Greatime DJ Reviews

Greatime DJ 5
Greatime DJ 6
Greatime DJ 7

Katie · Married on 03/01/2014

I can't tell you how many people came up to me during our wedding and said, "This DJ is awesome!" We had a rocking dance party and people keep telling me they couldn't leave the dance floor because each song just got better and better. We were beyond thrilled with Erik from Great Time DJ and he made our wedding reception so much fun.

From day one the whole experience with Great Time was absolutely delightful. Both Fred and Erik were extremely responsive and we were very impressed by how professional, friendly, accommodating, and reliable the DJ experience was. One of the highlights of the experience is how much of a priority they put on personalization and ensuring that each aspect of the DJ experience is exactly how the bride and groom want it. The other thing that was incredibly impressive was how low maintenance they were. We held our reception at a venue located at the top of a gondola... in the winter... and Erik proactively found out about all of the logistics of getting his equipment set up and everything went incredibly smoothly. We loved these guys and I would recommend Great Time to anyone and would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/10/2014

thanks Katie!

Paul · Married on 01/25/2014

Best DJ i've ever seen at a wedding. Greatime was organized, insightful, professional, and just plain awesome. I highly recommend using them for any wedding or special event.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Jill · Married on 12/14/2013

Erik was the DJ for our reception at the Donovan Pavilion and I highly recommend Great Time DJs for your future event too! The whole pre-event process was such a breeze. Erik did a great job accommodating all of our requests, was entertaining, and kept our dance floor packed all night long - which is pretty impressive given our 100 guests ranged from 11 - 91 years old! Thank you so much Erik for helping our wedding night be so memorable.

Sent on 01/05/2014

They went over and beyond to make sure we had the perfect day and a heck of a party

Sent on 01/20/2015

Wow. Just wow. When someone asked the staff at our reception venue how our party fell on a scale of 1-10, they gave an 11. And that's from someone who wasn't on the dance floor.

Erik was super easy to work with before and during our reception. We didn't have many requests... he somehow just knew what we wanted. It was great to not have to worry about the music and just enjoy ourselves and celebrate.

Sent on 11/26/2013

thank you so much!

Timely and professional even had all the songs we love.

Sent on 10/20/2013

cindy · Married on 08/31/2013

The DJ was awesome!!! He was very professional and was very attentive to all of our requests. I would highly recommend him and Great Times for any party needs. Our reception was wonderful and fun because of them.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Bob · Married on 08/24/2013

On my daughter's wedding day it seemed everything that could go wrong did...the limo was late and broke down, the busses got lost and went to the wrong hotel, it started to rain minutes before the planned time for the outdoor ceremony, but Eric got his sound equipment moved indoors in record time for a last minute ceremony change, even when I said I didn't think we had time for him to move he made the ceremony sound perfect. When the caterer was not all that we had hoped, I thought the day was ruined. But when Eric started the dance music, all the challenges presented that day were forgotten and the dance floor was full all night long. Spectacular job and we couldn’t be happier. All our guest asked who our DJ was and commented on how great the music was. Send anyone seeking references my way! Thank you for the great job Eric!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Amber · Married on 08/24/2013

One of the reasons why we hired a Great Time DJ in the first place was because of all their great reviews, and now I know why they have all those great reviews! It was almost too good to be true, but I knew it was when I first spoke to Fred on the phone before we hired him. We knew it was going to be a great fit from the start. Fred was everything we were looking for! A professional DJ who knew the insides and outs of how weddings are run, a proactive prospective vs a reactive nature, and the flexibility to let us decide on our music. He helped run the show and kept the party going all night long. Even when things didn't quite run as scheduled or planned, Fred helped in making a smooth transition into making it work without anyone knowing there was a delay or mistake! I would recommend him or any of his DJ's to everyone! A Great Time DJ is dedicated to making their customers happy and really putting on the best party! I don't think the dance floor was empty once, even during cocktail hour! I will use Fred and his company for any special event I have in the future! I don't have one single bad thing to say, not even constructive criticism, he was just that awesome! Stop looking for your DJ now, you have found them!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Brittany · Married on 08/18/2013

Could not have asked for better - extremely impressed with Fred Hammond and GreaTime DJs!

