Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers Reviews

91 Reviews for Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers

1 User photo

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers 1

Hope · Married on 01/21/2012

We booked GWCTD for our wedding after the groom and I did a taste test of the buffet options. Everything was great and we were impressed with their friendliness and professionalism. They also are a GREAT value compared to other caterers.
    We got tons of compliments on the food from wedding guests. They also packed up the leftovers for us to take home, and sent 2 servings of everything (including wedding cake!) with the groom and I when we left for our hotel that night. What a nice surprise! The only thing is some of the side items were a little different that when we had sampled at our tasting.
    They were always punctual and patient with me and my million emails. I only gave them a 4.5 on service because my mom seemed to have some issues with them when it was closer to the wedding. She said someone was rude on the phone and it seems disorganized. And they also charged her card over $700 for some "missed charges."
    BUT, overall, I was very happy with them and didn't have any issues, and I was the one primarily communicating with them.
    I would def book them for your event! Also, our venue was very picky about who they would allow for catering, but they were more than happy to work with this company.

Sent on 03/07/2012

Michael · Married on 09/29/2017

From the moment we did our tasting, we knew that GWCTDC was going to be the caterer for our wedding. The food tasted absolutely amazing and the drinks that we provided to them prior to the wedding were brought to the venue (we had a lot!). Taryn was very nice, responsive, and flexible with all of our changes. If you want great tasting food and awesome service, please give them a try!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Joyce · Married on 11/19/2016

great caterer, food was wonderful! servers excellent! only thing I would say is, we went with chicken and beef fajitas, guacamole and toss salad was very, very heavy on the onions. So at taste testing make sure if that is an issue for you to note that and revisit about it the week of your wedding. Would we recommend Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? YES!! We loved working with them and people did enjoy the food. : )

Sent on 11/29/2016

Cassie · Married on 01/22/2011

Food was delicious and the catering was wonderful! Very professional and helpful at all costs!

Sent on 03/24/2011

Emily · Married on 03/16/2008

3.5

I was so happy that I went with Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. I had a few appointments with other caterers that did not feel very professional or inviting and new right away that this was the vendor for me. I worked with Stephanie who is very knowledgable about the business. She was wonderful about alway easing our minds through the process and taking the stress and burden off of us. She let us bring everything we needed for the wedding to them the week of the wedding so we didn't have to worry about it the day of. She kept saying, "the more I can be responsible for and help with, the less you have to stress out about it." That is so refreshing to hear! They walked us through the entire process, met with us at the venue before hand to hash out the details. The wedding itself went so smoothly. I could not have been more pleased. The guests loved the service and the food.

Sent on 04/28/2008
  • Z

Anne · Married on 05/06/2017

3.5

Work with Taryn! She assisted us in making the right decisions on food, decorations, and set up. The company allowed us to provide our alcohol which saved a ton of money.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Marina · event on 05/01/2016

Guess catered our annual school banquet and the food was good. Working with Taryn was easy and she always responded quickly, She made a great suggestion with the linens which made our banquet look so beautiful. The serving staff was very professional.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Adam · Married on 04/09/2016

Wasn't a wedding, but a School Auction, but would totally use them without a doubt for a wedding. Really an excellent company and good food.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Food was great and they really work with you to get the best price on everything.

Sent on 11/18/2015
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/05/2011

I love working with Guess Who's Comming to Dinner. I have used them several times before for compnay events and they have always been wonderful and timely. The quality of food it top shelf but not expensive. I highly recoment them to you!!!!!

Sent on 12/01/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2014

4.2
      2.5

I was a little frustrated at first when communicating via email and not getting a timely (2+ business days) response. It did create concern for me on how things would be handled on our wedding day but communication improved as the wedding day got closer. There was a misunderstanding on me providing plates/cups/serving-ware but Kate worked with the owner to make it work and in the end did the right thing and provided great customer service to a stressed/concerned bride. The staff on site the night of the wedding were all great, very friendly and approachable. Overall I would say I was a bit concerned at first after hiring GWCTD but in the end I was happy and thought the staff did a great job.

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 10/29/2010

4.2
      3.5

The food is great, however one of our veggies wasn't exactly what we discussed or what we sampled, so that was disappointed...but it all tasted good. They also wrapped everything up for us and had it available to take home at the end of the night. They also allowed us to bring in our alcohol early and got it ready for the night. I had some problems early on getting responses from my contact, however once I spoke with another representative, I was able to get feedback quickly from that person.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Courtney · Married on 08/01/2008

3.5

Very easy to work with. They were flexible and worked with me to achieve a nice buffet with food I liked that was within my budget.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Carmen · Married on 04/16/2011

3.4
      3.5

For the most part everything was great. Food was delicious and exactly what we wanted. We paid the deposit when we decided on them and then before the first payment was due, we went ahead and paid it in full. A couple weeks later, we received a call saying that our first 1/2 payment was due. I told them we went ahead and paid in full and they finally realized/found our payment. Several days before our wedding, they called for the rest of the details and information about the wedding. The girl said she would email me with the details that we just talked about but never received the email. For our wedding, we brought our own alcohol which included several cases of beer, several bottles of wine, liquor, and champagne. Monday when the leftover alcohol and gifts could be picked up, there were SEVERAL bottles of wine that were open but completely full. The bartenders/caterers opened every bottle of wine even though they were not needed and we had to throw out every bottle. I sent an email with the receipt and picture of the bottles that I personally threw out (some were already thrown out while we were on our honeymoon). They did not respond so my husband called and they sent a check for $59 to cover what I had mentioned what was thrown out. We paid a lot to have caterers/bartenders and paid tip on top of that so you would expect something better. It would have been nice to get a little more back since we threw out more than what was pictured but I guess it's better than nothing. Overall, food was great!

Sent on 04/29/2011

2.0
      1.5

Food and service was good. We did, however, experience an embarrassing incident at the end of the evening when the bartenders loaded the left-over beer and wine into an unauthorized vehicle. Our contract clearly indicated who was to receive the beer and wine at the end of the evening, but Fabian and crew neglected to pay attention to that particular detail. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner also "misplaced" my daughter's wedding cake topper. Sadly, whomever from the catering staff was in charge of boxing up the top layer of wedding cake neglected to include the topper. The company's lack of an apology or responsibility for either lapse has us questioning their professionalism and courtesy ... leaving a very bad taste in our mouths.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers's reply:

I'm sorry there was miscommunication and that our staff was misdirected to which vehicle was yours. We always try our best to be helpful at the end of the evening and as a courtesy help the family get everything loaded. We are sorry for any embarrassment we may have caused. That certainly was not our intention.

2.0
      2.5
      3.0

The food was great, the service was horrible. A lot of our guests commented that food was taken away before it had been eaten. While guests were dancing, their tables (drinks, cake, favors) were cleared off of the table. The waiters came to me (the bride) and asked me a bunch of questions during the reception when they were instructed to talk to the wedding planner.

Sent on 01/21/2014