Green Apple Weddings & Events Reviews

63 | Newtown, CT

63 Reviews for Green Apple Weddings & Events

63 Green Apple Weddings & Events Reviews

Kathy · Married on 08/22/2009

Kate at Green Apple Weddings was such a pleasure to work with. Even though she only acted as a Day of Coordinator she was always available for me to ask questions, was willing to do everything she could and offering suggestions to help things run smoothly. On the day of she and her assistant made sure everything ran smoothly and adeptly handled a few mishaps that had she not told me about, I would never have noticed. Working with her made the day made the day feel effortless and things just fell into place without us having to do anything. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the day and had SOOOO much fun because of it.

D. · Married on 05/08/2009

I highly recommend Kate O'Donnell's services for your wedding and party organizations. She was the day planner of my wedding and a henna party the evening before. I feel lucky not only to have Kate's professionalism and very detail oriented approach in the preparations but also her naturalness and flow in hosting. No need to say both of my events went flawless and all guests were very delighted. Kate is very resourceful, proactive and also a great communicator, and a listener...all that you can expect from a planner. Kate helped me to find the best henna artist in town for the henna night, offered insight and options on every level and resolved all potential conflicts with vendors, band etc. without any tension during my wedding. I was truly impressed with her responsiveness getting back to me on all questions within minutes. She spotted all lose ends and stepped in to take care of them quickly, often going beyond her day of the event planning responsibilities. If you chose Kate O'Donnell's services you will feel your needs will be taken care with utmost respect, care and attention and you will be able to enjoy, even your own wedding...

Lisa · Married on 04/25/2009

What can I say! Kate and her staff at Green Apple Weddings went above and beyond the call of duty. They were amazing - like family by the end! Professional, always willing to go the extra mile, willing to listen as I stressed about small details, kind, generous. I can't say enough about them. While I hired Kate as my day of coordinator, we had several meetings before the day of the wedding and thousands of emails. She provided expert advice and support as I was finishing up the final details, giving me much more than just help on the day of the wedding. She really made sure that I stayed on schedule with my planning. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing. They were always one step ahead. The wedding was the best day of my life and it was fantastic to be able to enjoy it and not have to think about a single detail. I can't thank them enough.

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2008

Kate at Green Apple kept me sane during my engagement year!!! What set Kate apart... is that she just cared, plain and simple, and she just 'got us'. She took the time to get to know us, and i really really felt like we 'were in it together'. She was not pushy or 'type A' the way that other planners were at the initial meeting. She just listened to what we wanted and was excited to go through the journey with us. There was no detail too small or too big for Kate. I always felt like we were her first and only client because she was enthusiastic about absolutely EVERYTHING!!! And then.... her professionalism and expertise came through when she would say.... "oh, i've done a couple weddings here, i'll talk to ______ for you", or she would offer creative solutions to problems that inevitably arise. Green Apple is also unbelievably cost effective! Let's face it, the costs associated with having a wedding are so inflated, that it's criminal!!! Green Apple is the only vendor that we had where i felt like we were UNDERpaying and getting more value than we anticipated.

After talking with other wedding planners in the beginning, i really felt like i would have just rather plan our own wedding than have to deal with a planner who didnt see our vision, but having gone through it, there is now way i would have done it without Green Apple.

I've since recommended Green Apple to every friend of ours getting married in this area, and i like to check in on Kate every couple of months just to say hello.

Virginia · Married on 06/14/2008

Kate of Green Apple Weddings is not just wonderful, but for us was a gift as well as huge eye opener. My husband and I are both creative, very hands on & self-sufficient. We hoped to create our entire wedding on our own - from our vows to flower arrangements.. all the way down to our handmade guest book. We booked a cozy little restaurant with a gorgeous garden for the night and figured all we would need to do is fill it with our loved ones, great music, food and decorations. Yes, those are the essentials but once the ball got rolling it dawned on us that we needed extra help the day of our wedding. When we got closer to the actual day and met with Kate it was clear that a bit more than 'day of' coordination would be better and that working with Kate would give us the opportunity to be in the moment leading up to our wedding and really infuse our celebration with our personalities. Something we are *SO* glad we did!

