Gramercy Mansion Reviews

245 | Stevenson, MD

245 Reviews for Gramercy Mansion

Melissa · Married on 05/01/2015

We originally booked the 1840'S Ballroom for this date but because of the unfortunate circumstances with what happened in Baltimore during that time, I decided to call on that Monday prior to the wedding ask if it could be relocated to their sister company 'The Gramercy Mansion'. They were EXTREMELY accommodating and we rescheduled it for that Friday at the Gramercy at the same time. I have to say, it probably turned out better than if it were downtown. The setting was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for hosting your wedding with us and sharing your story! We're glad we were able to accommodate you with another venue option given the situation downtown at that time. Gramercy's serene country setting offers a nice alternative to 1840s Plaza's city charm and elegance while conveniently located just north of Baltimore. Since your wedding day, we have seamlessly hosted several weddings and events at 1840s Plaza and we invite couples seeking an elegant downtown venue highlighting the best of Baltimore to check out our sister location. Thanks again and best wishes!

Gorgeous location for a memorable event at an incredibly affordable price. The B&B stay after our wedding was the icing on the cake! Luxurious!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/14/2014

Gramercy Mansion is a perfect venue for a garden wedding. If you're looking for a romantic, vintage kind of vibe, and you are having your wedding between May and early October, it would be hard to beat the beauty of this venue. There are floral gardens and beautiful trees all around this restored Tudor mansion. If you are fortunate enough to have good weather, the photos you can get here are breathtaking. The gardens also have a whimsical feel, with fairy houses and unique little statues hidden among the greenery. It's quite charming.

I imagine a Christmas wedding here would be lovely as well, as they decorate the entire mansion during the season. And now that they have enclosed the circular dining area with glass French doors, guests can stay warm or cool depending on the time of year.

The mansion itself is quite eclectic inside. It can be a bit kitschy in places, as they sell a lot of decorative items from their many shelves and chests. And the stuffed goats are a real conversation piece. But it's certainly a unique venue, and we and our guests loved it. I was very happy we chose this spot for our daughter's wedding.

The only downside is that they are usually heavily booked during peak season, and we had to have our rehearsal two days before the wedding as they had two events scheduled the day before. It meant that members of the wedding party had to arrive from out of state a day earlier. Also, the rooms there (which are positively opulent) are quite expensive. We rented a room for the bride and groom for the night, as well as one for ourselves (mother and father of the bride). The huge jacuzzi tubs, the fireplaces, and the scrumptious included breakfast in the morning was worth it though. It was also nice not to have to travel after the reception ended.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing Gramercy Mansion as the venue for your daughter's wedding and for taking the time to share your experience! We're very happy that you and your guests were happy and enjoyed a memorable celebration.

You are right, it can be very busy with events on the property during our peak season. We do our best to accommodate everyone with complimentary rehearsal times but it can be a challenge. So thank you for your understanding and flexibility.

We wish the newlyweds much love and happiness and hope to see them for a future getaway!

Best wishes!

I loved the venue! Gramercy is a simply beautiful place to get married. Everyone at the mansion was always nice and helpful.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Dan · Married on 10/02/2012

Located in a beautiful area off Greenspring Valley Road, Gramercy Mansion was our favorite of the venues we found online and the few we looked at in person in the Baltimore area. Our wedding was on a Tuesday and they offered a great and inexpensive package for a small, intimate ceremony like ours. My bride booked a suite for her and her mom to use the night before and day of the ceremony (absolutely stunning room, no words could do it justice). They have a garden area that looks great in the summer, but we chose a new gazebo setting for our ceremony since it was in the fall. On the day, it rained so we came inside for our backup plan. Because we only had a few guests, they were able to offer us the main foyer room which meant a second level and wide, curving staircase became awesome additions to the aisle. There was a fireplace behind us during the ceremony which they let us light for the event. It was beautiful, the photos were great, the staff helpful. The minister was included in our package, and she was great. She communicated with us ahead of time to include everything we wanted in the ceremony and walked us through our rehearsal. Would recommend this venue to anyone and might go back again just for the rooms it offers.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Kortney · Married on 07/01/2011

The Gramercy Mansion was the perfect place for our wedding. We had the ceremony in the garden, the cocktail hour outside on the back lawn, dinner on the patio and then dancing in the side room. All the guests kept commenting on what an amazing place the Gramercy was and lovely everything was kept. At first I was concerned that the dancing room would be too small but it was a perfect size (trust me was had tons of people dancing). I was so thankful for the help that they gave us on the day of - from telling the makeup/flower people where we were to helping with sending people down the aisle. Bill Duffy, who works for the Gramercy, was our officiant and couldn't have been more helpful with giving us ideas and planning the perfect ceremony for us. His sense of humor may not be for all but you should know at the end of the day if you work with him you will have a perfect cememony at the Gramercy. My husband and I are already planning our stay for our first anniversary!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Margaret · Married on 05/15/2011

