Groove Authority Reviews

230 | Boston, MA

230 Reviews for Groove Authority

We are so proud of the unbelievable music and atmosphere Groove Authority provided for our daughter's wedding. I have never seen a wedding where only six chairs were being used while the dancing was on. People are still talking about how great the band was six weeks later. Thank you for helping make this such a memorable event.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Stuart · Married on 08/30/2015

We never had any doubt that we wanted to hire a live band to perform at our wedding. However, since we were travelling from out of town, we were worried about tracking down a group that could make the trek to Maine's coast for a Sunday wedding. But from the first time we heard their recordings on their website, Groove Authority was the epitome of professionalism and quality. They were easy to get a hold of, transparent with their costs and what their services were, and were ready to go on time and in full gear on the big day.

Now let's talk about the actual music. Let's get one thing clear right off the bat: this was the best live band to which I've ever had the pleasure of dancing. I found out after the wedding that half the audience thought our opening dance song (If I Ain't Got You, by Alicia Keys) was actually just a CD recording, because the band was actually that good. Personally I thought they were better than the CD recording (with all due respect to Ms. Keys). I had originally given them a list of songs that I thought would go well with the evening, and while they stuck with them for the dinner (more classic crooner stuff), I am so happy that they took the reins for the dance segment. If they had listened to me it would have been a snorefest. Instead, we rocked to Journey, Bruno Mars, Neil Diamond, Daft Punk, Pharrel, Beyonce, and yes, every single person danced their butts off to Taylor Swift. Keep in mind, this was a relatively conservative (though excessively fun-filled) wedding in Kennebunkport, Maine, but by the end of the night, we were dancing with the servers, having dance-offs with the lead singer, and there was not a dry shirt to be found. When was the last wedding you went to where the entire dance floor was full until the venue shut you down? I can't remember either.

Ultimately, they were worth every single penny we spent, and after three months it's still the first thing we hear when we ask people what they liked most about the wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Meghan · Married on 08/29/2015

It really doesn't get better than Groove Authority. The only thing my husband requested at our wedding was a live band versus a DJ. No problem, so we are scoping out bands and saw the amazing reviews Groove Authority received. Let me tell you they DO NOT disappoint. We had a family friend play our ceremony music, but Paul was amazing and for a small fee hooked us up with a mic system for both him and our officiant. We had a saxophonist and a pianist play our cocktail hour, and they were phenomenal. And then there was a reception... I have never been to a wedding where people started dancing BEFORE dinner. Literally, these guys had my guests out of their seats before they ate! It was amazing. There was a point where I was meeting and greeting at tables and just had to stop because no one was at their seats. These guys MADE our wedding what it was. My guests are still abuzz about the band and I have received MULTIPLE inquiries from people at our wedding about them to use at their own weddings or functions. Is a traditional band more money than a DJ? Absolutely. But, you won't have to get a Photo Booth or any other type of entertainment because these guys are it. By far, the best money we spent on our big day!

Sent on 09/08/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better band than Groove Authority. They worked with us to develop the perfect set lists and to personally tailor every aspect of our reception. We would highly recommend Groove Authority to anyone in need of a band for their reception.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Liisa · Married on 07/25/2015

We debated for MONTHS about whether to have a band or a DJ at our waterfront backyard wedding - we finally decided to go see Groove Authority at one of their showcases (which they do every week, a little private performance so you can hear how awesome they are) and knew we had to book them. Hiring Groove Authority was by far the BEST decision we made for our wedding! Do not waste your money on any other silly little details that people won't even notice.. make hiring this band your #1 priority and your wedding will be the best wedding your friends and family have been to in a long time, period!! I can't even tell you how many people said that the band was awesome and the best part of the wedding.. we still have people asking us for the name of the band and begging us to have a party just so we can have them play again! Every member of Groove Authority is great with their own distinct personality. The crowd interaction was so much fun and they even put up with one of my drunk friends who wanted to bang on the tambourine all night long. =) Jennie, the lead singer, is OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING - the best voice I have ever heard live. Her singing during our first song even made some of my tough guy friends tear up. So go on, call them, NOW! Thank you Groove Authority!!!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Groove Authority was the band at my daughter's wedding last weekend. What is a wedding without good music! This wedding band is spectacular. Paul, the leader, works closely with you to make sure you get to hear the songs that you want. Their lead singers are amazing. Everyone danced until the end with an encore! We planned our wedding date around this band, and we are so glad that we did! Groove Authority is an outstanding band, and our guests could not say enough about them.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Debby · Married on 07/17/2015

