Great River Golf Club Reviews

91 | Milford, CT

91 Reviews for Great River Golf Club

Paige · Married on 10/27/2018

Classic and Beautiful CT Venue

Great River was an exceptional wedding venue, and I am so happy we found this CT gem! We held our reception at GR in October and it was so beautiful! Throughout the entire planning process GR was there to meet with us, gave us great pointers, and were completely flexible to help us make the night exactly what we wanted! GR was also extremely affordable compared to others in the area...and was 10x nicer! When we arrived to GR after our church ceremony, GR was there to welcome us and guide us and the photographer to take as many pictures as we could before the rest of our guests arrived. GR made taking bridal party showers soo much fun!!! They took drink orders for the bridal party right away, and delivered them to us right on the tee box! The staff made every aspect of the reception easy! Guests are still raving about the cocktail hour by the fireplace, the amazing views of the course, and that GR had the best open bar they have ever been to!!! We are so thankful that we found Great River!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Thank you to Lindsay and the staff of Great River for holding our hands and making this amazing day possible. Everything turned out even better than our dreams, absolutely no fault on the bridal concierge or Lindsay's service. If something didn't go as planned, we had no idea. It was an amazing day and I would host my wedding again in a heartbeat at Great River and not change a single thing. Also if you can afford it, rent out Monty's for the cocktail hour!! Just added an element of elegance to the entire evening. We ended up with a smaller number than expected (80 guests) and the room looked perfect. Unfortunately had to pay the minimum 100 people despite having only 80 guests. But luckily they worked within our budget and I am so grateful we were able to still host there. Thanks again!! Colleen and Marco Waiz

Sent on 09/23/2015

Such an amazing venue for a wedding and superb service!! Couldn't have asked for better.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Heather · Married on 05/24/2014

Beautiful venue! The food was wonderful and the staff was very pleasant to work with. They were very accommodating to all our requests. The only negative feedback I have is that we were unable to take home the meals from guests that did not show. Other than that, working with Great River was a very positive experience!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Deb · event on: 10/12/2013

Lindsay and the rest of the staff paid attention to every detail and rolled with the few 'punches' we threw at them during the days leading up to the luncheon. The room was set up perfectly, the food was very good and our luncheon felt as special as we had hoped it would. When Grammy (me) took the baby of honor out of the room because she was crying, one of the staff suggested I sit with her in the Bride's Room, perfect as it gave us a quiet place to calm down. I had never been to Great River CC but have already told several people about it ~ as a great place to hold special occasions.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/05/2013

Thank you for a beautiful wedding! All the details were perfect, and we did not have to worry about a thing. I just think some of the extras were over priced....I think the waterfall photo should be included, and that $350 plus $6 per person was excessive for the chocolate fountain. However the service from Lindsay and Shannen was phenomenal, and I had an amazing time.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Claire · Married on 10/26/2007

I would highly recommend Great River Golf Club to anyone looking at it. The wedding coordinator I dealt with was amazingly helpful and flexible to anything I wanted to do. She was always quick to return my phone calls and was very patient. The venue was unbelievably beautiful. When I walked into the ballroom I couldn't believe that it was my beautiful wedding I was entering! They also have a "bridal concierge" who is discreetly nearby all night to help you with anything you need, but was not in your face attentive. The catering servers were quick with bringing and clearing the plates, but they didn't take it too soon or get in the way.

Sent on 04/10/2008

Brittany · Married on 10/15/2016

Great River Golf Club is a beautiful place to have a wedding. All of our guests commented on how beautiful everything was. The ballroom is unique with an amazing chandelier and gorgeous exposed beams. Definitely a more intimate wedding as the room is not too big. What I loved most about this venue was that my wedding was the only event that day. It is not a wedding factory yet they take care of every detail for you. It was so easy to work with everyone there and they made our day very stress free and so enjoyable.

Sent on 11/17/2016

The venue is beautiful. I only have two things I would have done differently. One, had the grandparents at the rehearsal. When the processional started they did not leave enough room between couples and when they got to the end of the walkway they did not know which side to sit on. Second, we had a premium open bar for our guests. I was disappointed to hear that the other alcohol on the back of the bar that was not in the package was not covered/put out of site causing some confusion to our guests who asked for a certain brands and were told that "no you can not have that". A fee was charged to rent the bar/grill and should have covered the cost to prepare so this would not happen.

Sent on 09/05/2013

We loved Great River from the start. It is a gorgeous venue and the grounds are pristine. We hit a few hiccups when they were bought out by Sacred Heart including a rescheduled tasting several times. There was very little room for negotiating, but once the day of hit it was all we expected and more. Lindsay is extremely organized and didn't miss a detail. Lisanne was SO attentive and helpful throughout our time there and made sure we had everything we needed at our fingertips. Food was delicious and the late night fries amazing! Thank you Lindsay and Lisanne for an amazing and memorable night!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Marie · Married on 05/24/2014

My only complaint would be diners that I paid for and quests did not show up where not available to take home. Other weddings that I hosted the dinners not served where pack for us to take home.

Sent on 05/29/2014

The staff was outstanding and extremely accommodating. The venue is gorgeous and the food was excellent. All of our guests were very complimentary.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Richard · Married on 04/22/2017

4.2
      3.5

Insist on Wanapron! Gail was great to work with, but felt as though she was restricted and unable to make some accommodations regarding cost.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Jamie P. · Married on 10/09/2020

4.2

Incomparable beauty

We loved the appearance of Great River Golf Club from the second we saw it. It has an incomparable beauty both on the inside and outside. We got married during in October 2020, so we had to switch to an outdoor wedding under the tent on the patio. It was still absolutely gorgeous. We could not have pictured a more fun, beautiful, and loving day. It was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 04/08/2021
  • User3519782 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Everything was perfect about the wedding with the exception of pricing for items which should have been included in the open bar. The venue is beautiful, food fabulous and staff extremely helpful. We were disappointed at having to pay what appeared to us to be an overpriced amount for "additional" liquor.

Sent on 09/08/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2019

Wedding Venue

Beautiful cermony and reception spaces

Sent on 11/03/2019