Grandale Catering Reviews

105 | Purcellville, VA

105 Reviews for Grandale Catering

• User3311968 · 2+ years ago

3.5

We received ALOT of compliments on our food for our reception. The best food I've ever eaten at a wedding (very happy it was at mine)! Chef Author is a real pleasure to work with and made the process very painless. For a caterer, I was looking for one a bit smaller and more personal than some of the large ones in this area. Grandale was a perfect fit and also a bit cheaper than the other two quotes I received. I also believe he uses local ingredients...a real plus for me. Definitely check Grandale Farms out! They have a small, charming restaurant in Purcellville as well.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Susan · Married on 07/04/2010

AJ was very accomodating with us as we wanted a menu different than what he had on his wedding catering menu. The food was very good and our guests enjoyed themselves - the crab cakes are really great.

Sent on 07/08/2010
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

4.2
      3.0

Fall Flavors, Bourbon and an Exceptional Catering Company

Overall our experience with Grandale was absolutely wonderful. Our three very indulgent tastings throughout the planning process were an absolute delight. The tastings from start to finish were incredibly delicious and showcased the immense skill of the kitchen and Chef Author. Picking our menu was difficult but Chef Author's passion for food made our choices easier. They were very flexible about everything we were looking for and were willing to track down anything special we wanted. There was a bit of a hiccup with the Events Manager as far as mixing up meeting dates and sometimes very delayed communication but the rest of the experience we had more than made up for that. The day of the wedding everything went perfectly, the Events Manager ensured the reception area looked perfect and the staff pulled together everything flawlessly. Our meals at the wedding were delicious and just how we envisioned. Everyone loved everything especially the hors d'oeuvres and fall salad. I truly appreciated Grandale's last minute adjustment to our "His and Hers Cocktails" request, both of which were bourbon and involved but they fit the cozy fall theme we were going for and they were wonderful. Everyone from Grandale was extremely kind and professional with our guests. I especially loved our two bar tenders (they are husband and wife), our guests loved interacting with them they made the evening even more fun! Huge thank you to everyone Especially Misty and Chef Author for helping us create the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 01/02/2019

3.5

Author, the main chef, is great to work with in developing your menu. He is very responsive over email and adjusted our event details many times. Overall the food was good - I would recommend getting the steak we had a lot of compliments on it. The fish dish was not quite the same as when we did the tasting, but they did have to bring in everything from offsite so it's probably much harder to have the fish the right consistency in that situation. We had specifically noted in our event details to offer wine service during dinner, which didn't happen. I also had wanted a cake table set up, so that once the cake was cut, slices could be put out and guests would be welcome to choose their slices since we offered two cake flavors. That also didn't happen, people were served cake and got what they got. Also they put out a tip jar on the bar, which I think is tacky since we brought the tip in cash to be distributed by the event manager. I don't think my wedding guests should have to tip them when we are already taking care of it.

Sent on 11/02/2014
  • Chad

Chad G. · Married on 09/19/2020

1.4
      2.0
      2.0

High expectations poor service

If you are looking for high quality food service at your event we would not recommend. Our experience started off well with tastings from an amazing chef and staff. Due to COVID the chef and some of the staff were replaced. A few months before our wedding we realized things were not on track and juggled last minute tastings with new chefs, planned the day of service to a T with staff, coordinator. We were assured all hands were to be on deck the day off and the most seasoned of staff would be on point. Our day was perfect until the reception began, planned service was not carried out as planned, dinner hours behind and poor quality. Our coordinator stopped by in time to see the mishaps beginning and simply left the staff. We paid a very large amount of money to this company. When we expressed our concerns and disappointment afterwards the response was “ thank you for your feedback”. The owners even wrote an apology letter with a few bottles of wine. Lol, with rehearsal, day off service, and gratuity we were close to 20k. I never write bad reviews but do not want to see another couple have the same thing happen to them. Grandale may have once been top notch, but they no longer are.
    Chad & Erica