Groove authority were absolutely amazing and took my daughters wedding to an incredible level. They were professional, talented and easy to communicate with. My daughter and her husband are musiciands as were many of their friends. Our guests could not stop complimenting us on the band . They kept everyone on the dance floor all night. If a band is on your wish list...look no further ! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Morgan · Married on 07/03/2015

The Party Factor was an absolute delight to work with and have at our wedding. They took only one break besides dinner and absolutely made me want to dance the entire night (which I did!). The planning worksheet they gave us covered every detail possible and the band was just really focused on giving us the reception music we really wanted. Their talents are incredible and they even came out on the dance floor several times which was more fun than I can describe here! Book them immediately, they're amazing!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Natalie · Married on 06/06/2015

Our wedding was the perfect day - in large part thanks to Groove Authority! They created such a fun, party atmosphere - none of our guests wanted the night to end. Playing a variety of songs, from the Beatles to Taylor Swift, Groove Authority got every single guest at our wedding up and dancing the night away. We couldn't have asked for a better, more fun evening - Groove Authority went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations.

In addition to being the best wedding band around, Paul was easy to communicate with and very responsive over the course of our wedding planning process. Not only did he respond to any questions or concerns, but he worked with us to create the best timeline for the evening. I would have been lost without his expertise, and with his help and excellent MC skills, the night went off without a hitch.

Even a few weeks later, I'm still getting feedback from our guests about how amazing the band was. Groove Authority was one of the very best decisions we made in planning our wedding, and I would recommend their talents to anyone.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Martha · Married on 05/23/2015

Working with Groove Authority for our wedding was such a pleasure and they did an incredible job. Paul made everything very easy throughout the planning process, from payment to organizing introductions to making song requests, he was awesome. Many of our guests commented on how amazing the band was and we could not have been happier with their service. Groove authority came recommended to us from 2 of our other vendors, and I figured they knew what they were talking about. And they really do! I would absolutely recommend Groove Authority to anyone looking for a wedding band--you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Marianne · Married on 04/25/2015

The Party Factor did an amazing job playing during our reception! Everyone has continued to talk about how great the band was at our wedding and how much fun they had dancing. The dance floor was packed the entire night and the energy was fabulous! Rick from The Party Factor was very professional and helpful in terms of helping us get the reception organized and planned and The Party Factor did an amazing job handling all of our requests. The reception was a huge, fun success. And it was great that we could go see the band in their practice space before hiring them. I would definitely recommend The Party Factor!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Michael · Married on 04/04/2015

From the minute we contacted Groove Authority about playing our wedding in Hartford, we had a great experience. Paul did a great job coordinating with us on special requests for songs and was always quick to respond to emails or calls to answer all our questions. Our special dance songs weren't on the band's list, but they assured us they'd be able to handle it and they delivered! We loved how amazing our first dance song sounded live instead of on an ipod.

The band played an AMAZING show! Everyone said it was the best wedding ban they've ever heard and we couldn't agree more. They had the whole crowd, from our 2-year old nieces and nephews to our grandparents, dancing all night long. They paid attention to the smallest of details, making sure we were on the dance floor and not tied up doing photos before playing a few of our favorites.

