Gray Harper Event Maker Reviews

17 | Savannah, GA

17 Reviews for Gray Harper Event Maker

Alexa · Married on 02/04/2017

Andrea was perfect for my vision! I used Gray Harper for florals and she really nailed it. I never envisioned myself with a ton of flowers, instead a ton of candles. She took the photos I sent and totally ran with it. I genuinely feel like she understood my vision instead of just recreating something that was seen on Pinterest. Each bouquet was unique, each boutonniere was different, the mother's corsages were on snap bracelets! The altar piece she designed was absolutely amazing and was a huge focal point for the ceremony and reception. Aside from her work, she is so responsive and friendly and really willing to work with you. Great pricing as well. She fell directly into my budget (which was not big when it comes to wedding flowers) and still managed to make a huge impact in the space. I very very highly recommend Andrea!

suz · Married on 05/21/2016

We hired Andrea almost 2 years prior to my daughter's wedding. She was professional and informative from the start all the way to The Day. She was there for the entire day until late into the evening the night of the wedding. She made sure everything was taken care of leaving us to fully enjoy the wedding. I wouldn't change a thing. We are so glad we hired her!

Kati · Married on 05/21/2016

Hey all,

I was recently married in May of '16 in Midway, Georgia (just outside of Savannah). Andrea, who is the owner of GHEM, was simply amazing on the day of and up until. I don't even know where I want to begin I have so many wonderful things to say about her and her team.

We started working together nearly two years before our actual wedding date and I'm glad we did. It gave us time to get to know each other and build a friendship, our styles are similar but if I ever didn't like something she listened and made sure I was happy with the final outcome. Although she has a strong team to help her on the day of the wedding that didn't prevent her from getting hands on.

The most challenging part was selecting vendors because we were planning everything from out of town but it turned out perfectly!! She has her list of yes' and no's from personal experiences she has had working with them and we appreciated her honesty. It made for a much happier event day because the vendors we selected were all amazing.
    She created a checklist with a due date and would check in either telephone or email to make sure everyone was on the same page. Getting in contact with her was never a problem, email's were returned in a timely manner and I could always reach her by telephone if I absolutely needed something.

On a side note; we also hired Andrea for the florals. Literally the best way I can describe her arrangements were; '100% LOVE'. Absolutely stunning - I even dried mine out and saved them in a shadow box they were just that beautiful.

Not only did my husband and I have the most perfect wedding day thanks to Andrea but we now have some great friends for life. We are extremely grateful for all she did to make our wedding day one for the books. ;) Seriously, if you're on the fence about hiring an event planner or not....hire Andrea! She's the absolute best.

Jamie · Married on 11/21/2015

After interviewing 5 other wedding planners in Savannah I chose Andrea for her work ethic, innovation and style. This weekend I visited Savannah with my parents and fiancée for a pre wedding visit to finalize vendors and meet and greet with venues. Andrea planned the schedule for the visit and attended every meeting and helped with every detail. Even though my wedding is in November, Andrea was on point at every opportunity, she helped me avert a hair crisis, supplied my fiancée and I with matching umbrellas for a rainy engagement photo shoot, and even surprised us with coffee at an early morning meeting. She anticipated every bump in the road before we even knew there would be a bump.

Andrea also has great working relationships with vendors. Through out the weekend I could truly see that all the vendors we met love working with Andrea. She is calm, smart, ready and creative. I know for a fact that I would not be nearly as prepared or informed but for Andrea's help and advice. I have extremely high standards and Andrea has surpassed every expectation. She truly went above and beyond this weekend, and it's not even my wedding weekend yet. Thank you, Andrea!

