Groove Place Dance Horn Band Reviews

Groove Place Dance Horn Band 3
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 4
Groove Place Dance Horn Band 5

Jane · Married on 09/02/2017

This band is amazing! We hired the full ten piece band for our daughter's wedding and they were worth every penny. They kept our guests on the dance floor the whole night long with a great selections of songs. Everyone in the band was outstanding, from the vocalists to the horn section. Many of our guests said this was the best band they have ever heard. Dana was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Very kind, professional, enthusiastic, accommodating, and easy going. We can't recommend this band highly enough!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Joan · Married on 09/01/2017

Groove Place played at our daughter's recent wedding and had our guests dancing the entire night! They are a really tight dance band with a fantastic horn section, especially the sax player. The band is extremely accommodating and will learn any song for the bride and groom to dance to as their first dance. Professional service, great playlist and fun, fun, fun.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

We hired Groove Place to play our wedding in August, 2017, and they were FANTASTIC! We knew that after going to their showcase at Dana's house we were in for something great, but that is an understatement. We chose the 10 piece band. Dana was not only professional, but warm and inviting and was a pleasure to work with when planning the details of the wedding set list. He was accommodating, organized, and answered all of our questions without delay. On the night of, our guests couldn't stop talking about the band and how great they were. They loved the song selection and everyone was up and dancing. The two singers for the band were both excellent and had a really wide range which made for a varied performance and kept people of all ages up and dancing. I was always weary of reading these reviews on these wedding websites because either they're all glowing or filled with complaints, but let me tell you, I genuinely have no complaints about Groove Place! HIRE THEM!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/04/2017

Leading up to the wedding the band was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. The music was amazing and the band was very engaging and entertaining. Our guests danced all night.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Gina · Married on 07/21/2017

My husband and I got married this July during an extreme heat wave and Dana and his crew set up everything for the outside ceremony for us. We didn't have to worry about a thing! The band provided an awesome beat for my sister's surprise "rap"/ speech and they learned songs outside of their rep just for our reception. Everyone was up dancing all night and we received countless compliments on the energy of the band. A big thank you to Groove Place for their flexibility and composure on the big day!! Highly recommended :)

Sent on 07/23/2017

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

We first heard Groove place at my brother's wedding in PA. My fiance at the time had wanted a DJ for our wedding. I on the other hand wanted a band. After he heard Groove place at my brother's wedding he was sold that we had to have a band. I was so ecstatic when they said they would travel from PA to NY to do our wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor! The sound and ambiance of the night from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was amazing. They truly made our wedding magical and we can not thank Groove place enough!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Erin · Married on 06/03/2017

Groove Place played at my Dad's 60th birthday party and they were absolutely amazing.

From my first phone call with Dana, through all of the planning, to the actual day of the party, they were so easy to work with, were very flexible to last minute changes/requests, and put on the an amazing performance. They had everyone up on the floor dancing. I don't think I stopped dancing all night. In fact, they barely even took a break!

They were also very good with the crowd, and incorporated them into their performance. for the entire night. At one point, the saxophonist was leading the entire party through the venue in a congo line, while playing "Love Train."

I can honestly say that they made the night. My mother and I are still getting emails, phone calls and letters from people saying how great of a time they had, and asking who the band was.

Thanks Groove Place!!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Chris · Married on 06/03/2017

From the groom:
    I think I speak for everyone when I say we were blown away by Groove Place performance! We knew you guys would be good, but I had no idea you would be that great! The love train with the horns going in the loft, and your solos right in the middle of the crowd was awesome. The songs you played could not have been picked better. The fact that you guys learned Radar love complete with the guitar and drum solos was icing on the cake that we will never forget. You really did make the night even more special for us and we truly appreciate it.

You were great to work with. We could tell from the start that you were the right choice and we never second guessed that. You put us at ease during the planning stages and totally blew the roof off the barn.

Sent on 06/23/2017

JP · Married on 04/29/2017

Groove Place Dance Horn Band did an amazing job for us at our wedding that took place at the Horticulture Center. in Fairmount Park. From their showcase, planning along the way, and finally to our wedding, they kept everything going smoothly and kept our guests on their feet! We would definitely recommend Dana and his band. Dana is very accommodating and his main focus to make sure everyone is engaged and having fun dancing the night away. Groove Place Dance and Horn Band learned new songs for our special dances that weren't on their playlist and performed them beautifully. They even were nice enough to end the night with an encore in tribute to my parents, that was a touching surprise and an excellent conclusion to a "Wonderful Night." Do yourself a favor and book them for your wedding! My wife and I are lifelong fans!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Jillian · Married on 04/01/2017

Would recommend Groove Place a million times over .. They were simply the greatest entertainment I have ever experienced for a wedding. They were super quick to respond, really listened to what we wanted and even bent over backwards to accommodate our dream for the wedding.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Nicole · Married on 12/23/2016

They were amazing, everyone was on the dance floor all night and still receiving compliments on the band!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/26/2016

I knew Groove Place is a great band, because I heard them a year earlier at my cousin's wedding, but they exceeded every expectation I had. Dana was a pleasure to work with - very professional and detail-oriented, yet easygoing. They have an extensive, constantly-updating repertoire and plenty of old/new songs from which to choose a "must play" list, but they really know how to read and play to the crowd. They kept the dance floor packed all night long with guests from all generations. We are actually still getting compliments and rave reviews on the band from our guests! You will NOT be disappointed with Groove Place!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Patti · Married on 11/22/2016

