Groove Authority Reviews

230 | Boston, MA

230 Reviews for Groove Authority

Natalie · Married on 02/10/2017

Grove Authority has become a must for all of the corporate parties I organize for my Portsmouth, NH based company. Our staff LOVE the band and the dance floor remains packed until the very end. From casual, beach pavilion parties to formal affairs, Groove Authority knows how to work it. The talent is amazing and the singers are engaging and help keep the mood going.

The pricing is a great value - quality performers at a price that is fair. A real bonus for this event planner!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Scott · Married on 12/16/2016

Outstanding live entertainment! We hired the band for a Holiday Party and they were amazing. Every member of the band was top notch. They even got our "dance challenged" group up on the dance floor to enjoy themselves and kept them dancing all night! One of the largest song lists I have ever seen and played anything we asked. The band made our party one to remember and we will definitely hire them again!! Highly recommend Groove Authority!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Carl · Married on 11/06/2016

'Groove Authority' performed at our wedding ceremony in Brookfield, MA on 11.6.16.
    We found them through Wedding Wire along with Googling something like: "Best Wedding Bands in New England"
    'Groove Authority' had a fantastic sound, great musicianship (every member was top notch), repertoire, presence, audio/video samples, website, song list, etc.
    I got in touch with Paul (leader) and was impressed with his thorough communication, accommodation, friendliness, ease with working with us, along with being financially reasonable given their highly professional status.
    After comparing them to several other bands we realized they were the best we could find.
    [Keep in mind, I myself am a professional musician with a music degree. I have quite high standards, I know what I am talking about when I say this.]
    Soon after we made our choice we were able to see them at a rehearsal venue (Jamspot) where 'Groove Authority' does periodic showcases for those who are looking to hire them. When seeing them live, my wife and I realized more than ever that we made a fantastic decision. They are very impressive entertainers who put on a fantastic show, exuding great energy while not sounding overbearing volume-wise. They also play such a wide variety of classics and contemporary hits and styles; Dance, Pop, Funk, R&B, Rock, Jazz.
    My wife and I would highly recommend 'Groove Authority' to anyone looking for a very talented, high energy band .
    I cannot count the amount of raving compliments we got during and after our wedding. People were very content with the entire day and 'Groove Authority' was certainly one of the fantastic ingredients. Their energy is contagious and hence they got people dancing on the floor the entire night who I didn't even think would end up there. They even let me sit in on Drums for a few songs, funking it up with them, which was an honor.
    We couldn't have been happier. Thanks to Paul & 'Groove Authority'! - Carl & Debbie

Sent on 11/21/2016

Heather · Married on 11/05/2016

Best Wedding Band EVER

This review is waayy long over due, but Groove Authority's impression has held strong over 3 years! Paul was amazing throughout the entire planning process- he listened to what we wanted to hear but also guided us through knowing what our guests would want- the result was an amazing party! Everyone was on the dance floor and guests are still raving about how much fun they had. GA was the first wedding vendor we booked and I am so happy I did!

Sent on 03/23/2020

Great band, great decision! After seeing their preview session, my husband was hooked that this was the band we wanted for our wedding. They definitely did not disappoint. Paul was great to work with. They had the dance floor filled all night and played all of recommended songs. We also hired Paul to help play music during our ceremony. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/17/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/08/2016

After we set our wedding date, hiring The Party Factor was the first decision we made. We booked the band for an extra hour (5 hours total) and also booked the pianist to play the music for our outdoor ceremony.

The Party Factor was everything we hoped for and more. Every member of the band is unbelievably talented. Their song list is extensive and they learned a few new songs for us as well. The band leader, Rick, was responsive and helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The band MC'd the entire wedding seamlessly, sang happy birthday to a guest, and even played "one more song" when everyone shouted for it at the end of the night! They interacted with the guests on the dance floor and were just plain FUN! We had people tell us they have never seen a dance floor so packed at a wedding. Guests who told us that they don't like to dance were on the dance floor literally all night once The Party Factor came on! Everyone absolutely loved them and are still talking about how wonderful they were. 5 hours flew by!

