Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers Reviews

91 | Dallas, TX

91 Reviews for Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers

1 User photo

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers 1

Andrea worked with us from the very beginning and brought an excellent team to the venue for our reception. Initially, we chose GWCTD because of competitive pricing, but they were a joy to work with, too. They were professional, very skilled and practically invisible during the event! They worked with us to provide specific food offerings to compliment the theme and provided constant updates to make sure we were all on the same page. Our celebration was a great success thanks to the great food and folks at GWCTD!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Katie · Married on 05/04/2013

We were so happy with Guess Who's Coming to Dinner! They were so knowledgeable about our venue (Richardson Woman's Club) and everything was seamless. We really liked the food and our guests were talking about how delicious everything was. They helped us get all of the leftover drinks, etc, in the car afterwards and packed us a to-go meal. We couldn't have been happier with them!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Valerie · Married on 04/13/2013

I used GWCTD as my caterer for my April 13th wedding. I LOVED them! They were a fantastic price, willing to work with all my wants and they let us bring our own alcohol that they served! Justin was our party captain and I would 100% recommend him - he was so attentive to the groom and I during the party and helped to make sure we were having a good time. The food was also a hit - the spinach artichoke dip got rave reviews from everyone! I would absolutely use these guys whenever I have another catering need!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Kim · Married on 02/26/2012

Excellent food, very professional, neatly dressed servers/bartenders, etc. Food was good, plenty of it, & hot! Rave reviews from family & friends about the food! Loved that they made food up for the bride & groom to take with them to their hotel. Extra food was sent home with us. Easy to work with & will definitely use them again when we have another function!

Sent on 03/14/2012
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/06/2010

Friendly and great food! They were on time and the food was great. The presentation of our buffet was top notch and they kept our glasses full all night! Highly recommend using them!

Sent on 12/05/2010

Alice-Anne · Married on 08/06/2010

Food was GREAT! Very easy to work with and professional. We had a buffet for about 250 guests and the food was warm and really good!

Sent on 01/28/2011

Jason · Married on 06/12/2010

We had a ton of compliments on the dinner and were very pleased with the display and variety provided on the fajita buffet. The whole staff was a pleasure to work with and met every request that we had. The catering staff also boxed up all the leftover food and cake for our families to take home. It was a great dinner for a couple of nights after we returned from our honeymoon.

Sent on 09/22/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/30/2010

We had such a positive experience with Guess Who's Coming to Dinner! We selected them to be our caterer at our daughter's wedding at Old Red Courthouse. The minute we met Stephanie, we knew we were in the right place and that everything would be PERFECT! We were NOT disappointed! She helped us create a fabulous buffet, gave us TONS of advice, helped us with custom linens and chairs (the list goes on and on!) She really helped my husband and me feel at ease and she was very respectful of our budget. The food was my husband's "baby" and his favorite part of the wedding! Stephanie really went above and beyond for our wedding...she was at Old Red to meet vendors, she coordinated with everyone, she made sure it was absolutely everything we wanted on that wedding day! We had so many great comments about the food--that it was really delicious (we agree!). If we had to do it over again, we would work with GWCD and Stephanie and duplicate it! She took such an interest in our family and our wedding and we feel like we made a friend, as well as worked with a highly organized, professional, and creative caterer. Wow! I can't say enough about our experience, except we were truly blessed to have GWCD and Stephanie to provide the most fabulous, delicious experience! Thanks, Stephanie, for going WAY above and beyond in every way. We certainly appreciate you and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner!!!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Elise · Married on 11/21/2009

We were very pleased with the quality and cost of Guess Who's Coming To Dinner catering. The staff, especially Stephanie, was very sweet and helpful. Everyone at our wedding loved the variety and taste of the food. They even set up a special table of food for the wedding party to grab a bite to eat after the ceremony. I would recommend them to anyone and will use them again in the future!

Sent on 12/30/2009

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2009

Beyond fantastic food. Very professional. On time. Efficient. Takes care of everything but somehow rarely seen. I could go on and on. We were on a TIGHT budget. Our contact person helped us figure out how to get what we wanted within our budget. Like I said. The food is awesome! How many weddings do you go to that actually has fab food? We also got two "to go" meals for the hotel later.

Sent on 11/07/2009
  • CTorres

Crystal · Married on 11/08/2008

Great value!! Did a lot of researching and pricing. They were the best value around.
    And the food was beyond good. It was amazing!!
    Stephanie was our party captain and she took care of everything. I didnt have to worry about anything but having fun! She kept us on schedule and worked with the dj to help guide the flow of the night.
    And when my brother-in-law (obviously drunk as a skunk) gave an awkward toast, she made sure that no more toasts were made without my ok!
    We even got 2 to-go plates to take to the hotel with us which was wonderful because we didnt have time to eat!

