Great Events Catering Reviews

Great Events Catering 5
Great Events Catering 6
Great Events Catering 7

Minna · Married on 02/20/2015

OUTSTANDING - Aleks, Jackie, and everyone. Wow. I was originally referred to another caterer by my venue, but they were HORRIBLE in communicating with me, so I gave up and did my own search. Found Great Events and I am so thankful I did. Aleks answered my 100+ emails promptly, and when Jackie stepped in for my tasting, they went above and beyond. And the food... OMG. So good! My guests raved. My sister in law who has never eaten seafood in her life went back for seconds and thirds for the lobster quesadilla... At the reception, my drink was always being refilled (without being asked what I was drinking - they pay such attention to detail), and the service was excellent. They also provide tables, chairs, and linens, including for the welcome table & DJ, which were perfect. Between my coordinator and the caterers, they were really supreme professionals and I felt so happy that I did not have to worry about ONE SINGLE THING! I was truly just able to enjoy myself! Oh and at the tasting, two months before the wedding, I mentioned that the groom doesn't like onions and I don't like tomatoes, and... wedding day, no tomatoes on my salad and no onions on his. Service A+!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Heather · Married on 01/17/2015

Every person was absolutely floored by the perfect execution of food and ambiance that Great Events Catering brought to our destination wedding at the Key West Garden Club. The outdoors venue, the humidity, food stations, and a gluten free bride were all part of the day for Great Events when we met with them to book our wedding. Chef Dave, Aleksandra and Jackie are the people who make your dream day come true without a pause. Aleksandra tirelessly makes edits and tweaks to the menus, and the tiny, balanced, deliciousness that Chef Dave dreams to life are SO creative, SO uniquely presented, and just SO delicious that they will delight anyone. The execution and customer services of Great Events Catering is unbelievably on point, we would hire them 17million times over again. Really they are that fantastic.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Anne · Married on 12/20/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Great Events for our wedding reception at Fort Zachary Taylor and could not have been more pleased with everything from the set-up to the truly amazing food!

I’ve had many events catered and attended many as well and really have never had food this good outside of a restaurant. Everyone in attendance commented on how great the food was.

Aleksandra and her team were really fantastic. The service was great. Their attention to detail was outstanding and truly appreciated.

I was initially hesitant about selecting Great Events, knowing that I would not have an opportunity for a tasting before our wedding and their prices were a little higher than our other option, but we made the right decision! They are worth every penny!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Beatriz · Married on 11/22/2014

food was spectacular, they were very accommodating when it came to changing plates and trying the food before you choose them. They allow you to do a tasting and if you go with them (which you will) the money goes towards your deposit.

The fish is great the short ribs are great the chicken is great. Everything they made was AMAZING

The bartenders were quick and there was never a line for the bar (which is a big pet peeve of mine) and they made sure my glass was always full and chilled :)

Thank you for everything!

Bea and Thomas

Sent on 04/15/2015

Great Events is nothing short or amazing. We used them for both our rehearsal dinner and reception. The rehearsal dinner was relaxed and casual while the reception was more classic in feel. The food on both nights was out of this world. All the guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Choosing food without tasting it was a shot in the dark but it was well worth it. I would use them again if I were ever to be in Key West and needed an event catered.

Great Events even took care of all of the rental needs. It was one stop shopping.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Kaitlin · Married on 11/08/2014

Great Events exceeded our expectations. Great Events catered both our Welcome Reception at the Audobon House and Wedding Reception at Southernmost Mansion … both for 130+ guests. For the Welcome Party we chose butler passed hors d’oeuvres, a guacamole station and a cheese, antipasto and crudités display. The presentation was absolutely beautiful and the food was superb.

We chose to do a continuous cocktail style reception at the Southernmost Mansion. Our stations included a Risotto Station, Grill Station with Lobster tails, Grilled Cheese and Soup Station, Salad Cup Station and by our request a Poutine Station (fries with cheese curds and gravy). There was an abundance of food and no one left hungry.

During the wedding reception numerous guests went out of their way to tell us how amazing the food was. Two weeks after the wedding, we are still receiving phone calls about the outstanding food Chef David served.

I’m an event planner and work with some of the best caterers in the NYC area, I was exceedingly impressed by the whole Great Events business operation, from the proposal to response time, to the tasting and execution of the event … they were nothing short of extraordinary. Their professionalism, elegance and culinary creations are one of a kind. If you are a foodie and like to think outside the box, Great Events is the caterer for you.

Thank you Chef David, Aleksandra and the whole Great Events team for creating something so memorable for us and our guests!

Kaitlin and Donald
    11/08/14

Sent on 11/21/2014

Renee · Married on 11/07/2014

Great Events Catering was out of this world amazing! I am beyond thrilled that we chose them for our big day. Honestly, they were perfect!

Aleksandra was amazing to work with leading up to the day, AND the day of, and their staff went above and beyond what they needed to do in order for us (and our guests) to have an amazing time.

The food was fantastic and all of our guests echoed the same positive feedback! We can't say it enough, but our wedding day was everything we wanted and more because of Great Events Catering!

Sent on 11/11/2014
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 10/11/2014

If you are getting married in Key West and you are in need of a caterer, you must get Great Events to cater your wedding! I wish there were more than 5 stars to give this company. They exceeded every expectation that I had hiring a caterer for my wedding. Alex, the sales manager, was amazing to work with, from helping me select a great menu to working with my budget, to giving me her opinion, her patience, responsiveness, and professionalism was simply amazing. She also helped with the linens, upgrading chairs, chargers and lunch for the girls the day of the wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. If you are getting married in Key West and you want food that your guests will love and talk about after leaving the wedding, great custom service throughout the planning process, and just a truly nice person to deal with, book Great Events Catering. They really have a great business and will give you the wedding day you've dreamed about. Our wedding day (and wedding food) was amazing!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Janet · Married on 10/04/2014

Aleksandra at Great Events was a joy to work with. Her advice was spot on. She is very professional and responded quickly to every request. The food was "the best catered food I've ever had" as stated by many of our guests. Everything about this company was top notch! I definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/08/2014

My husband and I were thrilled with our choice of Great Events. We had one meeting prior to our fist meeting and another one after. We cancelled our last meeting after talking with Dave and Alex. My husband and I come from a wedding caterer and restaurant background, so the menu and caterer selection was the highest priority on our list. Dave's passion and creativity showed through from our first meeting, continued phone calls/emails and all the way to our last bite of leftovers the day after the wedding.
    I unfortunately did not feel well during the wedding and missed the food, but the guests were raving about it. We did a guacamole station for hors d'oeuvres and the grill and mashed potato bar for dinner with a selection of mini desserts. They were kind enough to pack up some leftovers for me the next day. I am not a fan of a microwave, but that's all we had in the house we rented, and the food was even delicious the next day. We only wish he had a restaurant so we could enjoy his cooking and support him even more.
    Also, since I was not feeling well, we changed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres to before the ceremony last minute and they were so easy to work with. A huge thank you to that because we know how last minute changes can effect the food. THANK YOU to Dave, Alex and your staff!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Vicki · Married on 06/22/2014

We chose Great Events Catering for our daughters' rehearsal, as well as, the dinner following her wedding. We visited their business in March and enjoyed a food tasting for the food we would have aboard the Fury Catamaran for the rehearsal. It was fabulous! We said we knew the food could not get any better, but then Aleksandra brought us a sample of the food for the reception dinner. The salads and the steak, chicken, and fish cooked on the Evo grill were great, but the Paella was fabulous. We have eaten Paella in Spain and many places in the US, and this was some of the BEST we've eaten. Our guests could not say enough positive remarks about the food. Also there was so much food! We were pleased to see the chef, David Furhman, making sure everything was cooked to perfection! I could not end this review without mentioning the Guacamole Station. It was a surprise for my daughter and her new husband and they LOVED it!