After seeing their showcase prior to the wedding we knew The Party Factor would be wonderful, but they exceeded all of our expectations. Dancing to The Party Factor with our family and friends was the highlight of the wedding and we highly recommend them - if you are looking for a wedding band book them now!

Sent on 12/21/2016
  • Brendan

Brendan · Married on 09/24/2016

The Party Factor was simply amazing. It was the single most talked about part of the wedding from all the guests we've talk to. Even with one of the singers leaving due to an unexpected illness, the other singer just took over and he was rocking the crowd. Rick did a great job managing the night and even did an encore song!

Sent on 10/24/2016

We could NOT recommend Groove Authority any more! We couldn't imagine our wedding without them. They made our reception truly a night we will never forget. Our guests danced the entire reception...even during parts of dinner. If you want to have the best wedding band, hire Groove Authority. You won't regret it.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Alessandra · Married on 09/18/2016

As a couple with little to no musical taste overlap and a family that is heavily involved in and knowledgeable about music, our group was a hard one to please when it came time to choosing a wedding band. Groove Authority was the PERFECT match for us and for our families. Every person who talks about our wedding has mentioned how awesome the band was.

Groove Authority played for both the reception and cocktail hour, and they were wonderful for both. The jazz for cocktail hour was perfect and the reception music was lively and fun, a perfect mix of fast and slow songs. Groove Authority even learned three songs jut for us – for our first dance and both parent dances – and they did a magnificent job with each of them. Paul was great to work with from the beginning; very responsive, organized, and helpful.

We would recommend Groove Authority a million times over!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

This band is as good as it gets when it comes to wedding entertainment. A live band was a top priority for us during our wedding and if we were going to spend the money we wanted it to be the best we could get. After attending one of the band’s rehearsals we knew we’d found it and booked them two days later. Paul was very on top of the process throughout planning and checked in regularly to see if we had questions or keep us up to date on what he needed to move forward. Our first dance was a song written and performed by my cousin. We sent the music to the band, they did one rehearsal with my cousin, and nailed it on the wedding day. The dance floor was packed the whole night and proved to be exactly what we’d imagined. This is thanks in large part to the amazing energy and talent of these folks. Groove Authority is by far the element of the wedding our guests bring up most when reminiscing about the day. There is no better in Boston and we highly recommend you secure Groove Authority for your wedding day.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2016

Let me just say that booking Groove Authority for our wedding was one of the BEST decisions we could have made! They absolutely killed it! The band leader, Paul, was amazing to work with from the get-go. He's a true, seasoned professional, and he knows what he is doing. You will be in great hands! Paul was very flexible with us -- Groove Authority was willing to help us meet our budget requirements; They added extra horn players to fit the overall sound we wanted; and they even learned a variety of new songs to meet our needs. The entire planning process was seamless, easy, and fun -- and this band DELIVERED. Every guest at our wedding was blown away by Groove Authority, and numerous guests said our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, due in large part to this band. We told Paul we had a dancing crowd, and Groove Authority certainly catered to this -- playing three songs right off the get-go so everyone was up and dancing before salad was served. At the end of the night, the singers and horn players even came out into the middle of the dance floor and danced and celebrated with guests. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Groove Authority. We HIGHLY recommend this band, and we are forever grateful to them for helping to make our wedding night so fun and special. Their professionalism, experience, and skill level cannot be matched. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Groove Authority MADE our reception. People called our wedding "the dance party of my life!" They just nailed it. They played a huge variety of songs which was important to us from Frank Sinatra to Bruno Mars and a live version of the Hora! Not only did they execute an amazing performance but working with Paul, the manager was a pleasure. He is so kind and so sincerely wants to make your day perfect. He will try to accommodate all of your wishes but will be honest with you about what he thinks will work or not based on his experience. The value of this band was another huge sell for us. This band continues to charge a reasonable rate though they certainly have the talent to inflate their prices as the rest of the competition seems to have done. Couldn't recommend them enough : )

