Groove Place Dance Horn Band Reviews

Groove Place Dance Horn Band 3
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 4
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 5

Eric · Married on 11/28/2015

Groove Place provided an amazing, five-star experience for us and our friends and family. We saw them perform a showcase and were impressed by their sound. They are true musicians who excel in a broad range of musical styles. Dana is the guitarist and manager and he was very easy to work with. From discussing the contract to the details of our big day, he was friendly and professional. We met with him about a month before the wedding to discuss the type of music we wanted to hear, as well as the names of our wedding party and family. They delivered on everything we discussed. The show they put on at our reception was first class. The music was excellent and the whole performance was high energy. Jamie, the female lead singer, absolutely killed it on "If I Ain't Got You" for our first dance, in addition to everything else she sang. Bobby, the male lead singer and Master of Ceremony, has a great voice and excellent showmanship. He pronounced every name perfectly and kept our evening on schedule and entertaining. All of the musicians put on a great show, including sizzling solos on the horns, and a "Love Train" that virtually every guest joined and danced all through the venue. We cannot say enough about the quality and value Groove Place provided for us. We truly consider them friends for making our wedding so special. We will never forget them or that night!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Emma · Married on 10/24/2015

Groove Place Dance Band killed it. We had very high expectations after seeing them perform at a showcase; our expectations were completely and totally blown out of the water. From the beginning my father's main concern was booking a fun band, after the wedding and into the next day he could not stop talking about how he had booked the PERFECT wedding band.

My husband and I were waiting to be announced and we heard I Will Always Love You come on, he turned to me and said, “I love this song, I’m glad they put this on the iPod”. I had to remind him that it was actually the band playing. From that moment on I knew we were in for something special. And that’s a Whitney Houston song!

Groove Place Dance Band had the dance floor filled after the first song (usually it’s a struggle to get people to venture onto the dance floor) and packed until the final song. The evening flowed wonderfully and they always knew the right song to get the crowd moving. I honestly have never had more fun than the last 30 minutes of my wedding when the band was playing perfect crowd pleaser after perfect crowd pleaser.

We had our wedding at the Constitution Center, which is a large space, and Groove Place absolutely filled it. The horns sounded huge, both singers were beyond great, every single member of the band deserves a shout out because they pretty flawlessly covered a wide range of songs from The Beatles to Ke$ha.

The band also played dinner music during cocktail hour, which wonderfully set the mood.

Dana was great to work with; he was very accommodating of our time and schedules during the planning process. The whole process from booking the band through the end of the wedding was smooth sailing.

Overall, I could not recommend Groove Place Dance Band more highly, we will certainly be recommending them to all our engaged friends in the Philadelphia area (We want to see them play again!).

Sent on 10/29/2015

Brynn · Married on 10/17/2015

Groove Place Band was absolutely amazing! We are still receiving compliments about them! The music they chose, the emceeing, the energy - all of it was fantastic! I saw people dancing that I never expected to dance. In my opinion having a live band at a wedding beats a DJ any day and Groove Place proved me right. They were amazing and the songs they covered sounded just like the real thing! My husband and I strongly suggest this band if you want your wedding to be a fun, fun time!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kevin · Married on 10/17/2015

Wow. That is all that I can say and that is all the our wedding guests said.
    Groove Place Dance Horn Band was phonemail in regards to sound, energy, ease to work with, and overall experience. I would, and have, recommended this band to my friends and family who live in the general area because they were that good. It is not an exaggeration to say that EVERY guest at our wedding had such wonderful and amazing things to say about how good the band and music was at our reception in Carlisle, PA.
    The horn section set them apart from other bands we were looking to book for our wedding, and they did not disappoint - they were on point, sounded amazing, in harmony, and kept our entire wedding on the dance floor the whole night.
    They were extremely accommodating to my wife and I, as, since we were in Carlisle and not able to meet with them face-to-face as they had requested, they Skyped with us for our interview to ensure that they got a feel for what we had in mind in regards to the music we wanted played at our wedding and it worked out perfectly. They mixed in new music, with amazing oldies, and classic staple wedding songs that made the reception one to remember and one not soon forgotten.
    Groove Place was awesome!

