Gyros String Quartet Reviews

9 | Dallas, TX

9 Reviews for Gyros String Quartet

We had a great experience with Gyros String Quartet and had so many compliments at our wedding ceremony. They played exactly what we wanted and were quick to respond to emails. They were absolutely phenomenal! Thank you for making our wedding so wonderful! We hope to use them in the future for other events.

Sent on 01/08/2016

Gyros String Quartet did an excellent job at our wedding ceremony. Gary Schnitzer on lead violin was amazing! They even learned a new song specifically for our wedding! I definitely recommend using them!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Kristin · Married on 12/29/2012

Our music was absolutely beautiful! We couldn't have been more satisified. If you are looking for classy and beautiful music, please consider using the Gyros String Quartet!

Sent on 01/31/2013

If I could give more stars, I would! I'm a bit of a control freak and a perfectionist, but I didn't want to be disappointed with my wedding day. So, I decided I would give those involved my vision and let them do their thing! That way I would have no expectations and therefore could not be disappointed! My neurologist said if it worked, I was a genius! I wouldn't go quite that far, but let me tell you, it worked! I emailed several different quartets the exact same info. Norbert, of Gyros, was the only one to respond by saying he had listened to the CD I referenced and had some ideas. I was sold! It was uphill from there! Watching the wedding video, the music brings tears to my eyes. It's simply beautiful! And they added so much to the day!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Stacy · Married on 02/13/2009

Norbert was highly professional and he and his quartet did an amazing job! We had two songs transcribed for strings especially for our ceremony and they played them beautifully! I was overwhelmed walking down the aisle to the song we had chose to be transcribed. It was played beyond my expectations. We received many compliments from family and friends on their music throughout the ceremony. Worth the money if you want a string quartet!

Sent on 02/21/2009

Shannon · Married on 01/27/2007

Gyros String Quartet was absolutely wonderful to work with. The quartet leader, Norbert, was always pleasant to speak with, helpful when trying to pick the music and easily worked with me to fit my budget. They were very professional the day of the wedding and played beautifully.

If I ever recreate my wedding, I hope I can use them again.

Sent on 11/26/2007

Morgan · Married on 05/25/2008

We knew we wanted a string quartet and we got the very best in Dallas. Gyros sounded, looked and played wonderfully. They have a huge library to choose from and they were on time, played great and were well priced. I would book them again!

Sent on 08/20/2008

Marti · Married on 03/21/2009

They did a fantastic job at my wedding. I gave minimal direction and was very pleased with the selections they chose for the prelude selections. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/25/2009

1.0

We had some special requests for music to be played during the ceremony and found them to be very inflexible and hard to work with. We also felt the quality of their playing did not match their price nor stated experience.

Sent on 12/25/2012

Gyros String Quartet's reply:

Always interesting how the same event can be experienced so differently on either side of the argument.
    From our perspective it must be said that we have actually never encountered a more obsessive, micro-managing and at times rude groom, who would have stretched Mother Teresa's patience.

Still, despite and because of these difficult circumstances, we tried our absolute best to give full attention, time and effort - indeed way beyond the call of duty. Many of our colleagues in the industry actually suggested not working with this client. In hindsight, perhaps we should have listened to their advice.