We'd recommend this band to anyone looking for a great band for any event!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Alex · Married on 03/07/2015

Not much more can be said that hasn't already (just hire them), so here's a unique take... I'm a bit of a music snob—I used to perform myself, as well as running live sound at a small venue, so I was looking for real pros for our wedding. After seeing them once, I knew they were THE band to get.

(1) I requested a super obscure "first dance" song and wanted some specific changes to it. They totally nailed it, from the change in lyrics to change in tempo. It was perfect.

(2) My brother and I wanted to jam with the band for a few songs as a "surprise". Not only did they let us jam to two songs from their list—we did it completely unrehearsed and THEY are SO good, they even made my brother and I sound okay (not having played with a live band in years). Our guests were surprised, impressed, and I don't think we could have pulled it off with a lesser band.

GA really knocked it out the park, like others have said. Our guests were raving about them during and after the wedding... and EVERYBODY was dancing, which even we were surprised about.

My father said "it's like being at a rock concert—there just happens to be a wedding here tonight too." Ha.

They made an already special night just incredibly outstanding. We'll have to renew our vows just so we can hire them again.

Sent on 03/29/2015

We hired groove authority for our wedding. We absolutely loved them. If you are looking for a band to get everyone dancing this is the one to hire. I have had multiple guests tell me how much fun they were and that they want to book them for their own wedding. Paul is so easy to work with and very accommodating. They have a great list of songs to pick from and you can give them as much or as little direction as you want. They truly made our reception the best night ever. I highly suggest booking them for your next event.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Betty · Married on 02/01/2015

Wow amazing band, the Groove Authority made our event!!!!!! The dance floor was packed all night!!!
    These folks are awesome, the best band I have ever had. I loved working with Brian, he took my calls and made the booking while he was on vacation. Amazing customer service. Hire them, you won't be sorry.

Betty Salemme

Sent on 02/03/2015

Jenna · Married on 01/18/2015

Groove Authority far exceeded my expectations from start to finish. Paul Fudin (band member and primary contact) was extremely easy to work with and made planning effortless. I can't thank him enough for all of his time and attention to detail. Our wedding day went by so fast, but one of my fondest memories was of Groove Authority. They are all talented musicians/vocalists and covered our favorite songs perfectly. Initially I was concerned about hiring a band because at previous weddings I’ve attended, the music was sub-par. I've learned that live band doesn’t always mean higher quality music. However, each and every song performed by Groove Authority was flawless, and they had our guests dancing and laughing all evening. They transformed our event and made the reception a truly memorable experience. Out of all the wedding expenses, the money spent on hiring Groove Authority was one of our best decisions. Immediately after our wedding, my husband and I tried to think of another party we could host, just so we could hire them again! THANK YOU guys (and gal) so very much!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Marissa · Married on 11/22/2014

Paul, the band leader was very easy to work with. He had a form that we filled out and made accommodations for special songs we requested.

Most importantly, all of my guests commented on how awesome the band was. They had everyone dancing the whole night, it was an incredibly fun reception thanks to Groove Authority!

Also, Paul helped me come up with an initial timeline for the reception, I found it especially helpful since I hadn't particularly paid attention to this at other weddings.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Groove Authority single handedly made our wedding amazing. Paul as MC kept the flow of our night on track and did a great job incorporating our needs into the agenda. And the band was INCREDIBLE. I cannot express enough how awesome of a band Groove Authority is. Our venue called our wedding the "danciest" wedding they had ever seen because Groove Authority had literally everyone on the dance floor (parents, grandparents, young cousins, etc) throughout the night. They play each song with incredible energy and are true performers -- you can see and hear how much they get into each song from their dancing and energy. They brought passion to their performance and this caused our guests to bring excitement to the dancefloor. Groove Authority is spot on with their covers and are able to perform a wide range of genres/songs successfully. They sounded on key for everything from the Rolling Stones to Taylor Swift. We got so many compliments about the band after the event and people are still talking about how awesome Groove Authority was at our wedding! Our guests want to see them perform again. They really made our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Ellen (. · Married on 11/14/2014

