30 Reviews for H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center

Table Arrangements (2)
Event Design (1)
Flower Petals (1)
30 H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center Reviews

Robin and the team at HJ Benken's did a great job with our flowers. Since we wanted a "specialty" flower we did not get a chance to see it before the event. Benken's really cane through with a beautiful product. The purple roses were amazing!!
Robin did a great job listening and understanding our vision. I could not be happier with the bouquet and boutonniere! Thank you so much for helping make our day amazing!

Photo for H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center Review - beautiful simple wedding bouquet!
Photo for H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center Review - amazing color
Photo for H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center Review - great detail
Profile Picture Becki, 3/30/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot even explain how gorgeous my bouquet was and all our centerpieces. Robin and her team knocked it out of the park. The most beautiful bouquet I ever saw and she nailed my vision! Everything was so beautiful and they were so great to work with! The first plan was way over my budget and asked what we could do to cut the plan in half. Robin got me to my budget without sacrificing quality at all or making me feel like I was getting less. I highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Going in, I had no idea what I wanted with my flowers but Robin really helped me establish a vision for the ceremony and offered honest advice for everything from ribbon color to rose petals. She was extremely adaptable when I brought in some pieces that I found for the centerpiece and helped me brainstorm ways to make the ceremony and reception decorations truly unique and beautiful. The team at Benkins was prompt in delivery and left us great instructions how to set up the decorations in case the weather changed (and it did) and we had to move to our "plan B" location.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/7/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Thank you to Benken's for such wonderful service! The flowers were beautiful and reasonably priced! I definitely would recommend this company!

Profile Picture Betsy, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

Robin and her team exceeded every expectation with my wedding flowers! My bridesmaids bouquets were gorgeous, and my own bouquet was breathtakingly beautiful! The chapel where we got married did not allow for much decoration, but the bouquet on the altar felt like it tied the entire room together, and it looked great with our colors! Our reception centerpieces were perfect as well, and made every single table pop! We could not have been happier with our wedding flowers! The entire H.J. Benken team is outstanding and truly made our wedding day special!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

I had originally planned on doing my own bouquets and boutineers, but as the wedding got closer, I realized I didn't have the time (or energy!) to do it myself. With only about 5-6 weeks left, I hurriedly met with a few florists. Some were completely overpriced and way over budget and others were not friendly. Then I met with Robin at HJ Benken. She was so nice, understanding and patient. When I received the original proposal, we were slightly off budget-wise, but Robin helped me make a few changes to get us right on budget. That was very appreciated! In the midst of the rush to find a florist, there was a little bit of a miscommunication involving flower colors (probably my fault - like I said, I was in a hurry to find someone!). Robin sent me a text the day before the wedding with a preview of the bouquets. That's when I realized I must have accidentally given the OK for a peachy/orange rose when I really wanted a light pink/blush colored flower. I was worried, but Robin reassured me that it would be OK. And she was right! She quickly changed the orange roses to light pink, and the bouquets were perfect! I couldn't be more impressed or appreciative. I highly recommend going with HJ Benken...even in the midst of chaos, they came through with flying colors.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/28/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We used H.J. Benken for our wedding ceremony/reception flowers. I am someone who is not very familiar with flowers. I really needed someone who had a lot of experience to help me pick out what we wanted. I definitely found that at H.J. Benken! Robin helped us during our initial appointment. You could really tell how experienced she was, and she did an excellent job of helping us pick out the flowers that we wanted. The flowers were delivered on time and set up for us the day of. They looked absolutely beautiful! I was very pleased with H.J. Benken and would recommend them for your Wedding Day flower needs!

Profile Picture User4231393, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

ROBIN IS SO AWESOME!!!! Robin gave me the bouquet of my dreams. I was a really picky about what I wanted. I wanted something different and unique, which is exactly what she gave. The service there was awesome. She was all about making me happy and giving me everything that I wanted. Next time I need flowers for anything I will definitely be going to her!!!!

Profile Picture Saria , 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Flowers were gorgeous arrived on time. They did follow up to make sure it was perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better florist!

Profile Picture Angie, 10/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We used HJ Benkens for our ceremony and reception venue as well as our florist. We loved the greenhouse as a unique location, and it worked out so well to have both the ceremony and reception in the same location. We chose to have the ceremony by the pond out back, in front of several huge pine trees. Unfortunately one the trees died a few months before the ceremony, but Benkens still made everything look amazing. We cut back on several items for the flowers to save money, but on the day of the ceremony, we discovered Benkens had included the decorative ferns and peace lilies as ceremony decorations anyways. Working with Robin was great, she made everything look beautiful. Benkens worked well with the caterers, and let Funky's take over and run things on the day of. We could not have asked for a beautiful day or more beautiful venue!

