Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews

9 | Cancun, MX

9 Reviews for Grand Oasis Cancun

Katherine · Married on 05/06/2017

The Grand Oasis Tulum was the perfect choice for our wedding! We could not have asked for a more wonderful day. The coordinator, Leti, was phenomenal! She was very organized, friendly, and helpful. We are so thankful for the amazing job she did, and she was so much fun to talk with and spend time with while we were working out the details of our big day. The resort was beautiful, the food and drinks were delicious, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We can't wait to go back for a vacation!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Sahar · Married on 03/01/2017

We are persians living in Austria and had a persian/austria destination wedding at Grand Oasis Tulum and it exceeded out expectations by far. My firdt contact was Stephany Casillas and then my Wedding Coordinator Leticia Hernandez who I am still in touch with. We actually went there with very low expectations because we did not know the venue/the people/service. The staff and in particular our wedding staff was soooo helpful with every little detail even though they had to help and organize with us a persian tradition wedding ceremony that they had no knowledge of. Thinking back of our wedding we would not do a thing differently. Very grateful for every one of their staff who made our special day even more special.

Sent on 07/30/2017

jeffery · Married on 02/04/2017

Our experience at The Grand Oasis Tulum was exceptional. The staff was amazing, and the wedding coordinators were polite and responsive and made our week's stay there incredibly special. Because we were not a traditional wedding with a bride and groom, we were always a bit fearful of the unknown...of how we would be treated, I can say proudly that our groom/groom ceremony was polished and beautiful and the staff and even the hotel guests were warm and hospitable.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Carmen · Married on 11/28/2016

Our wedding was magical! A perfect day & perfect everything!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Shakira · Married on 06/25/2016

4.2

The location of Oasis Tulum was amazing!!! The wedding planners were amazing!! Group Reservation team was the only negative thing. They screwed up on many reservations and many guests were frustrated that the hotel kept blaming the reservation group instead of helping the guest out.

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • Kiki

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/15/2019

3.4
      3.0

It was still beautiful but...

I'll start by saying I did enjoy my wedding and Mariana at the Grand Oasis Cancun was easy to deal with but there were a few things I just cannot get over. First the day before my wedding I'm doing a tour of where everything is to be held when I'm shown a pool terrace as my ceremony spot when from day one it was scheduled on the beach I have several documents supporting this, I was shocked and it brought me to tears Mariana assured me she'd do whatever she could. Thankfully they were able to give me by beach ceremony although it wasn't the one I dreamed of it was still better than a pool terrace, I mean we didn't fly 50 people to Mexico to not get married on the beach. Next I was told that they would clear out certain areas and have security to keep people out of my ceremony area and reception area, this did not happen there were a ton of random people right by my ceremony on sunbeds which were supposed to be clear onlooking and taking photos and videos yelling things at us, I understand the beach is public but these people weren't on the beach they were on the hotel property right beside where our ceremony was happening which we were promised wouldn't happen. 3 random women in neon swimwear were also allowed in my reception one of my guests had to ask them to leave or security would come take them away. In the wedding package 2 rooms and our own room were supposed to be given free wifi and upgraded wristbands, I chose my parents and grooms parents they were not given either, which I wasn't aware of until the trip was almost over. My in laws did receive an upgraded wristband on day 3 but not because of the wedding it was because they were given the wrong room. They paid to upgrade to oceanview and didn't get one until day 3.
    My husband and I picked the most expensive package that the resort was offering, had 50 people staying on the resort most of which for a week, I just think when you bring all that business and pay all that money you should at least receive what you paid for.
    I will say the food, drinks and service at the wedding was amazing every time a drink was emptied the server had a new one in his hand to replace it.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Martin · Married on 06/03/2017

2.5

We paid extra for flowers and decorations and on the pictures the Hotel sent us it showed a beautiful crystal chandelier. I asked for the price and it was an extra $350 US dollars, my husband and I decided it would be worth it and the pictures would look great. While I was walking down the aisle and during the entire ceremony, I was so disappointed and distracted with the ugly, broken, missing parts and totally different, kitchen chandelier that was hanging on top of us.
    The worst part is that now I have professional pictures that will remind me of this the rest of my life.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 02/04/2017

2.2
      2.5
      3.0

We purchased the “O eternity” package for about $4,400 with about 36 guests. My husband and I have been to the Oasis resorts numerous times on vacation. We loved the location and beautiful scenery and I believe our expectations were reasonable due to our past experiences at the hotel. Things I liked: We were upgraded to the bridal suite. The flowers were beautiful and relatively inexpensive. We had a welcome dinner and rehearsal dinner go beautiful at the on site restaurants. Our special requests for a table for our wedding favors was honored.
    We were in contact with our wedding coordinator Israel Martinez. We agreed on a ceremony location, time and reception location about a year in advance.
    After a series of very slow responses and frustration for a lack of detailed information, my fiance and I traveled to Cancun about 4 months before the ceremony to meet with Mr. Martinez to do site visit. We confirmed our appointment with him the day before our journey, but on the day of the appointment, Mr. Martinez was inexplicably not available. We were handed off to another coordinator Alejandra but she had no knowledge of our reservation. We had specific questions regarding our booking but she could only answer generic questions and kept telling us to email Isreal. Really? Why did i travel thousands of miles to send an email later? I was very frustrated with the lack of answers and never received an apology much less an explanation why Mr. Martinez missed our meeting. Alejandra was able to show us the ceremony location and the Ibiza Restaurant as our reception location. When we arrived at the hotel for the wedding, we were finally able to meet with Mr. Martinez and Ms. Jiminez. They informed us that the reception location that we agreed to was not longer available due to a celebrity DJ playing directly next to the restaurant. The DJ was booked weeks in advance, we we were only told two days before that we HAD to change venues. This is after we already had itiner

Sent on 02/27/2017

Karin · Married on 10/06/2016

1.4
      1.0

The day of my app , Andrea my wedding planner, was not there, and nobody knew who I was. I wasted time waiting for someone to assist me. Well, Stephanie C. The supervisor ended up assisting me and a new wedding planner who had no idea what she was doing.The next day, I got to meet Andrea my wedding coordinator who was nice but seemed to have no wedding planning experience. My week in Cancun the weather was bad and there was no way I could have my ceremony at the beach or the reception at ibiza like I dreamed because Ibiza was flooded. the wedding planner suggested for me to have the ceremony in what of their rooms that it was nothing more than a conference room with no windows!!! I got shocked when I was told that was plan B. For the ceremony they suggested having it at a Mexican restaurant, decorated with sarapes, and sombreros...I mean I have nothing against that type of decoration but really? After, I traveled miles away, and paid for extra baggage just so I could carry my wedding decor. How I was supposed to put my table center pieces in such a restaurant? My dream was to have a beach wedding. My wedding day was nonstop raining, so I had to stick to plan B instead of what I planned for a year. Andrea, did not have any idea of what to do.Andrea, did not know have any unique plans other than doing the ceremony in an office.
    My mother in law had to talk to the hotel supervisor so I could have my wedding in a decent place. The wedding planners are not prepared nor professional. Andrea did helped to decorate, the reception as I suggested, however, she forgot to put my glass base for my sand ceremony. Even after I went to pick up my decor, my glass base was not packed in my bag. I confronted Andrea said she will mailed to me which she never did..
    Plus my guest rooms were flooded as well as restaurants

Sent on 09/20/2018