Greyson Steele Photography Reviews

62 | Indian Trail, NC

62 Reviews for Greyson Steele Photography

• laura

laura · Married on 09/10/2010

I was married on 9/10/2010 at the Duke Mansion in Charlotte, NC. I chose Greyson Steele Photography to capture our special day! On our initial consultation Dawn was so sweet and took close to two hours with my sister and I. I knew that she was it! I never considered anyone else! On the day of our wedding I was of course running late from my makeup appointment and Dawn was waiting patiently. She started by getting shots of me getting dressed. As I went to put my vail on she actually stopped and helped us pin it to my hair because noone else could! My husband told me that Dawn's husband who is also a photographer and typically works with the groom and groomsmen was "really cool." Everyone is still talking about "our photographers" beleive it or not. My dad who lives in MD where I am originally from stated "we would have never found this great of people in MD." And he is right. At least not from the part of MD I am from. Dawn and her husband (cannot beleive I forgot his name) were professional, creative, and so relaxed! They got over 400 perfect shots and I am still trying to choose which ones to put into out photo book!! I love them all! We are so thankful that we found Greyson Steele Photography!

Sent on 11/06/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Laura... I just love you! You were such a fun bride! The Duke Mansion was the perfect setting for a wedding. We're fortunate enough to be photographing there again in the future! We couldn't be more excited. Your photos turned out just stunning. Your family was an absolute delight. I will never forget your father...because you told me what a hard time he gave you about spending money on wedding photography... and it turned out he was the most delighted. That's just fantastic... :) Thanks so much again for having us!

Erica · Married on 09/10/2010

Dawn was so wonderful to work with. After having met with several other photography studios, she was such a breath of fresh air. She listened to what I said I wanted and then was able to customize a package to meet (and exceed) my needs. Other studios would listen and then say "well, let me tell you how we do it here, at Studio Whoop De Do." I found that attitude offensive and snobbish - thank God we found Dawn! Dawn was excited about my wedding and wanted to get to know me... all things that inspired confidence in her work and made me feel like I had nothing to worry about. The pictures she and her husband took on our wedding day were beyond my hopes and dreams and our wedding album makes me cry with joy every time I look at it. My guests loved the pictures too and many ordered prints.
    All in all, these two are a very special husband and wife team. Talented... Professional... Adaptive... Creative... Thoughtful... I so many good things to say about these two!

Sent on 12/24/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Erica and Mason... you are still some of my favorite couples that we've worked with... I just love your style... :) When I first met you, you beamed about Mason and the reasons you loved him so much... we connected right away and it was evident it was going to be a great working relationship! Your wedding was quaint, you were just an absolute natural beauty... and we still enjoy looking back through your photos... You had a hard time narrowing down your selections for your storybook... so we got together and did it together... had a coffee... talked and it was great! Thanks so much for having us!

Julie · Married on 09/04/2010

We were so glad we selected Greyson Steele Photography to photograph our wedding. When we met Dawn, we had an instant connection and could tell she was truly passionate about her work and that she was dedicated to getting the best shots possible. We loved the idea that we were getting a husband/wife team as our photographers. The day of the wedding, they were able to literally be in 2 places at once, capturing moments that would otherwise have been lost. Dawn and Darrell made the day fun too; creating special photo ops for the bride and groom and taking advantage of the beautiful setting. Dawn is a true artist, looking for creative lighting and poses in addition to the more standard photos.

We couldn't be happier with the hundreds of photos we received from our special day. Greyson Steele Photography is also a great value. I looked at many photographers and chose them for the best combination of high quality at a price I could afford. It was important to me to get a DVD with all my photos, plus get some unique products like the storybook and collages.

I would highly recommend Greyson Steele Photography!

Sent on 10/01/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Julie!!! Thank you so much for your review... When I met you... I took your photo and you were just vibrant... that is the word that comes to mind when I think of you... I will never forget when we arrived and you were so excited to see me! And the fun could begin... and it did! And, your wedding photos turned out stunning! We were so honored to be a part of your wedding day and will always be thankful for your generosity...

