Great Family Reunion Reviews

26 Reviews for Great Family Reunion

26 Great Family Reunion Reviews

Taylor · Married on 10/06/2018

DO IT!! Book this band.

We are music lovers and the band for our wedding was one of the most important aspects - we spent a lot of time researching and we are SO happy that we booked GFR. Their performance was unbelievable and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Prior to the wedding we filled out a questionnaire about the music we like/don't like and GFR put together a set-list that was literally tailor made for us - every song was amazing. This is not your typical wedding band, their performance was more like a badass concert - their chemistry with each other and unbelievable talent is so cool to watch. You will not be disappointed!

Great Family Reunion's reply:

Thanks Taylor- We loved playing for you group. Playing in your family's home in Telluride was fantastic. The energy and vibe was through the roof! Your family and guests were warm, hospitable, and a blast to play for. House Party!! ;). Thanks again for having us at your wedding, it was a beautiful night! -The GFR Team
  • Fane

Fane Cross · Married on 10/06/2018

The. Best.

If you don't book Great Family Reunion you are hiring the Wrong Band. From the moment I first talked to Jordan on the phone until I was begging the band to keep playing at the end of the night, GFR was simply awesome. My wedding guests are still talking about how great the music was- but there is really no way to convey how truly exceptional they were. They made my wedding so special, unique, and fun...I can't imagine having chosen anyone else. Book them. Do it.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Great Family Reunion's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Fane. We had an absolutely wonderful time performing at your wedding. You and your guests were an absolute joy. All the best in the future, keep in touch! -The GFR Team

Anna · Married on 09/22/2018

We had an absolute blast having GFR play at our wedding! They truly made the experience one to remember and were so easy going with everything. We highly recommend them to everyone!!!!!

Great Family Reunion's reply:

Anna- Thanks so much for the kind words! We had an absolute blast playing for you and your guests. You were all wonderful! We wish you all the best in the future. It wan an honor to play your wedding! -The GFR Team
  • Robert

Robert Meyers · Married on 09/01/2018

Denver based Great Family Reunion redefines wedding band

Our experience working with Great Family was seamless- from first inquiry about availability for our date to scheduling a live show to go check them play live- everything went incredibly smooth. The band is a collective of modern day musicians teamed with professional booking agents from the music industry which made them stand out amongst the other traditional wedding bands we looked at. Not to mention they brought the good vibes and dance party all night long! The playlist to select songs from was fresh, fun, funky and almost any song request could be learned. Highly recommend having both a male and female singer/vocalist to really expand and open up the already deep playlist of songs. We really appreciated the follow up from the GFR team answering ALL our song/request questions. We booked a six piece for our wedding day and they have up to ten or more available to book with all unique types of musicians. What also really stood out was they willingly agreed to learn our first dance song "Beyond", by Leon Bridges, which really made our night that much more special. Don't overthink or overlook this band for your next event or wedding- they will not disappoint. Thank you SO SO much for bringing the dance party GFR!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Great Family Reunion 1

Great Family Reunion's reply:

Robert thanks for the kind words, and thoughtful review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you guys. You guys were an amazing group. All the health and happiness in the future! -The GFR Team

Coleman Barker · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing Band!

This band was spectacular and truly a great addition to the wedding reception. The music was on point and they feed into the crowd all night. Nothing bad to say here and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to strike up an incredible musical experience for all of their guests alike!

Dave · Married on 09/01/2018

Awesome Band

These guys were great and played all the hits! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a band.

John · Married on 08/24/2018

What a party!! I had a feeling Jonathan and his crew were going to be good from watching them perform at past gigs here in Denver, but WOW did they put on a good dance party and make our wedding extra special. My wife and I had more people come up to us after the wedding and ask, "Who was that band?!... They were awesome!" My wife and I are trying to come up with an excuse to throw another big party and have GFR perform. You guys made our wedding day Rock (literally) and are so much more than just a wedding band! Thanks again guys! - John & Ashley

Great Family Reunion's reply:

John- Thanks so much for having us play your wedding. You guys were unbelievably chill clients, and the planners and staff at Coohills were great! We had an awesome time. We had that place popping off, and the energy from your guests was incredible. Thanks again for having us play your wedding! -The GFR Team

Josh · Married on 07/21/2018

Jonathan and his crew at GFR put on an unbelievable show for us at our wedding. The compliments and appreciation of their talent and performance conveyed from friends and family cannot be described in words.