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 10/03/2015

What more can we say that hasn’t already been said about Dana and the band Groove Place? From the first conversation we had with Dana (he called the day after we filled in the online info request form) to our goodbyes after the event and follow-up emails, it was a real pleasure working together. Dana is a real people-person and he wants his clients to be happy. He does whatever he can to fulfill any and all wishes. We had a 5 hour reception and he worked with us to have different musical arrangements (piano and trumpet at ceremony, jazz trio at cocktail hour, and full 9 piece band for the final three hours) throughout the entire event. Unfortunately Jamie was unable to perform at our wedding because of a health issue, but Sheena filled in spectacularly for her. Jamie, we missed you (!), but Sheena, our guests never even knew you were not the regular lead vocalist! Thank you for your rendition of “You’re the Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me”. We loved it.

Our guests raved about the band all night and afterwards. We even had several male cousins on the dance floor and they said it was the highest compliment to the band because they never dance in public! We are so pleased that we chose Groove Place to make our party exactly what we wanted it to be.

As an aside that may matter to some people, ours was the first same-sex wedding for Groove Place and we could not have felt more love and respect from the band. They really care about their customers.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Joe · Married on 09/26/2015

We don't even know where to begin! We could not have asked for a more incredible wedding band. Groove Place was seriously unbelievable and worth every penny. Dana and his band worked incredibly well with us. We were living in Cincinnati at the time of our wedding which was in PA and Dana kept in constant contact with us, having Skype calls with us to make sure everything was perfect.

Groove Place is able to play HUNDREDS of songs, and works so closely with you to make sure your wedding day is perfect.
    There were seriously times when we thought the band was on break because the live version of the songs they play sound even better than the originals, they really are that good! We wanted a packed dance floor for our entire wedding, and Groove Place made sure that happened. We can't even begin to count the number of people that came up to us throughout the wedding raving about the band. Their song selection was great, the music they played while on break was great, overall everything was perfect!

Thanks again for everything Groove Place, you guys ROCK!!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Maggie · Married on 09/19/2015

We could not have been happier with Groove Place and the entertainment they provided on our wedding day! They were the single best decision we made while planning our wedding after hearing great reviews from another couple who used them. The dance floor was packed the entire night, the timing of everything worked out perfectly, and everyone had a blast! We can't tell you how many of our guests raved about the band and told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. They knew just what to play to keep the crowd dancing and the party going all night. They were also a pleasure to work with, so accommodating, flexible, responsive and enthusiastic. You would be lucky and very smart to have Groove Place play at your own event. We wish we could relive ours!!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

This band is AWESOME!!!!! I recommend them to anyone and everyone!! They play ALL types of music and always on key!! We had 140+ guests and everyone is still raving about the band a week later!! I will DEF. use them again for any entertainment needs!! GROOVE PLACE YOU ROCK!!!

Sent on 09/17/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/29/2015

We found Groove Place on WeddingWire, looked at the reviews, listened to the demos, and went to see them live at one of their showcases. We are very serious about music! The showcase was awesome. They crunched down a wedding reception into 40 minutes so we could hear snippets of all the different music they play, the way they make announcements, everything. They were awesome.

About a year went by until we heard them again at our wedding and they were BETTER THAN WE REMEMBER! Guest after guest came up to me to tell me how great the band was and how much fun the wedding was. They really made the night! The brass section makes all the difference. It really gets guest's attention and gets them on the dance floor! We could not have chosen a better band for our wedding day and we would refer them to anyone looking to book a band for a wedding or special event. The price was even better...this was the best price we could find for 5 hours of music! Best music, best value, best time!

Thank you Groove Place for making our wedding day so memorable and FUN!

love - Sarah & Travis

Sent on 09/03/2015

Shannon · Married on 07/17/2015

Groove Place made our wedding extra special and memorable. Ever guest (and I mean ever single person!) was on the dance floor all night long. Dana was a pleasure to work with as he was super flexible and professional. He listened to the types of songs my husband and I wanted and created an amazing playlist. Groove Place knows how to get everyone on the dance floor and more importantly, their talents keep guests of all ages dancing. I would highly recommend Groove Place and Dana to anyone looking for an incredible experience where all guests will talk about the wedding and band for years to come!!!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Doug · event on: 07/04/2015

Over the July 4th weekend we hosted a large engagement party in Maryland for our wedding guest unable to make the trip to Colorado. Groove Place had recently brought the house down for my cousin's wedding last year, so I had to bring them back.