Sent on 09/28/2013

We chose Eric to DJ our wedding, and he was absolutely fantastic. The whole event could not have gone better, and it was in large part because he did such a good job. People have told us they really had a blast and the dancefloor was rocking the whole evening.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Laurie · Married on 08/17/2013

Eic, with A Great Time DJ's was our guy for the ceremony and the reception, and he did an amazing, perfect job! I think that he was absolutely the Best. He played everything we really wanted to hear, and added some fun music that kept everyone on the dance floor. I could not have asked for better- he has an awesome personality, and gave us everything we needed to have the best time ever.

Sent on 10/30/2013

I should start by saying that we wanted a band at our wedding. But, due to 1) the remote venue location, 2) our inability to find a band that wasn't cheesy 3) referrals from other vendors and 4) our bluegrassy taste in music, we decided to hire a DJ. We were lucky enough to book the owner of the DJ company, Erik, and convince him to travel outside of their normal geographic area. He was extremely responsive and easy to work with - I planned most of the wedding myself and used a day-of coordinator. So, I wasn't exactly dialed on set-up needs from the get go like a planner would have been and he worked through details with me over the course of the year. Their music database is so huge - you can pick genres you like and songs you don't like to help narrow it down. We chose a first dance song that wasn't in the database - no problem at all. Erik helped emcee the event to advise our guests when to move upstairs for dinner and downstairs for dancing, announced all toasts. Erik read the crowd all night and kept people up and moving for hours. Not only did we love the DJ experience, but the venue staff said he was the best DJ they'd had up there - and you know those servers hear wedding music three times a week all year long. I should also mention that we were supposed to get married outside and there was a long and heavy downpour. When our string trio, guests and wedding party had to shift to a last minute plan B inside ceremony, none of our vendors - including Erik - batted an eye at shifting equipment or timing. Just like they advertise - they are not cheesy. In fact, when a few guests requested the Electric Slide, Erik pulled me aside to ask if it was ok to play. Colorado girls, these guys will play anything - but they know we don't want the chicken dance but would love to hear Yonder. I highly recommend GreatTimeDJs.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Thank you! I loved Telluride - your wedding was beautiful

erik :)

Brian · Married on 07/20/2013

We booked Joe Kania to DJ our wedding. We had people come up to us after the wedding that said their significant other usually never dances and this is the first time ever. Joe did a great job getting people involved. He was professional and fun at the same time. Joe Kania and Great time DJ did an amazing job and made our wedding an experience that we will never forget.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Erik from a Great Time DJ was amazing from start to finish! He responded right away when I reached out to him, he was detailed, thorough, and helpful in his explanation of services, he was friendly, genuine, and was interested in getting to know me and my fiance, he was professional and prompt, but most of all, he nailed the music at the reception! He made sure everyone was on the dance floor and stayed on the dance floor! He really customized the music to the setting and to people's interest and requests. Everyone said I wouldn't have time to dance at my own wedding but I was out there on the dance floor with everyone else! We had such a good time and I can't thank Erik enough!! A very talented DJ and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Adam · Married on 07/13/2013

Erik was a FANTASTIC wedding DJ. Our group was almost all friends and same-age relatives, so we didn't want to spend half the party playing the typical mix of motown and oldies until the wrinkled family members needed to turn in. Erik was wholly responsive to this. Starting right after the first dance, he got the party started and kept it going all night. There wasn't a moment that the dance floor wasn't completely full. He played everything on our "must play" list and did an awesome job picking other songs.