Sent on 07/28/2014

I · Married on 05/31/2014

So I know a lot of reviews say "my guests are still talking about how great the food was at my wedding"--but seriously, our guests are STILL talking about how great the food was at our wedding. Great Events is the best, hands down. Aleksandra was a dream to work with, and she went above and beyond for us so that we could have the flavors we wanted and still stay on a budget. She and the chef were flexible and creative. We always felt just well taken care of by Aleks throughout the planning process. I can't say enough good things about her, she is absolutely phenomenal. The whole staff is incredibly professional, and they were wonderful to all our guests at the wedding. The food was delicious (people particularly loved the plantain crusted mahi-mahi). Guests got multiple servings and the staff was very accommodating. We purchased our own alcohol and they served it -- the bar looked amazing and the bartenders were great. Aleksandra worked with our Day-of-Coordinator the month before the wedding, and we all did a walk-through the day before (which was so kind of them to do for us). Everything looked beautiful, everything tasted great, we couldn't be happier that we chose Great Events. Thank you for everything Aleks and everyone at Great Events!
    -I&D 5.31.14

Sent on 09/01/2014

Amber · Married on 05/03/2014

Very professional and willing to create a menu to fit our budget. Amazing food!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Dave Fuhrman is a fantastic chef! He provided a fabulous menu for the 100+ guests of our daughter's wedding. The food was not only delicious, but of course freshly prepared,abundant and as some commented "too pretty" to eat. The Great Events servers were professional and very personable. Great Events bar service was excellent, as well. Our guests were impressed by the presentation of mojitos to all attendees leaving the ceremony. They commented that " it was very Hemingway-ish" having a frosty mojito, in retro- glassware, upon entering the cocktail hour. Great Events made this event the best wedding ever!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Casey · Married on 03/08/2014

Chef David, Aleksandra and the entire Great Events team were so fantastic to work with for our wedding and Welcome Party. I really can't say enough about how professional everyone was during the events, how friendly the team was, how helpful and accomodating, and how absolutely DELICIOUS the food was for both Welcome Party and Reception. We chose to do passed appetizers for the welcome party and they were all delicious - we had 70 people and in working out the menu with Alexsandra, we had the right amount and it was just as we'd envisioned. As for the reception, we elected to go with a buffet because we wanted a more casual feel - but we did not have to sacrifice on quality at all! We had a wonderful tasting several months prior and everything Chef prepared was delicious. To be honest though - wedding buffet's are never great and the food is always fine but not memorable. That was not to be the case at our reception - the food at the reception was incredible! We had countless guests coming up to us during, immediately after and in the days after the reception telling us that the food was delicious and they couldn't believe that it was 'wedding food'. People LOVED the plantain-dusted mahi - multiple people told me that "they aren't fish eaters and they went back for seconds of the mahi." Honestly, if I could have another wedding, I'd go with Great Events WITHOUT A DOUBT. They were incredible - so easy to deal with, they carried out my vision perfectly, and the food was to die for. I really can't say enough about the entire team. PS - they also handled the open bar for the reception - again it was absolutely perfect. Nothing but praise for these folks!!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Alex and her team at Great Events were wonderful. The food was excellent. They were very easy to work with and their presentation elevated our wedding. They even accomodated a vegetarian, picky bride!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Gwen · Married on 11/30/2013

Alex was amazing to work with. The food was delicious. All my guests were complimenting the food and set up!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Great Events catered our reception in addition to Thanksgiving dinner for my family just before our wedding and a farewell brunch for our guests. Guests are still raving about the food. Aleksandra, Chef David and the GE staff were amazing!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2013

“Best wedding food I have ever tasted.” “The smoked fish dip was amazing.” “The portion sizes were very generous and the food just kept coming.” “Where did you find those caterers?” “I gained 5lbs at your wedding.”
    These are just a few of the comments that I am still hearing from my guests. Three days later and folks are still talking about the food!!! I am pretty sure every person has said it was the best wedding food they have ever been served. We wanted a tapas style menu so our guests could taste all of the island flavors. We went with burrata and peaches on crispy wonton, corn chowder w/ lobster, salad, grouper, beef chimmichuri, crème brulee, key lime pie and Nutella crepe cake! In addition to all of that, we had fish dip and fruit/cheeses during the cocktail hour. I am drooling as I write it. The portion sizes were huge. People kept asking why they were served two entrees!
    In addition to amazing food, they were a real pleasure to work with. Aleksandra handled the event sales and she was very involved. She met with us at the venue two times before the wedding and also attended the rehearsal. She helped us in planning the flow of the evening. They provided wine and champagne service, hosted our bar and moved chairs from the ceremony to the dinner tables. As far as I could tell, the execution was flawless.
    During our tasting, we enjoyed the food so much that we also hired them to cater a post-rehearsal party on Friday night. Again, the food was a hit and service was perfect!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Colleen · Married on 11/16/2013