Dana made the whole process a breeze. Since we couldn't meet face-to-face, he Skyped with us to get to know each other and talked about how the party would go. He also set us up with a playlist that fit our audience perfectly.

Since I grew up on an old tobacco farm, we hosted the party in an old barn. Groove place showed up in western attire to fit our theme. Despite the rain, they got the party started fast with some great country tune and then rolled right into the dance music.

Everyone danced from the first song to the last. People were coming up to me and asking how they could book the band after three songs.

Since it was also the 4th of July, we shot off some fireworks and Groove Place, of course, played Katie Perry's "Firework" to tie it all together. Perfection.

I can't thank Groove Place enough for making our engagement party feel more like a wedding reception. We feel like they are part of the family now. Someone else will have to get married soon to have them back.

They blew the barn doors off the place. Now I just need to figure out how to get them to Colorado.

#grooveplacefanclub

Sent on 07/22/2015

Jesse · Married on 06/27/2015

When you have a wedding there is always only person that goes above and beyond , and for us that person was Dana at groove place. I never write reviews but felt it was nessesary to leave feedback because it was truly that good. One example of what occurred : our venue had recently had a band that came in and played too loud to the point that the authorities were called. Our venue then told us 2 weeks before the wedding that we could not have a band, and when I told Dana this issue it was almost instantly resolved. This is not your typical boy band that will sit there and play so loud you cannot have a conversation, this is a band that you will be off your seat dancing the entire night. My now wife and I were almost disappointed by all the food we got because everyone was up dancing having a good time. One thing I remember is when the saxophone came out from behind the band and started a Congo line that went 100 people long ! This is a band for any.and all occasions as I feel they would make you event as special as they made ours . Thanks again Dana and all the members of GroovePlace, you rocked it and people are still talking about you to this day

Sent on 07/16/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/20/2015

Groove place hit it out of the park!!!! Friends and family are still calling and saying how much fun they had , because of the band!! We first heard Groove Place at a Wedding and knew we had to have them!! So we contacted Dana(head of the band) and started the planning process! He sits down with you and goes through every detail and all their songs. And they actually listen! They played every song we wanted to hear and were so awesome! The price for what you are getting can't be beat! I could gone on forever about how amazing Groove Place is, they truly made our wedding what it was! If you want a fun wedding , you have to have Groove Place!!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

amanda · Married on 06/13/2015

We got married on June 13th at the Merion and Groove Place was the best band every. They had everyone up an moving and all I heard all night was how great the band was. I am very happy we decided to go with Groove Place, they were really organized and had everything planned out perfectly. Thank you so much for everything. Highly recommended!!!! Thank you Jamie and Dana it was a great time and you made me memories for a life time.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Maggie · Married on 05/30/2015

The band was awesome. They have such a wide range of music, and are willing to learn more, within reason. To us, the music and the flowers were the most important. Honesty, the band was so great that we're nearly forgot about the flowers. Our guests are still talking about Groove Place. They rock!!!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Katherine · Married on 05/23/2015

Groove Place Band was one of the highlights of our reception. Dana, the band's manager, was a pleasure to work with every step of the way: responsive, timely, pleasant, and engaging. They read the crowd very well and are able to bring the attendees out of their seats. The volume was appropriate for all moments of the wedding; cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. All of the members were engaging, nice, and energetic, and they even came out onto the dance floor to dance and play their instruments. I could not have asked for a better wedding band, and I am a professional musician so my standards were high. Their prices are competitive, and they worth every cent. I love that after the wedding they sent a set list to know the order in which songs were performed. Thank you Groove Place Band!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Julie · Married on 05/09/2015

I had always heard people say that the sign of a fun wedding was a packed dance floor! If this is the case our wedding was a blast. The dance floor was packed the whole night. The Groove Place lived up to their name! Dana and the band were great, responsive, and easy to deal with from start to finish. Our guests were raving about the band. We are so glad that we decided to use them!!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Eileen · Married on 04/24/2015

