Greatime DJ Reviews

Greatime DJ 4
Greatime DJ 5
Greatime DJ 6

Brittany · Married on 08/18/2013

Could not have asked for better - extremely impressed with Fred Hammond and GreaTime DJs!

Sent on 09/28/2013

We chose Eric to DJ our wedding, and he was absolutely fantastic. The whole event could not have gone better, and it was in large part because he did such a good job. People have told us they really had a blast and the dancefloor was rocking the whole evening.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Laurie · Married on 08/17/2013

Eic, with A Great Time DJ's was our guy for the ceremony and the reception, and he did an amazing, perfect job! I think that he was absolutely the Best. He played everything we really wanted to hear, and added some fun music that kept everyone on the dance floor. I could not have asked for better- he has an awesome personality, and gave us everything we needed to have the best time ever.

Sent on 10/30/2013

I should start by saying that we wanted a band at our wedding. But, due to 1) the remote venue location, 2) our inability to find a band that wasn't cheesy 3) referrals from other vendors and 4) our bluegrassy taste in music, we decided to hire a DJ. We were lucky enough to book the owner of the DJ company, Erik, and convince him to travel outside of their normal geographic area. He was extremely responsive and easy to work with - I planned most of the wedding myself and used a day-of coordinator. So, I wasn't exactly dialed on set-up needs from the get go like a planner would have been and he worked through details with me over the course of the year. Their music database is so huge - you can pick genres you like and songs you don't like to help narrow it down. We chose a first dance song that wasn't in the database - no problem at all. Erik helped emcee the event to advise our guests when to move upstairs for dinner and downstairs for dancing, announced all toasts. Erik read the crowd all night and kept people up and moving for hours. Not only did we love the DJ experience, but the venue staff said he was the best DJ they'd had up there - and you know those servers hear wedding music three times a week all year long. I should also mention that we were supposed to get married outside and there was a long and heavy downpour. When our string trio, guests and wedding party had to shift to a last minute plan B inside ceremony, none of our vendors - including Erik - batted an eye at shifting equipment or timing. Just like they advertise - they are not cheesy. In fact, when a few guests requested the Electric Slide, Erik pulled me aside to ask if it was ok to play. Colorado girls, these guys will play anything - but they know we don't want the chicken dance but would love to hear Yonder. I highly recommend GreatTimeDJs.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Greatime DJ's reply:

Thank you! I loved Telluride - your wedding was beautiful

erik :)

Brian · Married on 07/20/2013

We booked Joe Kania to DJ our wedding. We had people come up to us after the wedding that said their significant other usually never dances and this is the first time ever. Joe did a great job getting people involved. He was professional and fun at the same time. Joe Kania and Great time DJ did an amazing job and made our wedding an experience that we will never forget.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Erik from a Great Time DJ was amazing from start to finish! He responded right away when I reached out to him, he was detailed, thorough, and helpful in his explanation of services, he was friendly, genuine, and was interested in getting to know me and my fiance, he was professional and prompt, but most of all, he nailed the music at the reception! He made sure everyone was on the dance floor and stayed on the dance floor! He really customized the music to the setting and to people's interest and requests. Everyone said I wouldn't have time to dance at my own wedding but I was out there on the dance floor with everyone else! We had such a good time and I can't thank Erik enough!! A very talented DJ and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Adam · Married on 07/13/2013

Erik was a FANTASTIC wedding DJ. Our group was almost all friends and same-age relatives, so we didn't want to spend half the party playing the typical mix of motown and oldies until the wrinkled family members needed to turn in. Erik was wholly responsive to this. Starting right after the first dance, he got the party started and kept it going all night. There wasn't a moment that the dance floor wasn't completely full. He played everything on our "must play" list and did an awesome job picking other songs.

