H.Photography Reviews

44 | Algonquin, IL

44 Reviews for H.Photography

• I

Ioana · Married on 06/09/2013

The day we set our wedding day was after I knew for sure that Doru is available for that day and he will be our photographer at our wedding. We really want to thank him and express our gratitude for capturing the best moments in that day, a special day for us.
    After the wedding we had a photo sessions with our precious daughter, and everything was beautiful, and thank you again for the lovely surprise that you made for us, the video with our daughter which by the way I cry every time I see it.
    We recommend The H Wedding Photography, they are the best....

Sent on 09/25/2013

Tracey · Married on 06/08/2013

We are completely blown away by the photographs by Doru & Claudia Halip. We are so in awe of both of their talent! Words can't express how grateful we are to have our photos taken by them and we couldn't have dreamed of better photos to have forever. We had our belated Engagement session with the H Photo and we had so much fun. You will not be disappointed if you work with Doru & Claudia! They are so creative, absolutely incredible to work with, and we highly recommend them! We love their talent, genuine and very warm personalities and skill level so much that we are trying to think of more life events to get the opportunity to work with them again. They make the photo sessions very fun. We will definitely recommend them to friends and be sure to call them for more events in the future. Their passion for what they do is contagious and truly shows in the pictures. They are stunning wedding photographers!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Esther · Married on 05/18/2013

Doru and Claudia were the best investment my husband and I made for our wedding. From the creative engagement pictures (that all of our friends could not stop raving about) to their flexibility and friendliness to their photos on the wedding day, the pictures they took and provided for us will be something we treasure forever. They are a very friendly and experienced married couple with a keen eye for creatively capturing photos with beautiful scenery and landscape. They were also very punctual, reliable, professional, and affordable! Even though they had to stay a few minutes later for our sparkler exit photos and start a few minutes early for our getting ready photos, they were extremely flexible with time and we so appreciated that. They understood the type of photos we wanted and helped us both to feel comfortable in front of the camera. We just got back our pictures and are reviewing our album and absolutely love it! You could not go wrong with Doru & Claudia! Highly recommend them for your photography needs!!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Emily · Married on 04/27/2013

We hired Doru to photograph our wedding on 4/27/13 and can't recommend him enough. He is very creative, willing to listen to what you are looking for and just all around a wonderful person to work with. We were extremely happy with the results and have friends and family costantly commenting on how beautiful our pictures turned out. We couldn't have chosen anyone better to capture our day.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Melissa A. · Married on 04/13/2013

We used Doru and Claudia for our recent wedding (and engagement session). They were an incredible team that captured all of the special moments of our day in a non-intrusive and supportive manner. Though they worked for over 10 hours, their energy level and enthusiasm was always high. They made us feel at ease through the various stages of the day - getting ready, first look, family portraits, ceremony, reception. Both Doru and Claudia have an exceptional eye for detail, creating fun, lighthearted scenes to emotional moments. They scouted our venue ahead of time to ensure that there was a plan for the best use of time and space. Most importantly, they are so friendly and so happy to be part of such a special day. We would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Rodica · Married on 03/24/2013

Doru has a great attitude and his imagination makes the pictures one of a kind. We were both very thrilled at not only how he captured us but also how he implemented the background to make the pictures complete.

Sent on 04/21/2013

Doru and Cladia were the best photographer we hired. Their Service was the best and value for service was excellent. The best thing I like about them was they didn't charge me for small little thing. After signing contract, we wanted some professional pictures for the wedding, Doru went out of his way to go on a photoshoot, in a park and edited pictures for us, no charge. Also, when his service hours were done, he didn't bother us about 30 minutes left, 15 minutes left like others do. He was very professional and actually stayed a lot longer than the time we paid for. Doru and Cladia were very flexible and I would highly recommend them. Thank you so much.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Catalin · Married on 08/25/2012

“The H wedding photography” is an awesome photography company. The owner is great and an extremely talented photographer. I would recommend him to anyone. The quality of the photos was extraordinary. We absolutely loved the entire experience.