Their price may be higher than you expect but it includes the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Their sound guy will get the sound for the officiant set up and will handle everything. The band will take the time to learn your first dance as well as the father/daughter and mother/son songs.

They came up from Denver to Breckenridge for our show and we were able to work with them in order to end by 10:30 so they could make it back down to Denver so we could avoid the cost of putting the band up in hotel rooms. Jonathan is flexible and conscious to budgets and can work with you to meet yours.

I can't recommend GFR more highly!

Caleb · Married on 06/23/2018

AMAZING! GFR we want to thank you for making our wedding dance party to epic! I spent a lot of time researching wedding bands, having great music was so important to me. GFR did not disappoint, and made the stressful season of wedding planning easy. If you want a guaranteed great dance party, hire GFR!

brittany · Married on 06/23/2018

If I had to choose the best thing about my wedding (aside from marrying the love of my life of course) it would be Great Family Reunion. The leader of this company, Jonathan (aka Skippy) was incredibly easy to work with and super flexible. They are a group of many professional musicians that play with touring bands. We had a couple conversations about the feel of the event and the type of the music we had in mind for the wedding. He selected which musicians he thought would be appropriate from his roster. Then all I had to do was send him a list of bands we liked. They came with all their own equipment, lighting and set up the sound for the ceremony. They also bring a sound guy with them to make sure everything is perfect, and it was. They slayed. Everyone tore up the dance floor and they even performed the best hora I have ever heard. They are not just a great wedding band, they are a great band, period. I would pay to go see a show. If I could describe their sound it would be summed up with hot hot fire!

Lee · Married on 05/12/2018

The Great Family Reunion (GFR) band delivered on exactly what we needed…keeping the dance floor packed the whole night! We worked with Jordan Linit who was super responsive throughout the whole process and worked with us to customize our perfect night with our ceremony music, first dance songs, and sets that fit our timeline. We recommend GFR if you are looking for a band with quality musicians, great enthusiasm, an ability to keep the dance floor rocking, and to allow you the customized experience that you desire. Thank you GFR!

Great Family Reunion 2
    Great Family Reunion 3
    Great Family Reunion 4

Sarahbeth · Married on 03/24/2018

I have to start by admitting that I spent a good three months researching bands for our wedding. With just a 10-month engagement, I spent roughly a third of my time searching for a legit band. After reviewing endless suggestions from friends, wedding planners, online testimonials, etc. I just wasn’t impressed with my findings.

I knew exactly what I wanted; a REAL band (like the kind I’d drop cash to see at an intimate venue) that just happened to jam at weddings on the weekend.
    Everyone kept telling me I was living in a fantasy world and needed to be less picky. “It’s just a wedding band, they’re all the same.” I refused to believe that was true and I’m extremely proud to say that my persistence paid off.

Great Family Reunion (The Family Band) was absolutely impeccable, to the point where this feedback likely won’t do them justice. Every guest was floored by their performance, asking how we were able to land such a talented band. There wasn’t an occupied chair in the room as we were all drawn to the dance floor for hours on end.

Prior to the reception Por La Poz played during our ceremony, mastering a unique song I've dreamt of walking down the aisle to for years. I personally didn’t get to hear much since I was last down the aisle but the little glimpse I got was heavenly.

Great Family Reunion (and Jonathan especially) was incredibly easy to work with, detailed oriented and executed the evening flawlessly. Rest assured, you will not regret this decision. Now, go ahead and book GFR so you can move on to selecting napkins, plates, and all the other things you don’t want to care about but secretly obsess over.

P.S. You’re welcome for finding you the best band EVER.

Thank you for making our wedding one for the books!