Given how responsive he was, if you're looking for a more typical set of wedding music, I'm 100% sure he can roll that way too.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Katie · Married on 06/15/2013

I don't have one negative thing to say about my experience with Great Time DJs. We contacted them about pricing, availability, etc. They were great at getting a feel for what we were looking for and assigned a DJ they believed would make us happy. Our DJ was Jeffery D'Amico and he was perfect! He took the time to talk to both me and my (now) husband separately so he could make sure we were BOTH happy and assured us we would be. The event information form we filled out prior to the wedding date asked a lot of very specific questions such as which songs were to be played when, what we'd like the DJ to wear, and what ended up to be important to us was how flexible our timeline and playlist were. Long story short, in addition to the venue our guests raved about the DJ. He did a fabulous job of reading the crowd, kept the party going all night, was flexible with our timeline, and even managed to remind us a couple of times that we still needed to cut a cake. Thank goodness for Jeffery! He was really wonderful and made our wedding a great time for everyone! I would definitely recommend Great Time DJs and Jeffery.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Bill · Married on 02/23/2013

We couldnt have asked for a better DJ than Jeff. Come to think of it, we couldnt have imagiend a more perfect DJ than Jeff. Not only was he professional in every regard, but he was also a perfect match for us both in musical tastes and personality. He did a fabulous job at starting with the requests we provided and coming up with a perfect playlist. He was also spectacular at reading the crowd and adapting to any given moment. Im not much for dancing in general, and was somewhat hesitant to have a DJ at first, but now I cant imagine our Wedding being anywhere near as perfect as it was without Jeff's invaluable contributions. I dont think I left the dance floor for more than a couple of minutes the entire evening, and if you knew me that would speak volumes beyond the 5-star review.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Fred at Great Time did a PHENOMENAL job! He got a good idea of what we liked/didn't like and did an amazing job of reading the crowd. The cocktail hour and dinner music were perfect -- and the dance floor was packed the entire time. Many people (both friends and family) requested the play list. Couldn't have gone better....

Sent on 10/11/2012

Megan · Married on 08/11/2012

We can't say enough good things about Great Time Dj's. They did an above and beyond stellar job at our wedding reception. They were great at reading the crowd and keeping/getting people onto the dance floor. Extremely professional and easy to work with they responded to emails almost immediately. We had multiple people come up and tell us it was the best wedding music for any wedding they'd been to and ask to have their details - these guys are awesome.

We also got our photo booth through them and it was also a total hit! They made the whole process really simple and no stress. Our guests thought it was great too.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Tom · Married on 07/21/2012

I can't recommend A Great Time DJ enough. Fred was the DJ at my wedding and we had people dancing the entire time. I know that you probably think I am biased because it was my wedding, but we have received many calls/texts from friends who were at our wedding that were disappointed that the music at the other wedding/the DJ was not nearly as good.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Julie · Married on 07/14/2012

We were so pleased with our DJ, Bob. He played great music and kept the party going. He took time to personally meet with us a week before the wedding and also added some personal touches to our wedding reception. We also appreciated the responsiveness and communication from Great Time DJs. Thanks for helping make our special day everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 12/31/2011

DJ Bob was fantastic! He made all our requests (no matter how obscure) work with his other choices. He kept the dance floor occupied without having to play the typical crowd pleasers (like YMCA or the Chicken Dance). The original DJ we requested was unavailable, but it turned out to be a blessing because we absolutely loved Bob! In addition to being very knowledgeable of music past and present, he was so nice and extremely accommodating. A+++

Sent on 01/30/2012

Molly · Married on 09/30/2011

DJ Erik was professional and really fun to work with. He was very accommodating while planning, listened to our requests and made great recommendations. We planned our wedding while living in Philadelphia and Erik was easy to get in touch with and quick to respond to my emails. Not only was he a great MC and DJ, he expertly monitored the energy of the guests to continually make the atmosphere upbeat and fun. We really felt that he understood the vibe we were going for (Colorado classy heading towards fun, but without being cheesy!). We wanted our grandparents to enjoy the classics from Frank and Dean during cocktail hour and our friends to enjoy the latest hits on the dance floor. Our friends still talk about what a great dance party it was and how they weren't ready for it to end! I highly recommend working with A Great Time DJs, especially DJ Erik!

Sent on 02/07/2012

Jelisa · Married on 09/24/2011

A Great Time D.J was such a great company to work with for our Beaver Creek wedding! Jeff D'Amico was perfect, great to discuss details with beforehand, able to keep the crowd up and dancing the entire night and had a great personality throughout the entire reception. I highly recommend them for your wedding reception!!