Laura · Married on 07/25/2015

Andrea came recommended to me from my photographer and I'm so glad she did! I wanted to do much of the planning myself and some of the decor, so I contacted Andrea about handling the florals for the ceremony and reception. From the moment we met and chatted about ideas I knew she was going to do a wonderful job. Everything, from the bouquets and boutonnieres to the table centerpieces to the ceremony flowers were perfect and exactly what I hoped for. She incorporated what I brought as well and made everything look fabulous. She was also very easy to work with and responsive, which was incredibly important for me since I live in New Jersey. I would definitely recommend GHEM for anyone looking to hold an event in Savannah.

• I

Ivey · Married on 06/12/2015

I can't sing Andrea's praises enough. I found her by admiring her work in a bridal magazine, and after a Skype interview with her, knew we had found the right planner. She immediately saw our vision and was brilliant at finding elegant solutions to the slew of ideas we had. She does the most gorgeous flowers and has great relationships with other vendors in Savannah, which speaks volumes to her professionalism and work ethic. She also has flawless taste! Every vendor she recommended and idea she had was right on the money. Planning from Atlanta, we could fully trust her to make decisions for us, and what she saved us in time, stress, and frustration is invaluable. She also helped slash our budget and found ways to save us money that I would have never known to consider. Day-of, she and her team were wedding ninjas, making our event an impeccable, smooth success, even with a torrential rain delay! She had Plans A, B, and C all lined up for any possible scenario. Our guests gushed about how on point and hospitable the GHEM team was. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. From the first meeting to the send-off, the whole process was a fun celebration instead of the complicated mess it would have been in our own hands. Even if you're not in Savannah, HIRE HER! Thank you, Andrea!!!

Christine · Married on 08/02/2014

Andrea was amazing to work with. She gave me exactly what I asked for and the flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Amazing customer service, very reasonable and beautiful products!!! I would highly recommend Gray Harper for any of your events.

Miranda · Married on 05/23/2014

Our wedding planner Andrea, of Gray Harper Event Maker was, in a word, INVALUABLE! Many couples struggle with whether to invest in a wedding planner. Even my now husband was unsure about hiring a planner, but now that our wedding is over we both agree hiring Andrea was the only way we could have made our special day happen the way we envisioned. Andrea was amazing! Her professionalism, creativity, diligence and attention to detail were absolutely irreplaceable in making my day the event of my dreams. Andrea created and managed the budget and helped me come up with a cohesive and beautiful theme and color scheme, which she communicated to vendors. Since my husband and I live in Cincinnati, Andrea coordinated vendors and schedules when we visited Savannah. As a Savannah local, she was able to offer up many honest reviews of local vendors. On the big day, Andrea ensured that our wedding and reception went off without a hitch. She fully drafted and executed a detailed "day of" schedule that coordinated photographers, vendors, guests and wedding party, of which I had no idea how to do or any frame of reference! For example a couple of guests arrived late to our ceremony. Andrea spotted them and helped them find a seat quickly and quietly – the wedding party and other guests didn’t even notice. Most of all, Andrea helped me navigate the emotional and financial challenges that come with planning a wedding. Andrea was great at walking the delicate line of sensible, but catering to the fantasy that all brides have of their wedding and their day. It isn't easy dealing with emotional brides with high expectations and Andrea handled it in such a sensitive and professional way. I feel not only did she plan the wedding of my dreams, but she also became a trusted friend and confidant! From beginning to end Andrea made wedding planning so enjoyable and fun for me and managed as much of my fiancé and my stress as humanly possible. Truly, thank you for everything Andrea.

Patricia · Married on 11/15/2013

As a professional in the bridal industry, I knew I would have high standards and expectations when it came to planning my nuptials. When I saw the work of Gray Harper Event Maker on Style Me Pretty, I knew I had to look no further. As a designer, my first focus is on the aesthetics and Andrea (of GHEM) just blew me away with her eye for detail, color, texture, and mood. Not only is Andrea wildly talented in the creative field, but she is also incredibly organized, extremely thorough, and an adept problem solver. Gray Harper is the ideal partner when planning such a momentous occasion.

