Groove Place Dance Horn Band Reviews

Groove Place Dance Horn Band 2
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 3
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 4
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 5

Groove Place has a special place in my heart for two reasons... First, they played for Brother's wedding and completely brought everyone to their feet and on the floor. Secondly, we had the privilege of having them play my wedding at HollyHedge Estate!

Groove Place is an amazing ten piece horn band, who can (and will) play any song under the sun, and will do so to perfection. We also hired them to do a 3-piece jazz ensemble for our cocktail hour, which added even more musical fun, especially since they played on a balcony over-looking the courtyard. During the reception, people were not even eating their dinners right away, but were going on the floor to dance. As soon as the parent dances were over, everyone jumped right onto the floor, and it stayed that way through the rest of the night. People were sad when the night was over!

Dana will listen very carefully to what you say as you plan the night out, and will deliver everything as promised. They do a wonderful job with master of ceremonies duties. I cannot say enough, and neither could our guests, as all loved the night and all the great dancing Groove Place brought to our wedding! They will also do ancillary requests, like providing a mic and speaker for the ceremony, if it is on-site.

Highly recommend Groove Place for your big day!!!

Sent on 09/14/2014

We hired Groove Place to play for my daughter's wedding at our home in MD. We traveled to PA to listen to them last fall, and from the moment we heard the brass section, we were hooked. The female vocalist and the male vocalist were outstanding. Dana, the manager, was personable, flexible, and very cooperative.
    Our family and friends love to dance, so having the right band was very important to us. All of our guests raved about Groove Place. The dance floor was packed the entire evening, The newlyweds rarely left the dance floor; our daughter did come over to us in the middle of one song just to tell us how supremely happy she was!
    At one point in the evening, we had a severe storm. Water poured in the tent, and the band was unable to use any electrical equipment. The horn section kept playing while we brought towels to mop up the water. No one in the band complained, and as soon as the storm passed, Groove Place had the place jumping again.
    If you love to dance, you cannot go wrong with Groove Place. We are all racking our brains to think of an excuse to have them here again as soon as possible!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Katie · Married on 09/06/2014

Groove Place was awesome!!!! Our dance floor was packed all night and our guests raved about them. They even stuck it out through a crazy thunderstorm. They were super flexible and even learned some songs that my family specifically requested. We want to have another wedding just to have Groove Place again!!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Matt · Married on 08/22/2014

We had a 250 person wedding. People were dancing from the beginning to the end and everyone had a blast. Strongly recommend these guys!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Thomas · Married on 08/22/2014

Groove Place was absolutely the perfect band for my daughters wedding. They are highly professional, friendly and very easy to work with, and they have created a fantastic band with a group of highly talented musicians. Groove Place had 90% of our 245 guests on the dance floor for all four hours. The only time there were more guests at the tables rather than the dance floor, was during the actual meal. As the father of the bride, I danced right through the cutting of the cake!!! Holy smokes. I would recommend Groove Place to anyone for a wedding or any event for that matter. Not only did they have us dancing the night away, they are so good, we felt as though we were at a concert. I'm going to simply make up an event in the near future, just so we can hear them again.

Sincerely ,

Thomas E. Hall, Founder/ CEO
    Cardio-Kinetics, Inc
    Newark, DE

Sent on 08/29/2014

Austin · Married on 08/09/2014

Start to finish, we had a great experience with Groove Place. The band leader was very responsive through the booking and planning stages, and their performance at the wedding was amazing. The music always fit the mood of what was going on at the time, from cocktail hour through dinner and then everybody danced the night away. All night our guests couldn't stop talking about how great they were.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Matthew · Married on 08/08/2014

The band was very professional. Easy to work with. They did a tremendous job at wedding with the songs they played, their music ability, and handling the bridal party entrances. They also had our guests dancing the whole night. All of guests enjoyed their performance and we had other engaged couples asking about the band. I would strongly recommend Groove Place.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Gwynne · Married on 07/25/2014

Groove Place was amazing! They kept our dance floor filled, and all of our guests were raving about them. They made our reception! Dana was fabulous to work with, and the band even allowed one of my best friends to perform with them as her gift to us! I cannot say enough good things about this group of people - they were awesome, and I recommend them to anyone who wants an amazing live band for their event!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Rebecca · Married on 07/12/2014

We had a wonderful time working with Dana and Groove Place! Every single guest at the wedding commented at how wonderful the band was at the reception. We, and our families, received phone calls, texts, and e-mails raving how great they were! They were even willing to learn a new song for us to play at the reception. In a heartbeat we would recommend Groove Place to anyone having a wedding or big party!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Joy · Married on 07/04/2014

