Greatime DJ Reviews

Greatime DJ 4
Greatime DJ 5
Greatime DJ 6

Erin · Married on 05/23/2015

I loved working with GreatTime DJ! Erik was awesome! He played great songs, kept everyone on the dance floor, mixed it up with older songs and newer songs - awesome variety! Had many guest comments on how good he was. Best thing for me was I felt very comfortable with his expertise that I spent very little time worrying about this part of my wedding. I just put it in his hands and it was perfect! My advice to brides is to pick good and reliable vendors and trust them to make your wedding perfect! Erik with GreatTim was one of those vendors. He also has very easy to use planning forms which was nice. We were all having so much fun I asked him to extend the end time and that was no problem at all. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • User4701909 · 2+ years ago

We had a wonderful experience with Fred. The music was really well chosen and he adapted it according to our preferences. Everybody had a blast at the wedding and the dance floor was always packed!

• Erica

Erica · Married on 12/06/2014

Everyone at our wedding loved our DJ! He did such great job. we loved working with him and all my music from the ceremony through dinner until the end was perfect. He took requests but would judge the crowd before playing them. He worked the room but not so much that is was obnoxious. He did a great job and helped our wedding truly feel like a huge party! Everyone loved the music. Great company and very easy to work with. DJ Pippen is awesome!!!!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Erik was fantastic. He took the time to meet with us in order to understand our style and music tastes. The tools on the website were so useful and easy to use. He played everything we requested, knew how to keep everything going smoothly and constantly asked me how everything was. We had so many compliments on him throughout the night. We would 100% recommend this company to anyone needing a DJ for a wedding or any event.

Sent on 09/29/2014

DJ Fred was on the job at Piney River Ranch, CO for our daughter's wedding, and played her chosen quirky, unique tunes for the ceremony. Later, he had everyone rocking and dancing nonstop for the rest of the evening. It was exaqctly what the bride and groom wanted. He was professional, knowledgeable, prompt and easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

Evan/DJ Carve rocked our socks at the wedding! He kept people dancing on the dance floor all night and everyone had a blast. He was also fantastic to talk to prior to the wedding and was able to understand exactly what we wanted as far as music, even though we weren't that eloquent in explaining it. He was also very attentive to me (the bride). If the music got too loud or the song needed to change, one look and he was on it!

There was one slight hiccup that I found hysterical. Apparently an older guest at our wedding whom the DJ mistook for my father told him that there would be an afterparty in one of the nearby guest cabins. Poor Evan had everything set up when the occupants of said cabin came home to go to bed and he had to take everything down and leave! I think it's awesome he was willing to keep playing, but make sure that the person giving instructions is not a drunk wedding guest ;)

Sent on 09/24/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/23/2014

I hired Evan (aka DJ Carve) to dj my wedding reception in Beaver Creek, CO in August 2014, and he was AWESOME--a true professional. Greatime DJ has a nice online submission system where you fill in every detail of your wedding day including timeline, requested songs, songs you don't want played, special dances, songs for cake-cutting, entrance, etc. You can save as you go before you submit it. Fred Hammond is a wonderful facilitator, and he kind of acts as a middle man if your dj is unavailable to talk and you have questions. Many of my guests said that Evan was not only the best wedding dj they'd ever heard, but the best dj--period. We had a special sort of a "club-like" wedding (everyone went bananas!), and Evan is so good at sussing out the vibe and playing music that caters to the people. There was not a bad song in the mix! He even helped coordinate a song that my maid of honor sang during reception. They worked together getting the right sound levels, and he downloaded the backtrack, no problem. He not only mixed excellent music, but he did a great job MC-ing too, keeping the timeline and party on track. I added up-lights as part of my dj package, and Evan seamlessly adjusted them from dinner mode to dance party mode. His timing, knowledge, and professionalism are outstanding. I wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Curtis · Married on 08/23/2014

Excellent experience with Greatime DJ, highly recommend

Sent on 01/26/2015

Steffanie · Married on 08/09/2014

My review is for both the DJ and the business manager at Greatime DJ:
    DJ: DJ Jeff D'Amico was awesome! We had our wedding reception at the Alpenglow Stube in Keystone, CO and were lucky enough to have Jeff as our DJ. We couldn't have been more pleased with Jeff's work. He is PERFECT! With very little specifics to go on, Jeff kept the party going at our wedding. He was spot on with every song that he played. Some of our guests even commented on what a cool person Jeff is and how they thoroughly enjoyed every bit that Jeff played in the reception. He was really good at communicating with us on the different parts of the reception and keeping things as close to our not-so-detailed timeline. Thanks Jeff! You were awesome and the best DJ to work with. I could go on and on about how great he is, but there is only one word that sums him up - PERFECT!

