Grand Prospect Hall Reviews

Brooklyn, NY
View more information

• Abbey
    Abbey J. Married on 04/26/2019

Easy to work with, outrageously beautiful venue

Carmela helped us to plan our reception, and although we had a lot of little "oops" moments during our party (having nothing to do with GPH), she, Thomas, Tiffany, and the staff were always ready to help the night get back on track. And many people say it is truly the best wedding they ever went to. Great food, gorgeous venue. Who could ask for more?
    Janis Married on 10/29/2016
    The adorably cheesy local commercials were right... They made our dreams come true! We got married at Grand Prospect Hall in October and had such a perfect day. All of the staff, especially Carmela, were incredibly helpful and attentive. The setting was gorgeous, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. We were especially impressed by the wide selection of vegetarian options. There was a Halloween party going on upstairs, but if anything, that only added to the charm of our wedding day!
  • User1954983 2+ years ago
    Jamilia the representative is so wonderful and outstanding
    Berta Married on 03/27/2015
    When my husband and I went to the Grand Prospect Hall, we fell in love with the place. It has so much history and beauty. Our theme was a 1920's so this venue was perfect to what we were looking for. Carmela helped us from the beginning, what I really liked about Carmela was she was straight forward and very professional. She was very polite and sweet , and very helpful with all the details. Our wedding day was perfect, the team at the grand prospect were amazing they were so attentive to our needs. the food was so goods even our guest still rave about the food. They made sure we were ok with food and drinks, they checked on us til the very end. We never felt rushed out and they were kind enough to hold some of our stuff til the next day.
    highly recommend this place

Regine Married on 06/28/2014
    Omg. I loved my wedding at this venue it was the best.. Best service and the food was great..
  • User1230315 2+ years ago
    The professional staff brought our wedding day to a new height. We love them and we hope to see them on our tenth anniversary
    Rania Married on 04/28/2013
    Mrs. H was amazing. She was flexible, kind and professional. She did all that she could to make my family happy and make the wedding spectacular.
  • User1465935 2+ years ago
    I have only the fondest memories from having my wedding at The Grand Prospect Hall. Mr. and Mrs. H are very attentive, informative, helpful, considerate, reassuring, etc., etc., etc. The cocktail hour was abundant and beyond plentiful. The ceremony was exquisite. The main hall was grandiose and opulent. The food was exquisite and very, very tasty. The service was impeccable. I would highly recommend this venue!
    Angela Married on 09/03/2010
    We had a spectacular experience with the Grand Prospect, and our sales contact, Denise Sullivan. We had a movie-themed wedding, and we had a lot of details that we needed Denise's guidance on. Throughout, the level of customer service we received was outstanding. She was always prompt and professional in her responses. In addition, the grand ballroom is simply gorgeous, and the food selection was fantastic. We were able to create exactly the type of wedding which we aimed for: one that was an expression of our love for one another and for doing something outside the norm. Denise was instrumental in fueling our creative fire, and helped to make our wedding unforgettable for us and our guests. On the night of the wedding, Tom, also made our night flow smoothly which was no small feat considering we had a wedding party of 14. The staff also coordinated well with our DJ, photographer, and videographer.
  • I
    Iryna Married on 10/11/2008
    The hall is a magnificent venue. I am so glad that I had my wedding there. Great service, great food, great staff. Coordinators are very flexible and were willing to work with my budget. I had also ordered a cake from them and it was delicious.
    Tahanny Married on 11/19/2006
    We felt they handled everything well, had experienced people working our wedding and serving. We had a large crowd from out of town and they provided food and drinks on the table when guests arrived as well as valet and coat check. They also provided a Hallal menu and made sure there was no alcohol as per our request. I felt like all my concerns were addressed.

Grand Prospect Hall's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for choosing the Grand Prospect Hall. We look forward to a great anniversary party!
  • Z
    Zara Married on 10/26/2013
    They did a great job, the pictures and the movie came out great because of their hall. If you want your album to look like a fairytale, go with this place.
    Matt Married on 08/02/2013
    Great service and great attention to detail. Will look to make your dreams come true.
    Anna Married on 11/13/2011
    The Grand Prospect Hall is an awesome venue. Everyone that we worked with was friendly, especially Denise, who was unbelievably helpful, understanding and extremely professional. She was always willing to accommodate any of our requests and was always there to offer advice when needed. We believe that having The Grand Prospect Hall in as our venue is what kept us calm and happy not just during an entire wedding day but all 6 months of preparation!! We received a lot of compliments for both the venue and the food. They were even willing to add some special menu items that we requested (signature cocktail drink, etc) and not requested. Denise even made them run out to get the Red Bull for my husband from the grocery store in the middle of the evening.
    The cake baker has created a beautiful cake. We have asked for the special design, and he made it happen! We loved it!
    We can't think of anything that we would have wanted to or happen differently. They listened to what we wanted and actually made it happen!!!

