Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop Reviews

64 | Whitehall, PA

64 Reviews for Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop

Kolbe · Married on 05/31/2014

Let me tell you, this lady knows how to bake! We found Granny Schmidt online and went to meet with her. During that time, she gave both my fiancée and myself small samples of her cake, and HOLY COW THEY WERE DELICIOUS. We also showed her a picture of a cake her found online, thinking that it looked complicated, but within three seconds of seeing it, she went "Oh, I've made this cake before." She's a no-nonsense, "let's make some great cake" lady that gets the job done on time and perfectly. Our cake had a regal/royal pattern on the outside (which she did with buttermilk frosting, NOT FONDANT!), and chocolate and vanilla cake with a layer of raspberry purée in between the layers, on her suggestion because we loved both the samples we tried. Granny Schmidt did an EXCELLENT job catering to our needs, making useful suggestions, and delivering a cake that we COMPLETELY FINISHED on the day of our wedding. Hell, my wife and I only got a half-slice! That's how much our guests loved the cake! We would highly recommend this bakery for any event!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! Clients like you make what I do so much more than a job!~
    Congratulations again! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day!

Diane · Married on 04/12/2014

Designed both groom's and wedding cakes to bride's request. Provided many samples for couple to try. Outstanding. Guests remarking how wonderful the cake was! Pleasure to work with. Thank you for making their day so special.

Sent on 04/13/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review!
    We strive to make sure our happy couples have the best experience ever!
    Congratulations again!

rima · Married on 03/29/2014

Definitely exceeded our expectations on the wedding cake!! Michelle and her team did a great job!! Friends and family still talk about how excellent the cake tasted!! Thanks Granny Schmidt's!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review.
    We strive to make all our happy couples have the best day ever!

samantha · Married on 12/28/2013

We used Granny Schmidts to make cupcakes for our wedding favors and ended up getting a cake from them for our rehearsal dinner. A rum soaked cannoli cake....which was incredible. If I didn't have to fit into my wedding dress the next day, I would have been tempted to eat the whole cake. ;)
    The cupcakes that we used as a favor were incredible as well. We chose a variety of flavors and all of our guests have let us know that the favors were adorable and delicious.
    Michelle is a true professional. She shows genuine concern for her customers and you can tell when you meet her that she will do a great job because she cares so much. Phenomenal treats!!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Dear Samantha,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! You were a true pleasure to work with. Thank you for making Granny Schmidt's part of your special day!
    Happy New Year
    Michelle

Marianne · Married on 11/23/2013

Granny Schmidt's has a reputation in the Lehigh Valley of being the best of the best; they exceeded that expectation. The cake that they made for my wedding was beautiful, simple and delicious. My guests were amazed that my icing was butter cream and not fondant (it was so smooth and flawless). The cake itself, vanilla with raspberry filling, was DELICIOUS. It was fresh and moist; made for a great late night after wedding snack. Michelle was easy to work with and provided suggestions when things became a little overwhelming. Everything was amazing!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/02/2013

YUUUUMMM!!!! We LOVE YOU Michelle!!!

My husband and I just got married 11/2/13 and used Granny Schmidt as our Wedding Cake Vendor, we could not have been happier!! Michelle has clearly worked very hard to build her company in to what it is today and has earned the respect of many in the industry. She knows what she is doing and makes beautiful amazingly delicious cakes!! She was very accommodating and was always available if we needed advice as it related to any part of our wedding. You can not go wrong with Granny Schmidt's!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

We had the best experience with Granny Schmidt's! Michelle and Melissa are amazing! It was love at first bite, as they have the best Swiss buttercream frosting. We went with the vanilla cake with Swiss buttercream, and the chocolate cake with kahlua and cream filling (usually we're boring white or chocolate cake people-- but we are so glad we went with the kahlua & cream, it was different, fun, & delicious!) Both were great, not your typical wedding cake at all, as they were moist & very flavorful. The cake was also beautifully & elegantly decorated! We got tons of compliments!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Kerstin · Married on 07/27/2013

Made my cake exactly as I wanted it! Cake was amazing so happy I chose this vendor :)

Sent on 10/02/2013

Hi there!
    Congratulations again! Thank you for making us part of the most important day of your life!
    I am so happy you loved your dream wedding cake!
    Let us know if we can help you in any way in the future!
    Regards,
    Michelle Quier
    Owner of Granny Schmidt's

Linda · Married on 06/15/2013

I really loved the cake made by Granny Schmidt's Bakery. It was very moist and delicious! I have gone to other weddings that they have used this same bakery, so I new immediately that I wanted to use them. I came with a picture of a cake that I wanted and the cake looked exactly the same. They delivered the cake on time and I had no issues at all with this bakery. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a cake for their special occasion.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for your review.
    It was our pleasure!
    Congratulations again!
    Michelle Quier
    Granny Schmidt's

Calvara · Married on 11/03/2012

OMG - our cake was excellent (almond amaretto)! When we went for our cake tasting at Granny's, we weren't really into picking the style of cake, so we picked anything (one cake that was in the lobby area). We were more into picking the flavor. Right around our deadline for being able to change our cake style, I found a cake on Pinterest. I emailed it to my husband, he took the pic to the Granny's Schmidt's and she had no problem accommodating our request! The cake turned out better than the pic.

Here is the one Granny's made:

And here is the Pinterest cake:

We thought the cake tasted great, but some people thought it was too sweet, but it's all about preference:). Thanks Granny Schmidt's for making our cake better than we imagined!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Great place to get your wedding cake! Not only was it beautiful, but it was delicious! We had so much left over!! Definitely worth the money!

