Gracenotes Chamber Music, LLC Reviews

81 | Fairfax Station, VA

81 Reviews for Gracenotes Chamber Music, LLC

Joan · Married on 08/10/2013

The string quartet provided by Gracenotes was absolutely fabulous. Their website is very helpful with suggestions for wedding music and includes audio clips of some selections. They played wonderful pre-ceremony music and even added a little when the ceremony got a 5-minute late start. During the ceremony, they took their cues as discussed in advance (and information requested by them), so music was always appropriate for the particular activity during the ceremony (seating of mothers, processional, recessional, etc.). In addition, their playing was top-notch (and I am a picky musician myself!). Many guests commented that the quartet was just "perfect."

Sent on 08/12/2013

Emily · Married on 08/10/2013

Beautiful ceremony music. Having live musicians really added to the ceremony

Sent on 08/13/2013

Mark · Married on 06/23/2013

They were terrific, I highly recommend them. My wife is Chinese. They went out and got sheet music for some Classical Chinese favorites of hers and performed the pieces at the reception. Really nice touch.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Krissy · Married on 06/22/2013

Sarah was a pleasure to work with and made the process very simple! I did not get to hear much of their music, being the bride, but guests had wonderful things to say. I would highly recommend Sarah and Gracenotes!

Sent on 07/04/2013

J · Married on 04/27/2013

Gracenotes Chamber Music was incredible! Our ceremony space was intimate, so we needed instruments that would take up minimal space. Sarah Layman invited my husband and me to her home for a violin and guitar demo and we were so blown away by Sarah and her husband's talent that we hired them on the spot. They were incredibly warm and accommodating, and they worked with us to help create the perfect ambiance for our ceremony and cocktail hour. All of our guests raved about them! My only regret was that, as the bride, I was not able to spend more time at the cocktail hour.

We highly recommend Gracenotes!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Brien · Married on 02/02/2013

We had a very short lead time before our wedding but they worked us into their schedule and were extremely helpful and professional. Sarah and her husband were consummate professionals and we would highly recommend them to anyone interested in booking chamber music for their wedding.

Sent on 07/21/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 12/29/2012

I spoke with Sarah on the phone once before the wedding and explained what I envisioned - let me tell you she made my dreams become a reality! Gracenotes was a huge hit! She timed everything perfectly too...there are just no words to describe how wonderful it was to have them play at my ceremony. If you want a professional group of people, beautiful music, and no worries - book Gracenotes!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/10/2012

We hired the violin & guitar duo from Gracenotes Chamber Music, LLC for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. The music they played was absolutely beautiful and they helped make our wedding ceremony so special. They are very professional and easy to work with and they really care about making your event the best it can be. We highly recommend Gracenotes for your special event. - Steph & Joe, Annandale, VA

Sent on 12/05/2012
  • Callie

Callie · Married on 10/14/2012

Gracenotes was beautiful!! They did such a great job for our wedding! We had someone coming in from another state to sing and they didn't get to work with her until just before the wedding, yet they were all GREAT!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Sara · Married on 10/07/2012

I hired a violin and cello duo to play at my wedding and my reception. I was a bride from out of state and Sarah made it all so very easy for me. We picked several classic hymns for the service and they created renditions for each one of them that were beautiful. I could not have more pleased with how the music turned out for that...it was exactly as I would have liked. For the reception, they were wonderful! They played classical music that created the perfect background ambiance for the reception to add elegance and class. Both my husband and I thought the music was perfect and several people told us how much they enjoyed the music. To sum it up, we were VERY pleased with everything and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for musicians.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Great musicians! Very friendly and professional. Made our ceremony and cocktail hour even more lovely! I would definitely recommend them!!!!

Sent on 10/12/2012
  • Amelia

Amelia · Married on 07/01/2012

The violin & guitar duo was marvelous! They made everything flow so well. They were very professional and responsive.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Michael · Married on 06/09/2012

The music was beautiful and professional, and the coordination with the organist and soloist appeared seamless. We received nothing but compliments on how wonderful the music was.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Kristi · Married on 05/19/2012

Chris and Sarah Layman are incredible! The violin/guitar duo provided pre-wedding ceremony music as well as reception music. I couldn't have asked for more. Chris and Sarah were very accommodating; very generous with their time and talents; played a variety of both sacred and secular music. Even played an original arrangement of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" as my husband and I walked back up the aisle after the ceremony!! They added that "something special" that I really wanted for my wedding!! I highly recommend them for any occasion!!!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2012

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding was booking Grace Notes for my ceremony and cocktail hour. They were amazing and everyone really enjoyed the music selection. They are able to play a variety of music (including Coldplay for our recessional). Sarah and her husband were so easy to work with and incredibly nice - we could have invited them to the wedding!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Cecile · Married on 04/28/2012

Sarah and her husband provided ceremony music for my daughter's wedding. They were a pleasure to work with, from the charming "concert" where we met them in their home to the last note before the reception. My daughter and now husband requested a special piece for their recessional, not in their repetoire. They arranged a great version! Gracenotes arrived on time, set-up without a fuss (slightly changed location due to weather) and sounded lovely in the space (The Atrium at Meadowlark). I especially liked the "good energy" of having a lovely young couple perform at the wedding!

Sent on 05/14/2012
  • User2413121 · event on: 04/20/2012

Gracenotes added a touch of class to our company reception. They were professional and very easy to work with. I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Jerry · Married on 09/17/2011

Grace Notes played at my daughter's wedding reception. Many of our guests said they thoroughly enjoyed the music. They gave extra effort to play a special request at the end of the reception.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Samantha · Married on 08/23/2011

Sarah from Gracenotes is an amazing violinist. She is super sweet, very responsive, and had great suggestions. I would highly recommend Gracenotes!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2011

Sarah and Chris are an AMAZING violin and guitar duo! My husband and I can't stop talking about how perfect our wedding ceremony music was. They were really helpful in the selection of the music, and when I had a last-minute change on the morning of the wedding, they were completely flexible. We highly recommend Gracenotes!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Kim · Married on 05/27/2011

We enjoyed working with Gracenotes. Sarah was very responsive over email. We met Gracenotes at their home and they were excellent hosts prepared with tea and light desserts for us to enjoy as we listened to some of their music. They were very helpful in helping us decide on music for the ceremony, and able to play just about anything. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2011

Gracenotes was amazing! Our guests kept coming up to us remarking that the quartet was excellent. Sarah went above and beyond for us by arranging a popular song that we wanted for the processional and she was very responsive to all of our needs. I can't say enough great things about this group. They are a must hire!

Sent on 05/28/2011

Donna · Married on 04/02/2011

Gracesnotes' musicians went above and beyond, braving poor weather conditions to make my wedding-with-a-view a reality. But that was just the cherry on the cake. Leading up to the wedding, Sarah helped me select appropriate music, including one out-of-the-box selection _a Coldplay song _ that ended up being the hit of the evening. They are real pros.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Randi · Married on 09/25/2010

The ceremony music was beautiful and everything I had ever dreamed of for our wedding. Sarah and Chris were very felxible and made time to discuss ideas and visions for the program. They were very easy to work with and went out of their way to make our day incredibly special. The quality was suburb and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Sarah · Married on 08/21/2010

Gracenotes was wonderful. They were generous, kind, courteous, and professional. In short, they were a pleasure to work with and they know how to play. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/27/2010