Tralana Married on 04/24/2010
    Grand Prospect Hall was not my first choice for our wedding; I know many people who have gotten married here and I wanted something different. But I would have never thought this would be the first and only hall I would look at when planning my wedding. We booked the Grand Ballroom and it was absolutely beautiful for our 300+ guest wedding. We worked with the owner Alice on all of our planning and she did a great job of keeping our plans together. The staff of Grand Prospect Hall is wonderful; the Maitre D' Thomas is absolutely great. He is definitely a professional at his job; he takes control of things and makes sure everything goes according to plan. My Bridal Attendant was another wonderful employee, she did so much for both myself and my husband. She made sure we were taken care of. Yes, the prices are a tad high but you get a very beautiful venue that needs little to no extra decorations. We had a gorgeous wedding and many of that was due to the Grand Ballroom.
    Chaim Married on 08/08/2007
    They were great with everything. If you really want a beautiful wedding without a hassle, this place is great. The cake was beautiful and comes as part of the package. Food was outstanding and the cake was great too.
    Jennifer Married on 05/29/2009
    OMG.... They absolutely do exactly what they say in their cheesy old commercial.
    "make your dreams come true" they sure made mines. My wedding coordinator Eric went
    far and beyond to give me and make everything happen, the food was great and the maitre d
    Thomas ensure the night went smoothly. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
    Michael Married on 10/09/2011
    We had a really great wedding. Denise took care of everything from the start and we felt very much at home. After reading some of the reviews I noticed some comments of the negative nature. My review is going to be realistic. Anything with as many moving parts as a wedding much have a glitch here and there. It is the nature of the beast. But throughout the whole process Denise took care of everything and we were pleasantly surprised with both her and Tom someone making it all go off without a hitch. As f as pricing they cannot be beat. The hotels are all a ripp off also. The food at GPH was unreal and cannot be replicated. I am a very difficult person to say the least but I felt they really take their jobs serious and do everything possible to make your day go off without any major issues. And remember they are there 24/7 unlike some other places we checked out. Overall grade A.
  • Miraflore
    Miraflore J. Married on 07/10/2020

Bride to Be

This place was highly recommended to me to consider for my upcoming wedding. I prefer a more rustic venue. This one is more Victorian.
    Christina Married on 07/15/2017
    I had my wedding at The Grand Prospect Hall in July 2017 and would give them more towards 3.5 stars. Pros: The atrium was a gorgeous place for a ceremony and sat everyone comfortably. The Grand Ballroom is absolutely stunning and was the perfect setting for a wedding. I love all the history, elegance, and character the venue has. There were some great places to take photos (including right outside on the street). Our DJ did uplighting and it made the place look incredible! We had plenty of space to dance and it was nice and spacious for our 185 guests. The cocktail hour was awesome and the food was delicious. It's unreal how many foods are a part of it! The vodka luge was a big hit and even had our names written on it. They knew we liked penguins so they made us giant penguin ice sculptures and carved the fruit into penguins. A lovely touch that our guests adored. The cake was truly magnificent and out of this world- a work of art unlike any I've ever seen! People said the dinner was very good (except maybe the fish option) and alcohol was plentiful. They even made our signature drink for us and displayed the signs we created. Tom was helpful and catered to the bridal party by having a mini cocktail hour set up for us in the bridal suite. We also love Mrs. H! Cons: Our maitre d, Tom, made a huge error and never put out of our favors which was devastating after having created a whole display and spending hundreds of dollars on champagne bottles for our guests. We were so disappointed to hear that our guests must have left and thought we didn't purchase favors. Also going along with this issue was that they insisted on keeping our guest book with the place cards and then moving it to the favor table later in the night (I didn't like this because I wanted it accessible to guests all night long but they didn't like that idea)...so you know how that went, no favor table meant no guest book reemergence so barely anyone signed our guest book which is terrible. Another huge
  • User1673148 2+ years ago
    This place is amazing for the price . They are dedicated more to old school vintage but are very flexible to whatever you want. The security the day of the wedding was a little off. We did have other people from another event that day crash a few minutes but it was taken care of.
    Lara Married on 11/06/2010
    This venue was a dream come true on my wedding day. In the weeks before our wedding, Diana and Mrs. H worked with us on every detail of our Middle Eastern menu until my husband and I were satisfied. The maitre d's Michael and Thomas were so accomidating and were with us every step of the way on our special night. Because of the detailed work and effort that the staff put in, our wedding flowed without a hitch. The cocktail hour was spectacular, the dinner great and the wedding cake delicious. We took pictures on the hall grounds and the gorgeous architecture shows in every clip. It was a night to remember and we couldnt have asked for more.
  • Lina
    Lina Married on 10/24/2009
    Grand Prospect Hall is gorgeous!!!!! The first day I walked in... I knew that it is where I would have my wedding... I would not take no for an answer... I was too much in love with place!!!

Everything up until the wedding day was great... everyone was very helpful and and nice. On the day of the wedding though... things were kind of starting to get a little out of control... we had a few more people than we had mentioned at first and the owner was literally chasing my husband around the whole place trying to get him to pay!!! Then, we had alcohol on the table and when people finished the bottle on their table and asked for a another... they were told that we had only paid for one per table... which is completely REDICULOUS!!! and we would never do that!!! My husband got angry with the situation and asked to see the contract... when it looked at it... there was an add in which was NEVER on the contract we had at home!!! They tried to play us!!!

Then when my rabbi came late... the manager had the nerve to yell at him for it!!! I understand that it sort of messes things up... but you should never yell at a rabbi (or priest--who I'm sure she wouldn't yell at)... it's just disrespectful!!!

Because he was late... we didn't have as much time and it felt like a lot of things were rushed... we weren't even offered more time for all the money we put in.

Other than management... the service was great!!! The waiters and bus boys were amazing!!!! Especially the waitress in the bridal suit. Our matr'd was also amazing and was actually telling management to cool off and leave us alone!! :)
    Janet Married on 06/03/2007
    This hall is amazing and beautiful. Where else in the city can you find a place this great looking for such a good price? It really was like a fairy tale. This renovated opera house still has its great original carvings on the wall. The staff wasn't as helpful as I wish they would have been. But this is defiantly a place to check out.
  • I
    Irina Married on 06/04/2006
    Grand prospect hall is a beautiful, unique space. It's got authentic history, and breathes with Brookyn's opulent past. The coordinators were very flexible, and truly helped make a very stressful day, easy and special. They delivered everything that they promised, and I got tons of "wows" from my guests.