Too good to be true! Kind and considerate, as well as attentive and engaging with the guests. It does not get any better than this!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/02/2014

Groove Authority is AWESOME! From the beginning of our wedding planning to the end, Paul and his crew were a huge help. They were professional and made what could be a stressful process very smooth and easy. All of our guests raved about them the night of our wedding. From the ceremony music, to the cocktail hour, to the reception, Groove Authority kept the energy going all night and created a night we will always remember. Highly recommended! Thanks Groove Authority!!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Melanie · Married on 11/01/2014

The Groove Authority made our reception a hit! Everyone loved them. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Bj · Married on 10/11/2014

We've all been to a lot of weddings. Some bands are good, some are not. Some bands are impressionists who are happy to fade into the background of an event, doing just enough so that nobody really notices. And some bands, like Groove Authority, are the engine that drives the party.

Early in our band hunt, we were looking into another group, but they were booked on our weekend. That band leader wasted no time in recommending Groove Authority, telling me we couldn't do better. So I called Paul, the GA band leader, and right away my wife and I enjoyed his easy-going manner (and don't get easy-going confused with unprofessional... Paul was terrific, keeping in touch with us as we approached the date, asking questions he needed answered... but his easy-going manner made my wife and I feel good about the collaboration). When we told him that this would be a semi-casual, clambake house event full of fun-loving, gin-drinking party people, and that we wanted a band that would keep the energy up, I believe his response was, "we can do that."

And they did. First of all, they learned a Van Morrison song for our first dance. We had this kind of ridiculous idea for introducing the members of the wedding party, and I gave Paul a script and he said, in his classic-Paul way, "no problem." The song sounded wonderful, just as we'd imagined, and the whole thing was seamless.

Then the dancing started. They had great guitarists, keyboards, sax, and a relentless drummer who kept the party moving for five hours. The keyboardist even pulled out a trumpet from time to time, which was awesome! The two vocalists were fabulous. They were charismatic, interactive and really fun.

All I heard all night was, "Who ARE these guys?" It was a great party! We wanted an old-school, college-house dance party, and Groove Authority delivered. They read the room perfectly and the dance floor was never empty all night long. I wish I could do it again!

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/05/2014

My wife and I love dancing to hip-hop and top 40 music and it was really important to us to find a band that excelled at these genres in addition to more standard fare so after hearing clips of Groove Authority and watching some of their videos (Crazy in Love sold us!), they were our top choice to hire. They not only met our expectations but far exceeded them!

Paul was super nice and easy to work with and extremely knowledgable, helping guide us through the reception timeline.

The band had a fantastic read on the crowd and always knew exactly what to play next. They had so many people up and dancing, the dance floor was totally full and people were dancing around the sides in the grass - it was awesome!

GA also took the time to learn not just one but two songs for us, and they hit them out of the park. We hope that future couples will benefit from these two great songs because we had a blast hearing them and dancing to them.

The musicians were so much fun while performing, it felt like they were our friends; it was so fun to have them occasionally come out in the crowd and dance with us and sing from the dance floor. They all sounded amazing and the lead singers were especially baller!

Groove Authority not only contributed to the best day of our lives but they really made it happen. Epically awesome party, wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Chris and I felt the best decision when it came to choosing our vendors was choosing Groove Authority. Other than dinner, they had everyone on the dance floor until the end of the last song. People are still calling me for their information. They played based on the energy of the crowd and nail it with each and every song.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Groove Authority is a band you can't pass up for your wedding! They will make everyone, including yourself, have the best wedding possible. Paul is so quick and easy to get ahold of and he is easy to talk to about concerns and just how the day will flow. They have so many songs to choose from that it there is no real issues with trying to find good songs for certain things. Our vendors and reception site couldn't stop giving us compliments about them. They are by far one of the best bands we have heard at a wedding. If you want to have a wedding that no one will forget, you want Groove Authority. You will not be disappointed. I loved working with them for my wedding, and you will too!

Sent on 10/06/2014