Gramercy Mansion Reviews

246 | Stevenson, MD

246 Reviews for Gramercy Mansion

Teyrra · Married on 05/16/2015

We have been planning our wedding for a little over 3 years and when we finally made it to the day of, it was as if we saw the venue again for the first time. I stayed overnight in the blue garden suite and it was absolutely beautiful. The pictures do not do it proper justice! The staff was so absolutely accommodating. I had my daughter's preschool graduation and a hair appointment the night before, so I was unsure if I would arrive before the innkeeper left, so they gave my key to my mother-in-law and even wrote out directions for me to get to my room. The morning of I realized I had not printed out my guest list and the front desk was so kind to print it out and give it directly to my coordinator. Emilee and Amanda were amazing. The venue is gorgeous and the garden made for a very, very beautiful spring, fairytale wedding!! If you are looking for a place to wow your guests and want a little vintage charm, look no further than the Gramercy Mansion.

Sent on 05/23/2015

Brandi · Married on 12/07/2013

Gramercy Mansion was a beautiful venue for our wedding. We were able to save on flowers because of the decor in the Mansion. Many of our guests stayed there and raved about the service. We enjoyed our breakfast the day after the wedding and they were very accomadating.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Marina · Married on 06/14/2012

Our wedding at Gramercy was amazing! Before the wedding I was communicating with Maria and she was extremely helpful and very responsive to all my e-mails. The venue was a little pricy, but we loved it so much we decided to do our wedding on a week day in order to afford it (weekday was half price). The gardens are gourgeous at Gramercy and a perfect place for a ceremony. The mansion itself was very beautiful as well and it was nice having different rooms for guests to walk around during the wedding instead of having just one open space. My husband and I stayed there for the night with our families. We reserived pretty much all rooms there and it was great to have breakfaston the Terrace there all together the next day after the wedding. Overall I am very satisfied with the venue and staff working at Gramercy,although it is pricy to do a weekend wedding there.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Alison · Married on 09/24/2011

Gramercy Mansion was absolutely beautiful. It was the first place we went to see after getting engaged and immediately fell in love. I know I overused the word whimsical when describing how I wanted my wedding to feel, and getting married in the gardens definitely created the atmosphere I was looking for. Everyone was so pleasant to work with and the room that we rented for the wedding was absolutely gorgeous. All of our guest commented on how beautiful the setting was. I don't think we could have found a more perfect place to get married.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Robin · Married on 08/13/2011

Gramercy Mansion and B&B was the perfect setting for our wedding reception, despite the fact that there was a steady downpour of rain throughout the entire event! Gramercy's staff was very responsive and professional - they always responded to our emails right away and they were willing to work with us in every way they could. My only criticism is that I wish there was more variety on the caterer's list that was provided. We were required to use a caterer from the approved list and there were no caterers on the list who could cook the cuisine we wanted (soul food). Nevertheless, the B&B was lovely and we had a wonderful wedding.

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • JennaCohen

Jenna · Married on 10/01/2010

You will find no other place as beautiful as the Gramercy mansion! The pictures say it all! We had a little worry when the rain came everyday for three days before the wedding but with some hard work and sunshine we were able to have our dream wedding outside! It is a bit pricy for what is included compared to many other venues but it will serve for the perfect venue for reception and ceremony!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Shannon · Married on 10/25/2009

The staff at the Gramercy were exceptional at making sure everything for the big day went as planned. They were accomodating and friendly. All of my guests raved about the setting and are looking at forward to booking a stay there for themselves. They were gracious throughout the entire process and up until the last minute we were there.

Sent on 10/31/2009

Brittany · Married on 04/25/2008

Gramercy Mansion could not have been a more perfect setting for our wedding ceremony and reception. All of the guest commented on how beautiful the place was. The ceremony in the garden was gorgeous, and all of the flowers were just beginning to bloom. The reception in the terrace was just as perfect with the weather being nice the terrace was open. It allowed for a more romantic feeling. It is nice that it is a Bed and Breakfast as well because we were able to just go straight up the stairs at the end of the evening. It would have been nice if the night of the wedding was included in the price of the venue somehow. The breakfast the next morning was very delicious and fresh. While looking and picking a venue, Gramercy allowed me to come as many times as I wanted. Even after I picked it and put down a deposit. I have friends and family from all over, but whenever any of them came to town I would show them Gramercy. The staff are extremely nice and understanding of how important this day meant to me.