Sent on 12/22/2016

Groove Authority was our "big splurge" and was worth every cent! The band is uber talented and the singers are out of this world. We were so excited to have them as the entertainment at our wedding and they absolutely delivered! We even had a special request for our first dance that turned out beautifully. The band was a big hit and had all our guests up dancing all night! Paul was a pleasure to work with and was very organized and responsive. If you are thinking about hiring a band for your wedding, look no further!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Emily · Married on 07/08/2016

I can only echo the sentiments of all of the other reviews about Groove Authority! They added such a wow factor to our wedding that we wouldn't have had otherwise. They read the crowd perfectly, and tailored the type of music to the crowd level. They fed off of the crowd when everyone was up and dancing, and played wonderful background music during dinner that did not compete with dinner conversation. Paul was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with. He was great about communicating with my vendor coordinator and photographer to take care of details so I wouldn't have to worry about them. We have already had one guest book Groove Authority for their own wedding after hearing them at ours! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Suzy · Married on 06/11/2016

Groove Authority was a key component of our wedding day and one of the best decisions we made, as they set the fun and lively tone for our reception. From the bridal party entrances to the last song of the night, Groove Authority kept our guests entertained and on the dance floor all night. Our guests all raved about the band and we couldn't be happier with their performance. On top of being fantastic musicians, Paul was very responsive and easy to work with leading up to our wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2016

James · Married on 06/04/2016

Groove Authority was amazing at our wedding! Book them for your wedding and it will be the best decision you make. We had a blast on the dance floor and countless guests told us that Groove Authority was the best wedding band they had ever heard. They sounded great, played all the songs we requested (from their extensive playlist), and did a fantastic job of keeping our reception on schedule.

Paul from Groove Authority was extremely professional and responsive in the months leading up to the wedding, listening to our special requests and making suggestions based on his experience. At the reception, everything went off without a hitch. Having a great wedding band was very important to us and Groove Authority delivered. Guests of all ages were dancing all night.

We can’t recommend Groove Authority enough – thank you for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Jillian · Married on 05/28/2016

If you're thinking about hiring the Party Factor, do it! They played at our wedding two weeks ago and it was awesome. The energy that the band brought got everyone dancing from my little cousins, to my friends that "don't dance", to even my grandparents. Justin was an awesome MC who both got the party started, and kept the evening's events moving smoothly. The band also plays music from every generation and genre which was a crowd pleaser. The Party Factor truly made the evening special.

Rick and Paul were both very professional and easy to work with. They went above and beyond to answer all of our questions leading up to the event, get the timeline down perfectly, and accommodate our special requests including learning a few new songs, sending us a recorded version of our first dance song so we could practice, and allowing my cousin to join them in signing a few songs.

Definitely well worth the cost and I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Kyle · Married on 04/23/2016

WOW. We knew right away that these guys were awesome. We actually tried to book them before the venue but thats not exactly how things work.

Right off the bat, Paul was super professional/ responsive and helpful through the whole process of wedding planning providing the guidance that we needed.

They were thorough in preparation so that we knew exactly what was coming and when it was happening the day of.
    Their music speaks for itself. They are so talented and sound absolutely outstanding. They played to the audience so well. Once it was really party time, they had everyone from ages 8-80 dancing up a storm.

They are so fun, they clearly love what they do, and that shows in their music. I cant say enough about how unbelievable they really were, in person, up close and personal.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Aimee · Married on 03/18/2016

These guys were AWESOME. Hire them. We kind of hired them on a wing and a prayer - we live in England, but were getting married outside Boston, so we just went on reviews & their videos (PS - their candid videos just roaming around YouTube were my favorite - you really got to see people rocking out, which was what sold me on them), hiring them not having ever heard them play. I felt a bit like we were playing Plinko, hoping the chips fell where they may....

...and they were one of the best luck-outs we had the entire wedding. They were amazing, and people afterwards really did come up and say "GREAT band, guys" - it was the single more frequently heard comment we got. These guys were legitimately the hit of the entire reception. So much so that during dinner, we had a break between courses, and I looked up - and my entire family was on the dance floor - I had to call them back and yell, "There's still more food!" but they were so ready to rock out. :)

They played until 12:30am, and when they closed up, people were in such a good mood, we literally had to yell - "The bus is leaving!" to get them to stop dancing to the lingering iPod music.

