Groove Authority Reviews

230 | Boston, MA

230 Reviews for Groove Authority

Diane · Married on 05/25/2018

I recently had the Groove Authority play at my wedding. The band was so accommodating and easy to work with leading up to my wedding. They are a great band and had everyone dancing the entire night. I highly recommend !!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Jessie · Married on 05/19/2018

We booked Groove Authority for our May 2018 wedding in the Berkshires, and they were incredible. In the planning process, Paul was so responsive and easy to work with, helping us go through every detail to make sure it was perfect. We were able to add a few extra musicians to get the sound we wanted, and they even learned a new song that we requested. At the wedding itself, they were amazing. They kept everyone dancing the entire night, and so many people complimented us on our band. A couple people commented that at times they thought the band was on a break and playing recorded music because their rendition sounded so much like the original artist. They truly made our wedding an amazing party and were a joy to work with. You won't regret booking them!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Your search should stop right here for your band. Groove Authority is the only band you want to play at your wedding. My guests have not stopped raving about Paul and his band mates since my big day earlier this month. Once the lights came down and these musicians took the stage, everybody couldn’t help but get out of their chair! They are simply the best. Paul was a dream to work with- he’s extremely detail oriented and very flexible with the slate of music. He even got the band to learn a brand new song just for the my husband’s side of the family! Highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 05/18/2018
  • Mrs. Sponge

Shauna · Married on 04/27/2018

I was a little nervous about having a band instead of a DJ, but Groove Authority far exceeded my expectations. Everyone kept telling me the whole night how great the band was. We had people on the dance floor until the very last song. They completely changed up their set list when they realized our crowd was more into classic rock than hip hop/pop and stuck to what our crowd wanted to hear. I went from dreading the idea of having a band to having a blast rocking out with them within the first few songs. I picked a recorded song for our last song and will forever regret that. I wish I had let Groove Authority close out the night with the same great energy they brought the whole night. If you are looking for a band for you wedding I highly recommend Groove Authority!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Scott · Married on 04/21/2018

Among the very top of our list for professionals associated with our daughter's wedding, Paul Fudin and the Groove Authority were virtually perfect - in every way. Paul was thorough in his inquiries about what we wanted, accommodating in our occasionally off-the-wall requests, timely in all communications, and essentially, the consummate professional. He actually pointed our some possible 'weaknesses' in our timeline, offered suggestions, and with his valued and insightful input, improved on what we were trying to create. He was not pushy or insistent, but helped to save us from ourselves! He helped manage the pre-wedding planning process with timely reminders, and accommodated our availability. And musically? There are simply none better. Ours was a black-tie-optional wedding (so the band all dressed the part), and we all wanted to dance. Together, we curated a list of songs and let Paul 'manage' the set timing (as well as handling the MC responsibilities). EVERYONE raved about how great the music was, and how they truly "danced the night away." These folks are absolute treasures, and I offer my highest endorsement of them, their professionalism, and believe that they really contributed a lion's share to 'make' the wedding such a huge success!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Linda · Married on 04/20/2018

They had our daughters' wedding dancing!!!! they are so professional! we highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Magali · Married on 02/24/2018

This band was awesome, fun, and experienced! From the first time we heard them on YouTube we knew they were the one we wanted! Paul was extremely helpful in every step of the process and made it soooo easy to have all of the entertainment taken care of. Not only did they run all of the PA for our wedding ceremony, they also played music for our cocktail hour. When it came to the wedding reception they had everyone, from toddlers to grandparents, from French to Americans, cutting up the dance floor all night. We are so happy we picked this band and will certainly hire them again. There range of songs was unreal, they were able to keep everyone happy and dancing.