I could go on and on for hours about how wonderful it was to work with Gray Harper Event Maker. I have nothing but the highest praise for Andrea and her ability to make your wedding day a most memorable and beautiful event. I had so much fun and it was just so spectacular that I am seriously considering doing a vow renewal just so that I could use her services again. And I think that speaks volumes of Andrea and her business.

Jen · Married on 11/02/2013

Andrea is not just an event planner. She gets to know her bride and groom and goes above and beyond to make their dreams come true. I wanted a very personalized wedding. Not only did Andrea understand my wants and needs but she hit the nail on the head by making choices and helping guide me to put together the most perfect wedding for us. She is a PRO with flowers. They were lowest on my priority list so we purchased locally and she arranged. She absolutely should have charged me more. The flowers were incredible. She also created custom napkins, custom backdrops, custom everything. She is so crafty and creative and I can't imagine the hours she put into all of the pieces that came together for our wedding. It was one of a kind, all mine, and nothing short of perfect.

Eileen · Married on 09/28/2013

Andrea Gray Harper and her company are outstanding. From the minute I saw her work first hand at a friends wedding, I knew I wanted her to help us coordinate my fiance & I's upcoming wedding. To say that she surpassed my expectations on all levels is not enough; the entire planning process with Andrea was awesome and so much fun and that is what it should be and I will never be able to thank her enough. Her beautiful creativity, sense of humor, professionalism, and incredible love and adoration of weddings & event planning is unparallelled by others in her field. Aside from saying "yes" & 'I do" to Wesley (now my husband) hiring Andrea & her company was the best decision I made in regards to my wedding. Look no further & quit saying you don't need a planner because you do &, it must be said, Andrea Gray Harper is the best!

• I

Ida · Married on 09/18/2013

WOW- you are simply amazing! Thank you for your hard work and attention to detail. Your eye for style is meticulous; you truly have a special gift. You never ceased to surprise me with all of the little touches you put into our wedding day. Ian and I are so lucky to have had you with us during the whole process, you made it beautiful, easy and seamless. We will NEVER forget how incredible our wedding day was and how much work you did to make It perfect for us. Thank you for everything!
    Ida and Ian Fraser

My first wedding decision should have been to hire Andrea and not wait 6 weeks before the wedding. Everyone remarked how calm I was the day of and this was due to having the confidence that Andrea had everything under control and could handle any last minute problems! Hire her before your date is taken!

Ashley · Married on 03/01/2013

Andrea was very detail oriented, organized and took initiative in advance to make the day go smoothly! She went way above and beyond to make our wedding so special, individualized. I did not have to worry about a thing. She was reliable, prompt and friendly, not to mention stuck to her guns on what we wanted specifically as far as budget, decor, food and other amenities. Creatively she was great, and saw my vision perfectly and executed it well. I highly reccomend her to anyone looking to have a worry free wedding.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/21/2012

Absolutely perfect. Detailed, beautiful and a dream to work with. Andrea is not only organized & uber professional, but is a true artist. She crafted the perfect event -- from decor to details to vendor management. She made our wedding a joy...all I had to do was enjoy the day! Everything was taken care of seamlessly -- and I had the joy of being surprised and excited by all the care, details and amazing touches she puts on an event. Beyond my wildest expectations...Andrea is the perfect vendor to make your event not only beautiful, but sweet and meaningful and fun!

• samantha

samantha · Married on 10/13/2012

I cannot say enough good things about GHEM! Their attention to detail and personal touches made our wedding absolutely amazing. We knew from the beginning what kind of event we wanted, but they went above and beyond our expectations. Everything was perfect for our special day and we have GHEM to thank for it!

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2012

Andrea was uh-mazing! She made our day exactly how we wanted it. We are from Canada and planning it without her would have been painful and probably couldn't have possibly turned out the way it did. Every detail and home-made element was exactly how I envisioned it and really helped with our budget. A perfect "vintage southern hospitality" wedding was exactly what I got thanks to Andrea.