Great Events Catering Reviews

Great Events Catering 5
Great Events Catering 6
Great Events Catering 7

Julia · Married on 05/06/2017

When it came to food for our wedding, that was the part my husband wanted to choose. He is a chef, so it really meant a lot to him that our menu was phenomenal. After venue searching at resorts, we became discouraged with their preset menus with typical wedding food. We then decided to go with a venue where we could hire a caterer. Once the venue manager found out my husband's occupation, she immediately referred us to Great Events, stating they were for "foodies." We live here locally, so we were able to visit them for a tasting. It was out of this world. Chef David prepared everything for us, as discussed each menu item with us. Before the tasting, we had gone over a menu of what we wanted with Aleksandra, who is in charge of their operations. She was seriously AMAZING. My husband is originally from Poland & we wanted to incorporate that into our wedding. She was able to get us traditional Polish vodkas, as well as beers. All the guys at the wedding loved having Zywiec to drink! A few of my husband's family flew in from Poland, & Alex went as far as to get us Polish servers! She was literally more than just the front of the catering. We met with her numerous times, she helped me with the set up of everything, suggestions, she was there every step of the way for us during the wedding planning process. She even stopped by at the wedding to check on us. And the final menu chosen for the wedding was insane. I'm at the age where a lot of my friends are getting married, as well as attending weddings & all of the guests commented on how exceptional the food was. My husband & I have both worked in restaurants for many years, and in the Keys, good service can be difficult to find. The food was delivered promptly, and the servers & bartenders were on point. They constantly checked on myself, as well as my husband & his family to keep our drinks full. Between the food, the exceptional service, & the kind treatment we received, it was truly memorable.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kathy · Married on 04/30/2017

Great Expectations catered my rehearsal sunset cruise aboard the Jolly Rover and my wedding at the Audobon House. The food at both events was phenomenal, with something for everyone. The youngsters LOVED the french fry bar, the foodies loved the ceviche and guacamole stations, and everyone found something to love at the grill station. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared, and cooks and servers at both events were warm, gracious and fun. Finally, GE was super accommodating for my guests with food allergies, even walking them through the stations and helping them make "safe" selections. Great Expectations exceeded my expectations all the way around!!!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Kristine · Married on 04/29/2017

The team at Great Events is amazing. We can't thank Aleksandra, Jackie, the service staff and the talented chefs enough for making our wedding a dream come true! They were all so flexible and easy to work with and their convenient, inclusive packages made planning our wedding efficient, simple and stress-free! We opted for the Wedding Buffet package and our guests couldn't stop RAVING about the quality of the food and how good everything was. We received multiple comments from guests about how it was by far the BEST wedding food they've ever had - and we had a tough crowd of foodies to please so that says a lot! During the reception, one of the servers even went of their way without being asked, to personally walked my grandmother over to the buffet station and held her plate for her while she chose her dinner options - beyond thoughtful and considerate. They truly went above and beyond to make everyone feel special. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Caroline · Married on 04/28/2017

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Great Events did an amazing job catering our wedding. All of our guests commented on how great the food was, how professional and nice the staff were, and how fast the bartenders were!
    It was a pleasure to work with Aleks and her team, and they were always available to communicate by phone or email.
    Great caterers who know how to work and manage the flow of a wedding! Book them!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Dawnmarie · Married on 04/18/2017

It was so scary to plan a wedding in Key West Florida from California. My first conversations with Aleksandra and Jackie made me feel at ease. I wasn't able to taste the food so I received all kinds of pictures of their food and setup. The bride decided to have a taco/quesadilla bar for dinner and a guacamole bar for cocktail hour. How could that look elegant for a wedding is what Im thinking? Well they did it!!!! The displays were amazing. The food flavors were to die for. Everything Jackie and Aleksandra said they would do they did!! Service was amazing from start to finish. Their staff of servers also were professional but fun! Everyone LOVED the food and drink. Great prices too!!!! You cant go wrong with chosing Great Events. My only regret is they aren't here in California!!!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2017

Ever go to a wedding and everything is gorgeous but when your meal comes its just typical "wedding food"? This is not the case for Great Events. Every guest raved about the food, even now 2 weeks later. If the chef could win a James Beard award I would nominate him. For Foodies out there this is your only choice. From cocktail hour to reception the food was as creative as a high end resturant. Aleksandra was efficient and professional. Quick to respond and helpful in every part of the process. Thank you for making our wedding spectacular. Jessica and Ed Wiegman 3-17-17

Sent on 03/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 03/10/2017

The food was amazing. My guests talked about the food all night. I had a tight budget and Aleksandra was helpful and provided suggestions to save me money rather than annoyed by my budget restrains as other caterers had been. I needed a gluten-free menu and she worked with me to create the perfect menu. Wonderful experience.