Profile Picture User3433166, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

I loved working with Robin! She made absolutely everything perfect. We had planned my bouquet and I changed my mind completely. She didn't mind starting over. I also rented beautiful trees from Benken. Everything was delivered as expected and before I even arrived at my venue. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Rachel , 7/26/14, 10 Reviews
4.7

We had our wedding reception at H.J. Benken. Their greenhouse is beautiful, and we really wanted something different for our venue. They have two options for a reception spot depending on how many people you will have. We needed the larger space which is the patio. From the moment we met with Ashley, their wedding coordinator, we felt so comfortable with her. We met a few times over 8 months and emailed constantly. The nice thing is that with H.J. Benken, you can bring in all of your own vendor which was very important to us. This is a retail store, so it does take a lot of work to get the patio ready for a wedding. The day before the wedding, we had to make a decision to move the reception inside (which Benken was happy to do) or chance it and keep it the way it was. The patio has a slanted roof with gutters. If there is a light or steady rain, it will not get wet. We had to worry about the wind and the rain blowing in from the sides. After talking to them and seeing the space after it had rained ALL DAY the previous day, we decided to keep it out there and chance it. From the downpour the day before, it stayed mostly dry because it wasn't windy so I felt comfortable that it would be ok. I'm so happy I did! They take everything out and power wash the patio. They put plants back around the perimeter of the patio which was so beautiful! The day of, there was no rain and was so pleasant outside for July! H.J. Benken set up everything for me. I dropped everything off a few days before and left notes with everything. Ashley was on maternity leave, so everyone else stepped up and made the day perfect. The only (somewhat) downside was that since they are a florist and greenhouse, you had to use them for your flowers. Don't get me wrong-they are BEAUTIFUL, but are more expensive than other florist. I was so happy with my flowers though. Benken had staff there the whole night for anything we needed. I highly recommend this venue if you want something beautiful and unique!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

This was the easiest part of the wedding planning! Ashley had great suggestions and the flowers were stunning. We stopped by the day before the wedding to view the flowers and they were perfect- certainly helped ease the pre-wedding anxiety. The flowers were so fresh that one of the table arrangements that was transported back to VA to my grandmother was still beautiful 10 days later.

I would highly recommend H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3302932, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.2

The arrangements that were provided were beautiful, however they were much different than I had been expecting. The bowls were silver instead of gold, less roses and more hydrangeas. Though the flowers were beautiful, it just wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Profile Picture User4596760, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

All of our flower arrangements came out beautifully and they were able to take the few flowers I wanted for my bouquet and make it amazing

Profile Picture danielle, 4/20/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

H.J. provided our centerpieces as well as personal flowers for our wedding. The centerpieces were so simple yet so elegant and pretty. The bouquets were gorgeous as well...I wasn't sure what all the flowers we chose would look like together but they turned out great! The colors were so pretty and matched perfectly!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Ashley Nienaber at Benken's was wonderful to work with. She took my ideas and came up with bouquets that were a perfect fit for my style. My flowers were absolutely beautiful and the company was very dependable.

Profile Picture ashley, 11/17/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Not only was Ashley and the HJ Benken team WONDERFUL to work with...they also saved my wedding day! The country club that we took pictures at put my flowers in the refrigerator. The temperature had been turned down from the night before and my bridal bouquet froze and died. Ashley met me at the church just before heading down the aisle with a whole new bridal bouquet that was just as lovely as the original. I would recommend Benken to ANYONE!!!

Profile Picture nanciann, 11/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The flowers H.J. Benken provided for my wedding were absolutely beautiful. It was exactly what I wanted. Their event and wedding coordinator Ashley was extremely helpful and very professional. When my original concept came over budget, she worked with me to create something less expensive, but still just as beautiful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding florist.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I enjoyed the flowers and centerpieces from HJ Benken--they were beautiful. Also, Ashley was very friendly and easy to work with.

Profile Picture User2173416, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Ashley with H.J. Benken is awesome! She was so easy and nice to work with on planning the flowers for our wedding, I wouldn't have wanted anyone else for the job:) Always prompt to respond to crazy questions, she made me feel completely at ease with the flower selections. And my bouquet was amazing! It was the most beautiful bridal bouquet I have seen, went perfectly with the theme of our wedding!!! I would recommend Ashley and H.J. Benken to anyone, they were phenomenal:)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/12/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

H J Benken was our first choice for a florist. Ashely me over at a bridal show with her friendly attitude and helpfulness. They were very flexible with us and made sure we had everything exactly the way we wanted. And our flowers turned out just how I pictured!

Profile Picture User2702649, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

As always, it was a pleasure working with the staff at H. J. Benken Florist and Greenhouse for my daughter's wedding. They captured the look she was going for perfectly. they worked within our budget; their expertise was invaluable. Everyone commented on how loverly the flowers were.I am pleased to recommend them to anyone planning any event.

Profile Picture Mary Beth, 8/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I had a very specific idea of what I wanted for my wedding flowers, and I was blown away with how amazing the flowers were. They were beyond my dreams perfect, and frangrant, and gorgeous! The guests were fighting over who could take them home at the end of the night, and every time people see the wedding pictures they all comment on how beautiful my flowers were. The people at H.J.Benkin were helpful, honest, and they really cared about making my day perfect for me, and they did.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Flowers truly can be the statement of the wedding. I absolutely loved the flowers from Benkens for my 8/13 wedding. I wanted the majority of the flowers to be green and white with some accent colors of pinks and purples. After three meetings with them (all because I kept changing my mind), they truly succeeded with my vision for a garden themed wedding. They even were gracious enough to make the arrangements in my grandma's old vases. Way to go Benkens!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/13/11, 9 Reviews