Manager: Erik at Greatime DJ was extremely pleasant to work with. Throughout the whole process of booking services with Greatime DJ, Erik was very easy-going and professional. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ than who Erik provided us with. I have heard horror stories of other DJs and took Erik’s word that the DJ with whom we were provided would make us happy. Well, he made us more than happy, he made our special day PERFECT. A few days following the wedding, I spoke with Erik about being credited for all of the services that we did not use, and he was so quick about getting that credit to us. Greatime DJ is one of the most reputable company I have ever worked with and I am truly satisfied with everything that they did to ensure our special day was perfect.
    You are awesome!! Rock on Greatime DJ!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Ann · Married on 08/08/2014

Fred was completely in tune with what we wanted and responded to the mood of the crowd really well. Our liquor bill was lower than expected because everyone was doing more dancing than drinking.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Marcus · Married on 08/07/2014

Fred did our wedding and it was great! He played all of the music we requested and really felt what the crowd was into and played music accordingly to keep everyone dancing. We never met with him before the wedding (just because we were too busy) but he called me the day before to make sure he had the itinerary down and could pronounce everyones names correctly. He really controlled the reception well and continually asked us before he moved on to the next phase. We really weren't sure what to expect because we hadn't met with him before but we were completely satisfied. We highly recommend GreatTime DJ to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Luke · Married on 08/02/2014

Greatime DJ provided music for our wedding and I have to thanks them for doing such a great show. The music was exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend using them.

boris · Married on 08/02/2014

DJ Bob was amazing. He was easy to reach and communicate with. Bob made time to meet with us several times and discuss details. He is experienced and has knowledgeable suggestions. The night of Bob read the guests well. Highly recommend DJ Bob.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Kathy · Married on 07/26/2014

Our daughter’s wedding reception was such a fun celebration, and our Greatime DJ, Jeff, can take credit for much of that! He kept the dance floor full by playing one great song after another. Before the event, (and knowing the group of guests) I honestly thought that we wouldn’t have a lot of people dancing. But Jeff had such a talent for knowing what music to play, and how to tailor it to the guests, to keep the party going. Everyone had a wonderful time, and I heard many comments afterward about how great the DJ was! Jeff was very professional and responsive to the requests that we had made prior to the event. From cocktail hour, through dinner, and continuing through the dance, the music was perfect! And Jeff's sound system was so impressive, which added to the enjoyment for all. We can’t thank Greatime DJ's and Jeff enough for making our daughter’s wedding reception a night that will be filled with such wonderful, fun memories! Kathy Gustafson (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 01/21/2015

Matthew · Married on 06/08/2014

DJ Fred was great to work with. Very easygoing yet professional, he played a great selection of songs and was flexible for requests.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Heather · Married on 05/24/2014

I cannot praise Fred Hammond from Greatime DJ's enough for the extraordinary job he did at our wedding. We had an unusual theme "Lord of the Rings meets Game of Thrones", and I wasn't sure we'd find a DJ who could understand how to create the right blend of fantasy and fun. Not only did Fred nail it, he incorporated every single thing we asked asked for. He was also incredibly flexible and quick thinking. The bridal party entered late for the procession and I was sure my father and I were going to end up walking down the aisle with no music. But Fred seamlessly looped the sound and then faded it out perfectly when we reached the altar. I never had to worry about a thing and the guests had no idea. Plus, our outdoor wedding had to be relocated indoors when it started to pour down rain, but Fred didn't miss a beat and re-set up his equipment inside without any panic. Again, no one ever knew it wasn't planned that way. He was never intrusive and kept all the attention on the bride and groom, and when the dancing started the guests had the time of their lives! I would recommend Fred and Greatime DJ's 100% and without hesitation. The will absolutely get it right no matter how unusual you think your party is. Thank you Fred!!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Katie · Married on 03/01/2014

I can't tell you how many people came up to me during our wedding and said, "This DJ is awesome!" We had a rocking dance party and people keep telling me they couldn't leave the dance floor because each song just got better and better. We were beyond thrilled with Erik from Great Time DJ and he made our wedding reception so much fun.