Vanitha · Married on 08/28/2010

My husband Mitesh and I couldn't be happier that we chose Greyson Steele photography to capture our special day! We were reluctant in the beginning to hire a photographer who had no experience photographing a traditional Indian wedding, however Dawn made us feel comfortable from the first moment that we met her. She took the time to look through an Indian wedding video to get a glimpse of the culture and really tried to understand all the important traditional details! Our photographs are simply stunning and she didn't miss a single detail ! Dawn & Darrell are flexible, creative, understanding, trustworthy and artistic. We are so thankful to them for making our memories so beautiful! I am quite certain that we will be contacting Dawn to capture other memorable moments in our future phases in life! - Vanitha & Mitesh Kathrotia

Sent on 11/30/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Vanitha and Mitesh... We were absolutely honored that you chose us because we had not been a part of an Indian Wedding Celebration before... and you welcomed us, informed us and we are so glad you did! Your wedding turned out just stunning... Vanitha, you made such a gorgeous bride... Your choice of venue was just perfect... and again, we are just so honored that you chose us to be your wedding photographers.
  • BPORBICH

Brittany & Tommy · Married on 07/17/2010

We enjoyed every picture that was taken. I am thrilled that we went with Greyson Steele Photography!Everyone loves all our beautiful photographs. My greatest worry was not being sure of what to do or when to do it. I was so relieved when you organized the formal portraits. The day went by so fast I didn't remember a lot of the things that happened, until I saw them again, I can't believe it's over. I will cherish our album forever. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/27/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Brittany! Ironically I just had your photobook out the other day and was thumbing through your wedding photos... I'm so glad we could be a part of your wedding. Thank you so much!

Ginger · Married on 03/06/2010

Dawn has a creative eye that makes any bride special day even more special. Our wedding photos will be something we will always treasure and we look at them almost everyday. It was a pleasure with everthing from the word go, Dawn and Darrell were very flexible and we worked together to come up with the most beautiful pictures ever! I would highly recommend Greyson Steele Photograghy for Bridal photos and weddings as well. I know that they worked really hard on each and every photograph to make sure the final product was the best it could be and I am sure that each client gets the same service and the prices and so reasonable.

Sent on 09/29/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Ginger and Mike... Thank you so very much for allowing us to be a part of your quaint mountain wedding! It was absolutely breathtaking! Some of the photos we took are still some of our favorites!!!

Beth · Married on 08/11/2007

My wedding pictures turned out beautiful. I had no idea what I wanted or what to ask for but they made it so easy. I hardly even knew they were there, and they caught all the best moments. My album turned out wonderful. I was so impressed with the quality and professionalism I came back to them for my maternity pictures, which also turned out beautiful. I will definitely use them again for my child's photos. They always come up with creative and unique ideas.

Sent on 09/27/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Beth... Thank you so very much for having us be a part of your wedding... The Victorian Villa was absolutely stunning... You made such a gorgeous bride. You made us feel so welcomed and part of the day! We are honored that we could be a part of your wedding day... and also honored to have made a great friend!

lourdes · Married on 02/26/2011

The best photographers in the world.....
    Thank you for the outstanding pictures...
    The pictures are absolutely beautiful. The professionalism of this couple its a piece of mind for any bride and groom. They are responsible,kind and very creative.
    Thanks for a Great JOB.........

Sent on 03/03/2011

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Hector & Lourdes... Elegance... That is the word that comes to mind when I think of the two of you. This was not a wedding but a vow renewal... and it's no wonder... because your love definitely deserves to be celebrated. Your wedding at Maggiano's at South Park was just gorgeous... The love and feeling that comes from the two of you is just evident in all the photos taken... Beyond that, you invited us to your home... if we ever wanted a place to visit. What a compliment... Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/13/2013

This couple was awesome! I'm not very creative but when it came time for the reveal, ceremony, reception and family pictures Dawn and Darrell knew exactly what to do. They spent the day with us snapping pictures of everything! Dawn even helped tie sashes while she waited for my dress to arrive. Not many vendors will go above and beyond like that. I didn't research any other photographers so I can't compare prices but their pictures speak volumes. Check out their site and see for your self. Josh and I were married on Sunday and Dawn and Darrell had a sneak peak of several pictures ready Monday night! It was great getting to see them so soon. I would recommend Greyson Steele to everyone. Best wishes to the brides-to-be!