One thing that I was certain of while planning my wedding was that I wanted a live band to perform during the reception. One of the first things my husband and I did were scout the options-- we went to various showcases and scoured the internet. We listened to about 10 different groups perform and decided to go with Groove Place. From day one, the band leader Dana was excellent to communicate with, responded promptly to emails, requests, etc. We skyped with Dana about a month prior to the wedding, went through our "gotta have it" list of songs. The band learned our entrance song (Bad Case of Lovin' You) and KILLED IT! The male lead singer did a fabulous job MCing. From the moment the band started the reception was electric! The dance floor was filled with not only the 30 something crowd, but our parents and family friends of all ages were non-stop on the dance floor! (We even had so many people up at one point, people were dancing on the carpeted areas surrounding the dance floor.) From your classic Sinatra standards, to 80s rock, to Top 40 hits they continually nailed every number. We had one couple, who weren't really the dancing type, stay to the end and tell us they were sticking around because they were enjoying the show. A versatile 11-piece horn band with two amazing lead singers and a great vibe-- you will not be disappointed! We had so many people comment on how awesome the band was and how they made this one of the best weddings ever! (To which I agree--I'm not biased at all on that note.) We highly recommend Groove Place!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2014

Absolutely awesome band! We used them for our wedding last weekend, and they were better than we ever could have imagined. Everyone raved about them. Not only did they put on a fabulous show, they were also very easy to work with and totally understood the vibe we were going for. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Joe · Married on 06/07/2014

Groove Place played for my daughter's wedding and they were fabulous. They learned a new song that we requested for our father/daughter dance and played it beautifully; it's a memory that will truly last a lifetime. Everything they played was excellent, and they kept the dance floor full for the entire evening. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Gina · Married on 06/07/2014

We got married in June of this year so this review is coming a little late after finally getting back into real life and organized after an amazing wedding. Groove Place was absolutely perfect for our wedding band! They were such a pleasure to work with and were so quick to respond to any questions or ideas I had throughout the planning process. When my husband and I went to their showcase in search of our wedding band we made a deal in the car that we weren't going to book the first band that we saw...Well, we broke our own promise and were blown away by their talent; vocals, energy and professionalism the first night at their showcase. We got back into the car afterwards and my husband turned to me and said, "I want that band for our wedding" to which I immediately replied, "Done!"

They are very reasonably priced and their music and entertainment was amazing! They learned a new song for my first dance with my dad, no problem, and made it so special. They had great suggestions of their own too. I surprised my husband with a zombie grooms cake and they came up with the idea of playing "Thriller" to go with the zombie theme! It was a huge hit! There was so much energy and our entire wedding was on the dance floor the whole time. We actually extended the night because we were having so much fun and no one wanted to go home!

I would highly recommend Groove Place to any bride looking for a wedding band that wants her guests to be comfortable and dance the night away! All of our guests were and still are raving about their wide range of musical genre ability. Throughout the night they played music that all of our guests could enjoy which meant the most to my husband and I. I can't say enough great things about this band except I wish we could do it all over again and re-play that night again.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Mel · Married on 05/25/2014

Dana (the band leader) and the rest of the Groove Place band are the best decision you will make for your wedding! They were very fun to work with and learned new songs for us, including our first dance. They are extremely talented! They were a great value compared to the other bands out there too.

Every guest at our wedding was raving about Groove Place! Everyone was dancing for the entire wedding- all age groups! We loved how the horn band came out on the dance floor for a rendition of "Love Train." They really made our wedding special!!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/24/2014

Groove Place is the best band in the world!!!! They performed at my wedding just last night and my guests could not stop talking about them!!!! I overheard some family friends say they literally felt like they were at a concert!!! We were on the dance floor all night because of them!!!! Jamie and Bobby have phenominal voices, and Dana the band leader, was so much fun to work with!!! Please consider this band for your event; you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 05/25/2014
  • User3441999 · 2+ years ago

Groove Place was such a huge success on our wedding night. I am writing this 3 weeks after our wedding night and we are still receiving so many rave reviews about the band! Dana and the rest of the band were so responsive to our requests and certainly had an incredible feel for the energy of the reception. Groove Place was rocking all night long and had the dance floor packed the entire time.

I am so very happy we chose Groove Place--could not imagine going any other direction! What a value. Thanks Groove Place!!!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/03/2014

We were absolutely blown away by Groove Place. I don't think we could have asked for anyone better to get our family and friends on the dance floor--and keep them there--for our ENTIRE wedding reception. Dana and his crew were simply phenomenal. They learned a song especially for our first dance, took our suggestions for what to play while they were on their break, and even played "Happy Birthday" for my cousin who turned 21 on our wedding day. They are true professionals, and will have your entire party--regardless of age, etc--moving on the dance floor for your whole event.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Carolyn · Married on 04/26/2014

Dana and the Groove Place band were phenomenal! Every guest raved about the music, old and young! Everyone was up and boogieing all night! An epic wedding!!

