6 Reviews for Grand Rapids Downtown Market

Indoor (1)
Event Planning (1)
In-House Bar (1)
Lighting/Sound (1)
Preferred Vendors Only (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Tables (1)
6 Grand Rapids Downtown Market Reviews

My wedding is in August. So far the communication has been great. Carrie is very responsive and helpful. I am very excited to have my wedding at the beautiful Greenhouse!

Profile Picture Priscilla, 8/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Scenic Views

The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is beautiful. We had our cocktail hour in the greenhouse and it was stunning, no additional decor needed. Their banquet room is also fantastic. We did have challenges though. We were not able to get into the reception space until 3pm with our wedding starting at 6pm. If we wanted in earlier, it would have been $100 per hour. If you want somewhere to put your stuff, extra charge. Want to block off the upstairs area so visitors to the market can't wander into your wedding? Extra charge. Tables and chairs were provided but that is it. No linens, food, etc. I think that is fairly standard but the costs add up and you are paying for the beauty of the space, not much else. While our final contact for the wedding was awesome, we had three contacts before that meaning re-explaining myself over and over and lots of unanswered emails due to what I assume was staff turnover. I had thought my main contact would be at my wedding as she had alluded to this but she was not. Our beverage contact was available but was busy working the bar so there just weren't a lot of hands to run around and help with some of the last minute requests that came up which I was surprised by given what we ended up spending. I do want to give a major kudos to our beverage contact though for handling what seemed like the work of three people herself and also being open to discussing our final bill when it was quite a bit higher than we thought. Katie really did do quite a bit for us so thank you Katie! One last note, they are pretty firm about no outside vendors if one of their market vendors provides that item. We tried at length to get a popcorn bar which their in-house popcorn people were not able to accommodate and they were inflexible in allowing an outside person to provide what the in-house couldn't. I would still recommend if you want a unique, gorgeous site but there are a lot of obstacles and headaches that come with it.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Preferred Vendors Only, Indoor, Scenic Views, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, House Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables

Be careful of their contracts...we lost 900.00 . The wedding was called off ...they have 4 months to rent the spot to someone else I only asked for 450.00 back......JERKS! they are non -profit well B__-S__

Profile Picture Jack, 3/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married on May 8, 2015 and our reception was hosted at the market. From the beginning the event planners were extremely helpful, friendly and flexible with each detail of our requests. Our cocktail reception was completely beautiful and guests had an amazing evening drinking, eating and dancing the night away as they looked out over the city of Grand Rapids. It was a perfect evening and we could not have asked for a better location or staff to help host our wedding event. Thank you!

Profile Picture Alecia, 5/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sarah Tuppe was amazingly flexible and accessible. The venue was modern, affordable, accessible and simply beautiful. I am very pleased with my choice of this venue!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our reception at the Downtown Market!! It is a unique venue with a unique vibe. One thing we especially enjoyed was that most of everything you need for your wedding day is located right downstairs, from food to dessert to coffee! We ended up renting the atrium as well so that our 300 guests had plenty of room to mingle and enjoy themselves. It remains a favorite memory of our wedding day.
A special shout-out to Sarah Tupper, the Downtown Market's private events manager...she was an absolute joy to work with!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews