33 Reviews for Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Event Rentals (1)
Shuttle (1)
33 Grand Geneva Resort & Spa Reviews

We couldn't have been more happy with our experience at The Grand Geneva! I am active duty in the military and as such, I was planning my wedding while I was deployed in Afghanistan. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to convey what I wanted from afar and that my "vision" wouldn't come to life the way I wanted it to but that was not the case at all! Kate was the most phenomenal wedding coordinator and made everything turn out exactly as I had envisioned! We only met once during the planning process due to my living across the county, but she was quick to respond to my every email when I had a new idea or wanted to change my catering/cake/decor plan (for the millionth time). She went above and beyond on the day of, adding little details to our setup and ensuring that I didn't have to worry about anything. In addition to the wonderful pre-wedding experience, the day of waitstaff and bartenders were also AMAZING. They were so attentive to our guests and made me feel like a celebrity with their kindness. Everyone said our food was phenomenal and their overall experience was fantastic. Thank you, Grand Geneva, for making our wedding a dream come true!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were married at the ski chalet in August and we are still hearing from our guests how our wedding was the best they have ever been to. And I owe it all to Grand Geneva AND KATE! We were treated like royalty from the very start. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. The food is incredible. and their customer service is outstanding. My friends and family loved staying at the resort the weekend of the wedding. And then theres Kate. My. gawd. Kate was a rockstar. I have 0 idea what I would have done without her! She was patient, SO HELPFUL, sweet and hilarious. Whenever I needed ANYTHING, she was there helping out. She even knew I needed things before I even knew I needed them myself! She went way above and beyond her duties.. and I will forever be grateful to her. She made our day perfection!

Profile Picture crystal , 8/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was this past April and we are so glad we had it at the Grand Geneva! Kate Hartz was our event coordinator and she was amazing! We really lucked out with her. She helped recommend a good DJ, florist and photographer, who we all ended up loving. She was super creative throughout the whole process and gave us great ideas. And she really went out of her way to help us--she even picked up some vases from another nearby resort that my sister had used at her wedding--I was very impressed! Also she is so detail-oriented that we knew everything would be ready for the big day. And it ended up being the most perfect wedding. She made it entirely stress-free for my husband and I. She worked flawlessly with our DJ and photographer to make sure everything was going as planned. My parents who also worked and talked with her were also very impressed with her. The Grand Geneva as a whole was also fantastic, everyone who works there is so pleasant and are always smiling. Thank you Grand Geneva and Kate Hartz!!

Profile Picture Amber, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wonerderful resort. Families stayed at the water park hotel section in family suites with kitchens. Adult couples stayed in main hotel. The spa was amazing! Every thing in one location for every one. Top notch and high class!

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had the pleasure of planning a wedding for a client in December 2014. We hosted the rehearsal dinner as well as the reception. As a planner of more than four decades, it was truly a pleasure to work with such consummate professionals. The first impression of guests checking in at the front desk to the setup crew who was so accommodating along with the tremendous culinary and banquet team, our bridal couple, their families and guests all had a tremendous weekend. My very special thanks to Cory Congemi who was assigned as our event manager....such a wonderful person to work with and he made it all easy as there were many moving parts. Thanks to the entire team for an exceptionally produced collaborative event.

Profile Picture Gloria, 12/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We love the Grand Geneva! We got engaged at the Grand so naturally it was a no brainer to get married there. The Grand Geneva hosted both our ceremony and our wedding reception. I have to say it was the best day of our lives. The weather didn't quite cooperate but everything was swiftly and efficiently moved to the alternate ceremony location. We did not have one single hiccup during the day. Kate Hartz was our Event Manger and she is absolutely fabulous. Her personality is great, she's fun and extremely easy to work with. We had our reception in the Maple Lawn Ballroom and it was stunning. The food was not your typical banquet hall food, it was exemplary, we received so many compliments about our food. The Resort itself is stunning, every single one of our guests stayed the night at the Resort, and I didnt hear one complaint. I can't say enough positive words for the Grand Geneva Resort. You get what you pay for and the Grand is worth every penny.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Grand Geneva was an absolutely wonderful venue. The staff was accomodating and the venue itself was absolutely gorgeous. The food was amazing and the cake was gorgeous. The timing of everything the day of the wedding worked out perfectly.

Profile Picture User4304754, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Kate and the Grand Geneva helped me give my daughter the wedding of her dreams. From the planning process to the day of the event, Kate was available to us 24/7. Her attention to detail and creative flair created the elegance we were looking for. The venue was absolutely beautiful, the food was wonderful and presented with elegance and the service was impeccable! It was a day we will all remember forever!