Sent on 03/12/2017

Kelley · Married on 03/03/2017

Great Events was Amazing! I was a little worried at first because of timing they were the only caterers available for our date but I was assured they would be exceptional and they blew us away! I worked primarily with Aleksandra who was great at responding promptly and was very professional. Great Events did a wonderful job with keeping our catering on budget and actually reworked a few things to ensure we had a quality menu. We chose their grill station which was fun because they had the chef on site grilling for guests. The food quality and presentation were spot on and several guests actually pulled me aside just to compliment me on the food itself. If your are looking for great presentation and service where the food also tastes absolutely amazing and fresh I would highly recommend Great Events Catering!

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • User4613761 · event on 05/21/2016

Absolutely amazing! Everyone said it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Guacamole bar is an absolute must!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/14/2016

Great Events was a fabulous catering company to work with for our sunset cruise on 5/12/16. The Great Events staff were super helpful and responsive during the event planning process! The food was wonderful! The dessert spoon option was great and the food was all perfect for the sunset sail! I highly recommend Great Events as a catering company!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Paige · Married on 04/30/2016

We hired Great Events Catering for approximately 100 people. The food was delicious. We had stations of prime rib, fish and chicken as the main course and I thought it was wonderful. I loved the assortment and variety from the cocktail hour to main course. I would highly recommend them and I thought the pricing was very fair. I would utilize them again.

Sent on 05/02/2016

To start with the most important part of this review: The food was absolutely fantastic. Everything tasted great, from the various grilled flatbreads, to the moist chicken best and marinated flank steak, to the sumptuous and rich desserts. There was more than enough food for everyone, and then some! The catering staff were professional and courteous: They made sure the bride and groom ate - which believe me, was important to us! We made some changes to our original menu choices, and to the number of desserts, and the Great Events team was accommodating and helpful through every decision and much of our indecision. Aleksandra should be proud of her food, her staff, and the amazing service.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Dee · Married on 04/30/2016

Great Events could not have impressed us more at our wedding. From the tasting to the wedding, their entire staff was professional and incredibly helpful. They made this part of the wedding planning incredibly easy for us. The menu options were all great and the one we went with was perfect for our wedding of 100 guests. We're almost three weeks after our wedding and I had someone text me last night about the wedding and they of course brought up how good the food was. The entire night at the wedding, I never heard one complaint, and really everyone I spoke to just gushed about how great the food was and how beautiful the setting was. We had a roasted pig and entire fish as part of our buffet and the display set up for both was really impressive. Their staff was very helpful, polite, and professional. Whatever your event, you can't go wrong with Great Events.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Erica · Married on 04/23/2016

Great Events was definitely the perfect choice of caterer for our wedding. We got married this past weekend in Key West at the Audubon House. We chose the grill station and had passed hors d'oeuvres. Aleksandra and Jackie were wonderful to work with and helped so much along the way with our timeline and our planning process. They went above and beyond any expectations. All of our guests loved the food and bar, and we are still getting compliments! We also used them for tables, chairs, and linens. Their selection of linen colors helped create a beautiful setting. Great Events helped make our wedding and incredible celebration. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2016

We cant thank Great Events enough for their catering of our wedding. Everyone raved about how delicious the food at the wedding was. We also had an open bar and they did an excellent job at keeping things flowing the entire night. Aleksandra was our main contact person and she was so sweet and accommodating to us since we are from Miami and this was a destination wedding for us. Chef David was also very nice and attentive to our requests and attended one of our walk through's to ensure that the venue was accommodating to the needs of the catering staff as well as my husband and I. Jackie ran our wedding reception the night of the wedding and like I mentioned earlier everything flowed smoothly. They also worked with us on the pricing to accommodate our financial needs and budget. Definitely cannot go wrong in choosing them as a caterer for your event. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Amylynn · Married on 12/19/2015

Great Events did a wonderful job for our wedding. The food & service were great, as was our whole bar set up. They really know the venues well & are total experts on the flow of the reception and what will work best. Aleksandra is SO wonderful, professional, kind, and easy to work with. She's your girl if you have any questions-- she knows it all. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Cecile · Married on 12/12/2015

On the day of the event for the reception- Great Events showed up on time to set up. The staff was very friendly & attentive and the food was DELICIOUS, I would definitely hire their services again and would recommend them.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Leigh · Married on 08/31/2015

