31 Reviews for A Grand Affair Events LLC

Full Planning (1)
To-Do Lists (1)
Referrals (1)
Cultural (1)

I worked with Julie at A Grand Affair Events and could not be happier. Julie was our day-of coordinator but truly helped us on so much more. She chatted with me several times before the event and was an enormous help the two months leading up to the event. She also kept in touch after the wedding to help us wrap up some loose ends with vendors. She was professional, kind, and very calm - something I really appreciated in a coordinator! Julie also did our flowers (both for the bridal party and for the reception) and they were beautiful and an amazing price. She provided great advice and took care of the stressful details leading up to the big day. I cannot recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Working with Beverly and a Grand Affair Events was fantastic. We really appreciated Beverly's calm yet organized approach to wedding planning. We used her partial planning service and it was perfect. She walked us through our big decisions, helped us navigate the Charlottesville wedding market, and took care of every little detail leading up to and during the wedding. Her decor collection is fantastic, and she has an eye for designing the perfect ceremony/reception. Our wedding was beautiful and extremely stress free because of Beverly and a Grand Affair Events.

Profile Picture User6132233, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Beverly was great to work with from start to finish. We ended up doing most of the planning ourselves and just hiring her for day-of coordination, but she was available for us to bounce questions and ideas off us whenever we needed her. She met with us several times in the weeks before the wedding, took delivery of all the decorations we had made/ordered and set them up on the day of, and coordinated all of our vendors. In addition, she got all of our flowers for us, saving us the cost of a florist (which is HUGE) and also let us use any of the decorations she has in her warehouse that we wanted free of charge (also huge!).

Profile Picture User6212832, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I hired Beverly as my "Day-of" wedding planner, and she was absolutely amazing! She truly went above and beyond to make my wedding day special. She was very responsive, helped me coordinate all of my vendors and completed all of the necessary paperwork for me, helped me pick out all of my decorations (I'm not naturally very creative or good at decorating), and set up everything that I chose. She was by far the best investment that I made on my wedding day. I don't think the day would have turned out even close to as well as it did without her. I would definitely recommend her services for your wedding!!

Profile Picture User6179674, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Reception

I am so thankful that we hired a planner and even happier that we decided to work with Beverly! The first thing I loved about her was her flexibility. We were looking for a little more than day-of coordination, but not the full partial planning service, and she was happy to work with us to create a package that was just right. Simply put, Beverly thinks of everything, and I'm not sure there's anyone who knows the Charlottesville wedding industry better than she does. In the stressful final weeks before our wedding (while I was also dealing with a move and a job transition), Beverly took so many things off of our plate. She took the lead on our wedding signage, picking up dessert items, helping us get our bar stock to the venue, styling our dessert bar and favors, and so many other things that made our planning easier. She's also amazing to work with - thoughtful, responsive, patient, and incredibly thorough. And because she knows everyone in Charlottesville, coordination among your vendors is a breeze. I would 1000% recommend Beverly and A Grand Affair.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/5/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Beverly Wakefield of A Grand Affair was one of the best decisions we ever could have made! Besides being a wonderful person to work with, Beverly is professional, organized, detail-oriented, and has an amazing vision. She offered so much experience, advice, and comfort as we were planning our wedding. She provided us with so much guidance and made our day go perfectly. She thought of EVERYTHING and added so much to our wedding. The decor options she gave us were wonderful and made our dreams come to life. Beverly also did our flowers- she made the bouquets for the wedding party and our table arrangements. I was blown away by how beautiful they were and, again, she took the vision in my head and made it come to life. She is simply incredible and I am so grateful she was a part of our wedding! We absolutely loved working with her and can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly Wakefield was absolutely amazing. She is responsive, well organized, has a flexible schedule, and is unbelievably artistic!! On the day of she got to the venue before I did, and added all of the decorations I chose to use from her collection. Last minute I decided to use a rustic metal star for the guest book, and that day she showed up with a hand written poem about stars to set up on the table. All of her decorations are absolutely gorgeous! The day of she kept my husband and I on schedule, but made sure we felt relaxed and were enjoying ourselves. She is also one of the most calm and collected people I have ever met! She contacted all vendors, organized our schedule, and did a great job coordinating with the venue. I would HIGHLY recommend using her for your wedding.