Sent on 05/15/2008

Heather · Married on 05/26/2007

We didn't want a big wedding so we decided to elope. We happened to come across The Gramercy Mansion online and it was the best decision ever. Although it was only a short car ride to the heart of Baltimore, it felt like we were in another world. The grounds were so peaceful and beautiful and every single person we came across was nice. The breakfast they served was seriously some of the best food I've ever tasted. I would highly recommend The Gramercy to anyone, regardless if you're getting married or just want to get away for a couple of days. It's such a wonderful place. We plan on going back next year to celebrate our 1st anniversary.

Sent on 06/13/2007

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2002

Gramercy Mansion is an absolutely wonderful wedding venue. Even our most discerning guests were impressed! As architects, both my husband and I were impressed with the facility and the history. We also loved that as a bed & breakfast, it was fully furnished and decorated. This made it more comfortable for our guest and we were able to scale back on our floral needs.

There was hurricane three days before our wedding and due to the superior service at Gramercy, we were still able to have our ceremony outdoors in the garden. Nobody could tell the weather had been anything but beautiful!

We also spent our wedding night at Gramercy, in the Tower Room. It was very romantic.

If you'd like some fun or silly photos on your wedding day...we had our florist wrap flowers around the ropes of the tree swing out in the circle in front of the mansion. Our photographer took photos while we were playing and swinging, laughing all the while. Ah...memories.

Sent on 04/19/2008

Meghan · Married on 11/03/2017

This was a PERFECT venue for a wedding. We stayed the night before (definitely recommend), and then the night of our wedding. Both mornings we asked to have our meals brought to the room, which was such a convenience. Not only that, but the food was delectable. It is beautiful inside and out. Will definitely be visiting again!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding! It was our pleasure to make your stay with us as comfortable and delightful as possible. Our team prides itself on providing personalized service. We always find that couples that stay in one of our guest rooms the night before their wedding feel relaxed and are better prepared for their big day. Have you considered ordering a Wedding Brick for placement in our ceremony garden? It gives you another reason to plan a return visit! We wish you all the best! Cheers, Shannon

Dawn · Married on 07/01/2017

After our original vendor went under, my photographer recommended Gramercy Mansion as another place to look and I am so glad she did. My parents went to check the Gramercy out for us (we were living in California at the time) and fell in love. Once we moved back a few months later, we immediately went to see it and loved it - its the kind of venue that isn't cookie cutter but has personality. The gardens are stunning without question. A crazy thunderstorm rolled through an hour before the ceremony was supposed to start, and while everyone was willing to help make the outdoor ceremony happen, it would have cut into our timeline so we opted to keep the ceremony inside and have the cocktail hour outside. To be honest, the intimacy of having the ceremony indoors was something my husband and I wound up loving, as did all our guests. Having the dance floor and bar in various rooms really helped to get everyone up and moving - I saw very few people sitting at their table after dinner. It was really all so lovely. The staff was so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. Our guests loved the wedding and so did we - thank you so much to the Gramercy for making it such a wonderful day!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Wow! Thank you Dawn for this amazing, detailed review. The staff at Gramercy are thrilled to hear your positive remarks. We work diligently to watch the weather and try to set up the ceremony of your choice. Your indoor ceremony in our atrium was beautiful and we're so happy that you found it just as special as we did. We're happy to read that your guests enjoyed the historic charm of the Mansion and the gardens. Please come back to spend a romantic holiday with us soon. Congratulations on your wedding! Cheers, Shannon

Our wedding at the Gramercy Carriage House was wonderful. We did have a little rain scare right before the ceremony started but in the end we were able to have our ceremony outside in the garden. It was a great backdrop for our summer wedding.

Our wedding was around 90 people and I think that was just right for the Carriage House. Any more people and it would have seemed crowded. We also stayed in a room at the Gramercy Mansion Bed & Breakfast on our wedding night. We really enjoyed our room and the breakfast.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/29/2011

Site was beautiful! I was able to save on my florist costs because of all the natural beauty. There are already flowers surrounding the ceremony site and they have lots of hanging plants on the terrace (reception area). I only needed wedding party flowers and some for the centerpieces/tables.