Pierce & Sarahbeth Bush

Andrew · Married on 12/02/2017

Wow, just wow! We were so sad when they had to stop playing and would have given anything for another hour of music. Top notch in all aspects. Jonathan is enthusiastic about every part of the process and makes it fun and easy to set up for the best wedding concert I had ever been to. I have known Jordan for a long time since he played with his old band Kinetix and I am always blown away by his skills on the guitar. I cannot say enough about this band and how they appealed to everyone at the Wedding and had 150 people on the dance floor for hours. Thank you so much GFR and to anyone looking, you will not be disappointed.

Eric · Married on 10/07/2017

They were fantastic. You cannot go wrong with the Great Family Reunion. They had my Dad dancing and my Dad does not dance, enough said...

Siena · Married on 08/19/2017

Wow!! Absolutely incredible band. Hands down stole the show at our wedding on 10/7/18. My husband and I were so thrilled with the song choices and quality of music from start to finish and our guests repeatedly said to us they felt like they attended a concert that night! Jordan was our main point of contact from the beginning and he just gets music, organization, performance and professionalism. We booked with them about a year out and worked closley via phone and Skype to put the finishing touches together a few months before. They have a massive variety of songs they know and are also willing to learn anything new if desired. My father and I danced to Where The Stars Go Blue and the lead vocalist added a killer, soulful yet upbeat twist that had us both dancing and more relaxed than we ever imagined. The entire team at Great Family Reunion including Charlie and Bryan were all excellent but Jordan was the best and he slayed on guitar all night! Please don’t make the mistake of missing out on the greatest wedding band you could ever dream of. The talent, energy and musical excellence is unparallel. My husband and I will always love our photos but any time we watch one of our wedding videos we cant believe how amazing the music was!! Thank you GFR, you guys are simply the best.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Great Family Reunion's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing words. Nothing makes us happier than hearing you're both so thrilled. Much love, and all the happiness in the future! The GFR Team

Peri · Married on 08/12/2017

The Great family reunion was incredible, they really helped make my wedding so
    Memorable. They got everyone up and dancing! Truly enjoyed having them at my wedding! they are the best option if you want a band at your wedding.

Jennie · Married on 06/23/2017

Music is a huge part of our lives so while planning our dream wedding we both felt that a good band was the single most important thing to deliver the party we envisioned for our big day. We were completely blown away by the performance Great Family Reunion delivered. Our wedding was a month ago and our guests are STILL talking about the band. They were not only hands down the BEST wedding band I have ever seen... they were one of the best bands I have ever seen period (And I've seen a TON of bands!) Their song choice was spot on and the level of talent was something I never thought we could get. They were super professional and a pleasure to work with from a business standpoint as well. If you are looking for a wedding band look no more because there is no band better than Great Family Reunion. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts... you are INCREDIBLE!!!

rebecca · Married on 06/17/2017

Jonathan and Great Family Reunion were the best decision I made (aside from my groom) for my wedding. Not only did they put on an arena worthy show, they were easy and fun to work with. It's been three weeks since our special day and I still have people reaching out asking about our band. This crew knows how to get people movin' and groovin'! LOVE!

Michael · Married on 06/04/2017

Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME!!! Selecting the right wedding band was becoming more and more difficult as we began our search. As a musician and lover of live music I was quite critical of what we were finding....then Great Family Reunion popped up! They were the perfect fit for our wedding and took care of everything from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. Working with Jordan and Jonathan was a breeze and they were on top of every aspect of our entertainment package. The string quartet for the ceremony set the right mood, playing a mix of contemporary and popular songs in classical arrangements. For the cocktail hour the duo played some light jazz for our guests. We had selected several "must-have" songs which the string quartet and band learned and played on our special day. After just a few conversations they really understood the vibe we were trying to create and they nailed it! All of our guests, young and old were out there boogieing on the dance from, right from the start. We had several guests comment "that was the craziest, most awesome Horah I have ever experienced!" Great Family Reunion truly created a live music experience for our reception. It was high energy and the musicianship was clear, these guys truly know their craft. Choosing GFR put our minds at ease, knowing that our reception would be fun for all our guests. Jonathan did a wonderful job of leading the band and MC'ing while Jordans lead guitar playing was tasteful and powerful. The entire band was very professional. Great Family Reunion isn't just a wedding band, they are so much more than that! I truly can't express how happy we were with how the whole day went. Not a single hiccup at all. We still have people commenting on how good the band was at our wedding, AND WE AGREE! If you no longer want to worry about your band, book Great Family Reunion and I'm sure you will be pleased. Thanks so much GFR! The Stewarts #thisweddingbanddoesnotsuck #yourweddingbandsucks

