn called all the vendors for me and convinced everyone to shift the date and not charge me an extra fee. On the day of the wedding, the service was wonderful. When the guitarist failed to show up, they managed to produce a back-up in record time. I would highly recommend Haiku Gardens to anyone looking to get married in Hawaii.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Mark · Married on 01/14/2012

Jennifer and her staff made what can typically be a nightmare and absolute dream! Everything ran like clock work that day! There are many beautiful places on Oahu but Haiku Garden stands apart! The food and service of that staff were excellent! If you have not seen the garedens or eaten at Haliewa Joe's, your owe it to you and taste buds to check this place out!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Ken · Married on 11/01/2011

Our wedding went like clock work. Jennifer (wedding coordinator) was so much help!!!
    The garden area is perfect for weddings, plenty of room for a small indoor crowd or outdoors for a large group.
    The food was absolutely great and the staff extremely helpful. We had a great experience and look forward to going back for a visit.
    Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/04/2012

Livia · Married on 07/16/2016

If you're looking for a one stop shop wedding venue, Haiku Gardens is the place to go! You'll be away from the hustle and bustle and be close to nature. The backdrop is just amazing!

My husband and I got married here last month. Haiku Gardens is our only option and did not have second thoughts of looking for another venue. I did not know about Haiku Gardens until my Matron of Honor sent me the information. I had a daytime wedding, where the venue is exclusively yours. There's ample parking and the venue was able to accommodate my 130 guests. Though I chose to shop for most of my vendors, Haiku Gardens offers a variety of your wedding must haves. From the officiant, photos, videos, DJ, flowers, hair and make up... Most of all, an amazing coordinator (Tamara)! Tamara has been very helpful throughout the planning process. She answered to all my emails promptly,and kept me sane on our wedding day. I booked my photographer, hair and makeup, flowers and officiant through Tamara. The reception took place at Haleiwa Joe's which is in the same location. Everyone (up to this day) is raving about how good the food was, especially the PRIME RIB (a must have)! Looking forward to visiting again with friends and family.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Dana · Married on 07/08/2016

We found Haiku Gardens as a venue for our wedding at the recommendation of a friend, and we'll do our best to ensure that OTHER friends find it too - our experience from start to finish was truly wonderful. I'd highly recommend the venue, the restaurant, and Tamara's expertise in planning and execution!

With a target date less than six months away, I worried about finding the right place for our wedding... and being new to Hawaii, worried even more about finding all the vendors and elements I knew I'd need. (And even more so, those I didn't know I'd need!) Enter Tamara - she's got resources to clear every hurdle. (No really. She can do anything.) She was incredibly professional, communicative, and gracious - not to mention calming to this control-sensitive bride - throughout the process. She was helpful and patient in addressing my questions and creative in working around time/budget constraints. I never felt less than confident in the planning and execution, knowing there'd be zero surprises.

The Gardens can't be beat - several options for ceremony sites/backdrops and a variety of seating arrangements - I was able to - and encouraged to! - tailor it to be exactly what we wanted for our guests. And the array of photography settings for afterward... simply stunning.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the quality of the restaurant's service for our reception of about 50 guests. We reserved the restaurant for lunch following our Friday morning ceremony. The restaurant staff - bar and wait staff - was attentive, kind and gracious. Several of our guests, many visiting Oahu for the first time, commented that their meal at Haleiwa Joe's was the best they had all week.

It was a perfect day. Perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Kelcy · Married on 09/27/2015

Great beautiful place to have a wedding just got married and loved everything g about this place.Tamara is awesome at what she does...my dream wedding ...Tamara made sure I wasn't stressing help make sure all our guests was comfortable and she is awesome...if u want a wedding and want to experience hawaii in no other way have it here highly recommended...Mr and Mrs Soma

Sent on 11/06/2015

Maria · Married on 08/30/2014

I just got married here at Haiku Gardens with the reception at Haleiwa Joe's... Best decision ever!! The wedding coordinator was easy to work with (Tamara), especially since mine was a destination wedding. The ceremony garden site was beautiful! And the food at the restaurant was delicious! Overall, a great experience for such a momentous event in my life. Would highly recommend getting married here!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Marsha · Married on 08/10/2014