Profile Picture Debbie, 1/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my ceremony and reception at the grand geneva.
Scott, who was our main wedding planner at grand geneva was so attentive and helpful. He was able to achieve the vision that I set. I had nothing to worry about because everything was taken care of for me.
At first I was nervous about the food because I am super picky, but they ate super flexible and can adjust their menus to accommodate any diet or picky eater. The desert was the hit of the evening. We had. Beautiful presentation on our desert and everyone loved it.
The staff was wonderful and they were very professional.

Profile Picture Lara, 8/17/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at the Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva Wisconsin! They made our wedding absolutely perfect! My family and I have a lot of history at the Grand Geneva - my parents spent their high school proms at the resort when it was the playboy club, my husband's parents spent their vacations at the Grand and my husband and I always celebrated the holidays at the Grand Geneva admiring the most BEAUTIFUL holiday decorations. On December 20th, 2011, my husband proposed while we were vacationing at the Grand! We could not think of a better place to get married than where our parents fell in love and where we fell in love and got engaged! Everything was seriously PERFECT at our wedding: the wedding planning, the food, the service, the guestrooms, the wedding space and our wedding planner!!! Most of our guests spent at least two nights at the property because they loved it so much! I can't wait to celebrate our 1 year anniversary at the Grand Geneva next year and many many more memories with my family!!!!

Profile Picture Beth, 5/25/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the ski chalet at the grand geneva! Perfect venue for our style. The venue was pretty bare and we brought in a huge trailer of decor. Marlene Munich was our wedding coordinator and made everything happen. Everything was perfect and we couldn't have asked for more for our wedding.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The BEST of the BEST. We have our evening cocktail event here and Jamiaca was AMAZING she was so great. Our wedding guests all stayed here and they all mentioned what great service they got as well. If I had to do it all over again I would have the whole thing here! Their customer services is an A+

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about working with Cecil at the Grand Geneva. He anticipated our every need and was always there with a smile and a calm demeanor which made everything right. The Grand Geneva is elegant but friendly, the food is superb, and all the extras (the horse drawn carriage, the trolley ride, the spa services) made my daughter's wedding something we will always cherish as the happiest of days imaginable.

Profile Picture Joanne, 6/19/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Grand Geneva. Our wedding was everything we imagined and more! The grounds at the Grand are beautiful. Perfect for any special event or wedding. They keep the entire resort clean to perfection. The staff ... always friendly and helpful. The food ... amazing!! Service ... top notch. The event was perfect! Perfect because we had the most amazing wedding planner .... Marlene Minnich. I can not say enough good things about her. From the moment we met her we knew that we had nothing to worry about. She executed every vision we had with detail and ease. Marlene is truly the best in the business. She is amazing!! We had many comments that it was one of the best wedding venues our family and friends had ever attended.

Thank you to Marlene and the Grand Geneva Staff for making our special day so wonderful!!

Profile Picture User872758, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews

Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

I can not think of anything that went wrong at my wedding thanks to the impeccable service we received at Grand Geneva. The event coordinators (we worked with Marlene) were excellent in the way they guided us through the many decisions that had to be made. No detail was overlooked. One guest mentioned to a waiter during cocktail hour that she had a shellfish allergy, when our crab salad was served as our first course in the reception hers had been swapped out for a choice she could eat! That is attention to detail! She never had to ask, her needs and ours were anticipated at every turn. We had both our ceremony and reception on site, every aspect of the facility met 100% of my expectations.
We had a block of rooms reserved within the Resort and the experience was very positive. Not a single negative comment was made regarding the hotel experience by our 100+ guests!
I booked several spa services for myself and my bridal party and family at the on-site Well Spa. We were very please with each service, the professionalism of the staff, and the incredible facilities.
The food throughout the week was incredibly delicious. The meal served at our evening wedding reception was incredible, as were the appetizers and amazing cake!! We also tried several of the restaurants, all of which had good service and excellent meal choices.

I would highly recommend the Grand Geneva for any event you might have in mind! Their service and willingness to help you will be worth every penny you spend. I was able to completely relax and enjoy every single second of my day thanks to their efficiency!!

Profile Picture Bethany, 5/27/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We reserved a block of suites in the Vacation Club for ourselves and our guests. The rooms were huge and well-appointed, each one including a separate bedroom, full kitchen, washer and dryer, fireplace, etc. Half had whirlpools so ask if your room will include it when you book. If you do get one, they have a tendency to trip the breakers, which the staff will fix pronto or you can just open the circuit breaker box by the door. They gave us passes to the water park for the trouble so we didn't mind! The location was very quiet and secluded while still being close to Lake Geneva, plus everyone enjoyed the beautiful views of the golf course. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting the resort!