Profile Picture User4116551, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I was when I first met and continue to be amazing by Beverly Wakefield with A Grand Affair. She has the rare gift of calming every nerve in the most pressure held situations with a grace that fills you with joy and cheer instead of dread. She went above and beyond with everything she did, and everything was absolutely perfect without a glitch. None of my family, friends or either groom or bridal party needed to worry about any tiny thing. It was also the little details of the day, the refreshments in the bridal room (that we never asked for!), beautiful hankercheifs for tears shed ready to go - every little thing just made the day all the more beautiful and exciting. No stone was un-turned, no knife or fork was out of place for dinner, everything was perfect, and it was all due to her careful attention to detail.

I have also had the privilege of attending other weddings she has done - each one as flawless and beautiful as mine. She understands what a special day this is for the bride, groom and families involved, and I can tell she gives the same attention to each client she works with. She is a shining diamond of joy and relief in a time that can sometimes be tumultuous.

Profile Picture Margaret-Finley, 3/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Cultural, Religious

Beverly Wakefield is the consummate professional and an absolute delight to work with. We highly recommend her and A Grand Affair for Wedding Planning and Day Of Coordination. We hired Beverly later in the process primarily as a Day of Coordinator but she did so much more for us. She is enthusiastic, committed, knowledgeable, punctual, flexible, organized and knows all of the wedding vendors in the Charlottesville area so can assist with all of your selections. She has a collection of wedding decor that she makes available to all of her clients. Our biggest regret is that we did not know about Beverly when we first started planning the wedding and would highly recommend that you contact Beverly as soon as you are engaged. We cannot say enough about Beverly and do not feel that a 5-star rating system is high enough to adequately convey how absolutely amazing she is. We are eternally grateful to her for making our wedding weekend so perfect and memorable.

Profile Picture User4146024, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly was truly one-of-a-kind and we could not have had such a flawless and enjoyable day without her. She maintained a calm, collected manner (which was most important to us) which helped us stay calm and carefree. Even when we had some trouble with our venue owner day-of, Beverly took hold of the situation and did not put any of the stress/drama onto us - she was a lifesaver. She also is extremely responsive and organized - we are so pleased to have worked with her for our wonderful big day!

Profile Picture julia, 5/10/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly was by far the best decision we made regarding the wedding. She was incredible and I can't quite put into words how valuable she was and how big of an impact she had on making our big day perfect. She went above and beyond, taking care of all of our bouquets and boutonnieres (which were stunning), and handling every other little detail from decorations to making sure the bar was continuously stocked to cleaning everything up at the end of the night. She's clearly in the wedding business not for the money, but because she actually loves what she does, which is so rare. She is so kind and so calm and so unassuming- just in the background, making everything happen. She really is wonderful and you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture alex, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We are so happy we selected Beverly to help us with our wedding. She was meticulous about planning every detail and making sure everything was just as we hoped it would be (and better) on our wedding day. She is an extremely dedicated, detailed, and hard worker, and we felt like we were in perfect hands without any need to fret about the details on our wedding day. She is a great value, and worth every penny!

Profile Picture Bridget, 5/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Beverly to be our day-of Coordinator was by far the best decision we made throughout the whole wedding planning process. She went above and beyond our wildest expectations, from putting together a detailed decor layout, to drawing up a complete floor plan, to making a detailed timeline. Every step of the way she ensured EVERY detail was in place, exactly how we envisioned. Beverly was very flexible with meeting times and spent countless hours with us making sure all details were accounted for. She had many great decor pieces that we could use free of charge, allowing us to save a bundle on rentals. Beverly made our wedding dreams come true, she ran our rehearsal seamlessly, set up & took down all decor, made sure all vendors were on the same page, executed our "Plan B" rain plan, and tended to many other things. If it wasn't for her, I don't know what we would've done. Clearly, Beverly should have angel wings! She comes highly recommended from me. Best wedding investment by far!

Profile Picture Margaret, 3/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so grateful to have worked with Beverly Wakefield. Beverly served as our day-of wedding coordinator, but in reality she went far and beyond that description. My husband and I first met Beverly about nine months before our wedding, and from the moment we met her I was impressed with her ability to break the planning process down into manageable pieces. Despite the stress of wedding planning, Beverly is always calm and collected - and I was reassured to know our wedding day would be in great hands. Beverly listened carefully to my vision and budget, and made great suggestions with decor and arrangements. She met with me several times in advance of the wedding day to discuss decor, vendor arrangements, timeline and layout design. Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to Bev. She arrived early to greet vendors and stayed late to pack up our belongings. Any small hiccups she quickly took care of, and I didn't have to worry about anything on our special day. I would highly recommend working with Beverly.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly at A Grand Affair is extremely dedicated. Her professionalism and attention to detail gave me confidence that my event was in great hands, and her enthusiasm for her work is clear. On our wedding day, Beverly coordinated vendors, guests, and a busy timeline with grace, and I know that it was her hard work and talent that allowed the day to go off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As a do-it-yourself bride planning a wedding in Charlottesville from afar, Beverly was the perfect match for me! From our first phone call, she put me at ease about all the stress of planning my wedding from a few hundred miles away. From helping us book shuttles from Charlottesville to our wedding at Mount Ida farm, which we knew would be a little off the beaten path for our guests, providing us with valuable lists ceremony musicians, creating timetables and keeping our vendors organized, she was definitely a life saver. Even though I did most of planning myself with the help of my mom, Beverly did an amazing job taking over the day of, so we wouldn’t have to worry and could enjoy the special day. I certainly recommend A Grand Affair for any Charlottesville bride who needs a day-of coordinator!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
4.3