They were easy to work with, no stress, and just good all-around people. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Desiree · Married on 03/12/2016

You NEED to have Groove Authority at your wedding! They were absolutely AMAZING!! Our wedding guests were awed by how awesome they were, complementing their incredible range. Paul was whom we worked with. He was super easy to work with, he was professional, and very kind. Our guests have told us Groove Authority is the BEST band they have heard despite all the weddings they have been to. Thank you Groove Authority for making our wedding a huge hit!

Sent on 03/15/2016
  • User5619352 · 2+ years ago

Groove Authority made our wedding complete. We got married in October 2015 and had an absolutely amazing experience with GA. From meeting them at Jamspot to the follow up and preparation conversations to the wedding night, GA was nothing but professional and they honored all our requests for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Paul was in contact with us throughout our wedding planning and was always there to answer questions via phone or email. They learned a few songs for both the ceremony and reception, coordinated with our best man and allowed him to play guitar and give a speech, and allowed one of our wedding guests to sing along (not before checking with us to make sure it was okay). Everyone at the wedding was extremely impressed with GA and haven't stopped talking about them! We can't say enough good things about them and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional, amazing band to play at their wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/03/2015

We knew from the beginning of planning that we wanted to have a band and we had to pick out one that would be able to satisfy both sides of our family (groom is Portuguese and I am African American) and the different generations. Rick, the band leader was very helpful throughout the year of planning. The band accommodated our request for our first dance and learned 3 songs for us. There was a slight hiccup in our first dance (Party Factor sang the first half of the song then they were to switch on the techno version of the song for the 2nd half of our dance and it was flipped on too quickly and we didn't do a part of our dance), probably because they couldn't see us with our wedding party standing in front of them but it didn't even matter cause no one noticed and they were so awesome. This band was the highlight of our wedding and worth every penny. The band ate during cocktail hour and were ready to go when the reception started. They played through dinner and it really set the tone for the rest of the reception. The music from the beginning was so perfectly chosen by the band for the diverse crowd. Once the party got started, the guests were on the dance floor all night. There was never a moment when the dance floor wasn't full. They did Blurred Lines and had a circle and the lead male singer came out into the crowd and picked out guests to dance in the middle and almost made a game of it. It was so fun. Unlikely guests were picked and really had a good time with it. One of my favorite memories of the night. They even let the groom's uncle sing a song with the band for a song. The interaction of the band with the crowd was so cool; I've never seen anything like it. The lead singers were unbelievable and the band was really talented. Our guests still rave about how Party Factor was the best band they'd ever seen and I'd have to agree. I will use them whenever I need a band for personal or professional use. Thank you for an incredible night!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Nicole · event on: 09/15/2015

I hired Groove Authority for a scientific conference held in Cape Cod. I would highly recommend this group to anyone needing music services, regardless if it is a wedding or corporate function. They were very easy to work with, and provided an excellent performance. They had my group up and dancing after just a few songs, something completely unexpected from a group of scientists! Groove Authority had an exceptional presence, unbelievable singers, and outstanding musical artists. If you want to host the party everyone will be taking about, you need Groove Authority!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Groove Authority was amazing!!! Absolutely AMAZING! From our first contact with them through our wedding day, they were always very responsive and professional. They were easy to work with and really understood what we were looking for and delivered above and beyond! The music was very important to us and we could not be happier with Groove Authority. They are so talented and have such versatility in the selection they can play, and we asked for it all, from oldies to current tunes. We had so many compliments the day of, and still to this day, on Groove Authority!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Cameron · Married on 09/12/2015

The band couldn't have been more spectacular and we have been hearing as much non-stop since Saturday. We even heard from multiple hotel staff members back at the hotel that guests kept talking about it being the best band they've ever seen. We are so happy to have had The Party Factor as part of our wedding, the energy and enthusiasm they brought was incredible and the dance floor being full for hours showed it. We loved having the singers and sax player constantly in the middle of the dance floor interacting with the crowd. One of the most telling compliments we got was from my parents' older friend who said that in fifty years of marriage, her husband has never danced as much as he did at our wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2015