Guthrie Theater Reviews

Guthrie Theater 1
Guthrie Theater 2
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 12/13/2014

Our wedding ceremony and reception were held at the Guthrie in the Pohlad Lobby and Dowling Studio. After our initial visit we knew the space captured the feeling and 'wow' factor we were looking for in an event space for our wedding. We worked with Karen for over a year finalizing all the details - she was extremely helpful, responsive, and worked with us to create a very unique and special event. The day of the wedding Karen and her team made sure everything was executed as planned - it was everything we wanted and more.

Sent on 01/07/2015

My Mother worked with Sarah Gullickson, who was an absolute dear, to find some unique props for my "Phantom of the Opera" themed wedding. Sarah found the most incredible candelabras that set the mood perfectly at the reception hall. If only the Phantom himself could have been there :D

Sent on 11/08/2014
  • Y

Yer · Married on 11/11/2011

We just wanted to let you know that we couldn’t have been happier to have been married at the Guthrie but more because the lady who was coordinating our wedding made us both feel very special and took all the stress out of our "special day."

In this day in age, it's almost impossible to find people who really care about their customers. So many people seem to just go to work for their paychecks, but Sarah really put your heart into it.

I recommend everybody who look forward to getting married to do it at the Guthrie.

Sent on 12/06/2011

We had an amazing experience with the Guthrie for our reception. There was unfortunately some staff turnover during the planning process but Luke kept us on track all the way until the end. Extremely professional group of people, beautiful set up, delicious food and friendly floor staff. Only complaint is at the end of the night, we were looking for a little more direction with the clean up. Otherwise amazing experience. I highly recommend the Guthrie!

Sent on 08/20/2015
  • Miss to Mrs

Tammy · Married on 10/03/2009

4.2
      2.5

This is a beautiful location. They helped with all the guest and made it an easy process on the day of the wedding. They only complaint I have is in the process of booking the wedding it was very difficult to get a hold of the cordinator and get answers to our questions.

Sent on 10/05/2009
  • Meredith

Meredith Ellison · Married on 12/31/2018

2.0
      3.0

Great venue, service could be improved

The Guthrie Theater is an obviously beautiful venue! The catering was easy to deal with, however, did not go very smooth on the day of the wedding (meal was served late, some people didn't get served appetizers). Production appeared easy to work with also, except for our bill at the end was double what they told us it was going to be. Their coordinator was new and didn't really seem to know much about planning a wedding. They also told us a few weeks prior to the wedding that all the doors would be locked and we would need to let people in/out of the venue. That did eventually get resolved. All in all, the venue was beautiful but their customer service could easily be improved. We had to do a lot of "fighting" for ourselves and that made it a lot more stressful than it needed to be.

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Guthrie Theater 3
    Guthrie Theater 4
  • User2721980 · 2+ years ago

1.6
      2.0
      1.0

I reserved the Endless Bridge for my wedding. The location was gorgeous, but the service was not so great. I paid to reserve the space for 2 hours and after the ceremony was over, which was only about an hour into the reservaton, I was asked on several occasions when we would be done so other people could use the space. Eventually the staff just let the public enter before my 2 hours was up and before we had finished taking pictures. I was also told there would be an ipod dock to play my music for the ceremony and there was, but it didn't work. Good thing I brought my own just in case!

Sent on 10/18/2012