Gunpowder Soup Reviews

40 | San Antonio, TX

40 Reviews for Gunpowder Soup

Alyssa · Married on 09/28/2013

Gunpowder Soup is a wonderful band that is willing to work with you. They performed at the reception on our wedding in Boerne, Texas, and did a great job. They were professionally dressed, easy to work with, made all of our announcements throughout the night, kept the crowd entertained, and had great music! I strongly suggest using them as your band!

Sent on 10/10/2013

We love Gunpowder Soup - these guys are awesome! The dance floor at our reception was packed all night long. Such a great value, we'd definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Tanisha · event on: 07/27/2013

Our event was a fundraiser for The Military Warriors Support Foundation and we hired Gun Powder Soup as our band. They were amazing! Not only were they a great band that played several different genres but they were the coolest people! We had them set up outside and of course facing the direction of the sun coming down... They didn't complain once! They all just put on their sunglasses and put on a great show! They really got the crowd involved in their performance by having me play the cow bell, my husband and I to sing as we'll as our friends! Everyone loved that! Gun Powder Soup is a fantastic band!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Cindy · Married on 07/20/2013

Gunpowder Soup played for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. They were wonderful! They played wonderful music all night. They had a box of musical instruments for the children, incouraged singers from the group. Everyone loved them! Wonderful people. We could not have asked for more!

Sent on 07/23/2013
  • User3198822 · 2+ years ago

Gunpowder Soup was so amazing! Night before, I asked them to download 2 songs for the wedding and they did it without asking for an additional fee. 2 hours before the wedding, i asked them to download two more dance songs for the first dance and they did so without question!!! WOW... they DJ'd during the break for the kids to dance and they made everything so easy! They were so easy to work with and i would definantly hire them again for any party

Sent on 04/15/2013

Marty · Married on 03/08/2013

Gunpowder Soup was a great band who played recently for our convention in San Antonio. They had everyone up and dancing - so all had a good time! They "played" to our group and knew how to keep them on the dance floor.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Brittany · Married on 11/03/2012

Gunpowder Soup played great songs all evening. They were the highlight of my reception. Fabulous job! They made my night very memorable.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Gunpowder Soup - Thank you so much for playing music for us and our guests on our special day. Youall set the tone for exactly what we wanted. You were very good and we cannot thank you enough.

Steven and Sarah Posey, San Antonio, Texas

Sent on 01/04/2013

"I hired Gunpowder Soup to play for my wedding at Wayne Wright’s ranch. They were my first choice as a band and I’m glad they were available. They were (and are) fabulous!”
    -Alex Miller, Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas

Sent on 11/27/2012

Kristin · Married on 04/21/2012

Thank you guys again for helping to make our wedding day even more memorable. Everyone had a great time (I have the video to prove it!) We really feel like we got our money's worth, and that's nice because every penny saved is great when starting a new family. Thanks again!

-Kristin and Chris

Sent on 02/17/2013

Caroline · event on: 02/08/2013

We have used the band several years and have been completely satisfied and have asked them back. They have a great sound, great singers and can play anything. Ours is a non profit fund raiser and we have all ages at the party. Great band to dance to and they get in with the crowd.

Sent on 02/13/2013

"Gunpowder soup did an awesome job at our wedding. They sang 2 songs for the service and then played dance music for the reception. They are amazing. Great music, great personality and lots of fun. Thank you Gunpowder Soup for everything."

Kelly & Cathy Howell

Sent on 12/01/2012

Chesalon · Married on 03/10/2012

I asked Gunpowder Soup to play a BBQ for our rehearsal dinner and then the cocktail hour the next day. Jeanine answered emails incredibly quickly and was more than helpful with all questions and requests. Our guests had a blast, but be warned – they will require you to sing and dance with them!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Bob · event on: 02/08/2013

Gunpowder Soup did an awesome job at our company party. I will definitely hire them again!

Sent on 02/13/2013

Great job!! I'd recommend them for anybody looking to have a fun and great music at their get together.

Sent on 01/07/2016