Sent on 02/22/2013

The h wedding photography are the best!!!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Daniela · Married on 03/31/2012

Well, it was a perfect day for us!!! Besides the fact that the entire day went without absolutely no problems, Doru and Claudia Halip completed our day by making us feel like superstars. Wedding days go by very fast for the bride and groom and without an incredible photographer many things will go by unnoticed. Doru and Claudia captured all the best moments of our day so beautifully that we can now relax and replay our special day over and over again by looking at our unbelievable photos. Their professionalism and extensive photography experience also made everything very easy. Their attention to all the details to ensure they capture best, artistic memories of us, made us not only, feel very special, but also taken care of. Doru and Claudia are very creative and they take artistic photographs. So, for them to express those abilities in their photographs, they chose to go out and scout for some great spots for our photo shoot. We were very happy they wanted to do that because with all the wedding planning that was not something on our list of things to do and we would have probably just taken photos just at the church and at the reception hall. Not that our venues were not unbelievably beautiful as well, but having photos taken professionally makes a very big difference. Now talking about our money spent to get Doru and Claudia to "shoot' us, we have to say it was worth every penny and we recommend them from the bottom of our hearts. We feel like we couldn't have made a better decision about our photography services. CHOOSING THEM FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT IS SOMETHING YOU WILL NOT REGRET. And to better understand their artistic eye please visit their website at http://thehweddingphotography.com/ . Thank you so much Doru and Claudia Halip for giving us the most memorable imprints of our special day. We will forever cherish the moment we chose you to be with us on our special day.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Adriana · Married on 08/27/2011

Our wedding photo experience with Doru & Claudia was exceptional. They are very professional and creative.
    All of our photographs turned out more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. It was almost surreal when we received our photo albums. Doru & Claudia had captured the feelings and the beauty in every photo.
    We highly recommend them for any of your photography needs. They have a great personality and a friendly approach. Great job!!!
    Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/15/2012

Adriana · Married on 07/23/2011

Besides the restaurant I think the photographer was the best choice we´ve made in our wedding. If I had to organize it all again, maybe I would change my dress and I would definitely change the flowers ☺, but I would never change my photos!
    They are professionals, serious and on time! But the best thing is the creativity and imagination they have, and that gave us lots of unique photos and a great album! Totally recommendable!

Sent on 01/24/2012
  • O

Oana · Married on 07/17/2011

Yes I can only say that since I decided that getting married is certainly knew one thing, the photographer's Halip Doru I'm want. Many friends have had their wedding and I saw pictures and I love , were great .. .... .... particolari I'm available to have the wedding Friday .becaus he was very popular on knowing that ... but I was lucky and I had a wedding on 7/17/2011 gorgeous.
    Everything went very quickly but the professionalism of Doru ... knew how to capture what was important ....superb.
    We had a photo shoot at the wedding end Tresh the dress a few days after , that was conducted in an atmosphere .. a beautiful rainbow after rain . The imagination and professionalism made ​​me feel in the actually .. I was playing ninth heaven, 'I made ​​me a child serenity.
    Yes ... results ... phenomenal !!!!!!!!! concerning daily pictures, and every time, live those moments ..
    A "thank you" with all my heart, for simplicity and generositatea of that person, but also for his professionalism.

Sent on 01/25/2012

Anca · Married on 06/11/2011

We were very pleased with the quality of the services provided.

I can confidently recommend Doru Halip as a solid and reliable supplier, and expert in his field.

Anca & Costel Dumistracel

Sent on 01/24/2012

Daniel · Married on 05/20/2011

Doru Halip is one of the best photographer i ever see and it was a pleasure and in the same time a huge opportunity for me to have Doru as our official photographer on my wedding day.
    He did an amazing job and i can tell the photos from my wedding and the final album was impressive and made me and my wife very happy.
    Now, thanks to him we will have all the time the memories live from that beautiful moment.
    He is very professional and definitely the photography for Doru is just ART.

