Gowns of Grace Reviews

481 | Dallas, TX

481 Reviews for Gowns of Grace

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

Nancy Dodd and her staff were amazing! Nancy truly saved the day for me. My aunt found her for me because I needed to find a shop that could sew in a bra for a strapless dress (purchased at larger retail store) as I am an unusual cup size and I struggled to find the best undergarment solution. Nancy told us about the sew-in option but gave us her honest opinion about my dress. She explained my dress was actually too small for me & the chain store didn't catch that. While the dress fit well in the waist area, the bust portion of the dress was too low or rather too narrow which is why I kept trying to pull it up. Among several options given, Nancy recommended I return that dress & get a larger dress that would better fit my bust and then she could take in the waist and fix the hem issues. I was a little scared to do that because I had about 6-8 weeks until my wedding at that point, but we managed to get the new dress from the other store in time & work out a couple of alteration sessions and Nancy finished the dress about 2 weeks before the wedding. Nancy was great. The deposit for alterations/fitting-fee caught me off guard at first. I thought it would just be a one-time payment for the service I needed, but they have a different policy than I was used to. It turned out fine, though. I was fine once I learned the procedures. I spent $200-210 for what I needed (deposit went toward final payment). Alterations ended up being higher than my original budget--hoped I didn't have to have alterations, but I was desperate and Nancy's expertise was truly priceless. No one else helped me the way she did (not even the custom bra store where I bought my strapless bra). ...and finally, my aunt bought my veil and tiara from Gowns of Grace. They were beautiful. There were a number of beautiful dresses in the store. I had to refrain from looking at them since I already had mine. Cute boutique shop!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Thank you Kelly!!!

Megan · Married on 09/23/2018

Gowns of Grace was incredible!!! I HIGHLY recommend! I found a wedding dress that I fell in love with at a different store, but due to a short engagement, they could not guarantee its arrival on time. I was heartbroken and called around other bridal salons to find somewhere that could get that dress for me. Gowns of Grace assured me it would come in with plenty of time for quick alterations. It ended up coming several weeks earlier than they originally estimated! The alterations went so smoothly thanks to Nancy and my dress fit absolutely perfectly! The staff was incredibly sweet and even stayed open a little late for me one night so that I could have alterations done. I have told all of my friends about Gowns of Grace and will continue to do so! They are the best!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Candice · Married on 09/22/2018

They are great at what they do and were very accommodating!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Suzanne · Married on 09/07/2018

Gowns of Grace did a great of accommodating me as I ordered a dress style from New York that they didn't carry. The fittings were thorough without a detail missed. From my first visit to walking out the door with my dress, Gowns of Grace was terrific.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Carol · Married on 08/25/2018

Recommend to everyone who is looking for a wedding dress. We went to several stores in Tulsa and Dallas. Gowns of Grace is by far better than anyone else.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Thank you so much!!!

Lynne · Married on 08/11/2018

Nancy and her daughter Natalie were a tremendous help to me throughout the entire dress search process! From helping me find the perfect dress to making several alterations to ensure it fit perfectly, they were the best. I went to several dress boutiques in dfw and Kleinfeld in NYC and this was by far the best service I received with numerous (beautiful) options!!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Mg · Married on 08/04/2018

They were amazing, had unique gowns that were a good prices

Sent on 06/06/2018

Jordyn · Married on 08/04/2018

All of the ladies were so sweet and so helpful. We came from out of town and their willingness to work with us was amazing. Such a great business with a huge selection of beautiful dresses!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Becky · Married on 08/04/2018

This was our first stop and my daughter immediately fell in love with a dress along with the staff. The dress had to be altered and Nancy was awesome! The dress looks like it was ordered in, you can not tell that it was altered. And because Jordyn was the first person to purchase this particular style, the dress is being named after her!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Michele · Married on 07/28/2018

My daughter (the bride)
    and I were lucky enough to choose this wonderful Bridal Boutique to begin what should have been a tour of 6 top tier Bridal Boutiques in Dallas and Houston....We found the most beautiful, elegant gown here with Natalie's expert help and guidance. Nancy is amazing with alterations and I cannot recommend this Bridal Boutique enough in as much as EVERYTHING from the beautiful choice of gowns and accessories available, the personalized attention and care and last but not least patience re alterations as my daughter continued to loose weight and up to the end Nancy was accommodating and charming and patient with her. Do yourself a favor and visit this boutique....we cannot remained them highly enough and were happy to drive a full 6 hours round trip every time! WORTH IT!!!!! Photos to be posted later!!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Thank you so much Michele! We can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Diana · Married on 07/01/2018