The Gramercy Mansion was the absolute most magical place to get married. We loved it and so did our guests. The staff could not have been more helpful and sweet to us in our planning and calls to ask questions. A big shout out to Maria whose personality and charm in showing us the location and warmth when always greeting us and talking to us made the choice a dream come true. A beautiful place, picturesque and nice people. Who could ask for more! The only item I would mention to brides is make sure that you pick a time and coordinate it with room check in as I had my wedding early and although Gramercy could ensure we had one room available to get dressed prior to the wedding it was touch and go so I ended up having my hair and make up done at home before arriving. There is not a real dressing area other than reserving a room so you need to plan for that :) That is the only "gotcha" I can think of and with no doubt, I would do it all again in a minute! I will definitely be back. They are the best :)

Sent on 06/02/2011

Ben · Married on 04/23/2010

Everything was great ... thanks!

Sent on 04/26/2010

Michelle · Married on 08/15/2009

The Gramercy was absolutely beautiful and the staff members were great. Mr. Bill gave us a tour of the Gramercy and the grounds and we fell in love (and he was hilarious and a wonderful host!). The staff members were very quick with responding to any and all questions we had and were very accommodating. They had our room ready hours in advance so we could settle in and start getting ready for the big day. Definitely a place to have your wedding if you are looking for a place that is unique, with great gardens, nice and helpful staff, and an unbelievable day! It is a little on the pricey side but totally worth it! I recommend staying in the Cassatt Suite the night of the wedding. Absolutely gorgeous and big enough for a bridal party of nine brides maids and the bride to get ready comfortably!

Sent on 08/24/2009

Pam · Married on 10/17/2008

Everyone loved the location!

Sent on 11/18/2008

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2008

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Gramercy Mansion. From day one of planning they were so helpful and accomodating! The place was beautiful, and my DJ even commented that the Gramercy is her personal favorite site for a wedding. All of my guests commented on how great the place was. The thing I like the best about Gramercy is that it is unique and has its own charm, but also that its a bed and breakfast so we can always go back and celebrate our anniversary at the place we were married. I highly recommend the Gramercy to anyone!

Sent on 05/31/2008

Alexandra · Married on 06/07/2007

I could not have asked for a better wedding. The day went great and if there were any issues or concerns they were taken care of without bothering the bride. Through the planning process my questions were promptly answered and the professionalism was perfect. I would recommend this venue to anyone who asks.

Sent on 06/09/2007
  • Greg

Greg Smith · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Super Value, Unforgettable Memories

We saved 75%!! Booked our wedding within 2 months (saved 50%), and we had our wedding on Sunday (saved 50% vs Saturday). We could not have been more happy, and the 50% off stay overnight was fabulous; we loved our Jacuzzi spa tub, and heated floor room. Definitely hire Doves for Love, we had a tiny owl and falcon up with our wedding party during the ceremony!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Greg & Amy! We are so happy that you chose to celebrate your love and get married at Gramercy! The Carriage House was beautifully done, and we love that you chose Wedding Doves for Love to add something unique to your day. Our team was excited to have you stay with us on your wedding night and enjoy the wedding couple 50% bed & breakfast deal. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon for another romantic getaway! Cheers, Sarah
  • Morgan