Great experience from start to finish. Jamie and Dana are both extremely responsive and pleasant to work with. Everything from the booking and contract, to the details meeting and day of wedding went perfectly. Our guests would still be dancing if Groove Place was still playing. Couldn't have asked for anything better from this band. Worth every penny!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Patty · Married on 12/06/2014

GroovePlace was the best that we could have ever picked!!! We went to a showcase at the band leader's house a year before our wedding, before we walked out, my fiancé and my parents all agreed, this was the band for us. We booked them that week and were all so excited for the wedding music. A few weeks before the wedding, we set up a Skype call between Dana and ourselves, Dana went over every aspect of the wedding to ensure the day would be perfect with our music choices. They band was willing to learn a couple songs that were not on their list, and they did an amazing job not only performing those songs, but the whole night. Our guests are still raving about how amazing our band was, was the best they ever heard!!! I 100% recommend Groove Place for any special event you may have in the future!!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Groove Place was extraordinary on my wedding day! They played every kind of music and entertained every one of my guests! They made my day even more magical then I ever could have imagined. Almost a week later, and guests are still calling to tell me how fantastic Groove Place was, and that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been too. I give Groove Place my highest recommendation as entertainment for a wedding or any other type of event. My wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without this group!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

I can't begin to say enough good things about Groove Place. They were an awesome, awesome band! They sounded and looked absolutely amazing up on stage! They played the entire evening and had everyone, young and older, up out of their seats and dancing the WHOLE night! During the wedding guests were coming over asking where I found this band and telling me how good they sounded. Weeks after the wedding I am still having guests tell me how amazing the band sounded. I would highly recommend Dana and this band... just fantastic! The next event I have I will most definitely be using Groove Place. I can't say enough great things about them!! Definitely check out one of their showcases to hear them, they are all true musicians! If you see them play live there will be no doubts about their ability to play, and play well! I give them a 10 out of 10!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Dave · Married on 10/11/2014

We booked Groove Place to play for our wedding and we did not regret it. After speaking with Dana directly, we felt very comfortable and really liked the way he handled the selection process. They were able to tailor the music to our selections and were very flexible in the order of doing things. If you like big band sound and like classic oldies, this band is definitely for you. We had a blast at the wedding and the majority of people were on the dance floor all night. The night of and day after the wedding, we received a number of compliments from our family and friends who attended the wedding. I highly recommend Groove Place for the value that they provide!

Sent on 10/28/2014
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 09/27/2014

Can’t say enough good things about Groove Place. They kept telling us they were ready to rock at our wedding and boy did they deliver. Everything was handled very well from our meetings through to the end of the performance. They were very flexible and handled all of our special requests. They did a phenomenal job keeping the dancefloor packed and even lead to a mob of our friends and family chanting “one more song” at the end of the night. I think this quote sums it up best:
    As we are waiting around the corner to enter the reception…
    Bridesmaid “I love that you have some Whitney Houston on right now, when does the band start?”
    Bride “Oh that is band, get ready!”.
    Thanks for creating so many great memories for the two of us and all of our guests.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Don · Married on 09/20/2014

Dana, I don't know we're to start, the band was terrific. I told my wife that people were looking for reasons to approach us just to say how incredible the band sounded. They couldn't believe that I found you on the Internet. When Don and Melissa attended Lehigh they were both members of Kappa Kappa Si, which is a band fraternity. Melissa was the chapter's president. There were alot of musicians that attended the wedding and they were impressed. If the music and vocals weren't spot on they would have known. People were telling Don before the reception started that he should have brought his horn, we didn't want to give the suprise away. The horn section really completes your sound. When you played "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant"my wife and I kept turning around to hear the piano and tenor sax. They are both unbelievable! What else can I say, a relative of Melissa ' s who's from Long Island New York took a business card. She said I live 4 hours away and wanted something to remember the band with. I guarantee that 99.9% of the people won't remember what they had for dinner but will remember the band, even if we had fed them hot dogs with a side of sawdust! Again, you and the band were amazing, give our best to everyone! Don Seserko.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Don · Married on 09/20/2014

Dana and the rest of the band were great to work with! Everything went smoothly the night of our reception, including our first dance song which the band learned just for us. They were even happy to accommodate a few special requests during the reception. Overall we had a great experience and would recommend Groove Place to anyone!

Sent on 09/26/2014