Grand Expectations Events Reviews

30 | Eaton, OH

30 Reviews for Grand Expectations Events

Katie · Married on 05/27/2017

Kendra was such a great help with wedding planning. I lost count of how many times I said thank goodness for Kendra that last month before the wedding! We had done most of the planning ourselves out of state for a Dayton wedding, but felt overwhelmed and wanted someone who could be a go-to person for last minute issues. She checked in with all our vendors/coordinated them and even found a couple contract issues we'd overlooked (like we did not realize we were responsible for providing draping for the gazebo and she put us in touch with our 4th new ceremony coordinator who had yet to contact us). She created a very detailed day of schedule for us, which was awesome. She went above and beyond and even attended a several hour final details meeting with the reception venue on a Sunday and listened in on the hour long phone call with our band. You have a lot of decisions to make in wedding planning and having another person to give input was incredibly valuable. She had 2 assistants help with the busing transportation the day of at no additional charge and took care of some last minute rentals we needed. We really can't thank her enough, she is amazing! Our wedding day was perfect and having peace of mind that if something goes wrong, she'll address it is worth way more than you will spend. You'll be very grateful to hire Kendra!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Grand Expectations Events's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Katie, it was a pleasure and an honor to be included in your wedding plans.

heather · Married on 08/20/2016

Kendra was very helpful the week of the weeding. She called all the vendors and checked to make sure of times and deliveries and she worked through last minute changes with all of them. On the day of I provided her a detailed list and pictures of exactly how I wanted everything setup. She was extremely flexible because our ceremony was outdoors, 30 minutes before the wedding she was moving chairs in and out of our tent location so we could get married outside just as the rain stopped. She did an outstanding job!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Grand Expectations Events's reply:

Thanks Heather! When all was said and done Mother Nature provided a beautiful ending to your special day with that gorgeous rainbow picture.

Susan · Married on 05/17/2015

Kendra is amazing!! Her professionalism and expertise made everything so easy and nob stressfull! Thank you Kendra!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Grand Expectations Events's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure being part of your event.

Susan · Married on 07/06/2013

We hired Andrea for my daughter's wedding in July as a "day of/week of" wedding planner. She was great! Just what we needed to make sure neither my daughter or I worried about anything the evening of the rehearsal dinner and the entire day of the wedding. She worked with all the vendors so that everything was just as we wanted with no worries. I would really recommend her to use the way we did or for all your planning. She was organized, efficient and calming!! The day was perfect!

Thanks Andrea!!

Susan

Karen · Married on 06/15/2013

I used Grand Expectations for my June 15th wedding. I could not have made a better choice! Andrea was fantastic. She took care of what needed to be taken care of and made it so everyone else could relax. She is very professional and really cares about your event. I highly recommend Grand Expectations for all you brides to be! Even if you think you don't need a coordinator, trust me you do, and this girl is it!

• I

Isabelle · Married on 05/11/2013

I worked with Andrea Muhlhausen, who was hands-down amazing. From our very first conversation, not only did I feel like she really got our unique, perhaps off-the-beaten-path, wedding concept, but she supported and encouraged us throughout our planning process and never failed to go the extra mile to connect us with a fantastic vendor or share some words of comfort or advice. She made the process so much easier...and so much more fun! Don't get me started on the big day, where she managed to not only to get random things together without our even knowing it, but was also able to anticipate our needs and questions at every turn. We felt so taken care of! Seriously, she's kind of magical. She has a fantastic energy, really gets to know you, and gets things done. We are so appreciative that we got to work together and would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Shannon · Married on 09/02/2012

The best decision I've made for our wedding was hiring Grand Expectations Events! I could not imagine having to plan our wedding without the help of Lauren at GEE. I currently live in California and planned our wedding in Ohio. I was nervous about having a destination wedding but Lauren made it so easy. She kept everything organized and on schedule throughout the planning process. The vendor recommendations she gave were amazing and we couldn't be happier with all the great people we got to work with.

The wedding day went smooth and stress free. I didn't have to worry about a thing because I knew Lauren had everything under control. Her professionalism and knowledge is beyond compare. I would absolutely recommend Grand Expectations Events to anyone planning a wedding. It is beyond worth it!

christy · Married on 08/18/2012

Having Andrea's help and advice, was the best money I spent! She will do planning the whole wedding, to down to what you exactly need.I needed help for rehearsal and day of wedding and reception. She thought of every detaiil, and went above and beyond! It made our whole wedding a true, smooth sailing event! Thanks again , Andrea, could not have done it without you!!!