Sent on 04/14/2018

Nick · Married on 12/31/2017

We had Groove Authority at our wedding this past New Year’s Eve and they were AWESOME. From the music at cocktail hour to the very last song they kept our guests happy and on the dance floor. We got so many compliments on how good they were and how much fun they made our wedding. They were very easy to work with, incorporated all of the songs that we asked them to, and had a great feel for the crowd playing different songs that appealed to people of all ages throughout the night. They even let me sit in on bass for a few songs which was a lot of fun. They made our wedding very memorable and I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Caroline · Married on 12/31/2017

We had Groove Authority at our wedding this past New Year’s Eve and they were AWESOME. From the music at cocktail hour to the very last song they kept our guests happy and on the dance floor. We got so many compliments after the wedding on how good they were and how much fun they made our wedding. They were very easy to work with, incorporated all of the songs that we asked them to, and had a great feel for the crowd, playing different songs that appealed to people of all ages throughout the night. They even let my husband sit in on bass for a few songs which was a lot of fun and was an awesome surprise for our guests! They made our wedding very memorable and I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Shannon · Married on 11/04/2017

Best Ever! If you are thinking about Groove Authority for your event, stop thinking and start booking. They were the best decision we made for our wedding. All of our guests were dancing before soup was served. Every song was unbelievable. Paul was so professional. He listened to all of our hopes from our first dance song to songs we wanted played throughout the night and made it all happen. The day of my wedding, I was so confident in Groove Authority, they were the one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about. All of our guests weeks later have been non stop talking about how great the band and dancing were. We are so grateful that the Groove Authority was part of our special day.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/18/2017

There are no words to describe how amazing this band is! We booked them for our corporate event days before and it was the best decision we made. Our guests danced the ENTIRE TIME - we even extended by 30 minutes! If you don't book this band - shame on you!...your loss for sure! Our event wouldn't have been the same without them!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Jane · Married on 08/26/2017

We had the pleasure of having Groove Authority play at my daughters recent wedding. They were by far an amazing band. I always heard at weddings that people remember the band and the food, well they will remember Groove Authority! They were unforgettable!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Abby · Married on 08/04/2017

Groove Authority is definitely the band to choose for your wedding! From the quick responses and flexibility planning with Paul, the band manager, from the energy that the band brought to our wedding, they were amazing. We had everyone from our wedding (200 people) on the dance floor before salads were served. I have never seen that before! To say the least, you cannot go wrong booking Groove Authority!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT GROOVE AUTHORITY!!!! They are AMAZING. They learned two songs for our wedding and were extremely professional and responsive in all communications throughout our entire engagement. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and people were raving about the band for months after the wedding (we got married 6 months ago). Multiple people reached out to them to do their own weddings as well! Do not hesitate to book them - you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Eric · Married on 07/15/2017

We had Groove Authority play at our wedding and they did an absolutely fantastic job. They kept the crowd dancing during the up beat sections and everyone had great things to say about them after the wedding. They also accommodated all of our special requests and worked with us to make sure the day was exactly how we wanted it. Thanks so much for an amazing night Groove Authority!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Brian · Married on 07/08/2017

The Groove Authority was the highlight of the wedding! They did a great job of organizing the flow of the evening, playing hits from all years to keep everyone dancing all night, and were very easy to work with. They could cover any type of song with male or female vocals and played a perfect rendition of our first dance song. Paul was communicative throughout the planning process and has lots of experience. Plus he absolutely shreds on the guitar.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Mary · Married on 07/01/2017

Awesome! Professional! Fun! Groove Authority had everyone dancing at my daughter's wedding at The Preserve in Tamworth, NH, this summer. And I mean everyone was dancing all night!! When I looked up at the second floor from the dance floor no one was there because they were all dancing!!!! AlLL NIGHT! All my guests RAVED about the band weeks later when we got together! In fact, a very close friend of ours will be having Groove Authority at their daughter's wedding in October in RI. Looking forward to spending another fun evening with the band! They are the BEST!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/25/2017

WOW! WOW! WOW! We first heard Groove Authority at a friend's wedding back a few years ago. When my husband and I got engaged and were thinking about a wedding band, we couldn't help but think back to weddings we had a blast because of the band that played. We were referred to GA, and quickly connected with Paul. He was personable, informative and willing to accommodate exactly what we were looking for! On the day of our wedding, GA traveled 3+ hours to our venue in northern Maine. We had two members of GA perform at cocktail hour who were phenomenal! When it came time to announcements at the reception, they were fantastic! Next, moving on to the 1st dance, they performed a song we asked them to learn. It was here that I saw my husband tear up for only the second time in our over 7 year relationship! He was beyond impressed! The audience was also incredibly impressed as everyone was up and dancing even before dinner was served! The dance floor was packed the entire night! At the end they were even willing to accommodate one more song...Roadhouse Blues by the Doors, and it blew everyone away! Two months later, we are still having guests come up to us and rave about the band! I would recommend Groove Authority many times over!