I'm not sure where to start... Hats off to Jackie and Aleks for helping me plan from over 1,000 miles away! The setup of everything was perfect due to limited but beautiful space. The stations setup with the passed Hor D'oeuvres and guacamole station was the way to go for us. My guests are still raving about how great the food tasted and how friendly the staff was. The only downfall is it would cost us a small fortune to bring them to PA to cater for our hometown reception or we would!! :)

Sent on 09/17/2015

Great Events Catering's reply:

As a Pa boy myself growing up, anything is possible. You never know, there may be some opportunities for a private chef dinner as a redo!! Thank you for all the kind words and congratulations to both of you!!
    Chef-

sabrina · Married on 06/27/2015

Aleksandra and Jackie were the BEST!!! I dealt mostly with Aleksandra who was extremely professional and returned all of my calls and emails promptly. She was so helpful in giving ideas and just always seemed to know exactly what we needed to do and/or where everything needed to go. I always felt confident and secure that everything was going to work out from the beginning. The chef also cooked the most amazing dishes and the bar staff was topnotch!!! Our wedding guests couldn't brag enough about the catering (food/drinks). I truly enjoyed working with them and would recommend them 100%!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Shannon · Married on 05/23/2015

Great Events provided exquisite catering options for our wedding at Old Town Manor. Not only did they accommodate our preferences, but adapted to a change on the night of our wedding for a guest that had an allergy that we weren't aware of at the time. The mahi mahi was fresh and seasoned to our liking and the filet was grilled perfectly. The tropical flavors weren't over the top, they were perfect for our guests and our tastes. The plates were generous and the staff was more than helpful, kind and realistic with our needs. I would use Great Events again and again and highly recommend them for anyone doing a destination event in Key West.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Karen · Married on 05/09/2015

I want to thank Alex, Jackie and the whole crew at Great Events for helping make our wedding over-the-top. Alex was an amazing coordinator and was a whole bunch of help when we were deciding the menu. Our food couldn't have been more delicious, seriously. I am still getting comments from my guests. Absolutely fabulous! Thank you, Jackie, for outdoing yourself the entire night! I wouldn't think twice about picking these guys for my next party.

Karen and Chris Majchrowicz

Sent on 06/03/2015

JC · Married on 05/02/2015

Chef David, Aleksandra and the rest of the Great Events staff are wonderful. They are extremely professional and accommodating. We did not have a wedding planner and Aleksandra was so patient with us and provided wonderful advice throughout planning our wedding. There was never a moment of concern or worry because Aleksandra was always on top of it. Chef David has a true gift with food. It was so difficult deciding what stations to have because everything tasted so good! Our wedding cocktail hour and reception were amazing! The Great Events staff made every guest feel welcome and made sure they were well fed! The presentation of the food was beautiful! If I ever have another catering event in Key West, I will not hesitate to call Aleksandra up.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Susan · Married on 03/14/2015

I recommend Great Events Catering to anyone who wants to have a beautiful event and virtually stress free. We had the rehearsal dinner on a Sunset Sail on the Fury Boats and with the challenges of having this event on the boat Great Events Catering did a fabulous job. The food was excellent and plentiful and the presentation was beautiful. As important as the food is, more importantly the staff was outstanding. They made sure all guests were served and even remembered all the little things like which guests didn't like fish or didn't eat meat. I couldn't have asked anything more. They are true professionals. Everyone raved about how good the food and service were.

Trying to coordinate this event from Michigan the staff was most helpful It was a little challenging for me to do this event over so many miles with no knowledge of the area. Their suggestions, patience and reassurances to my many questions and concerns made things so easy for me and I am grateful for their help.

The timing and coordination of everything so I could have our Polish tradition of bread salt and wine first was right on par with the staff ready and waiting to serve the food immediately.

It will be a day the bride and groom will always remember with beautiful memories. Thank you
    Susan Galeczka

Sent on 01/22/2015

Michelle · Married on 03/07/2015

I could honestly go on forever about how fantastic Great Events Catering is. The food was AMAZING! If it was a restaurant, I would eat here daily. They did such an incredible job. The presentation was so high class and beyond anything Ive ever experienced at any other wedding I've been to. All our guests were raving about the food and drinks. "Best food I've ever had at a wedding" was the quote of the evening. Their coordinator Alex is superb at her job and we loved working with her. Thank you Great Events!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Holly · Married on 02/28/2015

Great Events went above and beyond our expectations. They are quick to respond with questions and very flexable to any requests. The food and service was AMAZING! Our guests are still raving about it. We had people go up for 2nd and 3rds and heard "best wedding food ever" more then just once.

Sent on 03/09/2015