Nicole · Married on 07/07/2012

Lauren and her team did a fabulous job. It was way beyond my expectations and I am so glad I worked with her. She was always prompt about answering emails and always took the time to "stay in touch" with me even through the dull times of planning. She was there for any of my questions I answered and able to refer me to a great seamstress who fixed my dress the week of my wedding!

On the day of my wedding she brought my bridal party lunch- one less thing we had to worry about and was there to help with anything I needed. She had a team of girls with her at the cermony and it was flawless. If something went wrong, I had no clue. They also changed over shashes for me from the cermony to the reception since our wedding was held at the hilton netherland plaza and use the same room as cermeony and reception.

I have no idea what I would have done without Lauren and I cannot say enough good things about her service! She made me feel like I was the only wedding she had on her plate when I know that was true especially by the experience and perfect job she did.

Gwenn · Married on 06/09/2012

Lauren was fantastic throughout the planning stages. She was flexible with where and how often we would meet and communicate. She had plenty of great suggestions and ideas, but was never remotely pushy. On the wedding weekend, Lauren and her staff really showed how dedicated and detail oriented they are. They dealt with lots of folks on my behalf, all of whom had great things to say, and everything ran smoothly and beautifully. Often, she was thinking of potential issues and items to be addressed before it would even occur to me. My mind could be at ease all weekend, knowing that all of the details would be taken care of. Thanks, Grand Expectations Events!

Emily · Married on 05/26/2012

Lauren and the team at Grand Expectations Events were so great! My husband and I were getting married in a facility that was very DIY. Lauren and team did a spectacular job at understanding my vision for the event and went above and beyond to make it even more than I was imagining. The team worked long hours on Friday and Saturday to set up, tear down and ensure everything was in its place.
    Our wedding day was HOT! But Lauren and team made sure that everyone at the wedding was taken care of...even getting drinks for our family members. Little touches like that, on the day of the wedding, mean a lot.
    I was a very hands-on bride. So Lauren and her team helped to figure out the missing pieces in my planning process and gave me great tips and advice along the way.
    I felt like the services Grand Expectations provided were invaluable to our wedding day. Thanks again to Lauren and the team!! :)

E.H.

Kristin · Married on 05/05/2012

I had an absolute wonderful experience with Grand Expectations! Very courteous, prompt, easy to contact, and had wonderful ideas for my wedding day. They make a point to get to know you and your interests and guide you in a direction for your wedding that you will absolutely love! My whole planning process in general went very smoothly due to the advice and wedding planning that I received from Grand Expectations. Employees are very professional and came up with some very unique and great ideas for me. They helped out the entire day of the wedding at the ceremony and setting up things prior to the reception, as well as afterwards. Overall, I had nothing but a positive experience with Grand Expectations and would not hesitate to recommend to a friend!

Maureen · Married on 03/24/2012

Lauren was awesome. She was there the whole engagement, the rehearsal and the wedding day. She was the one I looked for to keep me on task and for everything to run smoothly. I would highly recommend Lauren. She was easy to talk to and she always got back to me really fast if I had a question. She also put me out when I caught my wedding dress on fire at the reception. Funny story about tea candles and tulle. If it wasn't for her, I could have been seriously injured. We love Lauren! She is great.

Dianna · Married on 10/08/2011

I can not say enough good things to express how wonderful their services were. A lot of people do not realize, on the day of the wedding, so many last minute details to handle. We thought we were very prepared, but Lauren and Andrea took care of details, we didn't even think about. When my second daughter gets married, Grand Expectations Events, will be our first call. Thank you, Girls. You made a very special day in our lives, EXTRA SPECIAL.

Carly · Married on 10/08/2011

Lauren and Andrea went above and beyond what was expected of them at my sisters wedding. They were hired to do do the bare minimum of what we "thought" we needed them to do. However, Lauren and Andrea did way more than we expected. At any given moment things were taken care of! They are truly wonderful ladies, professional women and I look forward to having them plan my wedding!

Sommer · Married on 10/08/2011

Lauren and Andrea at Grand Expectation Events are amazing! They truly made my wedding day the happiest day of my life. Whether it was making sure we had the ceremony essentials, finding the missing ring bearer, or helping me stay hydrated throughout the day... they had it covered. I woke up on my wedding day stress free and stayed that way the entire day because I knew whatever it was they would take care of it. Their services were at extremely reasonable price, but at the end of the day the peace of mind they gave me and my family was priceless.

Angie · Married on 08/06/2011

As I was planning my daughters wedding, I was directed to Lauren. She quickly became the wedding "Angel"! She was absolutely amazing! I had planned my older daughter's wedding without a consultant, and planned on doing that again. I am so thankful that I didn't have to. I was actually able to enjoy the wedding and reception this time, instead of worrying about all of the details that I may have forgotten. What amazed me the most was her willingness to do WHATEVER I needed. She asked "What can I do to help you?" and no matter what it was, she was on it. I would absolutely recommend her for any planning that you may need, you will not be disappointed.