They helped to set up the reception area and did so much more than I thought a caterer would do. It was an amazing night and I know that without GWCD and Stephanie it wouldnt have been what it was.
    My friend used them for her wedding a month after mine, and she felt the same way. And my cousin is using them in October!

Sent on 05/12/2009
  • F

ashley · Married on 07/03/2008

Wonderful food and great service. Very easy transaction!

Sent on 07/16/2008

Katie · Married on 05/26/2007

Staff went above and beyond to make the day wonderful. Food was delicious--people are still talking about it a year later (especially the zucchini au gratin)! Presentation was nice and price was very reasonable. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/05/2008

Courtney · Married on 12/17/2016

GWCTD Caterers were WONDERFUL!! At my wedding, we used them for both our food and our bartenders. They went above and beyond for our guests, as well as provided some amazing food! My only tiny complaint is that we had changed a side on the menu a month beforehand and the change did not make it to the day of.. It was a minor thing so I would still absolutely recommend Guess Who's to anyone!! The staff members were so professional, as well as super fun! Taryn was great to work with and very responsive! Loved our experience!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Holli · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I had GWCTD cater our wedding this past weekend, and the food was absolutely delicious! We chose the Italian buffet menu with chicken parmesan and the 5 cheese pasta. Everything was perfect, and on top of that they had food waiting for my husband and I, so we could eat our entire meal before having to get up and greet all the guests. We cannot thank them enough for their fantastic service. We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Molly · event on 01/29/2016

I used this vendor for an organization's annual awards banquet. They were so easy to work with and made the night run so smoothly. Anytime I needed anything, the staff was right there and happy to accommodate. Halfway through the night I commented "I hope the food is good because the service is outstanding and I'd like to use them again!" Sure enough, the food was delicious. We will be using them again!

Sent on 02/04/2016

B · Married on 05/31/2014

Guess Who provided an absolutely delicious dinner buffet for our wedding of about 180 people. I would highly, highly recommend them. They created a fantastic all-vegan menu and were extremely flexible to suggestions from us (since this was, I believe, their first vegan wedding). We had ratatouille tartlets and lentil soup shooters for cocktail hour. Dinner was a buffet of: strawberry, tofu, pecan salad (with a berry vinaigrette), lentil loaf with mushroom gravy, spaghetti squash tacos, leek mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, quesadillas (with non-dairy cheese), and rolls with vegan butter. Most people didn't know it was all vegan and, quite frankly, weren't able to tell either!! We got numerous compliments on the food at our wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Tiffany · Married on 03/07/2014

Outstanding job done at my wedding on Friday, march 7, 2014. The displays were beautiful, the food was great, I highly recommend the mashtini station. Andrea Holmes was awesome

Sent on 03/10/2014

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers's reply:

Thank you Tiffany! We really enjoyed working with you for your wedding at The Cotton Mill in McKinney!

d · Married on 11/14/2009

The service and staff was great! They were asked us and my family if there was anything that we needed or that they could help with. When the event was over they packaged a take home dinner for us and also boxed up all the leftovers! Food was great also!!

Sent on 11/15/2009

Ryan · Married on 10/13/2018

Great food and service at very reasonable pricing

I'm so glad we found these guys. Their food was quite good and very affordable. Daniella and the others we worked with were very responsive and made the experience very pleasurable. I would highly recommend them for weddings and other events.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Megan · Married on 05/07/2016

The food was fabulous and everything was so gorgeous. Great value and Taryn was amazing to work with! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/23/2017

The food was excellent, service was very professional. All waiters were cordial, responsive and extremely helpful when asked for assistance outside of the kitchen! Our organization will definitely use them again.

Sent on 04/04/2016

We chose GWCTD based on 2 recommendations and are very happy with our choice. It was a little frustrating that my main contact changed twice during the process (because the previous 2 no longer worked with the company). But everything turned out fine and each girl did a great job going over the notes and special requests with me each time. The gouda mac & cheese was the biggest hit and they did a fantastic job packing up our to-go meal.

Sent on 12/08/2014

We were very pleased overall with Guess Who's Coming To Dinner. The only thing I would change is the team was so efficient that the minute someone walked away from their table to visit or dance, their drink was taken away. Three times I got a glass of water, drank a few sips from it, set it down at my place to go dance, only to return after the song and the water had been taken away. Otherwise, everything was great! Thank you helping make our daughter's wedding so memorable!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our catering services and will speak to our staff about clearing the glassware away too quickly!

Everyone loved the food at our wedding! Only complaint would be they told us too many napkins to purchase so now we have almost 300 left over!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner Caterers's reply:

Thank you for the review! We are so glad you and your guest enjoyed our catering services!