Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods Reviews

71 | Duluth, MN

71 Reviews for Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods

71 Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods Reviews

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

We got married in the Moorish Room in June, and it was INCREDIBLE! First off, the whole staff was ahhh-mazing through the planning process. I am type A/OCD and planned our entire wedding, and I cannot tell you how many emails and phone calls I had with them. They were beyond helpful, detail-oriented, and patient haha. Almost all of our vendors had worked within them before, and that took a lot of worry out of the process and big day. And when the big day came, to put it simply, everything ran like clockwork, and it was STUNNING! Our guests could not stop raving about how gorgeous it all was...and how much fun they had. Choosing Greysolon was THE BEST decision we made in planning our wedding. We are so happy!

Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 1
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 8
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 9
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 10

Tracy · Married on 01/05/2018

The ballroom was a prefect fit for us! We used the grand ballroom for our ceremony and reception. The space worked perfectly for both! We also rented the moorish room for cocktail hour. Both rooms are very spacious and beautiful! Our service was very prompt and spot on from the time we first sat down with Jax to the very end! Our food was delicious to! I would recommend The Greysolon Ballroom to anyone and everyone!

Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 11
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 12
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 13
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 14
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 15
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 16
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 17

Abigail · Married on 10/14/2017

The team at Greysolon is as amazing as the venue is beautiful! My wedding was a dream because of how helpful everyone was. I didn’t have to think or worry about anything all day and there was always a helpful hand when needed. 100% would recommend to everyone! Thank you Greysolon for making our wedding perfect!

Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 18
    Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods 19

K · Married on 12/03/2016

I highly recommend Greysolon for your out of town wedding. They took care of everything for us, and it was beautiful and so well organized. We had the ceremony, dinner and dance in the Moorish room. When they ask if you want the decorations, say Yes! It was so pretty, and we didn't have to mess with that, I appreciated that they took a sincere interest in my new daughter in law's wants and advised her specifically about what worked with other weddings. Having the courtyard with the fountain to mingle in while they reset the room for dinner was lovely as well. It was the holidays, so it was also very nicely decorated. The food was excellent! We had a buffet and everything was fresh and hot. I also was so pleased that whenever we asked for something, the answer was always a yes, and they were eager to make everything work. Don't let the 10am rehearsal scare you. It was perfect. We also did the Grooms dinner at the Blackwoods the night before, and that was a great success. Have the Sheraton shuttle your group to that. Excellent caring service!

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2016

This venue is so beautiful! Food and drinks were great! We have nothing but really things to say about Jax and Kalysta and their staff! They are very genuine people who really care about their clients. We were very, very happy having our wedding reception here. Thank you ladies so much!!!

Selina · Married on 05/07/2016

We got married in the ballroom, it was beautifully perfect!!

Working with Kalysta was awesome! She was so helpful during the planning process. We were trying to maintain a budget and she probably rewrote our invoice 15 times. She always was timely and willing to answer any questions you had, even questions that were wedding related but not Greysolon related. The night of the event went smoothly as well. They directed us when to go where and asked us a few questions throughout the evening to facilitate certain areas smoothly. I also have gotten lots of awesome compliments related to the dinner service.

Nicole · Married on 12/18/2015

I got married at Greysolon on 12/18/2015 and had a wonderful experience. From the time we booked until after the wedding, everyone at Greysolon was awesome. We booked with Jax, and then for the rest of my wedding planning I was in contact with Kalysta. Both Jax and Kalysta are so sweet and so helpful. They know ALL the ins and outs of planning a wedding and they were able to answer any questions I had. Kalysta was very on top of everything I needed and she helped me so much with everything. There wasn't a detail that was forgotten.

When I showed up at Greysolon the day of my wedding, Toni and Cora were managing for the night. Both of them were so helpful. They catered to anything I needed - at one point I was getting pretty wore out and Toni even brought me water. We had pales of ale and mimosas for everyone while we were getting ready and both were exactly as we expected.

My husband and I decided to have Greysolon do our centerpieces and other accents throughout the venue, and when I got there, a gentleman checked with me to make sure it looked how I wanted. I also brought some picture frames and other things into the venue and they made sure that it was all set up where and how I wanted.

The food was fantastic. We had the champagne chicken with gorgonzola gratin potatoes and green beans. We had it plated, and it was served very quickly. Many of our guests have already commented on how good the food was. We had a couple vegetarians at our wedding, and Greysolon staff had no problem accommodating.

From the time I booked until the time the wedding was over, I felt like Greysolon met every need that I had. The venue itself is gorgeous enough for me to recommend it to anyone, but the staff made the experience one I'll never forget.

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2015

The team at Greysolon makes planning any event so much easier. I have used them for corporate events as well as my own wedding and I am always amazed at how much help they are! They don't just provide you with a space and catering. They really take care of you and your needs, as well as your guests. They are worth every penny and more!

What a beautiful reception. The ballroom has both elegance and class. It was the perfect place to have my wedding reception. Everyone at Greysolon is such a joy to work with. They are very communicative and are genuinely excited with you for your wedding day. They truly treat you like and family and will not disappoint. If you are having a wedding in Duluth, MN go with this vendor.

We chose to have our ceremony in the Moorish Room as our group was a bit smaller than most (120). The staff and service at the Greysolon is unmatched! Despite the construction going on the enhance the historical aspects of this great building, the space was beautiful and you would have never even known any construction was happening! We came from 2 states away to get married here and were told me so many guests that this was a wedding like they've never seen before! THANK YOU to the Greysolon's amazing staff for making long-distance wedding planning a breeze!