Scott · Married on 07/20/2013

One of the most stressful times in our life was also one of our happiest times - Our Wedding! A celebration of love and happiness is what we all know encompasses a wedding but many forget how difficult and stressful the times are leading up to ensuring the most special day in your relationship goes off without a hitch. We were lucky enough to have a great team to help us ensure this was a day we would never forget. The Great Family Reunion team went above and beyond to help make this special day that much more special. Our suggestions and requests were more than met to our liking and people are still talking about how much fun and how amazing the music was throughout our wedding day...which just so happens to be 4 years ago! They were able to play all types of music and there was never a dull moment as the dancing feet never stopped. A special highlight that people still bring up to us was the Rock N' Roll Horah that The Great Family Reunion performed - this is a staple in any Jewish wedding and for the most part it is always the same...except our ours! The personalized touch and care not only on our wedding day itself but also the weeks and months leading up to our amazing wedding day made for an unforgettable and special experience we wouldn't trade in for anything.
    <3 Melissa + Scott

Molly · Married on 09/15/2018

We loved having Great Family Reunion at our wedding! They were so easy to work with and did an amazing job throughout the entire night from the ceremony music to the reception which was an awesome dance party! They also provided all sound equipment which was really helpful as our venue did not have it. They had a mic for our officiant, a standing mic for a few speakers during our ceremony, etc. I would highly recommend them for your next event!!! We are still getting rave reviews from our guests about the music!

Great Family Reunion's reply:

Molly- We had an amazing time playing for you and your amazing guests. You guys were an incredibly wonderful group of guests, giving us all the energy we needed. Thanks again for having us, and all the best! -The GFR Team

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

For our backyard wedding in Boulder we wanted to just have the best party, lots of dancing and great music. It felt like a small risk hiring a live band, but we couldn't be happier with our decision to hire GFR! Working with Jonathan and the band was so easy and worth the money. They played the songs we requested, and even learned ones they have never heard of before. Communication was speedy and they were very professional. At this point, we probably go to 4-5 weddings a summer; this was hands down the best wedding. GFR played a huge role in making the night amazing! All of our friends raved about this band, even the ones who had live bands at their wedding. RECOMMEND 100% if you want the dancing at your wedding to be epic.

Austin · Married on 07/08/2018

We used the Great Family Reunion's string band, Por la Paz, for our ceremony and reception, and the DJ for after dinner. The group was great! I worked with Jordan and he was able to put together some beautiful string arrangements of some of our favorite songs for the ceremony and grand entrance, with one of our requests coming at the eleventh hour. The arrangements were spectacular! The DJ used a playlist that we provided for musical inspiration and had a great mix of some of our requests plus others that related nicely to our tastes.

Ryan · Married on 09/01/2018

We chose Great Family Reunion Band for our wedding because we wanted a tight, well-rehearsed band for our outdoor food & music festival concept. Being from Brooklyn, New York & working in the music business, we had a hard time finding the right band for our event and GFR delivered!

Food and Music were the two most important factors to us on our special day; GFR played to the crowd’s liking and executed the tightness factor we were looking for. We brought in a professional sound & lighting company that was an amazing compliment to the bands repertoire and rock star style. It was like being at your own private concert under the stars.

While we ran into last minute timing/flow issues with food service & photography, we lost approx. 30 minutes of music. It wasn’t anyone’s fault being that we were on a curfew, but I would recommend that if you do run into a similar issue day of, stick to your original agreed upon game plan so you get the most of what you expected.