Sent on 03/10/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2012

Granny Schmidt's was recommended to be by a number of vendors and our venue, so we knew about the good reputation going in. We went in for our tasting and met with Michelle, and we were sold after we tasted the cake and saw pictures. We chose two flavors for our cake - lemon poppyseed and chocolate with raspberry filling. Our guests are still raving about how delicious our cake was! I was most excited about how beautiful our cakes were! The main cake was just perfect - elegant and wonderful, decorated with real flowers. I also asked Michelle about a groom's cake for my husband who is a huge Patriots fan, and we got an amazing helmet replica that looked so real people couldn't believe it was a cake! I am so glad we chose Granny Schmidt's and I would definitely recommend them to other brides.

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • amber

amber · Married on 09/09/2012

our cake was amazing thanks so much

Sent on 10/12/2012

Taylor · Married on 09/16/2011

BEST. CAKE. EVER.

We first met Michelle at a wedding expo at Lehigh and knew as soon as we took the first bite of the cupcake that she was going to make our cake, no matter the price. I didn't taste any other cakes that even came close to a Granny Schmidt's cake. I also have had other friends who went to different bakeries for a tasting and were charged $5 per flavor they wanted to taste. Granny Schmidt's does not do this.

We originally went and tried 2 flavors, and chose which one we liked. A few months later we revisited it and decided we wanted to add another flavor. Michelle let us come back and taste 2 more flavors.

Everyone at the reception RAVED about the cake. Our two flavors were Red Velvet and Chocolate Raspberry Chambord. SO DELICIOUS. When the cake had been cut and passed out, I actually took a break from dancing and sat down to eat an entire piece. I wasn't going to miss out on it!

The cake was nice and moist, which was a must for me. I hate going to weddings and getting dried out cake. I highly recommend Granny Schmidt's - you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Cassandra · Married on 07/22/2011

I cannot say enough good things about them. You usually have to leave a message when you call them, but they get back to you very quickly. The minute we tried this cake we knew we had to book them. They have so many flavors to choose from and the cake looked AMAZING!! Not only did it look amazing but people at our wedding couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was. I loved the cake so much, I intend to ask my husband to get my birthday cake from them and I will probably get other birthday cakes from them as well because I will take any excuse to eat a piece. :-) I highly recommend them

Sent on 08/03/2011

Breeanna · Married on 06/03/2011

Best tasting and looking cake I ever had! Great Job on the cake!

Sent on 01/25/2012

Scott · Married on 11/27/2010

We would highly recommend Granny Schmidt's for your cake at your wedding reception!! Their cake is simply amazing. We had our 2 tier cake made for my wife and I, then we had 200 indiviual 2 X 2 cakes made for each guest! Everyone raved on how delicious their cakes were! Thank you once again for your help in making our reception so special!

Sent on 02/17/2011

Kimberly · Married on 11/06/2010

Granny Schmidt's is the place to go for your Wedding Cake. All the guests had nothing but wonderful things to say on how great the wedding cake looked and how wonderful it tasted. Granny Schmidt's is the best place ever for a wedding cake. Michelle the owner was very nice and helped us out every step of the way to make sure we had the perfect wedding cake we wanted.

Sent on 04/10/2011

Kathryn · Married on 07/23/2010

Our cake was not only beautiful but tasted great. Everyone loved the cake. Michelle did a wonderful job helping us with the design and flavor choices. Everything was so fresh!

Sent on 08/14/2010

Heather · Married on 09/20/2008

Oh my gosh! This company has a knack for cakes! This was the best cake I have ever had! It wasn't frozen. It was freshly made and I had people who were asking for seconds! It was great!

Sent on 10/25/2008

Alexandra · Married on 05/31/2015

Granny Schmidt's cakes and cupcakes are absolutely delicious. We loved going to the tasting (so professional!), and our design for the cake was perfectly constructed for our wedding day. Couldn't ask for anything better!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/23/2015

We LOVED our cake from Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop. Michelle was so great to work with and made sure our every need was met. Michelle even made a small cake for one of our bridesmaids since her birthday was the same day as our wedding. We received so many compliments on the day of our wedding about how amazing our cake tasted, it was so delicious! I would recommend Granny Schmidt's to everyone and I will be doing business with them again in the future for more celebrations.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Congratulations again! Thank you so much for the kid words!
    We are thrilled you enjoyed the cake so much! We wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Jenny · Married on 08/13/2011

My husband didn't really care about the cake. He didn't think people actually ate cake at weddings. I searched everywhere and did so many tastings. In the end we went with Michele at Granny's and it was wonderful. Everyone commented on how they loved our cake! AND yes, he did have a piece!

Sent on 09/12/2011
  • Q

quynh · Married on 07/31/2011

beautiful cake, we got compliments on it. The cake itself tastes a little bit different from the cup cake samples. It's a little bit sweet, so if whoever doesn't like sweet, should tone a level down to the sweetness.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Hi Quynh
    I am so happy you enjoyed the cake.
    I wanted to send you a quick reply to the sweetness of the cake.
    It was a bit sweeter than the cupcakes because your wedding cake was covered in fondant. That is sweeter than buttercream.
    Hope this clarifies things and again Congratulations!

Courtney · Married on 10/17/2010

Our cake was delicious and beautiful!!! The flavors available are exceptional. Even guests who don't like cake enjoyed our wedding cake.

Sent on 01/30/2011