8 Reviews for Great Family Reunion

I have to start by admitting that I spent a good three months researching bands for our wedding. With just a 10-month engagement, I spent roughly a third of my time searching for a legit band. After reviewing endless suggestions from friends, wedding planners, online testimonials, etc. I just wasn’t impressed with my findings.

I knew exactly what I wanted; a REAL band (like the kind I’d drop cash to see at an intimate venue) that just happened to jam at weddings on the weekend.
Everyone kept telling me I was living in a fantasy world and needed to be less picky. “It’s just a wedding band, they’re all the same.” I refused to believe that was true and I’m extremely proud to say that my persistence paid off.

Great Family Reunion (The Family Band) was absolutely impeccable, to the point where this feedback likely won’t do them justice. Every guest was floored by their performance, asking how we were able to land such a talented band. There wasn’t an occupied chair in the room as we were all drawn to the dance floor for hours on end.

Prior to the reception Por La Poz played during our ceremony, mastering a unique song I've dreamt of walking down the aisle to for years. I personally didn’t get to hear much since I was last down the aisle but the little glimpse I got was heavenly.

Great Family Reunion (and Jonathan especially) was incredibly easy to work with, detailed oriented and executed the evening flawlessly. Rest assured, you will not regret this decision. Now, go ahead and book GFR so you can move on to selecting napkins, plates, and all the other things you don’t want to care about but secretly obsess over.

P.S. You’re welcome for finding you the best band EVER.

Thank you for making our wedding one for the books!

Pierce & Sarahbeth Bush

Profile Picture Sarahbeth, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor

Wow, just wow! We were so sad when they had to stop playing and would have given anything for another hour of music. Top notch in all aspects. Jonathan is enthusiastic about every part of the process and makes it fun and easy to set up for the best wedding concert I had ever been to. I have known Jordan for a long time since he played with his old band Kinetix and I am always blown away by his skills on the guitar. I cannot say enough about this band and how they appealed to everyone at the Wedding and had 150 people on the dance floor for hours. Thank you so much GFR and to anyone looking, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Andrew, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

They were fantastic. You cannot go wrong with the Great Family Reunion. They had my Dad dancing and my Dad does not dance, enough said...

Profile Picture Eric, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

The Great family reunion was incredible, they really helped make my wedding so
Memorable. They got everyone up and dancing! Truly enjoyed having them at my wedding! they are the best option if you want a band at your wedding.

Profile Picture Peri, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Jonathan and Great Family Reunion were the best decision I made (aside from my groom) for my wedding. Not only did they put on an arena worthy show, they were easy and fun to work with. It's been three weeks since our special day and I still have people reaching out asking about our band. This crew knows how to get people movin' and groovin'! LOVE!

Profile Picture rebecca, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME!!! Selecting the right wedding band was becoming more and more difficult as we began our search. As a musician and lover of live music I was quite critical of what we were finding....then Great Family Reunion popped up! They were the perfect fit for our wedding and took care of everything from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. Working with Jordan and Jonathan was a breeze and they were on top of every aspect of our entertainment package. The string quartet for the ceremony set the right mood, playing a mix of contemporary and popular songs in classical arrangements. For the cocktail hour the duo played some light jazz for our guests. We had selected several "must-have" songs which the string quartet and band learned and played on our special day. After just a few conversations they really understood the vibe we were trying to create and they nailed it! All of our guests, young and old were out there boogieing on the dance from, right from the start. We had several guests comment "that was the craziest, most awesome Horah I have ever experienced!" Great Family Reunion truly created a live music experience for our reception. It was high energy and the musicianship was clear, these guys truly know their craft. Choosing GFR put our minds at ease, knowing that our reception would be fun for all our guests. Jonathan did a wonderful job of leading the band and MC'ing while Jordans lead guitar playing was tasteful and powerful. The entire band was very professional. Great Family Reunion isn't just a wedding band, they are so much more than that! I truly can't express how happy we were with how the whole day went. Not a single hiccup at all. We still have people commenting on how good the band was at our wedding, AND WE AGREE! If you no longer want to worry about your band, book Great Family Reunion and I'm sure you will be pleased. Thanks so much GFR! The Stewarts #thisweddingbanddoesnotsuck #yourweddingbandsucks

Profile Picture Michael, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

One of the most stressful times in our life was also one of our happiest times - Our Wedding! A celebration of love and happiness is what we all know encompasses a wedding but many forget how difficult and stressful the times are leading up to ensuring the most special day in your relationship goes off without a hitch. We were lucky enough to have a great team to help us ensure this was a day we would never forget. The Great Family Reunion team went above and beyond to help make this special day that much more special. Our suggestions and requests were more than met to our liking and people are still talking about how much fun and how amazing the music was throughout our wedding day...which just so happens to be 4 years ago! They were able to play all types of music and there was never a dull moment as the dancing feet never stopped. A special highlight that people still bring up to us was the Rock N' Roll Horah that The Great Family Reunion performed - this is a staple in any Jewish wedding and for the most part it is always the same...except our ours! The personalized touch and care not only on our wedding day itself but also the weeks and months leading up to our amazing wedding day made for an unforgettable and special experience we wouldn't trade in for anything.

Profile Picture Scott , 7/20/13, 1 Review