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • jilianleigh

Jilian · Married on 04/06/2012

This husband and wife team were so amazing to work with! My husband and I have interesting family dynamics (with each of our parents being divorced and remarried, equaling 8 parents in all!) and the photographers were sure to make all of our families feel just as important. My mother had also recently had a serious brain injury which left her having trouble moving her eyes side to side. They knew how important how she looked on my important day was to me and they were so thoughtful in the way they took the photos and the patience that they approached all of us with. The photographs are so beautiful and they felt more like friends or family by the end of the night than people who were doing work. Compliments were flying all around the entire night based on how wonderful they both were! FANTASTIC!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Awh... you made me all teary!!! :D It was truly our pleasure.... we had so much fun with you!!! Thank you for the invite to stay and party with you all, we had a long drive home with another shoot the next day!! Loved being a part of your wedding!!! Thank you!

Nestor · Married on 05/29/2010

We would highly recommend Greyson Steele Photography for your photo needs. We used them to photo our wedding. Preparing for a wedding has its own challenges and can be overwhelming at times. We had previewed and interviewed several photographers before we found Greyson Steele. Upon our first contact with Dawn she was very friendly and expressed a desire to meet our needs. This behavior did not change at all throughout our working together. Both she and her husband continued to provide A+ professional service and we felt that they went over and beyond in making sure we were satisfied. We can't wait to use them again for other photo needs. Thanks Dawn & Daryl, we wish you much success - Shonda & Nestor (May 2010)

Sent on 09/30/2010

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

Shonda & Nestor.... You two are awesome! We so enjoyed being a part of your wedding!!! Just beautiful... The Harvey Gantt Center was the perfect location for your wedding... the views were stunning... The two of you are so in love... and it was just such a beautiful celebration. We were so honored to be a part of it!

Kerry · Married on 06/25/2011

0.0

Left my first review after seeing only 10 pictures on on facebook. Those 10 pictures were good but the other 500 were not. They were off centered, had bad lighting, were blurred, dark, and were not at all what we asked for. We wanted traditional pictures and even gave examples of what we wanted. They were told it was a formal wedding and those attending were wearing tuxedos and formal dresses. The photographers showed up in cargo pants/a backwards hat and Capri pants/flip flops which you could hear as the photographer walked up and down the aisle during the ceremony. When they took pictures of my husband and I during the reception they photographers were arguing in front of us. The quality of the pictures are not profession and was not what we were told we were getting. You only get married once and these pictures are not something you can do over. Dont get taken like we did.

Sent on 08/07/2011

Greyson Steele Photography's reply:

I cannot express how hurt we are by this review. Unfortunately this review was left in order to get monetary gain or a bad review would be left (yes this does happen). We pride ourselves on our reviews and our weddings we have captured. Please take the time to read all our reviews and the reviews on other sites regarding our work & our character. We can provide email correspondences with the bride detailing their happiness with our work and services provided. This is the first review left on 08/07/11= 43 days after the wedding and 10 days after all images had been released to Kerry. Here is the original review left from Kerry and can be verified at support@weddingwire.com...
    5.0 out of 5.0 Quality of Service: (5.0/5.0)
    Responsiveness: (5.0/5.0)
    Professionalism: (5.0/5.0)
    Value: (5.0/5.0)
    Flexibility: (5.0/5.0)
    Reviewed On:
    08/07/2011
    Services Used:
    Photography

We used Greyson Steele Photography for our wedding and couldn't have picked a better photographer!!! Its a couple who does the photography and they really have an eye for it! I had a Bridal session with Dawn and she took such elegant pictures. She picked a great venue to shoot at and the pictures really showed off me as well as the dress. Closely following the wedding we received the info to view the pictures online very quickly after. We were so amazed at how great they all looked. They had pictures that were very romantic with just me and my husband to the fun party pictures at the reception. These pictures looked straight out of a magazine. If you want great prices and even better quality this is the place to go for pictures!!! We will definitely be using Greyson Steele again in the future!