Axel · Married on 07/25/2015

We chose the Moorish Room to hold our ceremony and reception. The staff here is beyond compare, the true meaning of professionalism. The venue is stunningly beautiful and the food was amazing. We loved working with Kalysta and Jax. These ladies know what they are doing. The entire staff is amazing. They made our wedding the best experience possible. Our guests felt like they were inside a fairytale. We will definitely use them again and if you are looking for a venue to plan an event, you just can't do any better than Greysolon. All we can say is WOW!

Adele · Married on 07/10/2015

Our daughter (the bride) commented the next morning that she and her husband both felt that their wedding day had been "more wonderful than they'd ever imagined it to be." Dancing at her wedding in the Greysolon Ballroom had been a dream of hers growing up in Duluth. This couple LOVES to dance so the ballroom was the absolutely perfect venue for their wedding reception. The staff - Jax, Kalysta and their team took care of every single detail - sometimes before we even thought to ask the question! Kalysta kept in touch on a regular basis and really helped us make wise decisions along the way for everything from food and wine choices to timing of the grand march and meal service. And guests are still commenting about how fabulous the food was as. Hats off to the chef - the filet mignon & walleye duet plated meal was spectacular!

Linda · Married on 06/12/2015

How do I say how wonderful this place is to have an event. AMAZING!! Everyone should chose this as your place to have an event. They are professional and work with you to make everything work to your needs. We as a family would go here again and again for our events!!

April · Married on 10/24/2014

Greysolon was absolutely amazing! My wedding was a dream come true!

Heather · Married on 10/12/2014

Jax and Kallysta were wedding day "fairy Godmothers". The amount of work these ladies had put in for our wedding day was completely unbridled. Above and beyond what was ever imagined or expected. The staff on our wedding day were so patient, friendly, courteous and just pleasant. They addressed every simple request and made every detail stand out. Our food was amazing and every guest left with an incredible experience from the ballroom. I can not express or explain enough just how impressed and blown away my husband and I are. We managed to not only plan a wedding that was a fairy tale, but we built a relationship with these two ladies that has forever touched a part of our hearts... WAY TO GO LADIES!!

Emily · Married on 10/05/2014

LOVED working with Kalysta throughout planning our wedding!! Great food and the event manager helped make the ceremony and reception seamless. Such a wonderful night!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding day. We look forward to celebrating an anniversary with you in the future!
  • W

Will and Jaime · Married on 09/26/2014

Everyone was professional and friendly! Our day and night went smoothly and we couldn't be happier

Sent on 10/08/2014

Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was truly an honor to be a part of your very special day.

From start to finish our experience with Greysolon Ballroom and staff was truly exceptional! They were able to answer all of our questions and provide advice during the wedding planning process. They were very reliable and quick to respond to all of our questions. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to the wonderfully organized staff. Everything went smoothly from start to finish, they even knew how to get a hold of our DJ when he showed up late! My husband and I are so thankful that we were able to have our dream wedding in the Ballroom and would recommend this venue to everyone!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/30/2014

We just got married this past weekend at Greysolon Ballroom, and our wedding was nothing short of amazing. We worked with Kalysta throughout the planning process and she helped us to go through all the fine details and make sure that we had all the decisions and details in place for the big day. She was absolutely amazing to work with. In the weeks and days leading up to the wedding, I had countless people ask me if I was stressed out for the wedding. And, I had to say...with all of Kalysta's help, planning was a breeze, and we didn't even think of wedding details the last two weeks leading up to the big day. On the day of, the staff was fabulous. Many of our guests had never been to Duluth or Greysolon, and were very impressed with the venue, the great food, and the awesome staff. We can't tell you how many times we have heard our guests say that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. THANK YOU Greysolon staff, for making our day unbelievable. We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day.

Whoa!!!! GREAT people, GREAT service, BEAUTIFUL place. I would recommend this place to any one it was a dream come true!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods's reply:

Thank you so very much for your incredible review! We are so thankful to have been chosen as your venue on your wedding day. Thank you for the honor planning and hosting your special day.

Alysia · Married on 07/05/2014

It was a great venue, the staff was very prompt and helpful to the needs of the guests.

I am so happy with my decision to have my wedding at the Greysolon ballroom. The staff is seriously wonderful! I had my ceremony and reception in the moorish room and everything went smoothly, the staff is incredible and the whole building is SO beautiful! Any time I emailed or called my questions were answered in a timely fashion, they are all courteous and professional.

kate · Married on 04/26/2014

EVERYTHING was perfect! From they help with the girls at the ballroom planning the wedding with you. To the service the day of and them going out of their way to make you happy. Every question you have is answered fast and with great detail to assure you feel great about your decision. NOT to even mention the beauty of this place! Pictures turn out beautiful and they dont even do it justice when you are there! FOOD was amazing! We would not of changed one thing about getting married at the Greysolon Ballroom!

Anna · Married on 04/05/2014

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception in the main ballroom at the Greysolon April 2014. The whole experience was AMAZING!!!

We worked with Kalysta and Jax and their attention to detail and knowledge was fabulous. They went above and beyond in all aspects. We are from the Twin Cities, so planning a wedding from a distance was a little concerning at first, but they were a huge help the entire time!

We could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding and Greysolon was a huge part of making that dream come true!