Nancy seriously saved me and my dress! I bought my gown in Chicago as a sample gown because I didn't have enough time to buy a new dress. I live in Dallas and the Chicago boutique suggested I see Nancy for alterations. When I went to see Nancy my sample dress was SO large when she started pinning me all of the mesh and details that I loved most about the dress were quickly fading due to the necessary alterations that needed to take place for the dress to fit me. I was almost in tears when Nancy came out with the exact same dress in a much smaller size. She simply said, "let's switch out the dresses". The original dress I bought was not from Nancy's shop and she absolutely did not have to do this HUGE and lifesaving favor for me. If Nancy didn't do this for me I don't know what I would have done. After a few alteration appointments I had my dream dress back! I could not have been happier with how my dress turned out for my Santorini wedding! So incredibly thankful for Nancy!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Thank you so much Diana! We can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Monique · Married on 06/23/2018

We found the most beautiful flower girl dress here and my daughter looks like a princess and feels amazing in her dress

Sent on 06/12/2018

Thank you Monique!

Adrianne · Married on 06/23/2018

The team at Gowns of Grace were absolutely wonderful to work with! I had gone to several different boutiques and when I finally found Gowns of Grace, I knew this would be the place where I’d find my perfect dress!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Adrianne, Thank you so much, for the review and for the wonderful picture!!

Alicia · Married on 06/19/2018

I have patronized this establishment for special occasions in the life of my family. The level of expertise, care and attentiveness exhibited to ensure complete satisfaction is superb - making it a natural choice when searching for the perfect wedding gown.

Ultimately, my wedding day was most memorable, which in large part is due to the service of perfection provided by Gowns of Grace.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Thank you Alicia!!! We can't wait to see your pictures!

Emily · Married on 06/17/2018

I visited 4 other bridal shops before visiting Gowns of Grace - and there is no comparison! If you are looking for a peaceful, non-judgmental, friendly service experience, shop Gowns of Grace! Their shop is in a cute little house, the shop never feels over-crowded, and the sales & alterations staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Janeth · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely Amazing

From the first day when I walked in to try on and look for a dress until the last day when I walked out woh my dress they were very professional and helpful. They are very knowledgeable in what they are doing and give the best advice. They take the time to listen to what you want and help you go from there. They respect your vision and make it come true. They were always so welcoming and nice so easy to work with.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Thank you Janeth! We can't wait to see your pictures!

Paeton · Married on 06/02/2018

I found the perfect dress here and the staff was very helpful!
    The location is also very convenient if you live far from the Dallas area.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Thank you Paeton!

Rikki · Married on 06/02/2018

I'm so glad I found this place. It's a really sweet mother-daughter shop and Nancy and Natalie are wonderful to work with. I came in solo on a Wednesday afternoon and Natalie really listened to what I wanted, pulled a good selection of dresses, and I found one I loved. It was so easy! I really appreciated how laid back she was- I wasn't super excited about looking for a wedding dress and Natalie made me feel comfortable, was never pushy, and just sort of chatted with me while we tried stuff on. I ended up selecting something that was no longer made by the designer so I bought the sample (score!) and Nancy worked her magic on it. Nancy was really thorough and made sure the dress fit exactly how I wanted- including an extra fitting after I had picked up the dress because something didn't feel quite right to me. I loved working with them and would highly recommend Gowns of Grace!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/27/2018

I stumbled upon this shop after a not-so-lucky day of wedding dress shopping. I was ask any specifications that I was looking for and was offered several choices, both inside and outside of my comfort zone. These ladies have never made me feel rushed or bothered during my visits. The alterations have been flawless and performed in a timely manner. Loved my experience in this cute little shop!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you so much!!

Courtney · Married on 05/25/2018

I loved everything about Gowns of Grace, the selections, service, generosity, attentiveness, etc. I highly recommend Gowns Of Grace!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Katie · Married on 05/24/2018

First of all, Nancy agreed to help with my dress even though I didn't purchase it from her, which is rare. We had 3 weeks to work on the dress and she fit in probably 6 fittings without an ounce of stress. I would reccomend EVERYONE go to nancy. She knew exactly what to look for and saw things to fix that I didn't even notice. Super reasonably priced, greatwork, and just a wonderful personality. I would trust nancy with any work.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Gowns of Grace's reply:

Thank you Katie!!! Please send us pictures when you can!

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

So happy to have found GoG. I fell in love with a particular veil and it wasn't available to me in my location. GoG was able to secure it for me and send it to my home. Great to work with them!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Thank you Jessica!!!

Shannon · Married on 05/19/2018

Gowns of Grace was so amazing! She worked with my schedule (I was coming in from out of town) for all of my fittings, and they turned out perfect! Highly recommend this bridal boutique!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Virginia · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough good things about Gowns of Grace. From the day of finding the perfect dress to the fitting appointments, I felt truly cared for. I would recommend this boutique to anyone!!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

Gowns of Grace was the perfect place to find my dress! Nancy, Natalie, and the entire staff made me feel so comfortable through the whole process, from the first visit to each fitting after alterations in house. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Prices are also very reasonable, and the selection is great.

Sent on 06/14/2018