Sent on 05/05/2014

James · Married on 02/15/2014

Groove Place recently played my wedding reception at the Racquet Club of Philadelphia. I would wholeheartedly recommend Groove Place for two reasons (in no particular order): Dana was very helpful and easy to deal with throughout the organizational process and the band rocks!

From the initial introductory call to the finer points of detailing the schedule and playlist, Dana (the bassist and main contact) was the model of professionalism. He was very good at returning calls and emails, pleasant to deal with, and accommodating of all of our special requests. He was very clear in the services that Groove Place would offer, timings, etc. and the band were timely in their set-up on the night.

We had one pianist playing jazz standards during dinner and the full 9-piece band playing for a few hours afterwards. Groove Place were one of the highlights of the day, with a fantastic repertoire of classics, fun, and slow songs. We asked them to incorporate a special version of Auld Lang Syne (a Scottish tradition, which speeds up halfway through) and they performed it brilliantly! They were not afraid to keep on going after the venue turned the lights on, and seemed to be having just as much fun as everyone else. Some of their videos online don’t really do them justice, as they are a very tight group and can really belt out a tune!

Can’t rate them higher, full marks all round.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Larry · Married on 12/21/2013

Putting the stars is easy... explaining how wonderful and how pleased we are .. that's another story.
    This is the second time we have had Groove Place at weddings. First my Daughter's wedding, and just now my Son's. Can't say enough how great they are. Each detail.. the MC'ing, the Music!! and their thoughtfulness.. I wish I had more kids, just to have them play!.. Lastly.. all the compliments from our guests!! Well.. the only thing left to say... I'd use them over and over.. you can't go wrong.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Sarah · Married on 12/21/2013

I have to say the band made our wedding so much fun! Dana was so great..quick responses, flexible and so nice. Everyone said how great they were. I definitely recommend them to anyone planning an event!!! We are so happy we chose them, they seriously made the party!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Amy · Married on 11/30/2013

I can't say enough about how fantastic Groove Place sounded at our wedding. Our friends and family were blown away. From the jazz during cocktail hour, to the upbeat yet appropriate dinner music, into the dancing; our guests of all ages truly enjoyed themselves. The staff at our venue (who have seen hundreds, if not thousands of bands) said they never heard a band as talented as Groove Place. The band leader, Dana, spent almost two hours with us one night planning the timeline of our reception and accommodated every request we threw at him. After our wedding, I'm sure we will see Groove Place play in Scranton again!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Susan · Married on 11/16/2013

Groove Place...THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!! Our wedding reception turned into one heck of a dance party!!!

My family and friends are still RAVING about the band! I remember walking in the room and looking at the tables and a quick thought pasted through my mind…where is everyone?…ON THE DANCE FLOOR!!! The band kept everyone on the dance floor with such a great diversity of songs that all flowed so well. The songs played all sounded the original soundtracks…just amazing!

Dana, we can’t thank you and the band enough for making our special day, extra special! You were such a pleasure to work with from the very beginning! I knew I was in good hands…we didn’t have to worry about a thing! I especially appreciate your willingness and understanding to play my two very special songs…they meant a lot to me, sounded amazing and were done with class!!

Everyone there (even the venue staff!!) will be talking about the very talented and stellar band…”Groove Place”…for some time to come. I am now an official member of the Groove Place fan club along with the other 160 people at our wedding!!!!!

To all Bride & Grooms out there – if you are looking for an amazing, fun, professional, incredible sounding band…look no further! This is the one!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Michael · Married on 11/08/2013

Groove Place exceeded our expectations on our wedding day. Everyone loved them and said all night how great they were. The dance floor was packed every chance it could have been and they do a great job with all the wedding things (cake cutting, introductions, dances, etc...). We really loved them and they helped make our day perfect.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Kim and Dave · Married on 10/26/2013

My (now) husband and I got married around Rehoboth Beach, DE on 10/26/13 and selected Groove Place to perform at our wedding. We had driven months before to their showcase while in the process of choosing wedding bands and new instantly they were the ones! All of our pre-wedding interactions with Dana were helpful and very flexible due to our slower decision making process. Their performance at our wedding was beyond what we expected. They were very professional and timely in arriving and setting up for our wedding. While waiting for our parents and bridal party to be announced, we could hear the vocalist singing Alicia Keys and thought it sounded like the actual artist! It is difficult to describe, but Groove Place did more than put on a great performance, they set an energetic, positive mood to the night. The sets were smoothly arranged with no abrupt transitions and the dance floor was always crowded! Most of the weddings we've been to, we forget the band/DJ. It has been several weeks since our wedding and we are still receiving feedback from guests about how great the band was! We will always be grateful to Groove Place for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 11/10/2013