Alicia · Married on 07/30/2011

Lauren and her team were amazing. I hired her to assist with day of coordination but she helped with so much more! From planning the day of time line, rentals, coordinating vendors, creative ideas, making sure everything ran on time, helping with guests and so much more. I was on the fence about hiring a day of coordinator but I would've never been able to get through the day without her talented efforts. Ladies, Lauren is your girl! She is a true expert and will ensure your special day is the worry free day of your dreams.

• F

Faryal · Married on 05/28/2011

Lauren and her staff were very helpful. Lauren went above and beyond my expectations. I knew my family and in-laws were difficult to deal with, but she handled it wonderfully. This was her first South Asian wedding and it was amazing!! Thanks for everything :) I couldn't have survived it without you guys!

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2010

Lauren Walker of Grand Expectations Events was absolutely wonderful. I have already personally recommended her services to my single friends soon to be married!! I never had to worry about a thing. She kept in touch with me often, and took care of many loose ends when I was too busy. I work full time and have a nearly 2 year old, so you can imagine how busy life was without planning a wedding. I never worried about Lauren's decisions if I wasn't around. She is very organized and helped me to STICK TO MY BUDGET!!! LOL She had great ideas for DYI too which was important for me. She updated me with timelines frequently and came to most vendor meetings if she could. Her vendor suggestions and contacts were top notch. She was there on rehearsal day and "the big day"!! This was perfect because she changed her schedule around to do so, although she had another wedding, and I felt soooo special. She truly was my planner and she became a great friend!!

Nikki · Married on 06/19/2010

Lauren w/ Grand Expections Events was amazing. Lauren met with us and our vendors prior to the wedding to make sure all vendors knew exactly what our expectations were and was able to coordinate all details with about our wedding/reception site. Grand Expectations made an amazing timeline of events for the entire wedding day and even brought us breakfast and lunch, which was fabulous. The women from Grand Expectations will truly meet all of your wedding expectations and can really relate to any bride to know exactly how she invisions her day to be. Our ceremony and reception could not have ran any smoother than it did, because of the great timeline that was put together. Also, Grand Expectations was able to set up all accessories for the reception and took time to make sure every table and center piece looked perfect. They are great at what they do and will listen to what you want and make sure your day is a dream come true.

Kristine · event on: 02/10/2013

I was so impressed with Grand Expectations Events and how they handled every little thing down to the finest detail. I wasn't stressed at all since eveything was taken care of. My guests all had fun as well as myself. Very organized and beautiful!!. I absolutely recommend this company to anyone who has an event that needs to be well taken care of!

Grant · event on: 05/19/2015

I was pleased at all the time effort and energy that they put in for my daughters graduation party. It was truly a success because of Grand Expectations....

Sent on 05/22/2015

Grand Expectations Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, I truly appreciate it. Your daughter is adorable and planning her party was so much fun.

great service provided. cared about our event and was on point with everything

Jessie · Married on 09/01/2012

Andrea of Grand Expectations Events was my day-of wedding coordinator. I needed someone to be at the park the day of my wedding, to make sure that all the vendors arrived, that the chairs were set up/removed on time, that the wedding party was arriving on time, etc. Andrea exceeded my expectations and I really enjoyed working with her.
    Flexibility: Grand Expectations Events offers a lot of beautiful wedding coordinating packages, but unfortunately all of them were out of my price range. I got in touch with Andrea, let her know what I needed and what I could afford, and she totally made it happen. Andrea also offered helpful suggestions during the process, but all the while maintained my original ideas and made sure that nothing interfered with my vision. She also arranged our package so that she could be present at the rehearsal as well as the day of and still work with me at such a great value.
    Value: I came up with the price myself and she designed a package to go with it. Really can't beat that!
    Professionalism: Andrea was very professional, but also down to earth and easy to work with.
    Responsiveness: Andrea always quickly returned phone calls, texted me to let me know when she had arrived at our meeting locations, replied to emails within hours, and overall, made my life much easier. :)
    Quality of Service: Overall, my husband and I think that Andrea did a great job. If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely choose to work with Andrea again. There were just a couple of things that I wish we would have communicated about a bit better. i.e. I wish that Andrea would have stayed just a bit later after the ceremony to make sure the chairs were picked up, but I probably ran out of time with her. Also, some members of our wedding party weren't able to be at the rehearsal and my husband said they were kind of lost at the ceremony. But, I'm sure Andrea had her hands full with other things at the time, because she did a great job overall! TY!