Grant Humphreys Mansion Reviews

Grant Humphreys Mansion 5
Grant Humphreys Mansion 6
Grant Humphreys Mansion 7

Lyndsey · Married on 10/08/2016

This is a beautiful venue, full of character! Many of my guests said it was the coolest venue they had ever been to for a wedding. The event managers are responsive, easy-going people--definitely willing to work with you on certain details. Overall a very painless process with Grant Humphreys!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Alison · Married on 06/14/2008

Absolutely a beautiful place to get married. You get to bring in your own vendors which helps with cost and flexibility. Plus the place is a historical mansion so little to no decorations are needed. Book quickly, very popular and fills quickly. Recommend purchasing at least an hour or two of extra time if you are having the ceremony and the reception there (esp with a larger crowd).

Sent on 06/27/2008
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/27/2013

3.5

I love the venue it is STUNNING! I like the fact that the spaces were separate so each portion of our evening could have a different feel. I also liked how the different spaces allowed for us to easily modify our event due to inclement weather. I will say that it usually takes over 24 hours for the staff to respond. However, this is understandable there are only about 3 people and the manage the event rentals for the majority of the Colorado Historic Society's venues all over the Denver area. They are extremely professional and full of great ideas to make your wedding special. I am SO glad we found them and booked with them. There is a reason they book almost two years in advance! We were super lucky to get a date! I can't say enough good things about them.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Lindy · Married on 07/25/2009

3.0

I loved having our wedding at the Grant-Humphreys Mansion -- it is an absolutely stunning venue, and the rental fees are quite reasonable. I was also consistently impressed with the staff. However, we did run into some frustrations because the mansion is not very flexible about things like delivery times. Since it's a historic site, be prepared to work with some limitations!

Sent on 07/30/2009

Tyler · Married on 08/17/2003

3.5

It was an AMAZING place for a reception, we had pictures in front which look like they are out of a magazine. It is a fun, unique plaec to have a reception...oh, and the basement is perfect if you like to have a real Dance party at the reception. We are a pretty young couple and our friends danced until they had to stop the party... and we had snuck out an hour and a half earlier. Fantastic location, I highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/31/2008

Gwendolyn · Married on 09/22/2016

2.5

We got married here in September and it was beautiful. My husband and I were trying to do a wedding on a strict budget and were able to have the ceremony and reception there for such a deal! The place is so pretty that you hardly need any decorations and they keep it so well maintained. All of our guests loved the place and had so much fun.

Sent on 10/24/2016

April · Married on 09/06/2008

3.0

The Grant Humphreys is a gorgeous, historic location in the heart of Denver. It is perfect for someone who is looking for an elegant, but not stuffy location. We had our ceremony outside on the west porch and lawn. It was really amazing. After that, we had a cocktail hour on the veranda area, which allowed our guests to mingle and watch the sunset over the mountains. Inside the mansion, we had a formal dinner on the main floor, followed by dancing in the ballroom in the basement. It was great to have so many different, distinct areas within one great location. Our guests really appreciated not having to drive from the ceremony location to the reception location. The Grant Humphreys is also nicer than a lot of other historic mansions in Denver because their rental policies are more relaxed. I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/27/2008

Tiana · Married on 10/23/2009

3.8
      3.5

The venue itself was perfect! We had about 120 people for an indoor ceremony and reception. It was slightly crowded during the ceremony, but other than that there was plenty of room inside. It was very helpful to bring our own vendors and the ballroom was perfect for a band.
    My only gripes were that the mansion staff were inconsistent in returning phone calls and during the wedding we couldn't find the representative to operate the elevator. Overall it was great!

Sent on 11/23/2009

Diane · Married on 06/21/2010

3.6
      3.5

This vendor refused to communicate with my wedding coordinator, even though she initially set up for us to get married there. Finding them the day of the wedding was difficult, during the rehearsal, and their hours are horrid for trying to see the place and do a walk through.

That being said, the venue turned out gorgeous and all of the guests and the whole wedding party commented about how great it was to have the wedding there. We haven't seen the pictures yet but I'm sure the venue looks amazing in them!

Sent on 06/29/2010