Morgan Dailey · Married on 10/12/2018

Morgan & Michael

Gramercy is such a BEAUTIFUL venue and we are so glad we booked with them. When we first started our venue hunting I came across gramercy on a website and fell in love but we continued looking just to see what was out there. We looked at a couple other venues before coming back to gramercy. I can't tell you why we just didn't visit here firth because it is so much more beautiful in person. The gardens and the history is just amazing and we truly wanted something that wasn't just a big square room. We fell in love with all the little details and the gardens and couldn't say no. With our booking we were able to stay at the venue for our wedding night at 1/2 off which was great and we even got early check in so we could get ready. Everything came together so well and it was truly more than we could imagine. Most of the staff was very accommodating and kind but I did have two issues that should be noted. The day after the wedding we were probably 30 minutes away after checking out that we realized that we left all our wedding food in the fridge. I called frantically because we were hardly able to eat anything so I wanted to make sure it wasn't thrown away and that we could come pick it up. When I called and explained what happened, the girl on the phone told me they probably already threw it away... I HAD to ask her to go check because she just assumed it was already gone. Thank god it was all still there but personally I believe you shouldn't tell someone no when you don't know the answer. The other small issue I had was that I received a phone call 3 days before my wedding telling me that we needed to pay for chair set up and take down but our ceremony and reception WAS IN THE SAME ROOM. It just seemed like they didn't know all of our details when our wedding day was so close. Regardless we loved our venue and it truly made our wedding day magical!!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Hello Morgan and Michael, thank you for sharing your review with us! Congratulations on your October wedding, we were so happy to welcome you and your guests on your special day. Your complimentary words about our mansion, it's historical decor and our lush gardens, are greatly appreciated. October is a wonderful month to be married here at Gramercy as our gardens are showcasing their final colors and blooms and the days are a lovely temperature. I see you stayed in the Cassatt Suite! It's such a lovely oasis, tucked away on your own private level in the mansion. I wanted to address your concern about the two circumstances you experienced. I have reached out to you askin if we could schedule a phone call, but since I haven't heard back, I thought I'd address your concerns here in hopes you'll know that we have heard you and want to ensure it's dealt with properly. From the sounds of your recount, you left your food in the small fridge in the Cassatt Suite. You are absolutely correct, our staff should not have simply responded to your concern without first verifying the whereabouts of your items. We apologize for that, I'm so glad to know that upon checking, we were able to locate your food. Secondly, you mention that we asked for payment for your ceremony set up. If our staff told you that, they were incorrect, it was payment for the additional 1/2 hour that you requested. We had already applied the ceremony set up fee to your balance on the day you signed your contract. But it became known to us roughly 3 days prior to your wedding that the caterers had an earlier start time in their records than we had on our contract with you. So we reached out to confirm you required an additional 1/2 hour and then charged you accordingly. I hope this clears these issues up and that you feel well taken care of on these matters. It is our mission to provide you and Micheal with a beautiful wedding day to remember for always. We wish you both a lifetime of love and joy! Cheers, Shannon
  • Anna-Lisa

Anna-Lisa · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful Wedding Experience at the Gramercy

Fabulous! The Innkeepers at the Gramercy went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable. The mansion itself is picturesque and beautiful. Couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Anna-Lisa and Matthew! Thank you for the sweet sentiments. Whenever our team at Gramercy learns that one of our couples found our service and attention to detail remarkable, we feel so appreciated. Making your wedding day exceptional is our goal and we are so happy to hear that you found our venue the perfect fit. We wish you a lifetime of love and joy! Cheers, Shannon

Robin · Married on 11/11/2017

This venue is beautiful year round so no matter what time of year you have your ceremony, your pictures will turn out great. The staff is friendly and helpful and were very quick to respond to any questions I had. The rooms were nicely decorated and breakfast was delicious. The only downside about this place is that it is very expensive and the fee only includes venue rental. If you want to stay there, it is a separate charge. That being said, I fell in love with this place as soon as I saw it and do not regret having my ceremony and reception here.

Sent on 11/26/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

We are delighted to hear that you fell in love with our venue and enjoyed the landscaped gardens. Our team prides itself on providing exceptional service to all of our couples. Hopefully you're able to stay with us again in the future, maybe to celebrate an anniversary, and enjoy another freshly prepared breakfast! All the best, Sarah

Derek · Married on 10/21/2017

The gramercy made our wedding Day completely memorable! Will definitely look into having more events there.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you, Derek, for taking the time to write us a thoughtful review! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your experience so much and hope you're able to have another event with us in the future! Best, Sarah

Kaitie · Married on 09/16/2017

Great venue! The gardens are awesome for pictures and the carriage house was perfect for our small reception.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you Katie and John, your September wedding was gorgeous! It was our pleasure to welcome your family and friends on your special day. The Carriage House is an intimate venue, the ceremony garden and bricked outdoor courtyard provide spaces for our couples to enjoy their wedding day. Please come back and stay with us at the Bed and Breakfast, perhaps on your anniversary? We can't wait to have you visit us again. Cheers, Shannon

Beth · Married on 11/06/2016

My husband and I had a beautiful wedding at Gramercy. Gramercy was quick to respond to questions, helpful in setting up, and provided wonderful service for our wedding. Such a lovely spot, we had amazing photos taken on the grounds, and even decided to stay overnight and make use of the bed and breakfast services! Lovely building, grounds, rooms, and delicious breakfast in the morning. If I could replay the day over again, I wouldn't change anything, especially the venue. I would recommend Gramercy for anybody wanting to get married in a lovely, intimate setting.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you Beth! We appreciate you writing such kind and heartfelt words and letting others know about your experience at the Mansion. Our Gramercy team takes great pride in helping our couples and we're glad that you were pleased with our customer service! I'm sure your wedding day will forever be in your memory, please come back soon again, perhaps on your anniversary. We'd love to celebrate with you! Best wishes for your future together. Cheers, Shannon

