Green Gables Estate Reviews

Green Gables Estate 3
Green Gables Estate 4
Green Gables Estate 5

Eunice · Married on 10/04/2014

Staff: I was so pleased with my experience with the team here at Green Gables. The staff there are probably the nicest people you'll ever meet. I did have my own wedding coordinator on site and a bridal assistant! She made sure that I had food to eat during the cocktail hour as I was getting ready. The coordinators were easy to reach. The only down fall was during the planning process I met with different coordinators which made it difficult to make sure everyone was on the same page. One person can interpret one thing differently from the other.

Venue: The venue is absolutely stunning, and they are constantly improving the estates. This venue provides the outdoor and indoor feel. The bridal suite has the vintage look with love seats and tons of mirrors. It is a breathtaking site for every bride that steps foot onto the estate grounds. There are fountains, archways, chandeliers, market lights, and rose gardens. Need I say more?

Food: The food vendors they are contracted with are also amazing. They provide a variety of food that will please everyone. My guests were all happy with the cocktail hour tray pass and seated dinner. They addressed that everything was delicious to the very last bite. The cake display was a real cake and not fake like some places I've heard of. How can you have a fake cake display? The cake flavor selection is so huge it's hard to decide what you want. But you can't go wrong with any of them. The cake is moist and tasty, not too sweet and just right.

Flexibility: I had to give them a 4.5/5 because there were some things I wanted but they could not accommodate such as a live band. I settled for a DJ which wasn't too bad. I was lucky enough to have gotten a DJ not from their vendor list. That was nice of them to do since I couldn't have my live band. Of course there are contracts you need done before this happens.

Overall: I had a great experience and would recommend this place to any bride that wants picturesque opportunities.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Trang · Married on 04/27/2013

The moment I arrived I knew this was the place I wanted to get married. The landscaping is beautiful and very intimate. You would not realize you were in a residential area. I didn't need to add much detail as far as decor for my wedding because the location/gardens were enough. They offer 3 packages which can be customized to your liking. Even a cake baker is included, which eliminated 1 more thing for me to take care of.

I left one start off for professionalism because of their time management/organization-- I had a handful of appointments at the venue with various coordinators and at each visit we did not start on time. My now husband and I would be waiting for at least 20-30 minutes before our appointment would start. There was even one appointment I was called the day before and asked to come in earlier and yet I was still left waiting. Another situation that left us unhappy with services was that a month before our wedding, I was called and asked to move the date of my rehearsal. Apparently they had been hired by a last minute bride to get married that day and her husband was preparing to be deployed. Of course I had to say yes. I did not want to ruin it for another bride. However, It was already hard enough to coordinate for our bridal party to request off (and travel from out-of-town) to arrange for the original date of rehearsal. Luckily, it wasn't too much of a hassle to make the changes to our schedule, however, I felt as though the venue had no problem taking on another wedding/$$$ at the expense of my time. We were compensated for this inconvenience with an added feature at our wedding.

Despite these cons, the wedding day was like a fairy tale!! The issues we faced leading up to the day were definitely redeemed then. The wedding coordinator was by my side at all times and I was even provided an assistant throughout the day to make sure there wasn't anything I needed or if I was feeling okay. I was the happiest bride that day!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Kelley · Married on 11/10/2012

This feedback is pretty late. I had written a review back in November 2012, but I guess it was too long, and I spent too much time typing that it did not go through when I clicked submit, and all of what I wrote disappeared, and I was too tired and upset to re-type it all. :(

Anyway, since my wedding back in November 11, 2012. I have attended two weddings this year, and boy was I so appreciative with the quality of service and choice of venue My husband and I made.

First of all almost everyone that were invited to my wedding attended these other two weddings, and they always keep reminding me about how good the food was at my wedding, and that they really loved how they can serve themselves more if they wanted to (I got the buffet service) because there was a lot of food. I really wish I can go back and taste our wedding food all over again since my husband and I didn't get to enjoy it much because we had to attend to our guests, so future brides and grooms....make sure to set sometime to enjoy their delicious food. In case you are wondering what food we chose. We got the following:
    -Mediterranean Salad
    -Chicken Cordon Blue
    -Carne Asada
    -Red Skinned Smashed Potatoes
    -Baby Carrots and Asparagus
    *Make sure to attend their food tasting event!

Another thing that stood out when I compare my wedding to these other two weddings I went to, is the quality of service we received from all the staff members. Bernadette was our coordinator, and she did a great job getting all my ideas and making them come alive on the day of.

I would like to thank the Green Gable Wedding Event staff for the AMAZING job you did in making my wedding vision come alive! I love, love, love how you all decorated our sweetheart table! It looked oh so lovely! It was so nice to see all of our hard work come together so beautifully and smoothly! :)

Overall, we truly had a lovely experience, and our guests did as well. I wish I could go back and re-live it all over again. Hehe :)

Sent on 01/05/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2012

This venue is the perfect venue if you want an outside wedding. Everyone at Twin Oaks is amazingly nice and extremely helpful. It is a beautiful place that is private. Only 1 wedding a day, so the place is yours. Everyone is there to help out! So happy we picked Twin Oaks as our place to get married. A PERFECT DAY!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2012