Sent on 01/26/2012

Bogdan · Married on 07/17/2010

Thank you for sharing our special day with us! We would like to express our extreme gratitude for the absolutely wonderful memories of our wedding day that you have captured for us. You were professional and made both of us feel totally relaxed and comfortable on our day. Our wedding album is absolutely fantastic and reflects our personalities. The pictures are a true work of art as they tell a story, the story of one of the greatest days in our lives. Our families and friends have also been very impressed with the photos. All in all, it goes without saying that we would highly recommend your services to anyone. Thank you so much for going out of your way to capture every moment in such a spectacular and unique way! The next set of pictures will include our little bundle of joy so we are looking forward to that!

Sent on 01/25/2012

We were thrilled to work with Doru. He was accommodating and professional!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Pooja · Married on 05/10/2014

We hired H Photography to do an engagement session and photograph our wedding. Doru was very professional and was very easy to work with. We were very happy with his ability to do both posed and artistic pictures. He was very easy to work with and he captured our wedding day beautifully. Several of our friends and family commented on how beautiful our engagement and wedding pictures turned out. He was able to capture all the special moments of our day We would definitely hire him again and recommend him to our friends and family.

Sent on 06/10/2014
  • Kateryna

Kateryna · Married on 08/11/2018

1.8
      2.0
      1.0

Very negative experience! Poor quality photos and bad attitude!