The rooms are a bit pricey to stay in, but the bride & groom do get a discount. It would have been nice if they did a little extra for the bride & groom's room at the end of the night - like maybe some flowers, rose petals, wine, or something. They do offer that you can "buy" those extras.

We had many guests comment that it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. The place was perfect and our wedding was breathtaking...I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 06/11/2011

Alyse · Married on 09/04/2010

Gramercy mansion was a beautiful venue for our wedding. We particularly liked the outdoor ceremony area. Our wedding was on the evening of Sept 4th, and everything was in bloom and looked spectacular!

The english tudor style mansion itself was beautiful and very unique as well. The mansion has so many quirky and cool artifacts that we decided to create a scavenger hunt for the kids (which adults played too), which was a hit! There is a large covered terrace on the back of the house which is where most people were seated for dinner, and it also would have been the back up rain ceremony area. The only time our 170 guests slightly overwhelmed the house was while we were dancing in the side room. People were definitely spilling out of that room, but people didn't seem to mind.

We also really liked the convenience of having the ceremony area, reception area, and lodging all in one location. That took a lot of stress out of the day and probably saved some money.

We worked with Bill Duffy to arrange everything at Gramercy for our wedding day, and he was also our officiant. He was very accommodating in both of those roles.

Overall, we had an awesome experience, and we would recommend this venue to anyone who really enjoys being connected to the outdoors, and likes a unique setting.

Sent on 08/06/2011

Pat · Married on 06/19/2010

The staff at the Gramercy were very accommadating on our special day. They were friendly and they set up beautifully. Everything was absolutely gorgeous and went as planned!

Sent on 07/01/2010

cindi · Married on 06/19/2010

If you are getting married in late spring, summer, or early Fall, this place is magical and will create a fairy-tale wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is expensive, but creates a backdrop for a wedding like none other.
    Unfortunately, they don't have a room for you to get ready in, so you have to pay to check-in to a room and either you and new hubby stay there, or a family member might want to. We chose the Blue Room Suite which overlooks the ceremony site and has plenty of room for all your bridesmaids and moms, etc. We got to watch the guests from our room as they arrived, so that was pretty cool.
    You also have to pay extra if you want to have the ceremony outside! You would think that for the price that you could get ready there and the ceremony would be included, but it wasn't. However, everything was worth the money because it was so gorgeous.
    I also wish that we could have rented it longer, but the 11pm cut-off is understandable since there are other guests who are staying the night there.
    Breakfast in the morning was DELICIOUS!!! And you get to sit there and reflect on the previous night's events in the same spot where it all just happened, which was really cool to be able to do.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Susan · Married on 06/12/2010

Beautiful location. Our guests are still raving about the garden-style setting and the ceremony surrounded by flowers! We loved the Mansion and are looking forward to returning on our one-year anniversay to stay in their rooms again. Rooms are a bit pricey.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Robert Lombari · Married on 12/04/2019

One hour ceremony

My wife and I did the one-hour ceremony. The Mansion was great with having everything set up and ready to go for us. We had our own officiant and they accommodated us with having things perfect when we showed up. We couldn't ask for anything better.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you, Robert, for taking the time to review our venue! We're happy to know that your elopement ceremony was perfect, and look forward to welcoming you back to stay at the Mansion in the future, maybe to celebrate an anniversary! All the best, Sarah

marcia · Married on 07/21/2018

Beautiful rooms and gardens. Ideal for taking wedding pictures.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

The landscaped gardens do not disappoint, we're glad that you found them ideal for your wedding photos. We'd love to see them if you care to share! Hopefully you'll want to visit us later in the summer so you can enjoy the ever changing blooms and colors while relaxing poolside. Cheers, Shannon

Charles · Married on 04/01/2018

3.0

It was a very nice venue and the staff was very professional. We were instantly obsessive with the place after seeing it online. However, the prices on the mandatory caterers was pretty brutal. If outside vendors was allowed I'd give full stars.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you Charles! Your feedback on our catering list is appreciated. Each caterer is carefully chosen based on their quality of food and service. Currently there are 12 on the list, with a wide variety of prices. We hope you were happy with your choice for your special day. Your afternoon wedding at our Carriage House was lovely. We enjoyed welcoming your family and friends. We hope to welcome you back, perhaps you'd like a midweek getaway, our room of the month prices are very enticing! Cheers, Shannon
  • PandaInLove

