H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center Reviews

H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 5
H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 6

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful & creative arrangements

The floral arrangements that Robin and her team put together for our wedding were absolutely beautiful, full, and fresh! I provided Robin with a mix of "I want exactly this photo" on some of the arrangements and "I want these general colors.. help me turn this into something beautiful" on others and she delivered perfectly on both levels of detailed requests! Robin is extremely warm and friendly and provides her honest opinion on what will look good / ways to get the most out of your money. On the day of... they delivered to each location on time so I didn't even have to think about flowers until they showed up looking beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend using Benken Florist for your wedding.

Tess · Married on 06/23/2018

Robin was amazing to work with, start to finish! She was responsive, flexible, and helped us create beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres within our limited floral budget. Robin and Benkens also went the extra mile when it comes to event setup for the flowers. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or other event!

H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 7
    H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 8
    H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 9
  • Becki

Becki · Married on 03/30/2018

Robin and the team at HJ Benken's did a great job with our flowers. Since we wanted a "specialty" flower we did not get a chance to see it before the event. Benken's really cane through with a beautiful product. The purple roses were amazing!!
    Robin did a great job listening and understanding our vision. I could not be happier with the bouquet and boutonniere! Thank you so much for helping make our day amazing!

H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 10
    H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 11
    H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center 12

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot even explain how gorgeous my bouquet was and all our centerpieces. Robin and her team knocked it out of the park. The most beautiful bouquet I ever saw and she nailed my vision! Everything was so beautiful and they were so great to work with! The first plan was way over my budget and asked what we could do to cut the plan in half. Robin got me to my budget without sacrificing quality at all or making me feel like I was getting less. I highly recommend.

Megan · Married on 07/07/2017

Going in, I had no idea what I wanted with my flowers but Robin really helped me establish a vision for the ceremony and offered honest advice for everything from ribbon color to rose petals. She was extremely adaptable when I brought in some pieces that I found for the centerpiece and helped me brainstorm ways to make the ceremony and reception decorations truly unique and beautiful. The team at Benkins was prompt in delivery and left us great instructions how to set up the decorations in case the weather changed (and it did) and we had to move to our "plan B" location.

• Betsy

Betsy · Married on 08/27/2016

Thank you to Benken's for such wonderful service! The flowers were beautiful and reasonably priced! I definitely would recommend this company!

Liz · Married on 09/26/2015

Robin and her team exceeded every expectation with my wedding flowers! My bridesmaids bouquets were gorgeous, and my own bouquet was breathtakingly beautiful! The chapel where we got married did not allow for much decoration, but the bouquet on the altar felt like it tied the entire room together, and it looked great with our colors! Our reception centerpieces were perfect as well, and made every single table pop! We could not have been happier with our wedding flowers! The entire H.J. Benken team is outstanding and truly made our wedding day special!

Stephanie · Married on 08/28/2015

I had originally planned on doing my own bouquets and boutineers, but as the wedding got closer, I realized I didn't have the time (or energy!) to do it myself. With only about 5-6 weeks left, I hurriedly met with a few florists. Some were completely overpriced and way over budget and others were not friendly. Then I met with Robin at HJ Benken. She was so nice, understanding and patient. When I received the original proposal, we were slightly off budget-wise, but Robin helped me make a few changes to get us right on budget. That was very appreciated! In the midst of the rush to find a florist, there was a little bit of a miscommunication involving flower colors (probably my fault - like I said, I was in a hurry to find someone!). Robin sent me a text the day before the wedding with a preview of the bouquets. That's when I realized I must have accidentally given the OK for a peachy/orange rose when I really wanted a light pink/blush colored flower. I was worried, but Robin reassured me that it would be OK. And she was right! She quickly changed the orange roses to light pink, and the bouquets were perfect! I couldn't be more impressed or appreciative. I highly recommend going with HJ Benken...even in the midst of chaos, they came through with flying colors.

We used H.J. Benken for our wedding ceremony/reception flowers. I am someone who is not very familiar with flowers. I really needed someone who had a lot of experience to help me pick out what we wanted. I definitely found that at H.J. Benken! Robin helped us during our initial appointment. You could really tell how experienced she was, and she did an excellent job of helping us pick out the flowers that we wanted. The flowers were delivered on time and set up for us the day of. They looked absolutely beautiful! I was very pleased with H.J. Benken and would recommend them for your Wedding Day flower needs!

Saria · Married on 08/01/2015

ROBIN IS SO AWESOME!!!! Robin gave me the bouquet of my dreams. I was a really picky about what I wanted. I wanted something different and unique, which is exactly what she gave. The service there was awesome. She was all about making me happy and giving me everything that I wanted. Next time I need flowers for anything I will definitely be going to her!!!!