OUR WEDDING PHOTOS WITH DORU WAS A DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE... I met Doru in 2017 when I hired him for a wedding event that happened to be cancelled by my former fiancé's side. The non-refundable deposit that he paid to Doru wasn't returned, so Doru was very nice to comfort me by offering me put this amount towards any event in the future, should I consider to hire him again. I really appreciated that! Also, I loved his wedding photo albums, so I was looking forward to having one like that for my husband and myself too!!! So I thought, when the time comes, I will most definitely hire him again.
    My life turned out that after a pretty short period of time I actually met the right person and he unexpectedly proposed me to marry him. We started planning a wedding a I immediately called Doru. Surprisingly, he was not at all excited to honor his own offer that he made to me awhile ago (to put that deposit for that cancelled wedding in 2017, towards our wedding in 2018 that we were planning with my fiancé at that time, who is now my husband). Doru was reluctant to honor his own offer but after I insisted, he did honor it. I regret that I was insisting because the way he worked with me from that point moving forward, it would be better if he didn't work with us at all, because it was not pleasant experience... I felt like I was working for him and have to accommodate him, instead of him working for us and making sure that we are happy with his services.
    Doru was reluctant to meet for discussing the details of my vision at our wedding in 2018, and when we did meet, he was late. He was lacking enthusiasm while preparing for our wedding, which now I understand why... at the highest peak season (August) he could have serviced another wedding and charged them a full amount, instead of having been paid less by shooting our wedding, because the money he was already paid before, he spend and they are long time gone. So he must have felt that he is working for an inadequately low pay, which wasn't the case as this was his own offering and we agreed on it. If he didn't offer to put that deposit towards any other event in the future, I may have hired someone else, who would be truly excited to make our wedding perfect and special!
    Doru was very difficult to work with (at least he was for me). He did not want to come to the church to check out the lighting the day before, so he could be best prepared at the day of our wedding. Then he did come, but the day of our wedding the lighting still was NOT set up the way it should have been, and we ended up having shadows on our faces and chests... It supposed to be his responsibility to double check if all the lighting is set up properly.
    4 WEEKS PRIOR TO OUR WEDDING DORU REFUSED TO SHOOT OUR WEDDING AND ADVISED ME TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER!!! I WAS DEVASTATED BY THE NEWS... BUT ACTUALLY SHOULD HAVE HIRED SOMEONE ELSE AT THAT POINT. YET DESPITE MY ALREADY ONGOING UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE WITH HIM, I STILL WAS DETERMINED TO WORK WITH DORU, WHICH WAS MY BIG MY MISTAKE.. I CONSTANTLY FELT THAT I AM BEGGING HIM TO WORK WITH US. I HAD TO PLEAD HIM NOT TO WALK OUT ON US, AND HE DID US A BIG FAVOR BY SHOOTING OUR WEDDING AFTER ALL... SUCH HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE! I wish I only knew how he was going to work! For if I did, I would ave found another photographer immediately!!!
    After our ceremony he didn't bother to center us for group photos by the Altar, so we turned out off center on many pictures. On many other ones we turned out to be off center too.. The poses on the photos could definitely be better in other places of our photo sessions... He didn't guide us on how to stand/come closer or turn away, have someone to fix my veil and wedding dress (seeing that no-one was doing that, and I can't see behind me that it's actually messed up)... Many great poses that I know look awesome in weddings, are missing in our wedding. There are too few pictures and they are not the best ones of my entrance during ceremony when my Dad walking me down the isle... During group photos he didn't instruct people not to stand in front of me and my husband... There are NO close up portrait photos of me and my husband at all!! That is unacceptable.. I have to search through pictures to zoom some in to make it a portrait, at least 1 or 2 :( And we still have none.. I wasn't very excited about our photo session at our venue either... Some pictures are off center there too and some with cropped arms, heads and were taken at were angles... I have kind of strange look on my face on quite a few photos, while shooting with my husband outside by our venue. I wish Doru had more attention to details and made corrections as we were doing the shooting, and had more enthusiasm to make our wedding photos truly special and perfect... but it didn't happen...
    IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR RECEPTION DORU WAS READY TO WALK AWAY BECAUSE HE SAID THAT HE WAS PAID ONLY UP TILL CERTAIN TIME! We had a delay in the hotel, so that's why everything got delayed, but it wasn't the reason for any vendor to walk away like that. It brought unnecessary stress on me and my husband, and I had to drop everything and to go get the money (we gave him generous gratuity on top of what we already paid) to pay him more so he would stay and we said that we were going to pay him more for that extra time right after the wedding and when the work will be completed with photos...
    When I received final photos, I got terribly upset - "retouched" pictured looked pretty bad, the quality was so low! I went to Walgreen's to do few prints just to find out that my images are proofs, not actual full resolution images we paid for! Imagine that! I contacted Doru to request our actual images and he sent them to me, but only upon my request. If it's not for Walgreen's visit, I wouldn't have even known what we've got for our "wedding photos"! But surprisingly, our full resolution images were of not much better quality than the ones that are proofs...
    TO TOP IT ALL OFF, IN CONCLUSION TO OUR NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE, DORU REFUSED TO DO OUR WEDDING ALBUM, WHICH WAS THE MAIN REASON WHY I HIRED HIM!!! Having an album was part of our agreement! I had agreed amount prepared to pay him for an album and for his extra time at the wedding on top of generous gratuity we gave him! He refused to do the album and didn't want to take the money. Why would he? Our gratuity already covered his extra time! So it was a perfect time for him to fail us with the wedding album!
    So now, 1 year and 6 months later, we don't even have a wedding album... I kept retouching images by myself but can't put it together in an album like the professional photographer would, especially with such poor selection of nice photos that we got..
    I can't tell you enough how disappointed I am with "H Photography" services... Even if I could get my money back for "such experience", he can't give us our wedding day back and an opportunity to hire another photographer, who would have been much more motivated to create perfect wedding images for us, an awesome album, and would have been excited to work with us unlike Doru...
    AFTER MY EXPERIENCE, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PHOTOGRAPHER! My recommendation is to hire another photographer, make sure he understands you and your vision at your special day, that he is connected with you and your husband-to-be, that you do not have to beg him to work with you, or if you see this coming, just walk away immediately and hire someone else, even if it is last minute!!! You would be better off this way rather than having bad wedding photos and regretting it until the rest of your life... As far as prices, I don't think that prices of "H Photography" all that great of a deal, plus he doesn't seem to care about his clients much. I only found that out after the wedding panic was over, and I came across other photographers, when I went to our jewelry store to clean my wedding ring.. There are definitely better deals out there, and more motivated photographers!
    Do your research and don't be afraid to walk away from the vendor who is not making you happy while getting ready for your Big Day!
    Remember, this is YOUR WEDDING DAY, and vendors are working FOR YOU, not the other way around! Hope my experience will be a valuable lesson to all brides and you all will learn from it. Good luck to you, all! :)

Sent on 01/23/2020