Rebecca · Married on 03/19/2016

The Gramercy Mansion is an incredibly beautiful place for a wedding. The first time we toured it was just amazing. We returned within a week to book it. We actually, originally were going to book the Carriage House, because of cost, but my mom insisted we book the Mansion. That's my only negative point for the place, it was out of our budget. But the staff was wonderful and worth it. We were the only event booked that day, so we had the whole place to ourselves. Our guests were able to walk throughout and enjoy taking in everything they have. There is SO many knickknacks to look at it. You really don't need any decorations. We were married inside and used the Atrium as our ceremony space which was converted into our dinner space as well. Just gorgeous. All of our guests loved it. The pictures are phenomenal. ( It actually snowed the day of our wedding. Snow+ a beautiful full cherry blossom tree outback= magical) Plus they have a cat! YES! He is wonderful and fluffy, and photogenic ;) We stayed the night in the Cassatt Suite which is breathtaking. Even if you don't get married here, you really should spend a night here. We will definitely return for any special occasions.

Sent on 04/17/2016

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations again to you both and thank you so much for your review! It was our honor and pleasure to host your wedding... and what a gorgeous wedding it was! We're so glad you were happy with the accommodations and service. Romeow looks forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many future anniversaries and special occasions. Best wishes!

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

We hosted an elopement ceremony in their back garden. The ceremony was a perfect option for our 20 guests. It was incredibly beautiful and very affordable for just the ceremony. I highly recommend this location if you choose to have your wedding ceremony just 2 months after booking!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations, Jennifer! Thank you very much for choosing Gramercy Mansion as the location for your elopement ceremony. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we're glad you were happy with your experience. Best wishes! Come back and see us again soon!

We love the Gramercy and so did everyone who attended our reception! The staff was very accommodating during our planning process and the many times we had to stop in to look around again. My family commented on how beautiful the flowers and gardens were and how unique the venue is. We also loved staying the night there the night before and after our wedding, the breakfast was amazing!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations again and thank you so much for choosing Gramercy Mansion as the venue for your wedding! We're very glad that you were happy with your experience and truly appreciate you taking the time to share with other couples. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and looking forward to welcoming you back for future stays!

My now husband and I chose this venue for it's amazing garden space. We were very impressed by the beauty and uniqueness of the venue. It is definitely not your typical wedding factory/hall. We also happened to be the only wedding that day, so it was nice to not have to worry about other events taking place in the same area. There are some logistics to tease out because of the arrangement of the space, but we could not have chosen a better venue. They were also very open to us coming back and viewing the venue with our other vendors. I would highly recommend getting a room or two for getting ready for the day or staying for the night following the wedding. Breakfast was awesome and it was nice to be in the same place all day long from getting ready to going to bed.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing Gramercy as the venue for your wedding! It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we're very glad your wedding day and the location was all that you hoped for. Thanks for sharing your experience! We hope you'll visit again and stay with us to celebrate many happy anniversaries in the future!

shell · Married on 05/22/2015

The Gramercy Mansion carriage house was the location of our wedding rehearsal and actual wedding day with an intimate dinner to follow in the lanai of the carriage house an entire outdoor event, thankful the weather was amazing. We were taken care by both Amanda & Emily and were really thankful for such an amazing experience.
    The rooms are pricey, but the homemade and home grown breakfast in your room compensated for it a little bit. The location is secluded and very nice. Definite worth a return visit and future events.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing the Carriage House for your wedding! We're very glad you enjoyed your experience and sincerely appreciate you sharing. We would love to welcome you back for a future stay. Best wishes!

Teyrra · Married on 05/16/2015

We have been planning our wedding for a little over 3 years and when we finally made it to the day of, it was as if we saw the venue again for the first time. I stayed overnight in the blue garden suite and it was absolutely beautiful. The pictures do not do it proper justice! The staff was so absolutely accommodating. I had my daughter's preschool graduation and a hair appointment the night before, so I was unsure if I would arrive before the innkeeper left, so they gave my key to my mother-in-law and even wrote out directions for me to get to my room. The morning of I realized I had not printed out my guest list and the front desk was so kind to print it out and give it directly to my coordinator. Emilee and Amanda were amazing. The venue is gorgeous and the garden made for a very, very beautiful spring, fairytale wedding!! If you are looking for a place to wow your guests and want a little vintage charm, look no further than the Gramercy Mansion.

Sent on 05/23/2015