Angie · Married on 10/05/2014

Flowers were gorgeous arrived on time. They did follow up to make sure it was perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better florist!

I loved working with Robin! She made absolutely everything perfect. We had planned my bouquet and I changed my mind completely. She didn't mind starting over. I also rented beautiful trees from Benken. Everything was delivered as expected and before I even arrived at my venue. Highly recommended.

This was the easiest part of the wedding planning! Ashley had great suggestions and the flowers were stunning. We stopped by the day before the wedding to view the flowers and they were perfect- certainly helped ease the pre-wedding anxiety. The flowers were so fresh that one of the table arrangements that was transported back to VA to my grandmother was still beautiful 10 days later.

I would highly recommend H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center!

Sent on 06/05/2013

H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center's reply:

Thank you!

Stephanie · Married on 02/23/2013

H.J. provided our centerpieces as well as personal flowers for our wedding. The centerpieces were so simple yet so elegant and pretty. The bouquets were gorgeous as well...I wasn't sure what all the flowers we chose would look like together but they turned out great! The colors were so pretty and matched perfectly!

ashley · Married on 11/17/2012

Ashley Nienaber at Benken's was wonderful to work with. She took my ideas and came up with bouquets that were a perfect fit for my style. My flowers were absolutely beautiful and the company was very dependable.

nanciann · Married on 11/03/2012

Not only was Ashley and the HJ Benken team WONDERFUL to work with...they also saved my wedding day! The country club that we took pictures at put my flowers in the refrigerator. The temperature had been turned down from the night before and my bridal bouquet froze and died. Ashley met me at the church just before heading down the aisle with a whole new bridal bouquet that was just as lovely as the original. I would recommend Benken to ANYONE!!!

Jill · Married on 10/20/2012

The flowers H.J. Benken provided for my wedding were absolutely beautiful. It was exactly what I wanted. Their event and wedding coordinator Ashley was extremely helpful and very professional. When my original concept came over budget, she worked with me to create something less expensive, but still just as beautiful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding florist.

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2012

Ashley with H.J. Benken is awesome! She was so easy and nice to work with on planning the flowers for our wedding, I wouldn't have wanted anyone else for the job:) Always prompt to respond to crazy questions, she made me feel completely at ease with the flower selections. And my bouquet was amazing! It was the most beautiful bridal bouquet I have seen, went perfectly with the theme of our wedding!!! I would recommend Ashley and H.J. Benken to anyone, they were phenomenal:)

H J Benken was our first choice for a florist. Ashely me over at a bridal show with her friendly attitude and helpfulness. They were very flexible with us and made sure we had everything exactly the way we wanted. And our flowers turned out just how I pictured!

Mary Beth · Married on 08/04/2012

As always, it was a pleasure working with the staff at H. J. Benken Florist and Greenhouse for my daughter's wedding. They captured the look she was going for perfectly. they worked within our budget; their expertise was invaluable. Everyone commented on how loverly the flowers were.I am pleased to recommend them to anyone planning any event.

Heather · Married on 05/05/2012

I had a very specific idea of what I wanted for my wedding flowers, and I was blown away with how amazing the flowers were. They were beyond my dreams perfect, and frangrant, and gorgeous! The guests were fighting over who could take them home at the end of the night, and every time people see the wedding pictures they all comment on how beautiful my flowers were. The people at H.J.Benkin were helpful, honest, and they really cared about making my day perfect for me, and they did.

Bonnie · Married on 04/16/2011

Jeff Green with Benken's is awesome at what he does. I basically just had to tell him my colors and he created the most amazing bouquets. His creativity and talent is like nothing I have ever seen at any other wedding I have ever been to or a part of. I highly recommend Jeff as well as Benken's for a wedding/special event florist.

Maggie · Married on 11/13/2010

Jeff Green at Benkens was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was able to coordinate with me (the bride) being out of town and my mom doing a lot of the legwork in Cincinnati. I had a vision of using trees for centerpieces at the reception and creating a woodland motif and Jeff truly made it come alive. And the flowers were classic, elegant and exactly what I had envisioned! Thanks again, Jeff!

carole · Married on 03/06/2010

We used Jeffrey Greene not only for the flowers...spectacular, but also his expertise to plan so much of the day. My daughter, the bride, kept telling me for months before the wedding that she would not be able to do this without Jeffrey's help. Jeffrey was also the day of coordinator. Now I realize things happen at weddings...but Jeffrey made sure we weren't aware or experience any glitches. This was the easiest planning of, and wedding day ever! All we did was thoroughly enjoy the day! Thanks Jeffrey...pure artistry!

danielle · Married on 04/20/2013

All of our flower arrangements came out beautifully and they were able to take the few flowers I wanted for my bouquet and make it amazing