If you are looking for a band that will keep your guests up dancing all night, entertainment that will have your guests singing along with the music, and musicians and vocalists who give 200 percent all night long, then look no further. The Groove Place has now played for two of our daughters' weddings and we have been thrilled with their performance both times. Again, and again, our guests told us how much they loved the band and the way the musicians connected with the audience, who continued to request encores even after the reception was over. They are the absolute best ever!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Danielle · Married on 11/12/2016

The first moment my family and I met Dana the coordinator and heard the bands set, we were hooked. The band learned 3 songs we requested in full and even played some special music for the groom & I, as well as our families to walk out to during introductions. Everyone raved about the variety of music played and even guests that weren't attending our wedding but we're staying at the hotel venue were out in the main lobby Dancing and singing along. We had a spectacular wedding and the band did a wonderful job making it a truly memorable experience. Thanks again Dana and the rest of the band for making it a night to never forget, my feet are still recovering from dancing the night away!

Sent on 08/28/2016
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 10/15/2016

Groove Place was one of the first bands recommended to us for our wedding (they have already done several other family weddings), but of course, we did our research and checked out a few showcases. It didn't take us long to realize that the first choice was the best choice! Not only for the quality of music and entertainment, but also for the price! They were an incredible 10 piece band. We had a wedding of over 200 guests and everyone was having an absolute blast. Their catalog was extensive and covered a very wide range of styles (which was crucial considering the age range of our guests). I cannot recommend this band enough! Do yourself a favor an check out one of their showcases before booking with anyone else.

Sent on 11/05/2016

JON · Married on 10/01/2016

They were very accommodating to our requests of songs and their professionalism was unparalleled. We received several compliments from the guests about how good the band sounded.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 09/30/2016

The Groove Place ROCKED our wedding reception (and ceremony!) in Avalon, NJ! They got everyone on the dance floor with a mix of current songs and the oldies everyone loves! They did an amazing job, and everyone mentioned how much they LOVED the band! Thank you, Groove Place!!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Katie · Married on 09/23/2016

The band was one of the things my now husband was in charge of during wedding planning and he hit it out of the park with Groove Place. They were AWESOME and absolutely made our wedding. They had everyone dancing from the minute they started until the reception ended. They were so easy going and wanted to make sure they helped us have the type of night we envisioned for our wedding. If you want a great party, definitely choose them!! Thanks Groove Place!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2016

Groove Place was awesome. We had so much fun at our wedding and a lot of that was because of the band. We never left the dance floor. They are talented and flexible. They were great with learning new songs for our first dance and parent dance. We truly had a wonderful time.
    Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Brad · Married on 08/06/2016

First and foremost, booking Groove Place was the best decision we made. We booked Groove Place without seeing them in advance or word of mouth, but based on their amazing reviews, great youtube demos, and really versatile song list. They were amazing at our wedding!
    The band absolutely rocked and got everybody in the place dancing with gusto. I had several people come up to me and ask if the band would play in NY (for their wedding or son or daughter's wedding). A few people told me it was the best wedding band they've ever heard! Dana (the band leader) was very communicative, forthright and pleasant to deal with in planning the songs and order etc. He has a really nice disposition and I enjoyed working with him and never had to worry for a second about the reliability of the band. They absolutely rocked! I would unequivocally endorse them and recommend Groove Place!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Justin · Married on 07/16/2016

We recently hired Groove Place for our wedding, and have nothing but great things to say. They upped the energy of the wedding crowd, and played both classic and modern hits. Both the male and female leads were excellent singers, and the horn players made the dance floor extra special. I highly recommend this band for your next event, and I would highly suggest booking all 10 pieces. The horns are worth it!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 06/25/2016

AMAZING! We booked Groove Place based on their reviews and videos. It was a leap of faith that paid off! From the very first correspondence with Dana we were extremely pleased and knew we made the right decision. His response time is like no other. His ability to get a feel for us and the atmosphere was top notch. The day of the wedding went perfect. They didn't miss a beat. I had no idea they even took a break! We have a large family, full of energy and they matched it. The dance floor was packed the entire night! our family favorite was Sweet Caroline. We do this at every family wedding... And there's been many. Everyone said this was the very best! My guess is neighbors for miles would say the same thing. All of the thank you's and goodnight's at the end of the night had mention of how unbelievable the band was. We are so incredibly grateful to have chosen Groove Place. We feel like our family has grown. Much love! Shannon & Jamie Shultz

Sent on 06/29/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/04/2016

Groove Place was very responsive to our requests, even re-learning a song at our request, they had a diverse range of music and did a wonderful job interacting with the crowd and keeping everyone energized and having a great time. Even 5 months after our wedding we still hear about how much people loved the band at our wedding, in fact many people said they were the best wedding band they had ever experienced. They also preformed at our ceremony and did a great job, even in the rain. They were definitely worth every penny and we would suggest them to anyone looking for a great live band for their event.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Heather · Married on 04/30/2016

Groove Place was amazing! As soon as we heard them play at their showcase, we knew we wanted them to play at our wedding - and we are so happy they did!! Everyone was on the dance floor all night. We are still getting compliments about how great our band was. They learned a special song for us for our first dance, and kept people happy the entire evening. Thank you for an amazing night, the band really turned our wedding reception into a party!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Melissa · Married on 01/30/2016

Dana and his team were super accommodating and flexible, and the dance floor was packed the entire wedding. So many compliments on the band. Would (and already have) recommended to friends.

Sent on 02/01/2016