Profile Picture Joy, 5/22/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We booked the Grand Geneva trolley to use as transportation on our wedding day. We were extremely pleased with our driver, he couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. The trolley was clean and reasonably priced. It was a great way to transport our large wedding party plus their dates.

Profile Picture Haley, 11/7/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Transportation

The Grand Geneva resort has always been a fave place of mine! It's beautiful, professional, private, and exquisite.

It's been almost 5 years and I still remember Brandi, who helped us so much! She was amazing. She had wonderful ideas, was able to work with our travel schedule (we lived in AZ and CA, while planning the wedding), the food tasting was exceptional, getting in contact with her was always easy and she was always able to answer my questions in a timely manner.

Our day went off perfectly and she followed through all the way til the end.

If we could do it all over again, we definitely would do it there! The weather and view were great, there was plenty of room to dance, eat, mingle, ect. It was so perfect!!!! We even forgot our cake the morning after and they went to the room and got it for us and put it in the fridge until we got back later that day to pick it up! They were there every step of the way for us!!!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/20/03, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We booked the Mountaintop Chalet for my daughter's wedding reception. It is a lowly ski lodge in the winter ,but with some creativity and a good florist it transforms to an incredible spring/summer reception venue. Our guests loved it and Kate from the Grand Geneva was incredible. It was a night we will never forget!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I only have one negative thing to say about this vendor: if you aren't a guest at the resort, they won't book an appointment more then a week ahead of time without purchasing a giftcard online and waiting for it to come in the mail.

Other than that, it was wonderful! Both my hair and makeup turned out beautiful and I was pampered the whole time. It's worth the extra money for sure!

Profile Picture Leslie, 6/16/07, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
4.7

We had a beautiful reception at the Geneva Chophouse. Stephanie, the restaurant sales manager, was wonderful to work with from the beginning. She helped our wedding turn out beautifully! Our guests thought the food and room were beautiful! The waitstaff during the dinner were wonderful and very accomodating! We recommend Grand Geneva to everyone!

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/24/15, 7 Reviews
4.7

The staff was awesome at Grand Geneva. Easy to work with and in the end was very accommodating. Our reception and ceremony space were very nice too!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/25/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was amazing for our wedding! Heather Dahlman really sold us on picking our spots for the green view for the ceremony overlooking the 18th hole and the chalet for our reception, it was perfect for our guest count under 150 people. She was very attentive to listening and making sure our questions were answered. Andrea Raykovich was our wedding coordinator and was truly so patient with me to ensure that our needs were met and the ability to personalize anything we wanted. She is so much fun, easy to communicate with and was always there throughout the whole process making sure we were having a good time! I appreciate her good re-pore she had with all our vendors (Lilypots/Sound by Design) it made the process so much smoother as everyone knew their parts. I cannot thank you both so much for making our day so memorable.
I also strongly recommend having your bridal party get their nails, hair and make-up done at the Grand Geneva Spa. It was so great that it was onsite, Becca, my hairstylist was incredible (from the trials to day of), my hair/makeup stayed the entire night! It was great to be able to have everyone there the day of and less stressful. Would do our wedding all over again :) ! Strongly recommend this venue !! They can make it happen !!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor, Shuttle

We had our wedding reception at the Grand Geneva in October. Throughout the entire process they were easy to work with. We really like Heather our sales person - she was excellent and responded to everything in a timely manner. There were some differences in what Heather said vs. what our day of event coordinator stated which was disappointing. Our day of event coordinator quit two weeks before the wedding but the new day of event coordinator was friendly and took over with little issue. I was surprised though that the event manager was not willing to take over when our event coordinator quit. They had told us that they would bring our gift to our room but the night of the reception they told us that they couldn't touch our gifts for legal reasons and put us in a bit of a bind as it was not easy to get our gift to our room as there was no elevated to our floor.They also provided the food and cupcakes for the reception. The appetizers were outstanding. The reception food was good - typical wedding fare. As far as venues go, they are on the more expensive side for sure. And they were not very flexible about the open bar unlike other venues we looked it as we had several older guests who drank maybe one glass of wine but had to be included in the open bar price per person. Overall, we had a good experience here and I would recommend it to our couples getting married.

Profile Picture Kendra, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound