Grits n Gravy Music Reviews

11 | North Hollywood, CA

11 Reviews for Grits n Gravy Music

Leslie · Married on 05/28/2017

We had the Rumproller Organ Trio at our wedding and they were INCREDIBLE. Rumproller has now played 3 weddings that I've been to (including my own) and they kill it every time. Kevin was also amazing to work with and really quick to respond and he even made the effort to come to our vendor walkthrough which I really appreciated. BOOK THEM!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Janica · Married on 09/04/2016

My husband I are a very big fans of this very talented group! From the first time we saw them play at Sassafrass we were blown away and they had us coming back every Monday just to see them perform! They will take you on an amazing ride with their huge selection of songs they play and intertwine.

We loved them so much we asked for them to play our wedding. I walked down the isle to "here come the bride" on the oregon. They also played for our cocktail hour and the first half of the evening. Also, to include that I had a very special request. We wanted them to play our first dance songs "When I Fall In Love" and "Love Never Felt So Good". That last song was not on their original list but they learned it, practiced it, and nailed it!! We couldn't have been happier!!!

I wish I could give them more stars becaus 5 isn't enough. They are all very talented, professional, and fun!!!

❤️
    The Flaherty Family

Sent on 07/29/2017

David · Married on 08/20/2016

Brass Monkey Brass Band was an amazing addition to our wedding. The group played for cocktail hour, and our guests and wedding staff raved about the band. The music selection was perfect and each musician was excellent. For our outdoor setting, the volume and energy was just right- our guests could comfortably chat and the music was appropriate for some guests to dance.

The band and management were professional from start to finish, communicating both with us
    and our week-of coordinator. We would recommend these guys without hesitation. If you are looking for a jazz group, particularly a New Orleans styled group, do not miss out on Brass Monkey!

Sent on 09/12/2016

The Brass Monkey Brass Band was definitely one of the highlights of our wedding and something that everyone remembers! They played at the dancing after dinner, and did a beautiful arrangement of the song we had requested for our first dance.
    Ahead of the event, Kevin was very responsive after some initial email hiccups. He was also super helpful in planning out the performance, which was great since we didn't have a wedding planner. On the day itself, everything went very smoothly and the BMBB got everyone dancing and offered great entertainment, without stealing the show from the bride in any way! The music was not just fun, but also of highest quality.
    We can highly recommend the Brass Monkey Brass Band!

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • Z

Zack · Married on 04/18/2015

We hired The Deep Cuts for our wedding and they were nothing short of fantastic. Kevin, the bandleader, was extremely easy to work with and willing to meet all of our requests. The Deep Cuts are funky, groovy, and soulful and they kept the dance floor full the whole night. Several of our guests went out of their way to tell me how much they enjoyed the band and how great they were. Every band member was a consummate professional. If you're looking for a band that will make your event memorable without playing the boring Top 40 songs we've all heard too many times, The Deep Cuts are unbeatable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Angus · Married on 06/25/2011

Brass Monkey played at our wedding in 2011, and we could not have picked a better band. Absolute BLAST. This group of high-level musicians will get your guests moving. The New Orleans-style music they play is a guaranteed hit with all guests. A lot of bands have to kind of play Motown for one table of people, some jump swing for another table of people, some modern R&B for another table, etc. Brass Monkey just does what they do and it will please all generations. This is PARTY MUSIC. Having them at your event will assure a fun, party atmosphere. The event will be more memorable as well, as this is not your typical event band.

Sent on 12/09/2015

M. · Married on 08/09/2009

Our guests might not remember the cake, the flowers, the ceremony, or who the groom was…but, they will never forget the band! Thank you for making our wedding the most incredible time of our lives! Brass Monkey Brass Band does what no other band or DJ can do - play music that absolutely anybody (regardless of age or music preference) can dance to and enjoy. BMBB made the atmosphere lively, happy and fun. I highly recommend this band!

Barnaby · Married on 09/12/2007

Our wedding was years ago, but my parents' friends, who are all practically professional wedding guests, never fail to remind me how special and fun our wedding was, and how it stands out against all the others they have attended. The single point that each person marks as the highlight is the music - how good it was, how well integrated, and how important it was to the overall event, which lasted for days and had many other activities without the band. The joy people experienced with the music Kevin provided was truly a spectacular and unique factor in this milestone event - for us as the wedding couple as well as all of our guests, old and young. All these years later we feel very lucky to have had this experience.

Mike · Married on 09/15/2006

Thank you so much for providing the great music and energy on our wedding day. Words really can’t express our gratitude.
    Brass Monkey really helped make it a day we will never forget!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Erin · Married on 09/12/2006

Brass Monkey Brass Band was one of the best parts of our wedding. We were married long ago and people still talk about how fun the music was! Kevin Stevens was extremely professional and easy to work with (which made my life easier!) and on the wedding day, he took care of everything and I didn't have to worry about a thing. This meant that I was free to dance and enjoy the party.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Brass Monkey Brass Band band was the hit of the wedding! They were extremely professional and totally flexible when I had to change the times on them. They also were very laid back and hit it off with wedding guests. They are expensive for sure, but if you can swing it, they are worth the cost. You have to remember too that you are paying for 6 or so professional musicians to travel to your site. I had them as the main event at my wedding and we did an incredible second line from the ceremony to the reception that won't be forgotten. My family is from Louisiana, so this band really represented my culture and added a lot of fun to the wedding.