Kate is creative, wonderfully resourceful and after seeing her handle a few curve balls the day of our wedding I'd like to add that she is *unflappable*. Aside from her ease of coordinating & combining our ideas with the logistics of our space & resources (no easy task!), Kate contributed many excellent ideas that created a smooth flow of events and tied everything together. Little details that came our way ahead of time were never problems, always challenges for which she had simple solutions. Bigger details that came our way during our wedding were smoothly handled without our knowledge or involvement - rain & thunder of epic proportions forced a handful of significant last minute changes that Kate wrangled without anyone noticing.

It's true, your wedding day goes by so quickly.. I can't imagine spending any of that precious time doing anything but celebrating with Dave and our family & friends. Everyone had the best time and Dave and I were able to have our ceremony in the garden.. our biggest wish!

We're very grateful for having met & worked with Kate!

Hafeeza · event on: 11/19/2015

I've worked with Kate O'Donnell Diaz in 2013 on a last-minute wedding for my boss who was overseas until the day before the ceremony. We had three weeks to pull off a 100+ guest list at Riverside Church (ceremony) and at Columbia University (reception). Kate artfully managed the circus and I was actually able to be a guest. She was calm, collected and professional, and the event was a success.

Therefore, it was a no-brainer to re-hire Kate when I moved to another job in 2015 and was tasked with planning a gala at the United Nations. Kate handled the last-minute emergencies seamlessly. Incredibly, I was again able to enjoy the evening as a guest as Kate adeptly smoothed out the behind-the-scenes hiccups.

I highly recommend Kate, and will certainly hire her again for any future event planning.

amy · Married on 09/24/2016

Kate was fantastic as my day of coordinator. She worked with me in the weeks before to ensure all the final details were taken care of. On the big day, when the venue coordinator didn't show, she stepped up to the plate resolved every issue thrown at her calmly and confidently. I'm so thankful for all she did to make our day the best one ever!

Melissa · Married on 05/07/2011

Kate was the Day Of Coordinator for my wedding at The Metropolitan Building. She had worked weddings there before and was familiar with the way things worked at the venue, which is VERY different than a catering hall type of venue. She was so helpful in contacting all my vendors right before the wedding and especially helpful the day of. She showed up early in the morning and was there until the very end.....I really don't know how I would have managed if she was not there the day of! Thank-you so much Kate!

Melissa

Anjie · Married on 11/06/2010

Kate was a blessing. I really felt like a guest at my own wedding. Kate made sure that we ironed out all the little details before the big day so things ran smoothly. If you don't want to be the frazzled, stressed bride make sure Kate is in your corner.

3.5

Kate O'Donnell Diaz and her crew are top-flight coordinators. Kate is extremely knowledgeable, warm, and generous with her time. I was particularly grateful for the expertise she was willing to share with me even before I had contracted her to be my wedding coordinator. In a lengthy preliminary phone conversation, she shared numerous tips and recommendations. I hired Kate only to be my day-of coordinator, but she was much more than that. We were in regular contact in the months leading up to my wedding, including a walk-through at my wedding location together. Anyone could benefit from Kate's gracious professionalism. For someone at an usual site--my wedding was at the kooky but lovable Metropolitan Building in Long Island City, where Kate has done dozens of weddings--she may well be indispensable.

Corinne · Married on 06/29/2013

Kate was wonderful and very friendly. She did a good job under a lot of pressure and with my extremely large wedding party - it was not easy to direct or trouble shoot every issue. She was very responsive to my questions/emails, created specific plans/run of shows and was very flexible with very short lead time. As an event planner, I was very happy to have Kate in the weeds for me making sure all of the things that could go wrong were addressed by someone other than me on my wedding day. Well worth the pricing, which was very fair and a true value.

jen · Married on 10/09/2010

We opted for a less traditional venue and hired Kate for her expertise with that particular location. Looking back, I don't know how we would have accomplished what we did without her assistance. There is so much more to do than one anticipates, and Kate was able to magically make things happen behind the scenes so that we could focus on prepping ourselves and not the space on the day of. She also lent me her ear and shoulder during the months preceding the wedding, reassuring me when things felt out of control that my expectations would be met. And she was right! I highly recommend Kate's services.

diana · Married on 08/15/2009

Kate is extremely well organized, listens to her clients and has a cordial and professional attitude. I would highly recommend her.