Haas-Lilienthal House Reviews

Haas-Lilienthal House 1
  • Paloma

Paloma · Married on 04/06/2019

A real gem!

I feel like I looked at nearly a hundred reception venues in the greater Bay Area during my extensive google searching. I found Haas-Lilienthal house and saw that it had a couple nice reviews and decided to do an image search. Another couple had posted their wedding video on Vimeo and that's just about what did it for my now-husband and me.

Haas-Lilienthal House is a Victorian mansion turned into a museum. It has a lot of original furnishings from when it was occupied and then some pieces made to fit the decor. It's stunning! Because it's so beautiful already, you really don't have to decorate it all that much. My wedding team and I went with ivory linens, some bronze chargers, crystal stemware-- nothing fancy, really. But even so, I received compliments from so many of my guests. The ballroom downstairs was where we got to play around with decorations more. Blue and purple uplights transformed the space and we hung disco balls from the hooks in the middle of the ceiling. Because we had a cocktail-style reception, we saved the ballroom only for dancing and drinks while the rest of the food was served upstairs. It was the best use of our resources and budget because of that. Either way, this venue is a steal for the price given the average cost of venues in SF.

I highly recommend Haas-Lilienthal, especially if you like vintage, Bay Area charm.

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Haas-Lilienthal House 2

Lizabeth · Married on 11/05/2011

A lovely house and very well priced. Aside from the fact that we really loved the house it was great that they provided tables and chairs for the reception as part of the rental price. Just wish the upstairs washroom was usable.

Sent on 09/06/2013