Beverly and her sister were very helpful. They only did the "day of" help--and it was very useful since we could not be at the venue for prior to the wedding

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were very pleased with Beverly and the services she provided us! She was friendly, pleasant and completely professional. She was organized and followed up on everything. We relied on her to keep everything running smoothly, and we were so grateful for her time and attention. She helped make our day so special!

Profile Picture User3767605, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly went out of her way to cater to my needs and take care of the things I didn't want to deal with, without complaint. I trusted her judgment completely and the wedding (240+) went off so smoothly. I really appreciated her willingness to work with me on price and customization, rather than insisting on a fixed agenda that most planners force on you. She was wonderful!

Profile Picture Christin, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly was wonderful to work with! She was thoughtful, attentive to details, and very flexible! She really helped to make our wedding day the perfect day!

Profile Picture User3382784, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As someone who plans events frequently myself, I sought someone who I knew was creative, detail oriented, and a quick problem solver. We found all of those qualities with Beverly and Julie with A Grand Affair events.

In the months leading up to the wedding, Beverly took her time to learn exactly what we envisioned and how she could best make that happen for us. She offered creative ideas and solutions, and was always mindful of our budget. Several times she offered some helpful suggestions when she realized that what we had initially decided might not be the best approach. Her suggestions were right on target.

Throughout the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception, we were at ease knowing that everything was taken care of and that if there were any issues that arose, Beverly and Julie would take care of them. They oversaw set-up of the space, and helped to make it perfect. We had forgotten to do a few signs and decorations, and they had reserves just in case. They say timing is everything, and from the rehearsal, ceremony, entrance, toasts, first dance, cake, and exit, they had it timed down to the minute. We had several event planners who were guests, and told us that our wedding was executed better than all of the others they have seen. They even did a few extra personal touches at the end of the evening that really showed how much they cared. I won't say it on here so it'll be a surprise for others.

I cannot say enough positive things about A Grand Affair events. They were professional, personable, and most of all, effective. I am so grateful for their help. Our wedding was flawless, thanks to them!

Profile Picture User2864182, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly was an outstanding day of planner. She was always available for consultation but was always happy to take a step back when we wanted to take charge of certain elements. She was optimistic and realistic. It was clear that she has a great deal of experience in event planning and anticipated problems before they arose. She was a truly a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her services!!

Profile Picture Leslie , 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

A Grand Affair was so friendly and helpful. I called them about two weeks before my wedding just for a day of coordinator. They went above and beyond and thought of things that had slipped my mind. The day of my wedding I don't know what I would of done without Beverly there. She took care of everything and on such sort notice they did such a wonderful job. I can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Maggie , 9/29/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly is a true professional. She helped us think through every last detail, worked seamlessly with the other vendors, and remained so calm and friendly throughout. I don't know if I would have been so relaxed and enjoyed my wedding day as much if Bev wasn't there working behind the scenes to make sure everything went off without a hitch!

Profile Picture User1721678, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beverly assisted us with day-of coordination. Even though I'm an event planner and had planned the wedding myself, I know how important it is to have someone the day of to make sure things go well. It was great to know that we had Beverly there to handle any little problems that arose! My husband and I were able to really enjoy the day and not worry about a single detail because we had Bev! She came to our rehearsal to introduce herself to everyone and make sure things rand smoothly, and then was there the day of the wedding to meet our vendors, coordinate our ceremony, set up decorations, and keep the reception schedule on track. She even stayed late to help our families pack up personal items. She was also wonderful to put up with me and all the little details and information that I sent to her before the wedding :) Hiring a coordinator is the best decision any bride can make, and Beverly certainly helped me and my husband relax and enjoy the day!

Profile Picture C, 9/8/12, 2 Reviews