Tamara at Haiku Gardens was beyond amazing to work with! She was quick to respond to our emails and questions and she was so pleasant, patient and understanding. Planning a wedding set in Hawaii while living in California was nerve-wracking to say the least. But Tamara's suggestions and help along the way eased our worries and made the experience so much more enjoyable. What we were most impressed with was the extreme care she took to make sure everything was perfect. We loved her level of communication. We never felt ignored or like "just another event." Even though we were "just" a vow renewal and not a huge, extravagant affair, she treated us like family and friends and by the time the event happened, she FELT like a long-time friend!
    As Hurricane Iselle and Hurricane Julio threatened our event that we planned so long for, Tamara and the owner of Haiku Gardens made sure to stay in contact with us the week of (even on their days off!) You don't know how much it meant to us to know that they were thinking of us and preparing every possible backup plan so that our event could go on.
    Our experience with Haiku Gardens was FABULOUS. The staff, the food, the location... EXCELLENT. We highly recommend this venue/location!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2014

We recently had our wedding at Haiku gardens in Oahu and couldn't have been happier. We bought the package deal mostly because we were planning from overseas and I am not a bride that wanted to concern myself with every little detail. Our coordinator was Tamara and she did an excellent job at accommodating our laid back planning style. She provided us with a check list which made planning a snap- you just check yes or no and from there she will give your choices on vendors. We did everything via email and she was always quick to get back to you.
    The venue looked exactly like the photos which was a huge relief- the gardens are beautiful. Food was really tasty and they did a great job accommodating for our gluten free requirements. Tamara did a great job coordinating with vendors - we were impressed with her willingness to provide real options when we told her something was more than we wanted to spend. Her baker was great, hair and makeup vendor was perfect, flowers were excellent, the officiant was very personable and the photographer ( though we don't have photos back yet to comment on quality) was great to work with.
    The only things we would have liked to change were that we would have liked to meet the officiant prior to the ceremony and we would have liked to continue the reception at Haiku. We had a morning wedding and an afternoon reception and they have a very strict rule that you have to be out of the restaurant by early afternoon so we had to vacate the premise and continue on elsewhere . Since everyone was flying in from overseas this was a bit inconvenient but it all worked out fine.
    Overall a fantastic day and a really great group to work with to make your planning a breeze and your special day one to remember.

Sent on 05/29/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better ceremony and reception location. Every detail was handled with care and perfectly matched our expectations and desires. It's a stunning venue that is simply beautiful without being over the top and fussy.

If you're looking for natural beauty, down to earth staff, and good food with a beautiful view...book it now!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2012

Oh gosh where do I begin?
    A great big thank you to the ladies, Robyn, Tamara, and Jennifer, of Haiku gardens for doing an outstanding job! Living in Japan I was looking for a way to not go through a Japanese company, they were a little to restricting than I wanted. I was really nervous at first to plan everything over the internet. But thank goodness for Haiku Gardens. Right from the beginning I felt confident in their services. They were very professional and quick in responding to any and all of my many questions and concerns. They offered endless amounts of advice and pictures so that I could get a better idea of what kind of wedding I would like.

Their packages are also a great base to go off of and are very reasonably priced. Then they have tons of extra options. They even opened up the restaurant a little early so that my guests could enjoy some pupus and cocktails while I took pictures in the gardens after the ceremony. They all loved the food and service.
    Robyn also helped me to get a 50pax bus to take my guests to the gardens and back to Waikiki, so that my guests wouldn't have to worry about driving and getting lost.
    They were very accommodating with my last minute request to move the ceremony out of the chapel and into the gardens. They even second the idea.
    The gardens and grounds were very well kept, with a small white gazebo located at the end of a walk over a little pond. The steep mountains in the back provide a dramatic Hawaiian backdrop to the pictures. I liked how the grounds were very secluded and private, I didn't have to worry about onlookers, like I would of gotten if we did a beach wedding.

If you are looking for a remember-able destination wedding, I recommend Haiku Gardens. The staff are all professional and friendly. They will make your big day one to remember. They will help you take care of everything you let them, so that you can sit back and relax. They sure did for me.

Thank you again!
    Meghan from Hyogo, Japan

Sent on 10/30/2012

C · Married on 02/20/2017

We held a wedding reception for my son and his wife at Haiku Gardens and it was perfect! Tamara and the great staff at Haiku Gardens were so flexible and accommodating with every request we had. They arranged for a special no-salt meal, different number of seats at each table, and provided beautiful table numbers. We were able to modify the menu and the food was awesome. Our out-of-town guests enjoyed the beautiful green venue and several family and friends asked me about using this venue for their future parties. Service on the day of the reception was exceptional!

Sent on 04/15/2017