29 Reviews for Grant Humphreys Mansion

Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
29 Grant Humphreys Mansion Reviews

4.1

We got married here in September and it was beautiful. My husband and I were trying to do a wedding on a strict budget and were able to have the ceremony and reception there for such a deal! The place is so pretty that you hardly need any decorations and they keep it so well maintained. All of our guests loved the place and had so much fun.

Profile Picture User5453131, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Grant Humphreys is a gorgeous, historic location in the heart of Denver. It is perfect for someone who is looking for an elegant, but not stuffy location. We had our ceremony outside on the west porch and lawn. It was really amazing. After that, we had a cocktail hour on the veranda area, which allowed our guests to mingle and watch the sunset over the mountains. Inside the mansion, we had a formal dinner on the main floor, followed by dancing in the ballroom in the basement. It was great to have so many different, distinct areas within one great location. Our guests really appreciated not having to drive from the ceremony location to the reception location. The Grant Humphreys is also nicer than a lot of other historic mansions in Denver because their rental policies are more relaxed. I would highly recommend it!

Profile Picture April, 9/6/08, 5 Reviews
3.8

The venue itself was perfect! We had about 120 people for an indoor ceremony and reception. It was slightly crowded during the ceremony, but other than that there was plenty of room inside. It was very helpful to bring our own vendors and the ballroom was perfect for a band.
My only gripes were that the mansion staff were inconsistent in returning phone calls and during the wedding we couldn't find the representative to operate the elevator. Overall it was great!

Profile Picture User228877, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.6

This vendor refused to communicate with my wedding coordinator, even though she initially set up for us to get married there. Finding them the day of the wedding was difficult, during the rehearsal, and their hours are horrid for trying to see the place and do a walk through.

That being said, the venue turned out gorgeous and all of the guests and the whole wedding party commented about how great it was to have the wedding there. We haven't seen the pictures yet but I'm sure the venue looks amazing in them!

Profile Picture Diane, 6/21/10, 3 Reviews