Given how responsive he was, if you're looking for a more typical set of wedding music, I'm 100% sure he can roll that way too.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Katie · Married on 06/15/2013

I don't have one negative thing to say about my experience with Great Time DJs. We contacted them about pricing, availability, etc. They were great at getting a feel for what we were looking for and assigned a DJ they believed would make us happy. Our DJ was Jeffery D'Amico and he was perfect! He took the time to talk to both me and my (now) husband separately so he could make sure we were BOTH happy and assured us we would be. The event information form we filled out prior to the wedding date asked a lot of very specific questions such as which songs were to be played when, what we'd like the DJ to wear, and what ended up to be important to us was how flexible our timeline and playlist were. Long story short, in addition to the venue our guests raved about the DJ. He did a fabulous job of reading the crowd, kept the party going all night, was flexible with our timeline, and even managed to remind us a couple of times that we still needed to cut a cake. Thank goodness for Jeffery! He was really wonderful and made our wedding a great time for everyone! I would definitely recommend Great Time DJs and Jeffery.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Bill · Married on 02/23/2013

We couldnt have asked for a better DJ than Jeff. Come to think of it, we couldnt have imagiend a more perfect DJ than Jeff. Not only was he professional in every regard, but he was also a perfect match for us both in musical tastes and personality. He did a fabulous job at starting with the requests we provided and coming up with a perfect playlist. He was also spectacular at reading the crowd and adapting to any given moment. Im not much for dancing in general, and was somewhat hesitant to have a DJ at first, but now I cant imagine our Wedding being anywhere near as perfect as it was without Jeff's invaluable contributions. I dont think I left the dance floor for more than a couple of minutes the entire evening, and if you knew me that would speak volumes beyond the 5-star review.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Fred at Great Time did a PHENOMENAL job! He got a good idea of what we liked/didn't like and did an amazing job of reading the crowd. The cocktail hour and dinner music were perfect -- and the dance floor was packed the entire time. Many people (both friends and family) requested the play list. Couldn't have gone better....

Sent on 10/11/2012

Megan · Married on 08/11/2012

We can't say enough good things about Great Time Dj's. They did an above and beyond stellar job at our wedding reception. They were great at reading the crowd and keeping/getting people onto the dance floor. Extremely professional and easy to work with they responded to emails almost immediately. We had multiple people come up and tell us it was the best wedding music for any wedding they'd been to and ask to have their details - these guys are awesome.

We also got our photo booth through them and it was also a total hit! They made the whole process really simple and no stress. Our guests thought it was great too.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Tom · Married on 07/21/2012

I can't recommend A Great Time DJ enough. Fred was the DJ at my wedding and we had people dancing the entire time. I know that you probably think I am biased because it was my wedding, but we have received many calls/texts from friends who were at our wedding that were disappointed that the music at the other wedding/the DJ was not nearly as good.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Julie · Married on 07/14/2012

We were so pleased with our DJ, Bob. He played great music and kept the party going. He took time to personally meet with us a week before the wedding and also added some personal touches to our wedding reception. We also appreciated the responsiveness and communication from Great Time DJs. Thanks for helping make our special day everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 12/31/2011

DJ Bob was fantastic! He made all our requests (no matter how obscure) work with his other choices. He kept the dance floor occupied without having to play the typical crowd pleasers (like YMCA or the Chicken Dance). The original DJ we requested was unavailable, but it turned out to be a blessing because we absolutely loved Bob! In addition to being very knowledgeable of music past and present, he was so nice and extremely accommodating. A+++

Sent on 01/30/2012

Molly · Married on 09/30/2011

DJ Erik was professional and really fun to work with. He was very accommodating while planning, listened to our requests and made great recommendations. We planned our wedding while living in Philadelphia and Erik was easy to get in touch with and quick to respond to my emails. Not only was he a great MC and DJ, he expertly monitored the energy of the guests to continually make the atmosphere upbeat and fun. We really felt that he understood the vibe we were going for (Colorado classy heading towards fun, but without being cheesy!). We wanted our grandparents to enjoy the classics from Frank and Dean during cocktail hour and our friends to enjoy the latest hits on the dance floor. Our friends still talk about what a great dance party it was and how they weren't ready for it to end! I highly recommend working with A Great Time DJs, especially DJ Erik!

Sent on 02/07/2012

Jelisa · Married on 09/24/2011

A Great Time D.J was such a great company to work with for our Beaver Creek wedding! Jeff D'Amico was perfect, great to discuss details with beforehand, able to keep the crowd up and dancing the entire night and had a great personality throughout the entire reception. I highly recommend them for your wedding reception!!

Sent on 01/30/2012