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2017

We first toured the venue a month into our engagement after looking at about 8 other venues and knew immediately this was our dream venue. The scenery and gardens are beautifully kept and the mansion and Carriage House exude a timeless charm that won us over. Throughout the planning process the staff was very helpful in addressing questions and were wonderful to work with. Our guests were highly impressed with the site and expressed our wedding was a beautiful, magical experience.

This venue does technically have two venues, the Carriage House (in front), which is better for smaller weddings and the actual Gramercy Mansion itself. While this is mentioned up front, you will not be notified if another wedding is scheduled at the other sub-venue on your wedding date, so if you book, please constantly check-in with the venue to see if another wedding is booked for your date. For our wedding day, there just so happened to be two weddings at the same time, and we spoke with the bride and groom of the other wedding who confirmed that, like us, they had no idea another wedding was taking place until we all showed up. If we had known, we would have prepared accordingly. This caused much confusion for guests of both weddings as some attended the wrong wedding and gifts were mixed up between weddings. Other miscommunication with the staff occurred on the rehearsal day and wedding day, which heavily delayed our timeline and caused a great deal of stress for us and brought me to tears.

Our interaction with the staff prior to the wedding day was great, but on the actual wedding day we kind of felt we were treated with second-class quality. Apart from the mishaps of the wedding day, we stayed the night at the venue received great service for the bed & breakfast. All in all, we plan to visit again for the bed & breakfast, but perhaps an Event Coordinator or better communication would really improve the quality of service for the actual wedding venue services.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Amanda, thank you for taking the time to compose such a well written review of your thoughts and experiences. Also, thank you for responding to us when we reached out to schedule a follow up phone call, it allowed us to gain more specific information in order to properly respond to your comments. We are very sorry to hear about the confusion that occurred on your wedding day. We strive to communicate any details our couples will need in order to have a stress-free wedding day. You've assisted in helping us improve our services for future couples. We have now added a section to our contracts that will allow for better communication, both about our 2 venues as well as our role vs the role of an event planner. We already do recommend event planners as we are very clear that we do not offer those services ourselves. Although we already do provide personalized chalkboard signs placed outside of the Mansion and Carriage House with the couples names on them, we are looking into improving our permanent signage as well. We are happy to hear that your guests thought your wedding was magical and that you enjoyed your stay in the Mansion and breakfast the following morning. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again and relax at the Mansion. All the best, Sarah and Shannon

Maggie · Married on 10/08/2016

We had our wedding at Gramercy Mansion this fall. This place is stunningly beautiful!!! They provided tables, chivari chairs, and our hupa. They were lovely with accommodating an indoor ceremony due to some unfortunate rain. The transformation from the ceremony to the reception was flawless.

I also reserved rooms there to get ready in the day of and to stay in that evening. They are beautiful, clean, and extremely quiet! I loved the different themes of the room. They provided such a relaxing atmosphere!!!

The only issues I had with this venue was the price and lack of flexibility. It is pretty expensive and even going 5 minutes over your allotted time is frowned upon. We did not have this issue as we ended on time but I do know other brides that this has happened to. This by no means would prevent me from having a repeat of my wedding here! I loved every single second of it and would do it again in a heart beat! Thank you to Gramercy for being a part of our day!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations, Maggie! And thank you so much for choosing us as the venue for your wedding! It was an honor to share in your special day. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with future wedding couples. We're very glad you were happy with the accommodations and service and look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many future anniversaries!

Georgia · Married on 06/13/2015

3.0

exquisite, another day would have been less costly

Sent on 07/01/2015

Carrie · Married on 05/23/2015

3.5

Gramercy is an absolutely beautiful place. The staff was very responsive to my questions and helpful in making sure my wedding was as I imagined.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thanks so much, Carrie and Matthew! It was a pleasure hosting your wedding and we're happy that the day was all you hoped it would be. Looking forward to welcoming you back for future anniversary getaways. Congrats again!