Gregg Kits, DD, Wedding Officiant Reviews

87 | Clifton, NJ

87 Reviews for Gregg Kits, DD, Wedding Officiant

• User4420616 · 2+ years ago

Gregg made our day so special and memorable! We truly felt blessed and honored to have him unite us.

Thank you Gregg...

Sent on 09/23/2014

I have known Gregg a long time, so he was a natural choice for officiating our renewal of vows ceremony. I have come to expect a certain level of professionalism from him, but he has truly impressed me. We had family coming in from all over and many of the details were last minute, but he was very open to a flexible schedule and put me instantly at ease. I could not have hoped for a better experience planning this special day.

Jimmy · Married on 08/02/2014

I have known Gregg for more than 10 yrs. Just for his wedding day I drove from Florida to new jersey because he is worth it. I used to work for him, and still today, he was and always will be a brother to me. On his wedding day I was amazed of how it was all coordinated.. it was such a beautiful wedding and everyone that organized it deserves an A+ for their hard work and dedication. Thank you gregg for inviting me for your new chapter of your life... it was totally worth the drive.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Very professional and knowledgeable. Very caring and was patient with us when deciding how and when to plan for our ceremony.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Gregg is simply amazing in everything he does. He is warm, and sincere, and will make your special day, even more special. He puts his heart, and soul into making every detail perfect.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Christopher · Married on 05/20/2017

Gregg is a wonderful guy - he's a sweetheart with a wonderfully witty sense of humor, and he made sure to help us make our ceremony represent "us." He provided great sample scripts which were perfect for people who had no idea where to even start, and when I gave him a draft script he helped polish it to perfection. He's got a great collection of readings that range from sappy to grounded to somewhat humorous, and he's open to I think just about any suggestion you might have to make your ceremony what you want it to be. I honestly thought it was kind of cute that he sounded almost nervous or choked up during the ceremony, and I think that it was because he seems so invested in each couple he marries. He's witty and funny, but he's also clearly a man who loves celebrating love. Book him, and make a new friend.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Kyra · Married on 09/08/2016

3.0

Excellent service and would be 5 stars all across but a few minor things. Everything worked out, though and all in all, we would recommend.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Gregg Kits, DD, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Kyra your wedding certificate does not come from me.... You or your husband has to go to the town hall in the town you were married in and see the Registrar to get a certificate. NJ law only allows the couple married to get a marriage certificate.

They were good, flexible and very accommodating. They helped with everything and were very informative.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Nadia · Married on 04/17/2016

Reverend Gregg is an outstanding officiant. He was extremely helpful through the entire wedding ceremony. He is very spoken and arrived early to our wedding to meet our families and go over things with everyone.
    We had so many comment on how well he did and how special our ceremony was.

Sent on 05/05/2016
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/13/2019

4.2

Very knowledgeable and professional

We found Reverend Gregg on Wedding Wire and really liked that he also does counseling. When we met with him in person, we absolutely loved his personality and how knowledgeable he is about wedding ceremonies, down to even what type of suit works for a particular venue at a particular time, and other details we had not even considered before. We were so glad to have him officiate our wedding. While our ceremony was beautiful and we received a ton of compliments regarding it, we were a bit surprised at the time of our ceremony when it turned pretty religious, which is not the ceremony we had opted for. While our families did not know any differently, we knew we had not picked something so religious because my husband is not religious at all. It threw us off since we had provided the specifics of the ceremony we wanted weeks before our wedding day. Nonetheless, it was a nice ceremony and Reverend Gregg even knew to move away during our big kiss so that the photographers could get the “money shot” of just the two of us. I would still recommend him to others despite our misunderstanding about the ceremony format.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Gregg Kits, DD, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words. New Brides love to see reviews like yours! We pride ourselves with everything you said!

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

3.5

When we looked for someone to marry us I knew I needed to find someone to fit my budget. Greg did fit mt budget outside not knowing the rehearsal fee $150 we were happy with the price given and what he offered. Our Service was short and sweet, took about 10 mins. He walked us through and sent us the reading prior which I liked so I could know what to do. Recommended with a budget under $600.

Sent on 08/30/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/29/2019

2.6

I wish I could have rated 5 stars

When we first booked with Gregg Kits for our wedding, he seemed like a genuine guy, ready to prepare what we wanted for our wedding! However, the day before the wedding, at the rehearsal dinner, we were informed that it would be someone else officiating our wedding. I would have been okay with it, however I was not told by Gregg, who is the one we expected to be there. I let it go and put my faith into the officiant that would be officiating us on the day of our wedding, Roger. However. He was WAY late! The ceremony was supposed to start at 430, and he didnt show up until 5! When I reached out to Gregg, who normal responds quickly, and told him how upset that I was, I recieved no answer. We spent good money on services for them to not be met.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Kayla

Yes Roger called you over an hour before the ceremony that he was in traffic. At this time as you are quite aware there was a torrential hail storm and Route 80 was moving at a snail pace. Roger arrived at 4:45 and was standing next to your now husband and the best man. The videographer had his lapel microphone on Roger and minutes later he was told to go home. Your ceremony was scheduled between 4:30 and 5:30 we were clearly within our time considering the ceremony you selected was only 14 minutes long we should have started the ceremony at 5:30 or 5:45. Since the cocktail hour did not start till 6pm. At the time he was asked to leave he had called me and minutes later I got an email from you saying he was not there yet, and in fact he was there standing right next to your now husband and the best man. He was told someone else was officiating. As far as who was to officiate your wedding it was assigned to Roger the day you booked your wedding. And yes when I am at a wedding I am not going to take phone calls and interrupt another couple ceremony. You knew I was not to officiate your wedding at the rehearsal. If it was a question you could have reached out to me then or had Vince who conducted your rehearsal reach out to me. Our website is very clear that we have multiple officiants.