On a final note, the bands version of "Killing Me Softly" gave people the chills!!!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Thai band was the BEST DECISION we made for our wedding. Paul, the director was incredible to work with in preparation for the wedding and on the day, the band had energy, personality, and connected with the crowd! Not to mention EVERYONE was up and the next morning shared it was the best band they have ever seen at at wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Alyssa · Married on 06/10/2017

I highly recommend Groove Authority to anyone interested in hiring a band for their wedding! It was one of my husband’s top requests and we wanted to make sure we found the best “bang for our buck”. They more than exceeded our expectations! The pianist and saxophonist played jazz during our cocktail hour. During the reception, we had 250 guests and every single person was on the dance floor at one point or another, some even before salad was served! Paul, the director, was excellent to work with and very responsive. All the band members were exciting, talented, and interactive throughout the night. Guests of all ages enjoyed their vast playlist from multiple genres and generations of music. Thank you so much for making our wedding a night our guests will always remember!

Sent on 07/19/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2017

Hiring this wedding band was one of the best decisions we made! Paul was easy to work with throughout the planning process and the music they performed at our wedding was fabulous! Everybody commented that they were the best wedding band they have ever seen! They worked with us to play our unique first dance song and it turned our great! We are so happy they were willing to travel up to Vermont for our special day and that our wedding planner, Jaclyn Watson Events, recommended them! We would highly recommend Groove Authority!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Melanie · Married on 05/20/2017

Groove Authority is simply AMAZING. It's been over a year since our wedding, and our family and friends are STILL talking about how much fun our wedding was...all because of Groove Authority. They made our wedding a night to remember and gave us one heck of a party. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire evening, and no one was ready to stop when the lights came on. It is also important to note that Groove Authority was equally as wonderful throughout the researching and booking phases. From our initial phone call to the last song on the night of our wedding, Paul was professional, responsive, flexible, and pleasant. As we researched different wedding bands, we got to see Groove Authority in action at a Tuesday night showcase. They were energetic, fun, and talented, and we knew right away that we had to book them. As we approached our wedding date, we appreciated Paul's wedding worksheet, which kept us, the band, and our venue all on the same page. We cannot recommend Groove Authority enough! Thank you, Paul and Groove Authority!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2017

They are the absolute best!!! SO professional, AMAZING talent and gets every single person dancing. I can not say enough about them!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Justin · Married on 04/22/2017

Book Groove Authority and you're guaranteed to have a wedding people will remember! Seriously. My wife and I were lucky enough to see GA play at a friend's wedding and afterwards we knew they were our top choice for the entertainment for our wedding.

Where do I start?
    -First off, they are very easy to work with. I had several email and phone conversations with Paul, who was very approachable and upfront about what they had to offer. He was flexible and was able to work with the budget my wife and I set for a band. As we approached the wedding date, Paul was very organized and worked with us on every detail possible to make sure we would have a flawless reception. On the day of the wedding, there were no surprises and everything was organized and went off without a hitch.

-Next, the most important question: how do they sound?? Well first let me say they have so much range! We had them play our cocktail hour with some light background keyboard. During dinner, they created a great atmosphere with music like Sinatra, etc. When it came time to get people on the dance floor, they brought the Energy. They knew how to play to the audience and get young and old involved. There was so much range, from classic hits to covers of brand new songs. Their voices sound great and their skill is incredible. One of my good friends is a musician and said to me on the dance floor, "these guys are TOO GOOD to just be a wedding band". We are more than a month out from our wedding, and we are STILL getting compliments on how fun the wedding was because of Groove Authority.

Now we just have to convince friends to hire them for their wedding or renew our vows so we can hear them play again!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Justin · Married on 02/26/2017

Amazing!!! Highly recommend to everyone!!

Sent on 03/08/2017