We were looking for a rustic, vintage-style private wedding venue to have our outdoor wedding in the San Diego area and with one just visit to Green Gables wedding estate we realized we had found just that and so much more. Green Gables is beautiful; affordable (we got married on a Thursday) and a fun, intimate venue which allows your guests to wander through pretty gardens, an old school house, lit with twinkling lights, fountains, and an awesome huge tent for the reception with colour-coordinated lighting, vintage chandeliers, and a dance floor…
    We liked that the wedding package included our cake, pastries, coffee bar, easy menu choices, and a wide variety of props and furniture to get the vintage look that you are after without having to go and buy old suitcases yourself. The package also came with day-of wedding assistant and wedding coordinator. We actually had the coordinator run our wedding rehearsal and everything went beautifully. The wedding assistant was extremely helpful helping out with dress, veil, etc... on the day for getting around between picture locations. The wedding coordinator maintained our schedule perfectly and went the extra mile ensuring that us (bride and groom) had everything we needed so that we could enjoy spending time with our guests.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Skylar · Married on 10/19/2013

3.5

I had my wedding here and thought it was beautiful and fabulous. I only wish they allowed the music to be louder and go on past 10pm. Beyond that, I found the food to be delicious, the setting to be gorgeous, and the staff to be lovely :) Thank you, Green Gables!!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Sara · Married on 06/30/2012

Green Gables Wedding Estate is one of the most beautiful venues I've ever been to. My only requirement when looking for a venue was that it needed a big beautiful tent for the reception...and Green Gables delivers. The people were nice and helpful, our coordinator Bernadette was great, and the rest of the staff was friendly as well. Many of the linen and chair upgrades were not worth the money so we had to stay minimal with those...but everything else was fantastic. I loved working with such a wonderful place and my wedding looked exactly like I wanted it to. And for a teacher like myself, there's nothing sweeter than having the schoolbell ring as you and your husband make your grand exit :)

Sent on 07/31/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2012

They really worked with us to find the right options that fit our taste and budget. They also allowed us to add some of our own special touches which was really nice since my mom is an event planner and we wanted to do some special things for my wedding (like setting up our own chocolate fountain).

Just be very careful to read EVERYTHING in the contract. For example, since it is an outdoor venue, we had to turn off the music by 10pm, which was pretty early for us and we didn't realize till after signing the contract that this was the rule.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Katrina · Married on 02/11/2012

Beautiful location and very kind employees! I was very lucky to book them at last minute because they get booked fast! The venue is very vintage and princess like. I loved it and my pictures turned out great! So much beauty to capture on such a special day!

Sent on 08/23/2012
  • Mckenna

Mckenna Coleman · Married on 11/07/2019

Amazing! Simply amazing!

It is a little pricey of a venue but definitely worth it. We paid for 150 guests. The food was amazing. They have little events leading up to your date where you get to meet other couples, drink, eat Hors d’oeuvres, play games, listen to a great DJ, and get some ideas for your wedding. Everybody is very professional. Account for the cost of security, tips, vendor meals, and anything extra you would like to rent from them. The liquor license costs quite a bit as well and you have to provide the alcohol. Venue is gorgeous and your guests will appreciate it. I had so many people come up to my husband and I claiming this was the best wedding and prettiest venue they’ve ever seen. I would suggest making sure you know your guest count for sure before you sign a contract because you can’t get a reduced rate for less guests once you sign it. Hannah was our coordinator and she was amazing.

Green Gables Estate 6
    Green Gables Estate 14
    Green Gables Estate 15
    Sent on 11/19/2019

Esther · Married on 03/25/2016

Great venue! From the moment we walked up for our tour we knew this was the venue for us. We are so excited to be married there in just under six months!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Carlos & Audra · Married on 08/24/2013

4.2
      3.0

The venue is beautiful and completely private. The staff is fantastic and they even provide you with a bridal assistant (which we didn't expect). On our wedding day, they completely went out of their way to make sure we didn't have to worry about anything other than enjoying our day. It was great!... perfect example: we hired a band to play during cocktail hour and they weren't answering our phone calls that day so we didn't know if they were going to show up or not. The staff at green gables told me not to worry, they would handle calling them and making sure there was some sort of backup in case the band didn't show... Ultimately, it all worked out great but it was nice to have their support and reassurance... Yes, you do have to stop the party at 10 (a major bummer) but it was worth it because the venue makes the day seem like a fantasy. There are also many "add-on's" but no real surprises, we decided against most of them and it still looked fantastic.

Sent on 09/16/2013

2.2
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5
      1.5

Green Gables is a beautiful venue. Photos come out stunning because the lighting captures well and is gorgeous. the downfall is that the staff is not professional. They change their words from the first meeting, when you signed the contract. The entire planning process was frustrating for me personally since they kept changing their words (with what kind of decoration they have available, from cake options, even payment methods). Each staff I spoke with gave me different answers. They also don't really keep up with the contract so make sure you read the contract and know what services you are supposed to be getting. After a year of planning, the wedding was beautiful but it was super stressful!

Sent on 09/23/2014

0.4
      0.0
      0.5

DO NOT USE THIS WEDDING VENUE!!!!

My husband & I recently got married at this wedding venue. Although it looks pretty, the problems that you will encounter are not worth it. There's so much to discuss, but I only have a limited amount of space...
    1. Although this venue claims to be "all inclusive" (which initially attracted us to it) the only thing this includes is basic white napkins, plastic cups, and the venue itself. If you want to use any glassware at your wedding it will cost you $3/type of cup/pp.
    2. Apparently there is a noise requirement at Green Gables that they do not disclose to you in your contracts. We only learned about this from the many djs we interviewed. They stand outside the dance floor w/ a decibel reader.
    3. they give tours during your wedding & the grooms room, the school house, will be used for meetings w/ other couples.
    4.they are never on time for their meetings with you (one meeting they were 3 hours late..)
    5. watch your wedding cards, lots of ours disappeared
    6. they require vendors to leave them positive reviews in order to be on their "preferred list"-- thats why they have lots of positive reviews!!!

Sent on 08/28/2013