Aleksandra was great at keeping up with communications, changing numbers and recommending dishes that all came out amazing. Fresh caught fish, grilled to order steaks... yum! The guests could not stop raving. I wanted to take home leftovers, but alas, we were off on our honeymoon!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Maggie · Married on 11/09/2013

Amazing job! I can't say enough great things about Aleksandra and Great Events. Always quick to answer questions, and we had a lot of questions. Worked out so many menu options, incredibly flexible, very helpful with linens and upgraded chairs. They really made sure things not only tasted great, but also looked great. The food was delicious. We had a buffet with a lot of options and we had people who ended up having 3 plates of food because it was so good! The service was also fantastic. Very helpful for grandparents and those who had difficulty getting up to get a plate or drinks. During dinner, the staff even brought drinks to our guests at their tables. Great Events exceeded our expectations! The passed appetizers were also a hit and many guests said they were served multiple times throughout the night - not just once or twice like you frequently see at weddings. Seafood display was also a hit! Some of the largest peel-and-eat- shrimp, we've ever had. So many guest compliments about the food. I even had guests ask me if I could ask Great Events for their recipes! They are fantastic and we are so glad we chose Great Events!!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Katie · Married on 09/01/2013

Let"s just say, even a month after the wedding people are still talking about how good the food was! Picking Great Events was the best decision we made! Dave is an amazing chef. Aleks was SO helpful and made it easy to work with. Jackie was sweet and made everything happen. Hands down, the best food I ever had and I know many other people would agree. Thank you for making our wedding so special!!' You guys are a great team!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Kimberly · Married on 06/06/2013

We had been challenged all week with a looming Tropical Storm and our rehearsal dinner had been great disappointment with another vendor we had contracted with not providing enough food for our guests (we actually had to throw food on the grill ourselves to compensate). Thank goodness we had Great Events catering our reception! They helped set up our compound house and patio as an awesome 'indoor' venue with tables, cloths, and decor that we had originally planned to use outside around the pool area instead set around the living room and on the covered patios. The place looked fabulous, the food was wonderful and the server they provided was very professional. The reception was absolutely AWESOME! The Great Events team was great to work with and the party was a huge hit! The food was top of the line, the guests were bragging on it for days. We really appreciated all the coordination in pulling it all off - despite the weather challenges. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Candice · Married on 06/01/2013

Great Events Catering was amazing! Our guests couldn't stop talking about Chef David Fuhrman's food and the service staff! We also used their bar tending services and she was great with our large crowed! It rained on our reception but Great Events didn't miss a beat, they quickly moved the bar and set up an easy up tent to cover the bar area so guests could go from the big tent to the bar tent without getting wet! Aleksandra their event sales manager felt more like a wedding planner with how hands on she was with all of the details leading up to the wedding day and on the wedding day! I can't say enough good things about this company! I am so glad we picked them to be a part of our big day! I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Danielle · Married on 02/23/2013

I just got married on February 23rd 2013 and there is not better word for my wedding then FANTASTIC! Great Events Catering provided a level of service that went above and beyond the call of duty! Chef Dave, owner and executive Chef, really blew me out of the water with his food. From taste to presentation, this catering company is more than excellent! Alex, the sales manager, was so helpful throughtout the entire planning process and made my decisions easier with giving me her opinion and suggesting different items. My uncle is celiac and requres a Gluton free meal and this catering company went out of their way to make him feel comfortable with the food they prepared for him. Often at events when a special meal is ordered they recieve their meals last, but not Great Events, they made sure that my Uncle got served with his table and that ment so much to me. I cannot say enough good things about Great Events. They catered my rehearsal dinner and wedding day and being a local I will be using them for ANY special events we may have in the future, including my five siblings who will get married!

Thank you to everyone at Great Events!

Sent on 02/27/2013