From day one the whole experience with Great Time was absolutely delightful. Both Fred and Erik were extremely responsive and we were very impressed by how professional, friendly, accommodating, and reliable the DJ experience was. One of the highlights of the experience is how much of a priority they put on personalization and ensuring that each aspect of the DJ experience is exactly how the bride and groom want it. The other thing that was incredibly impressive was how low maintenance they were. We held our reception at a venue located at the top of a gondola... in the winter... and Erik proactively found out about all of the logistics of getting his equipment set up and everything went incredibly smoothly. We loved these guys and I would recommend Great Time to anyone and would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/10/2014

Greatime DJ's reply:

thanks Katie!

Paul · Married on 01/25/2014

Best DJ i've ever seen at a wedding. Greatime was organized, insightful, professional, and just plain awesome. I highly recommend using them for any wedding or special event.

Jill · Married on 12/14/2013

Erik was the DJ for our reception at the Donovan Pavilion and I highly recommend Great Time DJs for your future event too! The whole pre-event process was such a breeze. Erik did a great job accommodating all of our requests, was entertaining, and kept our dance floor packed all night long - which is pretty impressive given our 100 guests ranged from 11 - 91 years old! Thank you so much Erik for helping our wedding night be so memorable.

Sent on 01/05/2014

They went over and beyond to make sure we had the perfect day and a heck of a party

Sent on 01/20/2015

Wow. Just wow. When someone asked the staff at our reception venue how our party fell on a scale of 1-10, they gave an 11. And that's from someone who wasn't on the dance floor.

Erik was super easy to work with before and during our reception. We didn't have many requests... he somehow just knew what we wanted. It was great to not have to worry about the music and just enjoy ourselves and celebrate.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Greatime DJ's reply:

thank you so much!

Timely and professional even had all the songs we love.

Sent on 10/20/2013

cindy · Married on 08/31/2013

The DJ was awesome!!! He was very professional and was very attentive to all of our requests. I would highly recommend him and Great Times for any party needs. Our reception was wonderful and fun because of them.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Bob · Married on 08/24/2013

On my daughter's wedding day it seemed everything that could go wrong did...the limo was late and broke down, the busses got lost and went to the wrong hotel, it started to rain minutes before the planned time for the outdoor ceremony, but Eric got his sound equipment moved indoors in record time for a last minute ceremony change, even when I said I didn't think we had time for him to move he made the ceremony sound perfect. When the caterer was not all that we had hoped, I thought the day was ruined. But when Eric started the dance music, all the challenges presented that day were forgotten and the dance floor was full all night long. Spectacular job and we couldn’t be happier. All our guest asked who our DJ was and commented on how great the music was. Send anyone seeking references my way! Thank you for the great job Eric!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Amber · Married on 08/24/2013

One of the reasons why we hired a Great Time DJ in the first place was because of all their great reviews, and now I know why they have all those great reviews! It was almost too good to be true, but I knew it was when I first spoke to Fred on the phone before we hired him. We knew it was going to be a great fit from the start. Fred was everything we were looking for! A professional DJ who knew the insides and outs of how weddings are run, a proactive prospective vs a reactive nature, and the flexibility to let us decide on our music. He helped run the show and kept the party going all night long. Even when things didn't quite run as scheduled or planned, Fred helped in making a smooth transition into making it work without anyone knowing there was a delay or mistake! I would recommend him or any of his DJ's to everyone! A Great Time DJ is dedicated to making their customers happy and really putting on the best party! I don't think the dance floor was empty once, even during cocktail hour! I will use Fred and his company for any special event I have in the future! I don't have one single bad thing to say, not even constructive criticism, he was just that awesome! Stop looking for your DJ now, you have found them!

Sent on 10/07/2013