Sent on 01/30/2012

DJ Carve (Evan) did an awesome job! The music and MCing wer great. Carve recorded our toasts,then did some editing and sent them to us! The sound quality is awesome. When we listen, we feel like were back in the Beaver Creek Club, listening as a guest at our wedding! Evan also recorded our first dance songs. On our request he sped up the song-Kenny and Dolly Islands in the Stream for better dancing. He sent us this recording with the toasts, so we now have it to dance to.

Well spread the word about Evan's great performance that exceeded expectations!

Thank you greattimedj and DJ Carve for recording the toasts and for the great musical vibe at our wedding.

Best,
    Brett and Carrie

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/03/2011

Erik did such a fantastic job at our wedding it's hard to fully describe what an amazing dj he truly is. He is very personable, easy to talk to and definitely knows what he's doing. I'm usually not even a huge dancer but he managed to get me out on the dance floor most of the night, which is a feat in itself. Even my 80 year old grandma made it out for a few songs without her walker and all those teenagers that were too cool to dance at first, yup they got out there too. He was so wonderful, not only with the playlists he came up with but, he took on double duty and kindly reminded us and our venue at certain times that it was cake time, toast time, first dance, etc. I'm telling you without him those things probably wouldn't have happened I had lost such track of time. I credit him for the nights flow going so smoothly. He far exceeded any expectation I had and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a dj. Their name says it all.

Sent on 09/16/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/30/2011

Erik did a fabulous job at our wedding - he got everyone out to the dance floor the entire night...even my 3 brothers, who I have never seen on the dance floor! I think almost everyone stayed the entire night until the last song was played. Thanks again Erik for helping make our day so amazing!

Sent on 10/02/2011

Paige · Married on 06/19/2011

These guys are great to work with. Very pleasant, well priced and fun!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Kate · Married on 06/04/2011

Jeff D'Amico from A Great Time DJ'd our wedding on June 4 2011. He was great, it was a great balance between honoring our input and requests and reading the crowd and keeping them out there. The dance floor was packed from the moment it opened until the reception venue was forcing us to go, and that was after a morning ceremony and scheduled guest activities all day - we really thought people would turn in earlier and it was a nice surprise to have people get crazy! They were really responsive on email in advance of the wedding, and Jeff had a really good manner as we'd requested not too much cheesy "mc'ing" - he really just said the minimum and played great music which was what we wanted. he was dressed nicely too and fit right in, he looked like a guest, i have seen wedding dj's either look sloppy or look way overdressed in a tux when it's not a black tie wedding - they were very responsive to what we wanted rather than a formula of theirs for how receptions go.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Anthony · Married on 04/02/2011

Fred w/ A Great Time DJ's was awesome! He was extremely professional and really tailored the music to exactly what we wanted. He felt out the crowd and knew exactly how to keep the dance floor packed all night long! Don't bother looking anywhere else because he's the best! Anthony

Sent on 04/16/2011

Kelsey · Married on 01/29/2011

A+++. All we did was fill out the online preferences. Compliments started flowing as soon as we arrived to our reception. Guests loved the background music for cocktail hour. We actually extended past our original end time due to how well he kept the dance floor going. 2 guests proclaimed” best wedding DJ ever!”

Sent on 04/18/2011

chelsea · Married on 08/14/2010

Jeffry was ALL about pleasing US and finding out our music taste, as well as how to make it blend with creating a great atmosphere for a fun party. Friendly, professional, and passionate! Kept the dance floor full alll night!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Carrie · Married on 05/29/2010

Look no further if you're hiring a DJ for a Colorado mountain wedding. Erik at A Great Time DJ's was fabulous! He NAILED the timing of our recessional song, Holiday Road, our funny non-traditional request of a recessional. Our cocktail hour and dinner music flowed perfectly. He absolutely honored our desire for a high energy night of dancing and was able to read the crowd perfectly. So many guests have commented that our wedding reception was one of the best they had attended in a long time, we agreed!

Sent on 06/24/2010